PDA

View Full Version : Has Manu Decided to Play?

raspsa
06-30-2008, 07:19 AM
What's the latest word on Manu?

urunobili
06-30-2008, 07:29 AM
he will review the ankle in San Antonio the 6th July and then make a decision together with them depending on how the MRI looks.

kolko
06-30-2008, 09:13 AM
The reports here are saying that he is much better. It is almost certain that he will play.
Also, it could be confirmed today that Manu will be carrying the Argentinian flag in the opening ceremony.

hater
06-30-2008, 09:30 AM
the Argentinian flag should be carrying him!!

mytespurs
06-30-2008, 11:13 AM
The reports here are saying that he is much better. It is almost certain that he will play.
Also, it could be confirmed today that Manu will be carrying the Argentinian flag in the opening ceremony.

Really? He certainly has pride in his country. :king

urunobili
06-30-2008, 11:17 AM

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100195

timvp
06-30-2008, 12:37 PM
Question for the Argentines ... will there be a backlash if Manu decides to skip the Olympics? Will the average Argentine think less of him or will they understand the decision?

polandprzem
06-30-2008, 12:41 PM
He won't skip

He may be injured but he will be in Beijing

urunobili
06-30-2008, 12:43 PM
Question for the Argentines ... will there be a backlash if Manu decides to skip the Olympics? Will the average Argentine think less of him or will they understand the decision?

I am not Argentine, just a neighbor but i think i can answer this timvp.

If he's not healthy there will be no backlash about not participating; if he is and he opts not participating he already gave his country all what you can ask for, they'd still love him for the rest of his life.

Manu will just play this tournament and the next world cup (that's the only trophy he'd have left to have won all big ones in the game and that would lock him as a HOF IMO) before retire for good of the NT. He won't do any minor tournaments any more that's for sure.

hater
06-30-2008, 01:52 PM

If he decides not to play, there will be no backlash whatsoever. he's already proven all he needs to prove.

T Park
06-30-2008, 01:56 PM
Stay home damnt.

xtremesteven33
06-30-2008, 01:57 PM
Kobe Bryant said recently that the Olympic gold meal means more to him than anything in world competition.

even the NBA championship.

If Kobe who has won many trophies already would come out and say something like this, imagine the pride Manu takes into defending the countrys medal.

T Park
06-30-2008, 02:01 PM
I don't give a fuck what Kobe Bryant thinks.

I care about the fucking player who's getting paid millions by SA and is an huge cog in the machine that has only a few years left.

Stay home and have some fucking loyalty.

hater
06-30-2008, 02:05 PM
Loyalty to your country >>>> loyalty to your job

T Park
06-30-2008, 02:15 PM
Loyalty to your country >>>> loyalty to your job

Awesome.

Then Argentina can pay him 8 million a year then.

ata
06-30-2008, 02:20 PM
I don't give a fuck what Kobe Bryant thinks.

I care about the fucking player who's getting paid millions by SA and is an huge cog in the machine that has only a few years left.

Why don't you tell this US soldiers?

You have some oposing opinions regarding patriotism.

smeagol
06-30-2008, 02:21 PM

Tell me you are not this stupid . . .

T Park
06-30-2008, 02:22 PM
Why don't you tell this US soldiers?

You have some oposing opinions regarding patriotism.

Your comparing war to basketball?

Great job :tu

T Park
06-30-2008, 02:22 PM

Tell me why I should be happy that a player that couldn't perform for the team that pays him millions, is gonna go this summer and fuck around with extra curricular bullshit?

polandprzem
06-30-2008, 02:34 PM
:lmao @ TPark and his milions

Every frickin thread he is talking about money.

And what is more funny is that he uses the loyality word next to $ word :tu

Bingo! we got the winner

Now take a hike

hater
06-30-2008, 02:48 PM
Tell me why I should be happy that a player that couldn't perform for the team that pays him millions, is gonna go this summer and fuck around with extra curricular bullshit?

Because this is a free country?

The George Hill
06-30-2008, 02:50 PM
George Hill is pleased with the poster named T Park, for he agrees with George Hill's stance that thou shalt not give a fuck what Kobe Bryant thinks. There is only what George Hill knows.

smeagol
06-30-2008, 03:07 PM

You are entitled to your opinion and to being happy or sad whenever you feel like it.

All I'm questioning is the use you gave to the word loyal when discussing this topic.

IMO, it was a stupid comment.

ata
06-30-2008, 03:09 PM
Your comparing war to basketball?

Great job :tu

One thing is common - patriotism.

Please explain me, how would possible Manu's injury infuenced petrol prices.

You are bitching because of 8Mio$, while you are OK with few hundres billions $. http://www.alter.si/tabla/images/graemlins/bonk.gif

mavs>spurs2
06-30-2008, 04:42 PM

You are bitching because of 8Mio$, while you are OK with few hundres billions $. http://www.alter.si/tabla/images/graemlins/bonk.gif

Hate the U.S. much?

T Park
06-30-2008, 04:43 PM

What the freak are you talking about?

T Park
06-30-2008, 04:44 PM
You are entitled to your opinion and to being happy or sad whenever you feel like it.

All I'm questioning is the use you gave to the word loyal when discussing this topic.

IMO, it was a stupid comment.

Its just fine the comment.

The Spurs made a huge financial commitment to Ginobili and the loyalty the Spurs showed should be repayed by him staying in SA or Argentina, resting and getting ready for the NBA season.

T Park
06-30-2008, 04:44 PM
:lmao @ TPark and his milions

Every frickin thread he is talking about money.

And what is more funny is that he uses the loyality word next to $ word :tu

Bingo! we got the winner

Now take a hike

:lol @ you failing to make a point.

Tully365
06-30-2008, 05:04 PM

Do you think Kobe should stay home too? He gets paid much more than Manu, needs surgery on his finger, and underperformed in the finals...

T Park
06-30-2008, 05:10 PM
Do you think Kobe should stay home too? He gets paid much more than Manu, needs surgery on his finger, and underperformed in the finals...

I could care less about Kobe Bryant.

Hes not on the Spurs. If the Lakers and his fans are ok with their franchise player potentially wrecking his hand more, whatever. I give a crap about the Spurs and Ginobili.

waly.mg
06-30-2008, 05:58 PM
If Manu don´t play in the Olympics is only beacause he can´t play, and i understand him

But you Spurs Fans only remember one thing

What happen before the Last time Manu played in the Olympics?

He plays unbelievable with the Spurs, he made the All star Game and almost MVP Finals

Marhq
06-30-2008, 08:51 PM
Manu has been finally voted to carry the Argentine flag in the opening ceremony.

Saludos.

Brutalis
06-30-2008, 08:57 PM
Fuck you dude. Manu has a bigger commitment to the team that unloads millions on his sensitive ass. Olympics mean SHIT. You wanna be all prideful and rep your country fine, but understand in the end it don't mean a fucking thing. The NBA is the big leagues, that's what pays the fucking bills. Not some soft ass rigged fucking pussy Euro rules Olympics.

sabar
06-30-2008, 09:07 PM
I would think country loyalty >>> job loyalty

Would you bomb congress if your employer asked you too (and you had no problems with murder)?

diego
06-30-2008, 09:14 PM

couldnt perform? manu performed for the spurs all season, and he played the entire playoffs injured when he could have easily pulled a Tpark, sat out and said "i've only two years left on my contract, i'm 31 years old, i'm scared, i cant play. this is business and manu comes first". He played anyways because he's a fucking warrior, because he wants to win the spurs a LOB every year, because he knows no fear.

and yet some fat ass who bails on his team in the middle of a finals series and cant even keep his word has the nerve to call him out, to question his loyalty and his commitment, less than two months after manu wore himself out for the spurs.

You keep blabbing on about the money, when the spurs have insurance that will cover the money in case of injury, manu wouldnt even be able to play without that insurance.

do the spurs chances to win again decline if manu gets injured? of course. is manu injured now? we dont know. is he injured for next season? WE KNOW THAT HE ISNT BECAUSE NEXT SEASON HASNT STARTED. Is it possible manu, or any other part of the big 3, can suffer injury during next season? yes, that's part of sport, and the reason why the roster has 15 slots. Grow a pair and show some faith in your team, before you blame the player that just played a month of basketball on a bad ankle for your team, for creating a problem (injury, not winning the LOB next season) that DOESNT EXIST.

now that i've finally called you out specifically, why dont you take my bet? you know the one... I'll even pretend that you'll keep your word if I win.

carina_gino20
06-30-2008, 09:21 PM
Manu has been finally voted to carry the Argentine flag in the opening ceremony.

Saludos.

Awesome. But what happens if he can't play?

Jlowd21
06-30-2008, 09:23 PM

Would you bomb congress if your employer asked you too (and you had no problems with murder)?

With the way our economy's going nowadays....

spursfan09
06-30-2008, 09:42 PM

o.. gee when you put it like that...

:rolleyes

AC#21_TD ERA
06-30-2008, 09:50 PM
If Manu don´t play in the Olympics is only beacause he can´t play, and i understand him

But you Spurs Fans only remember one thing

What happen before the Last time Manu played in the Olympics?

He plays unbelievable with the Spurs, he made the All star Game and almost MVP Finals

Manu isn’t getting any younger. Plus just because he performed well last time after the fukin olympics that doesn’t mean he going to kill it again. Manu's body is physically exhausted. So he should fukin sit it out. What value is he going to be for the Spurs when the season starts he won’t even be 50%. Enjoy seeing the Ginobili that we saw in the WCF. SOMETIMES MANU DOESN'T EVEN KNOW WHATS GOOD FOR HIM. STAY THE FUCK HOME.

taps
06-30-2008, 10:07 PM
Should Ginobili play threads = Latin American troll bait

ata
07-01-2008, 01:06 AM
Hate the U.S. much?

No, not at all. It is the oposite filling actualy*. I am just exposing T_Park's double standards.

*That doesn't mean that I uncritically support current administration.

Back on topic: If Manu is healthy, I don't see any obstacles for him to play for NT. He did that before w/o influence on his NBA performance.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
07-01-2008, 06:15 AM
There's too much :blah in these threads about Manu.

He will play.

Don't like it?

Send an email to [email protected] with the subject "Trade ginobili!!!11!"

urunobili
07-01-2008, 07:28 AM
Fuck you dude. Manu has a bigger commitment to the team that unloads millions on his sensitive ass. Olympics mean SHIT. You wanna be all prideful and rep your country fine, but understand in the end it don't mean a fucking thing. The NBA is the big leagues, that's what pays the fucking bills. Not some soft ass rigged fucking pussy Euro rules Olympics.

yeah tell this to Kobe... :lol

smeagol
07-01-2008, 08:11 AM

And fuck off to you too, ignorant redneck fuck.

Manu has already paid back the Spurs his $52MM with 3 rings. He does not owe you, tpark , the city of SA or the SPurs organization shit.

Furthermore, it's not like he is going to played in the Olympics injured. He has said a million times he will only play if he is ok.

Again, if you don't like it, trade Manu's ass and get over it.

smeagol
07-01-2008, 08:15 AM
and yet some fat ass who bails on his team in the middle of a finals series and cant even keep his word

You don't get it . . . he was pulling a "reverse mojo" move :rolleyes

polandprzem
07-01-2008, 08:20 AM

You do not understand a point here.

That's why you are known for a stupidity.

Good point?

hater
07-01-2008, 09:06 AM
Should Ginobili play threads = crybaby redneck spurfan troll bait

fixed

Spuradicator
07-01-2008, 09:14 AM
I have to agree with TPark on most of his thoughts on this subject.

You'd be an idiot to think Manu would be 100% by the time the Olympics start. He will play for Argentina and will play injured if he has to.

I just want him to get healthy, and rest this summer.

hater
07-01-2008, 09:23 AM
You'd be an idiot to think Manu would be 100% by the time the Olympics start. He will play for Argentina and will play injured if he has to.

I don't think anyone is disagreeing with that statement.

What is funny is that some blind homer spurs fans fail to see the fact that playing in the Olympics is Manu's most important time in his life.

urunobili
07-01-2008, 09:35 AM
so the way this thread is developing looks like:

T Park
Brutalis
Spuradicator

against:

smeagol
hater
diego
urunobili
polandprzem

ain't get no better than this :devil

polandprzem
07-01-2008, 09:40 AM
When someone is mentioning my username it's all good.

And the decision of playing in the Olympics is Manus decision not somebody elses.
Gino got his priorieties

TPark as well - money!
Show him some green papers and see his eraction

-----edit

I ment reaction :shootme

spurster
07-01-2008, 12:14 PM
Our great and glorious NBA Commish has this right. NBA players in the Olympics is good for the NBA and good for basketball in the long term. In the short term, yes, players like Manu can wear themselves out, but in the long term, even the Spurs will benefit.

polandprzem
07-01-2008, 12:35 PM
Our great and glorious NBA Commish has this right. NBA players in the Olympics is good for the NBA and good for basketball in the long term. In the short term, yes, players like Manu can wear themselves out, but in the long term, even the Spurs will benefit.

Manu wear himself out in 2004 so the Spurs won in 2005

kolko
07-01-2008, 12:50 PM
Manu is flying to San Antonio this afternoon. He is supposed to have a MRI and be examined by Spurs' doctors between tomorrow and friday.
He was suppossed to go on July 9th, but he progressed so well that he anticipated the trip so he could have more practice time.

Obviously, the Express News won't tell us anything :depressed

smeagol
07-01-2008, 12:53 PM
TPark as well - money!
Show him some green papers and see his eraction

-----edit

I ment reaction :shootme

I thought you meant erection, which would've fit just fine . . .

urunobili
07-01-2008, 12:54 PM
I thought you meant erection, which would've fit just fine . . .

i was about to make the same fix for T Park :devil

polandprzem
07-01-2008, 12:59 PM
Ahh you guys said that out loud :(

:lol

Bruno
07-01-2008, 01:08 PM

Saludos.

Great news for Manu.
A lot of athletes who have carried their national flags for the Olympics, said that it was a great experiment.
I just hope that Manu will be healthy and will play the Olympics. Olympic games + carrying Argentine flag should be awesome for Manu.

urunobili
07-01-2008, 01:08 PM
Ahh you guys said that out loud :( :lol

what u r scared of T Park now?

polandprzem
07-01-2008, 01:10 PM
what u r scared of T Park now?

Nope

I'm rather scared of his erection

polandprzem
07-01-2008, 01:11 PM
Great news for Manu.
A lot of athletes who have carried their national flags for the Olympics, said that it was a great experiment.
I just hope that Manu will be healthy and will play the Olympics. Olympic games + carrying Argentine flag should be awesome for Manu.

Who else could do it?