View Full Version : john mayer

stretch
06-30-2008, 09:15 AM
any fans in here?

one of my 3 favorite music artists of all time

i really wanna see him in concert

remingtonbo2001
06-30-2008, 09:21 AM
Can play the guitar like nobody's business.

lebomb
06-30-2008, 09:25 AM
I like him......very talented guitarist.

ATRAIN
06-30-2008, 09:28 AM
Can play a mean guitar but I dont like his song writing and vocals. Not a fan but to each their own.

lebomb
06-30-2008, 10:12 AM
Can play a mean guitar but I dont like his song writing and vocals. Not a fan but to each their own.

My dad used to play the guitar in a band back in the day.......Chuck Berry days.......he says the same thing......Mayer is a talented guitarist, but doesnt care for his vocals.

I dont think his vocals are that bad at all personally.

mrsmaalox
06-30-2008, 10:23 AM
Interesting guy, unfortunately I'm not sure the Jessica Simpson/Jennifer Aniston hook ups will do much but turn him into another "cartoon character". I prefer the John Mayer Trio work, but that "Real World" song is adorable, and what female won't melt with "Your Body is a Wonderland"!!

Viva Las Espuelas
06-30-2008, 10:44 AM
i'm a fan of his. he's a master of his instrument. some of his tunes are a little too "bubblegum" for me, but i guess it's a guilty pleasure for me, if that's the right term. if i were only in middle school again i could send my "tape" to my girl with "wonderland". "bubble gum tongue" mmmmmmmmmmm

mrsmaalox
06-30-2008, 10:52 AM
i'm a fan of his. he's a master of his instrument. some of his tunes are a little too "bubblegum" for me, but i guess it's a guilty pleasure for me, if that's the right term. if i were only in middle school again i could send my "tape" to my girl with "wonderland". "bubble gum tongue" mmmmmmmmmmm

Middle school? You could send that to ANY age girl and be rewarded with a good snog!!

Viva Las Espuelas
06-30-2008, 10:54 AM
Middle school? You could send that to ANY age girl and be rewarded with a good snog!!
it's so middle school though. "snog"? wow. you're on a roll.

BacktoBasics
06-30-2008, 11:10 AM
To bad this guy waste his talents on shitty pop like music.

stretch
06-30-2008, 11:10 AM
My dad used to play the guitar in a band back in the day.......Chuck Berry days.......he says the same thing......Mayer is a talented guitarist, but doesnt care for his vocals.

I dont think his vocals are that bad at all personally.

I think some people may find his voice to be a tad annoying or such, depends on the person. But i like his music a lot. every song is definitely easy to relate to, and understand his feelings. and he doesnt have 100 songs saying the same thing, which irritates me to no end when artists do that.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-30-2008, 11:16 AM
To bad this guy waste his talents on shitty pop like music.i guess you didn't check out Trio.

mrsmaalox
06-30-2008, 11:20 AM

He's a very good blues guitarist. People just tend to buy more pop than blues.

I thinksome people may find his voice to be a tad annoying or such, depends on the person. But i like his music a lot. every song is definitely easy to relate to, and understand his feelings. and he doesnt have 100 songs saying the same thing, which irritates me to no end when artists do that.

Oh no way. It's the "breathinness" (?) of his voice that makes it so sexy!!

robino2001
06-30-2008, 11:49 AM
I saw him with Maroon 5 opening for him at Verizon in.... summer 04? Wife loves his music - new live CD comes out tomorrow. I had to choose between getting tickets for his concert or for Maroon 5 and Counting Crows for the wife for her birthday (her two favorites)... I chose Maroon 5 and Counting Crows just to get the chance to see two pretty big acts and I've never seen Counting Crows before. Both concerts (Mayer and M5/CC) are in Houston and Dallas in the next couple of months.

stretch
06-30-2008, 11:53 AM
Oh no way. It's the "breathinness" (?) of his voice that makes it so sexy!!

lol i understood what you meant

anyways you're a female. ive never known a female that didnt like his voice. i was i guess referring more to dudes. some people just hear his voice and think hes "gay" so they just dismiss him, when he is really a fantastic artist. lol at one point i was one of them, until i decided to expand my choices and taste in music, and realize that he is a phenomonal talent.

BacktoBasics
06-30-2008, 12:01 PM
I'll listen to blues stuff but it sounds popish I'm shutting it down.

Give me a list of what blues songs he does so I can take a look.

ATRAIN
06-30-2008, 12:15 PM

Give me a list of what blues songs he does so I can take a look.

There is no such thing, she is an idiot.

tlongII
06-30-2008, 12:16 PM
I wish he would just say what he needs to say and be done with it.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-30-2008, 12:55 PM

Give me a list of what blues songs he does so I can take a look.the dude went to berklee. i'm sure he can do any blues song he wants.

BacktoBasics
06-30-2008, 01:14 PM
the dude went to berklee. i'm sure he can do any blues song he wants.Yes because most anyone can easily emulate SRV and the like. You got it pal its all a simple chord and heart, emotion, personality and some random little perfect blend of touch and passion isn't what makes it unique or special.

I'm gonna sign up for some online classes right now and become a legend. Have you signed up for the T Park, Sequ, Boutons and Tlong seminars? Right up your alley.....if you appreciate sounding like a Law Firm of dumbasses.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-30-2008, 01:20 PM
Yes because most anyone can easily emulate SRV and the like. You got it pal its all a simple chord and heart, emotion, personality and some random little perfect blend of touch and passion isn't what makes it unique or special.

i knew i should've predicted your response, mr tunnel vision. i hope the guys that beat you down call me so i can urinate on you, mr welfare.
life coach...........:rolleyes

dallaskd
06-30-2008, 01:20 PM
im going to his concert in dallas this summer

stretch
06-30-2008, 01:22 PM
im going to his concert in dallas this summer

me too

BacktoBasics
06-30-2008, 01:32 PM
i knew i should've predicted your response, mr tunnel vision. i hope the guys that beat you down call me so i can urinate on you, mr welfare.
life coach...........:rolleyes
Yes tunnel vision the kind that leads me to believe that anyone can pound out some blues so long as you know how to strum a guitar. I love how untunneled you make it seem :rolleyes.

T Park
06-30-2008, 01:37 PM
Great guitarist, everything else is shit, vocals, writing and what not.

stretch
06-30-2008, 02:04 PM
Great guitarist, everything else is shit, vocals, writing and what not.

please refrain from enlightening us all with any of your knowledge on any subject whatsoever unless it involves where we can find ur favorite greasy fatty pizza parlor so that we know to stay the hell away from there for our own well being

thank u

cornbread
06-30-2008, 02:12 PM
Yeah, he's definitely a monster on the guitar but his music is made for sorority girls.

Props to him though. His music has probably been getting him laid for a very long time. I can't hate on that.

Spuradicator
06-30-2008, 02:38 PM
I respect the fact that Mayer gets laid alot, but the type of music he puts out is not for me.

mrsmaalox
06-30-2008, 11:51 PM
umk2iDvO0dU

marini martini
07-01-2008, 12:22 AM
I just saw "Bucket List" awesome movie, awesome last song by John Mayer.

Brutalis
07-01-2008, 12:29 AM

Borosai
07-01-2008, 12:43 AM
I like.

v2freak
07-01-2008, 03:50 PM
Can't stand his songs or voice.

Spurminator
07-01-2008, 05:23 PM
He's talented but I find his music about as tolerable as Creed.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-15-2008, 08:21 PM
AFNyiFNy2po
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFNyiFNy2po

v2freak
07-15-2008, 11:39 PM
http://paulidin.com/media/ThatsEnoughJohnMayer.jpg

Exactly how I feel, and I don't even like Family Guy! lol

dallaskd
08-03-2008, 06:56 PM
went to his concert on Friday in Dallas. It was badass. he's the greatest guitarist i've ever seen live.

Ignignokt
08-03-2008, 06:59 PM

Fuck you!

but you're totally right on this one.

spurspf
08-04-2008, 12:14 AM
Thanks for reminding me what a badass Stevie Ray Vaugh was. He could actually sing too.

DPG21920
08-04-2008, 02:44 AM

I listen to all of his music and have seen him live with the Counting Crows (another one of my favorites). What an incredible guitarist and he is light years ahead of his age with regards to song writing. His voice is good for what he is, but his song writing and guitar playing is superior to many.

DPG21920
08-04-2008, 02:48 AM
He will absolutely shred Stevie Ray live as he did in Dallas. People just hear his name and assume pop. It is a shame because the dude can play and his songs touch you on a pretty deep level for such a young dude.

chreph
08-06-2008, 03:39 PM
Took the wife to his concert in Houston on Saturday night and came away thoroughly impressed. His songs are much better live than any of his CDs indicate. Does great covers of SRV songs and puts on some crazy solos. My fingers hurt just watching him. The 5-minute (or so) solo he did while playing with the guitar behind his head, on the floor, etc was incredible. I still wish he'd join another singer/band, though. That would be badass.