PDA

View Full Version : How many wins needed to make the playoffs?

lotr1trekkie
06-30-2008, 11:36 AM
The Spurs won 56 and played on the road throughout. Two less and we are the 6th seed. GS wins 48 and doesn't make it. Houston wins 55 w/o Yao. Seems logical that Portland will greatly improved with Oden and Rush added. 6 games separated the #1 Lakers from #6 Phoenix. 10 teams capable of getting 50+ wins. Sounds like an 82 war of attrition in the West. Every game could be that deciding game come playoff time. Therefore, it seems to me that the Spurs need to improve more than marginally & have a roster that can continue to win despite possible injuries to the Big 3. The playoff number may again be 50 but its going to be much harder to achieve because the Sonics, Clippers, Grizzlies & Timberwolves have also improved their rosters.
The Spur's FO needs to be bold during free agency. JR Smith seems to be the most logical choice. We pulled the trigger once, why not twice. We don't want to see him on the Hornets, Suns or Mavs. If we just tinker, I think come April Spurs fans will be sweating it out about the playoffs. Can we even win our division without a major upgrade in talent? :flag:

xtremesteven33
06-30-2008, 11:46 AM
we for sure need either Artest or Smith.

The Franchise
06-30-2008, 11:54 AM
I think it will end up being 50 wins once again. Portland will just switch places with the Nuggets.

Spurtacus
07-01-2008, 12:27 AM
8th seed = 51 wins