PDA

View Full Version : Welker mouths off on Asante Samuel

Spuradicator
06-30-2008, 02:21 PM
http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/06/29/patriots-wes-welker-on-asante-samuel-he-chose-money-over-cham/

Patriots' Wes Welker on Asante Samuel: 'He Chose Money Over Championships'

Asante Samuel spent the first five seasons of his NFL career with the New England Patriots, where he won two Super Bowls and got to another.

So it was a little bit of a surprise when, after signing with the Philadelphia Eagles in March, he said, "I just want to be able to win and get back to the Super Bowl.'' After all, if his real motivation was to get back to the Super Bowl, wouldn't he have been better off staying in New England?

His former teammate, Wes Welker, thinks so.
Says Welker:

"Asante's a great player, so it hurts not to have a guy like that. But then again, it's part of the business of the game," Welker said. "He chose money over championships, and that's the way it goes sometimes."

That quote comes across as though Welker disapproves of Samuel's choice, but personally, I don't begrudge a player for getting as much money as he can. If money was Samuel's primary motivation, more power to him.

stretch
06-30-2008, 02:23 PM
welker is a stupidfuck

what championship has he won? (other than the AFC, which obviously was not what he referred to, and it doesnt mean much)

Spuradicator
06-30-2008, 02:24 PM
Welker is an idiot for saying that.

Samuel's got the championships. Its more weighing the option of trying staying with the Pats or really taking care of himself and his family. He chose to get paid and take care of his family.

And he chose money over the patriots, not over winning more championships. Ignorant Welker.

stretch
06-30-2008, 02:25 PM
so now, Asante Samuel will have considerably more money and 1 more ring than welker has.

welker needs to shut the fuck up

Spuradicator
06-30-2008, 02:28 PM
Welker's gotten pretty cocky being in a sweet situation. He's got skill, but Moss is the reason this little fucker had nice stats last year.

stretch
06-30-2008, 02:33 PM
Welker is an idiot for saying that.

Samuel's got the championships. Its more weighing the option of trying staying with the Pats or really taking care of himself and his family. He chose to get paid and take care of his family.

And he chose money over the patriots, not over winning more championships. Ignorant Welker.

agreed. he has more rings than welker already. and its not like philly is going to be that bad of a team either. if mcnabb can stay healthy, i see them being just as capable of getting to the SB as anyone in the NFC. and i think that he will have a better chance at making the SB than the Patriots, because of lesser total competition in the NFC. the only really serious teams will likely be Dallas, and MAYBE New York and Minnesota (if T-Jackson can be consistent).

In the AFC, you got to deal with Indy, Jacksonville, and San Diego, and then you still got other very good teams like Tennessee and Pittsburgh. Much tougher. and lets not forget, that Philly last year was the team that truly exposed the Patriots biggest weaknesses, despite having loads of injuries including not having McNabb. Philly is going to be a very good team this year (again, if Donovan stays healthy).

stretch
06-30-2008, 02:33 PM
Welker's gotten pretty cocky being in a sweet situation. He's got skill, but Moss is the reason this little fucker had nice stats last year.

no question about it

ATRAIN
06-30-2008, 02:36 PM
Welker doesnt have any rings does he?

stretch
06-30-2008, 02:47 PM
Welker doesnt have any rings does he?

no sir

ATRAIN
06-30-2008, 02:50 PM
no sir

LOL then why is this fool even talking shit. They havent won since he has been there so why so confident. Dumb ass doesnt know better he is an aggie.

monosylab1k
06-30-2008, 02:51 PM
LOL then why is this fool even talking shit. They havent won since he has been there so why so confident. Dumb ass doesnt know better he is an aggie.

he went to texas tech, dipshit.

monosylab1k
06-30-2008, 02:53 PM
he needs to keep his mouth shut, but whatever. if this wasn't a story about a Patriot and an ex-Patriot, nobody would give a shit.

ATRAIN
06-30-2008, 02:55 PM
he went to texas tech, dipshit.

Tech, A&M whats the difference really?

degenerate_gambler
06-30-2008, 03:14 PM
Tech, A&M whats the difference really?

true...

neither can hold a candle to the 40 acres.

stretch
06-30-2008, 03:26 PM
he needs to keep his mouth shut, but whatever. if this wasn't a story about a Patriot and an ex-Patriot, nobody would give a shit.

if it was TO then citizens would be calling for the death penalty.

Udokafan05
06-30-2008, 10:19 PM
Welker is still mad about samuel dropping the interception that let the giants win

Whisky Dog
06-30-2008, 10:33 PM
Who cares, really?

Spur-Addict
06-30-2008, 10:39 PM

B/C he has no ring. Any good player that leaves lessens his opportunity at winning and he knows it. It's a selfish mindstate, but a good selfish mindstate nonetheless. But, he shouldn't speak on why someone left, it's none of his business. His only job is to suit up on sunday and practice during the week. His job description doesn't say anything about calling someone selfish when he is himself. They may very well be selfish but for different reasons. But, it still makes them both selfish, Fuck Welker.

mytespurs
06-30-2008, 11:22 PM

Absolutely!!!!! :toast

jack sommerset
06-30-2008, 11:25 PM
Looks like Welker has bought coach B's bull shit. Plus the fact Eagles have been in 4 NFC championship games and one Super Bowl this decade, who is to say with the addition of one of the best cornerbacks in there line up that he choose just money. Eagles are a great organization and it would not surprise me if they find themselves in contention real soon.

O-Factor
07-01-2008, 12:49 AM
Actually Wes, he chose money AFTER championships. Samuel worked and earned a payday...prick. Shut the fuck up, and do well for my fantasy team next year, while the opposing defense concentrates on Moss.

I fully expect Wes Welker to accept an exceptionally low contract, or contract extension from the Patriots now.

MavDynasty
07-01-2008, 09:13 AM
Philadelphia vs NE in the superbowl. Samuel deflects the game winning pass right in Welkers face...book it

stretch
07-01-2008, 09:40 AM
Philadelphia vs NE in the superbowl. Samuel deflects the game winning pass right in Welkers face...book it

that could very possibly end up being the matchup too.

monosylab1k
07-01-2008, 10:39 AM
Depends on if McNabb has the ability to stay healthy any more.

bostonguy
07-01-2008, 11:25 AM
that could very possibly end up being the matchup too.

Too many key players lost, a weak ass secondary, a 1 dimensional offense, and the effects of the superbowl loss. Dont count on the Pats getting there this year. Too many holes to fill and too many wounds to heal.

:depressed:depressed

David Wooderson
07-01-2008, 11:29 AM
Welker is still mad about samuel dropping the interception that let the giants win

He would have came down out of bounds and it wouldn't have counted.

stretch
07-01-2008, 11:59 AM
Too many key players lost, a weak ass secondary, a 1 dimensional offense, and the effects of the superbowl loss. Dont count on the Pats getting there this year. Too many holes to fill and too many wounds to heal.

not saying they will. but i wont write them off just yet. IMO San Diego will rep the AFC though.

GEICO Caveman
07-01-2008, 12:48 PM
not saying they will. but i wont write them off just yet. IMO San Diego will rep the AFC though.

Nah man bet the farm on the Raiders. I'm gonna be rich!

stretch
07-01-2008, 01:16 PM
Nah man bet the farm on the Raiders. I'm gonna be rich!

im seriously considering that course of action

MavDynasty
07-01-2008, 01:20 PM
lol raiders

sa_butta
07-01-2008, 01:21 PM
I liked his hustle when he was with the Fins, but I have to agree he has gotten pretty damn cocky with the Pats. But I guess it kind of rubs off when the you play for them.

dickface
07-01-2008, 01:38 PM

hey hey! it's dallasguy, the cowboys fan!

bostonguy
07-01-2008, 08:38 PM
hey hey! it's dallasguy, the cowboys fan!

hi

Chucho
07-06-2008, 09:52 PM

Too many holes to fill? Wounds to heal?? Do you even keep up with the sport? The Eagles have too many holes, the severely ONE DIMENSIONAL OFFENSE AND A BUSTED, WASHED UP QB. They won't even be sniffing playoffs, especially when Donovan suffers his annual season ending injury.

The Pats are the Spurs of the NBA. Until Belichick and Brady ride off into the sun together, the Pats will always figure into the SuperBowl mix year in, year out. And how many key players left?? Last time I checked Moss, Brady, Welker, were still there to shore up the "1 dimensional offense" that broke all league records last season and the running backs added about 1500 yards of footwork. I mean this is just THE MOST one dimensional offense ever, because YOU said so. Oh yeah, and the defense is just going to absoluteley fall apart with Asante Samuel leaving, because Vrabel, Bruschi, Seymour and Ellis Hobbs have no clue and fell apart when Ty Law left and again when Willie McGinest left. Remember that? Yah, neither does anyone else.

Truth be told, the Patriots are going to be the odds on favorite( surprise surprise) at the beginning of the season, the offense will be the best (Cowboys fans keep dreaming, choking is what you've created, choking is what you will endure) and their defense will be in the top half of the league (as it has been since 02) because they have a winning system. They can replace players within it and have done it plenty of times and will continue to win. Your just being a hater (and this is from an Indy fanboy) and unrealistic. The Eagles are a wreck and need re-tooling starting with kicking Donovan to the curb and fixing the Offense, which seems to be all but forgotten with the addition of stud Defensive players that never quite pan out for them (Takeo Spikes and etc.) and sub-par drafting. Andy Reid should be shown the door as well...

samikeyp
07-06-2008, 10:34 PM
Cowboy fans didn't create choking and neither did the Cowboys.

However, the Cowboys the last two Decembers have been textbook examples of it. :)

Spuradicator
07-06-2008, 10:44 PM
Yeah, I'll take the synopsis of the Cowboys from someone who made it clear they hate the Cowboys.....:rolleyes

The Cowboys will represent the NFC, as the Pats will represent the AFC.

samikeyp
07-06-2008, 10:46 PM
I was wondering the same thing. I am not sure what Cowboy fans have to do with the Patriots offense and defense but to each his own.

As far as the Pats go, I think they will be the SB favorites going in to the season. Although I also think Indy and SD have the talent to beat them.

In regards to the original topic, if we could go back to that....Samuel did leave for the money and while I believe an athlete should think championship then money, its his call and he wasn't the first to go for the $$$ and certainly won't be the last. Welker's comments, IMO, were stupid.

bostonguy
07-06-2008, 11:02 PM
Too many holes to fill? Wounds to heal?? Do you even keep up with the sport? The Eagles have too many holes, the severely ONE DIMENSIONAL OFFENSE AND A BUSTED, WASHED UP QB. They won't even be sniffing playoffs, especially when Donovan suffers his annual season ending injury.

The Pats are the Spurs of the NBA. Until Belichick and Brady ride off into the sun together, the Pats will always figure into the SuperBowl mix year in, year out. And how many key players left?? Last time I checked Moss, Brady, Welker, were still there to shore up the "1 dimensional offense" that broke all league records last season and the running backs added about 1500 yards of footwork. I mean this is just THE MOST one dimensional offense ever, because YOU said so. Oh yeah, and the defense is just going to absoluteley fall apart with Asante Samuel leaving, because Vrabel, Bruschi, Seymour and Ellis Hobbs have no clue and fell apart when Ty Law left and again when Willie McGinest left. Remember that? Yah, neither does anyone else.

Truth be told, the Patriots are going to be the odds on favorite( surprise surprise) at the beginning of the season, the offense will be the best (Cowboys fans keep dreaming, choking is what you've created, choking is what you will endure) and their defense will be in the top half of the league (as it has been since 02) because they have a winning system. They can replace players within it and have done it plenty of times and will continue to win. Your just being a hater (and this is from an Indy fanboy) and unrealistic. The Eagles are a wreck and need re-tooling starting with kicking Donovan to the curb and fixing the Offense, which seems to be all but forgotten with the addition of stud Defensive players that never quite pan out for them (Takeo Spikes and etc.) and sub-par drafting. Andy Reid should be shown the door as well...

After how they lost the superbowl and it being their only loss, that is going to be a tough thing to recover from. I dont care how great of a past they have had. If this Pats team isnt as good as or better than last years team, it is tough to see them coming out of the AFC.

I just cant find any reason to be optimistic about the Pats this year. Not after losing the superbowl like that. Losing any other playoff game would have me feeling better but losing in the superbowl feels like it is just too deep of a wound to stop the bleeding. DAMN IT! Id rather be a lottery team than to lose in the fucking superbowl. Worst fucking feeling ever!:pctoss

Oh and on a side note...Ellis Hobbs sucks dog balls. Bruschi/Vrabel are old, Seymour I still like though.

dimsah
07-07-2008, 06:47 AM

What the fuck are you babbling on about?

The Pats are the Spurs of the NBA.
Fucking brilliant. Last I looked, the "Spurs" were the Spurs of the NBA.
Don't ever compare the patriots to the Spurs again. The pats don't deserve it.

dickface
07-07-2008, 09:14 AM
After how they lost the superbowl and it being their only loss, that is going to be a tough thing to recover from.

Good to see that you're so in tune with the Patriots roster that you know their psychological makeup.

I just cant find any reason to be optimistic about the Pats this year..

No, not after an undefeated regular season and a trip to the Super Bowl. Shitty results like that are great reasons to think your team will suck next season. There's only 30 teams in the league who would love to trade places with the Patriots.

Id rather be a lottery team than to lose in the fucking superbowl.

The only thing I'll say about this little snippet of absolute idiocy is that THE NFL DOESN'T HAVE A FUCKING LOTTERY YOU STUPID ASSHOLE.

bostonguy
07-07-2008, 11:09 PM
Good to see that you're so in tune with the Patriots roster that you know their psychological makeup.

Who knows where their psychological mindset is at. Losing a heartbreaking game like that in the superbowl is something new this team has experienced. Only a superbowl victory will erase that feeling. I dont need a front running fan lecturing me how to view my team. :lmao:lmao

No, not after an undefeated regular season and a trip to the Super Bowl. Shitty results like that are great reasons to think your team will suck next season. There's only 30 teams in the league who would love to trade places with the Patriots..

It doesnt mean a damn thing if you dont win the ring. An undefeated season and a superbowl appearance means nothing without the championship.

The only thing I'll say about this little snippet of absolute idiocy is that THE NFL DOESN'T HAVE A FUCKING LOTTERY YOU STUPID ASSHOLE.

:lmao:lmao Lottery or missing the playoffs in the end it is all the same. I really dont get what point you are trying to make by responding to every single one of my posts. Your obsession with me is confusing yet fucking hysterical. :lmao:lmao

samikeyp
07-07-2008, 11:43 PM
Id rather be a lottery team than to lose in the fucking superbowl.

Not me...if your team loses the Super Bowl, at least they had a chance to win it. If they don't make the playoffs, they have no shot.

You should always want your team to win. No matter what.

Chucho
07-17-2008, 06:23 PM
What the fuck are you babbling on about?

Fucking brilliant. Last I looked, the "Spurs" were the Spurs of the NBA.
Don't ever compare the patriots to the Spurs again. The pats don't deserve it.

I'll tell you what I'm babbling about, I gave reasons why the Patriots are going to be the odds on favorites to go back to the SuperBowl. Good reasons. We call it an argument. Or debate. With facts. Ya know, the things that are truths that have been revealed by observing said subject matter? Was it the thin layer of sarcasm that I wrote with that angered you and made you feel inferior? I wasn't addressing you, but since you seem to , ya know, have your head up your ass and arrogantly insulted a small typo on my behalf, I feel the same urge to return the favor, jack ass. Instead of trying to make yourself look good by insulting someone being constructive, maybe you yourself should attempt to add to the discussion instead of pointing out a small typo. "OMG, heez so stoopid! NBA izn't the NFL, heez dum! LOLZ!" Howabout you go fuck yourself before you go rippin people when you've added nothing to the discussion other than your a douche with little to no knowledge about football.

stretch
07-17-2008, 06:34 PM
I'll tell you what I'm babbling about, I gave reasons why the Patriots are going to be the odds on favorites to go back to the SuperBowl. Good reasons. We call it an argument. Or debate. With facts. Ya know, the things that are truths that have been revealed by observing said subject matter? Was it the thin layer of sarcasm that I wrote with that angered you and made you feel inferior? I wasn't addressing you, but since you seem to , ya know, have your head up your ass and arrogantly insulted a small typo on my behalf, I feel the same urge to return the favor, jack ass. Instead of trying to make yourself look good by insulting someone being constructive, maybe you yourself should attempt to add to the discussion instead of pointing out a small typo. "OMG, heez so stoopid! NBA izn't the NFL, heez dum! LOLZ!" Howabout you go fuck yourself before you go rippin people when you've added nothing to the discussion other than your a douche with little to no knowledge about football.

you deserve to be banned and kicked in the teeth with steel toed boots for your name