PDA

View Full Version : Clips extended the qualifying offer to Marcus Williams

picnroll
06-30-2008, 08:36 PM
Clips extended the qualifying offer to Marcus Williams

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53293/20080630/clippers_extend_qualifying_offers_to_fazekas_willi ams/

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-30-2008, 08:37 PM
Hopefully he still makes it in the NBA. He's a cool and determined guy. :tu

Ocotillo
06-30-2008, 08:38 PM
Dang!

angelbelow
06-30-2008, 09:28 PM
good for marcus. wish him the best.

usckk
06-30-2008, 09:50 PM
LOL, he's never going to make it in the NBA.

TheProfessor
06-30-2008, 09:57 PM
LOL, he's never going to make it in the NBA.
You find the Spurs' poor domestic scouting funny?

He's still got a shot. Should find some minutes on a pretty lackluster roster.

usckk
06-30-2008, 10:19 PM
No, I don't think it was funny. I thought they made a mistake with that pick.

I am a Arizona basketball fan, so I saw a lot of games. Marcus was a good scorer in college but was never a good shooter. He mainly made shots through drives. In his freshman year, he surprised a lot of people with his play. He came in as just a 3-star recruit but preformed well. Because Arizona had no shooters during his stay at Zona, he was actually their best shooter. Overall, I wasn't impressed with Marcus. He plays decent defense, but his offensive games is limited in the NBA without a shooting ability. Furthermore, he was some-what a headcase while he was there too, complaining about playing time and such.

The Spurs drafted him out of potential. He had the length and height to become good. Scouts know he's not NBA ready, but they hoped they could mold him into a good defensive player with the ability to become a slasher in offensive.

coopdogg3
06-30-2008, 10:23 PM
No, I don't think it was funny. I thought they made a mistake with that pick.

I am a Arizona basketball fan, so I saw a lot of games. Marcus was a good scorer in college but was never a good shooter. He mainly made shots through drives. In his freshman year, he surprised a lot of people with his play. He came in as just a 3-star recruit but preformed well. Because Arizona had no shooters during his stay at Zona, he was actually their best shooter. Overall, I wasn't impressed with Marcus. He plays decent defense, but his offensive games is limited in the NBA without a shooting ability. Furthermore, he was some-what a headcase while he was there too, complaining about playing time and such.

The Spurs drafted him out of potential. He had the length and height to become good. Scouts know he's not NBA ready, but they hoped they could mold him into a good defensive player with the ability to become a slasher in offensive.

Well, to be fair, they did kind of mold Marcus into an NBA player. He just plays for a different team.

TheProfessor
06-30-2008, 10:31 PM
Well, to be fair, they did kind of mold Marcus into an NBA player. He just plays for a different team.
Well, a good D-Leaguer, really. Whether he can stay in the league is another question.

montgod
06-30-2008, 10:34 PM
Shoot... and I was hoping the Spurs could sign him and his .9 scoring average. Darn. :)

GSH
07-01-2008, 12:09 AM
Shoot... and I was hoping the Spurs could sign him and his .9 scoring average. Darn. :)

That's exactly the kind of offensive punch we need in those games that we lose by .8 points.:downspin:

SenorSpur
07-01-2008, 12:10 AM
Gosh darn, I was hoping the Spurs would've beat the Clippers to the punch.