PDA

View Full Version : Forget the Artest Talk: He's Staying with the Kings

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-30-2008, 10:14 PM
Kings forward Artest not opting out of final year
ESPN.com news services

Updated: June 30, 2008, 10:32 PM ET

On the last night of the NBA Finals, Ron Artest said he was "99 percent sure" he wouldn't opt out of his contract with the Sacramento Kings. Make it 100.

"Not opting out," Artest told ESPN.com's Marc Stein via e-mail Monday night. "The Kings have been there for me, so the best I could do is stay in my contract."

Artest's agent, Mark Stevens, confirmed that his client will fulfill the final year, worth nearly $8 million.

Artest played in only 57 games due to injury last season and averaged 20.5 points and 5.8 rebounds per game.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3468447

coopdogg3
06-30-2008, 10:21 PM
Dammit RC!!! You should have arranged for Artest to opt out. RC is seriously the worst GM in the business!!!!! How dare he allow Artest to pick up his player option!!!!

This is why the Spurs have never won the NBA Championship, and this is why they never will!!! They can't get the simplest free agents to sign with them.

I'm actually kinda glad, I want the Spurs to stay far away from Artest.

Jlowd21
06-30-2008, 10:25 PM
Dammit RC!!! You should have arranged for Artest to opt out. RC is seriously the worst GM in the business!!!!! How dare he allow Artest to pick up his player option!!!!

This is why the Spurs have never won the NBA Championship, and this is why they never will!!! They can't get the simplest free agents to sign with them.

I think we've won it before...

bigdog
06-30-2008, 10:27 PM

Fr some reason I distinctly remember going to 4 Spurs championship celebrations at the Alamodome...hmm...

tp2021
06-30-2008, 10:28 PM
sarcasm, maybe?

coopdogg3
06-30-2008, 10:29 PM
Yeah, I'm hoping they realize it was sarcasm. Otherwise it's just more children left behind.

I also hope they realize that RC has nothing to do with Artest opting out or not opting out.

Just thought I would have some fun with all the RC bashing.

montgod
06-30-2008, 10:36 PM
Please remember, this doesn't necessarily mean he is staying with the Kings. If anything, this allows his team a better opportunity to trade him for someone like.... Odom.

If he had opted out, the Lakers would not have been able to pay him what he wanted in salary.

Watch this story unfold... the Kings want to be rid of him just as much as he doesn't truly want to be there.

Udokafan05
Kings now have trade bait in february

montgod
Kings now have trade bait in february

I see him gone sooner than that.

timvp
06-30-2008, 10:41 PM
HoopsWorld strikes again.

SenorSpur
06-30-2008, 11:20 PM
Good

T Park
06-30-2008, 11:50 PM
so much for Kill Bill's 24 million a year contract.

Spurtacus
06-30-2008, 11:52 PM
*scratches Artest off of the top of list*

SenorSpur
07-01-2008, 12:03 AM
Now they can turn their attention to Smith, Pietrus or Azibuke

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-01-2008, 04:27 AM
so much for Kill Bill's 24 million a year contract.

Show me where I ever say he accept offer or will sign? I say every time reporters in Greece say they not think he will accept offer just that it was make.

Jamison not accept PAO offer either. Only player accept PAO offer was Scola and this was not able happen because Rockets refuse let him from contract.

ss1986v2
07-01-2008, 04:46 AM
Show me where I ever say he accept offer or will sign? I say every time reporters in Greece say they not think he will accept offer just that it was make.

Jamison not accept PAO offer either. Only player accept PAO offer was Scola and this was not able happen because Rockets refuse let him from contract.
so the two players that could accept the supposed offer dont (even though its far and away the best offer they ever would have gotten), but the one player that does accept the supposed offer is the only of the three that could never accept contractually.

wow, aint that convenient! :downspin:

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-01-2008, 06:11 AM
so the two players that could accept the supposed offer dont (even though its far and away the best offer they ever would have gotten), but the one player that does accept the supposed offer is the only of the three that could never accept contractually.

wow, aint that convenient! :downspin:

Is because US players believe same things as fans that Euroleague is "joke". They is so brainwash by Stern and NBA hype that they will take less money in NBA. Scola is many years player in Europe and he also play now in NBA so he know most of this talk just hype and nonsense. So for him he will take more money. Rockets block this. Nothing more than this and is not matter if you can understand or not.

vy65
07-01-2008, 05:39 PM
Not opting out? Or is he?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3469895

ChumpDumper
07-01-2008, 05:40 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3469895It's pretty clear in the article he didn't.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-01-2008, 05:41 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3469895

He's not.

Spur-Addict
07-01-2008, 05:42 PM
Cry me a river Ron.