PDA

View Full Version : Who would you rather have?

mavs>spurs2
06-30-2008, 10:43 PM
Paul Pierce or Dirk?

Pierce is a Finals MVP, and IMO the better team leader, slightly more clutch, and the better defender.

Dirk is slightly better offensively, better jumpshot, impossible to stop with 1 on 1 coverage.

Who would you rather have at small forward if you were creating a 2000's dream team?

mavs>spurs2
06-30-2008, 10:50 PM
I know Mav fans are going to get pissed at me for this, but PP's playoff showing was damn impressive. Both are great players, but personally I'd take Pierce by a hair. Holding his own with Kobe (actually got the better of him IMO) and Lebron is what won me over.

Vinnie_Johnson
06-30-2008, 10:54 PM
I will take the guy with the ring. PP

mavs>spurs2
06-30-2008, 11:11 PM
^ Then vote!

baseline bum
06-30-2008, 11:38 PM
Tough call... I can't decide. Dirk has more range. Pierce is a physical defender. Nowitzki can grab boards. Pierce has been a 4th-quarter assassin for years. Nowitzki's much better in the clutch than he's given credit for. Both can put the ball on the floor and either get to the basket or get to the line.

JamStone
07-01-2008, 12:47 AM
Dirk can't guard small forwards.

Leetonidas
07-01-2008, 12:48 AM
I think I'd rather have Dirk on my team.

But, that's because Dirk + Tim would be unstoppable.

0201rinckwater
07-01-2008, 01:08 AM
Give Dirk KG and Allen an see who gets a ring

Spurtacus
07-01-2008, 01:15 AM
The Truth shall set you free.

pauls931
07-01-2008, 11:18 AM
I'd have to go with Pierce he can take games over even with a good defender and takes it to the hole better than dirk. Dirk still seems soft relying on his fade away too much.

nkdlunch
07-01-2008, 11:20 AM
Pierce can defend. no brainer.

mavs>spurs2
07-01-2008, 11:22 AM
Hey stretch, tell me how my ass tastes.

Next time you want to call an opinion "garbage," you might want to make sure you know what the fuck you're talking about. Seems like people agree with me, which isn't even the point. The point is you acted like it was a ridiculous claim and made me out to be an idiot, even though in reality it's really close.

MavDynasty
07-01-2008, 11:24 AM
pierce couldnt take his team to the finals in a weak ass Eastern conf.

Dirk took his team to the finals all by himself

mavs>spurs2
07-01-2008, 11:29 AM
Damn Findog, I coulda swore Pierce did just that a couple weeks ago.

And I guess since Kobe didn't go to the finals until he got some help, Dirk>Kobe

Let's start some "Is Dirk better than Jordan?" threads

For fuck's sake, Josh Howard was an all star that year and everyone was really high on him. Just because he (along with others) sucked balls this year doesn't change the fact that the 05-06 Mavs were damn good. No one in this league wins championships by themselves.

Red Hawk #21
07-01-2008, 11:39 AM
This is really tough but Ill go with Dirk.

mavs>spurs2
07-01-2008, 11:43 AM
^ And that's all I ever said from the beginning, you can't really go wrong here. But it's definitely not far fetched to choose Pierce.

stretch
07-01-2008, 11:49 AM
Dirk can't guard small forwards.

Paul cant guard power forwards.

stretch
07-01-2008, 11:50 AM
Hey stretch, tell me how my ass tastes.

Next time you want to call an opinion "garbage," you might want to make sure you know what the fuck you're talking about. Seems like people agree with me, which isn't even the point. The point is you acted like it was a ridiculous claim and made me out to be an idiot, even though in reality it's really close.

lol poll about dirk on a spurs (mavs biggest rivals) forum

get the fuck out

stretch
07-01-2008, 11:52 AM
Damn Findog, I coulda swore Pierce did just that a couple weeks ago.

And I guess since Kobe didn't go to the finals until he got some help, Dirk>Kobe

Let's start some "Is Dirk better than Jordan?" threads

For fuck's sake, Josh Howard was an all star that year and everyone was really high on him. Just because he (along with others) sucked balls this year doesn't change the fact that the 05-06 Mavs were damn good. No one in this league wins championships by themselves.

you're a fucking dumbass i swear

howard was an allstar in 2007

by your logic Howard+Terry = Garnett+Allen

please do us all a favor and shut the fuck up

mavs>spurs2
07-01-2008, 11:52 AM
Lot's of unbiased fans here, many people who voted aren't even spur fans. And even if you take that into account, it would be more like 50/50 instead of 60/40. All I ever claimed was that Pierce and Dirk are both great players.

stretch
07-01-2008, 11:53 AM
Pierce can defend. no brainer.

everyone shat on his defense almost as much as Dirks, up until he had garnett and perkins behind him

mavs>spurs2
07-01-2008, 11:53 AM
you're a fucking dumbass i swear

howard was an allstar in 2007

by your logic Howard+Terry = Garnett+Allen

please do us all a favor and shut the fuck up

Commit Suicide. Howard/Terry no where near equals Garnett/Allen, asshole.

I can play the name calling game too.

stretch
07-01-2008, 11:57 AM
I think I'd rather have Dirk on my team.

But, that's because Dirk + Tim would be unstoppable.

in all actuality, Dirk + any superstar in NBA history would be unstoppable

he is a guy that can fit in with any superstar due to his incredible versatility. i guarantee there is not one superstar in NBA history that you can name that he would not be a good combo with.

dallaskd
07-01-2008, 01:01 PM
Dirk has much better range, is almost impossible to guard, is actually more clutch than people give him credit, and he rebounds well. dirk :tu

stretch
07-01-2008, 01:11 PM
Commit Suicide. Howard/Terry no where near equals Garnett/Allen, asshole.

I can play the name calling game too.

except you failed at it.

miserably.

in fact judging by your post, you didnt even bother to try to comprehend my post. you would be better off shoving a basketball up your ass, than you would trying to ever talk logically about basketball ever again.

stretch
07-01-2008, 01:11 PM
All I ever claimed was that Pierce and Dirk are both great players.

no you didnt

mavs>spurs2
07-01-2008, 02:23 PM
no you didnt

Are you a fucktard? This all originated in a thread about the different decades and who you would pick for an all star team. For the 2000's team I said I would rather have Pierce at SF rather than Dirk, and gave reasons why. I've stated many times that it's really too close to even call, it's more of a matter of preference. GET OFF MY DICK, you're fucking obnoxious.

lebomb
07-01-2008, 02:25 PM
Pierce

stretch
07-01-2008, 02:57 PM
Are you a fucktard?

no

This all originated in a thread about the different decades and who you would pick for an all star team.

im aware

For the 2000's team I said I would rather have Pierce at SF rather than Dirk, and gave reasons why.

yes your point being that pierce was better. not that they were two great players. you said pierce is better plain and simple

I've stated many times that it's really too close to even call, it's more of a matter of preference.

you also stated pierce is better

GET OFF MY DICK, you're fucking obnoxious.

what dick? you act like a fucking female.

mavs>spurs2
07-01-2008, 03:10 PM
no

yes

im aware

k

yes your point being that pierce was better. not that they were two great players. you said pierce is better plain and simple

I've said many times that they're both great players. I also said that IMO Pierce is slightly better, but that it's a close call. More people agree with me than you.

you also stated pierce is better

Been down that road

what dick? you act like a fucking female.

Kiss my dick

stretch
07-01-2008, 03:12 PM
I've said many times that they're both great players. I also said that IMO Pierce is slightly better, but that it's a close call. More people agree with me than you.

on a spurs forum. :wow

Kiss my dick

i knew u were a faggot

Hemotivo
07-01-2008, 03:29 PM
Paul Pierce

manufor3
07-01-2008, 08:46 PM
paul pierce

mavsfan4ever
07-02-2008, 02:28 AM
dirk

mystargtr34
07-02-2008, 03:58 AM
Ill take Dirk... i think Dirk and PP on Defense are pretty close... Dirk is 7 feet and has some resemblence of a prescence on D and blocks shots occasionally.

Dirk is a better scorer

PP is a better playmaker.