PDA

View Full Version : Clark Just Made My V.P. Short-List Again

Nbadan
07-01-2008, 01:23 AM
If military service were a western, Clark would be Jack Palance and McCain would be Billy Crystal!

VdHwP9C_4r4

:rollin

Nbadan
07-01-2008, 01:52 AM
Too bad Hackworth isn't around anymore to set the McCain record straight, but lucky for us Hackworth's thoughts were pretty clear....

Jan. 25, 2000
By David Hackworth

John McCain is being hailed by the press as a "genuine war hero." But is he a war hero in the conventional sense like Audie Murphy and John Glenn?

Or is his "war hero" status the creation of a very slick publicity campaign that plays on flag, duty, honor and country?

For sure, McCain has the fruit-salad -- a Silver Star, a Legion of Merit for Valor, a Distinguished Flying Cross, three Bronze Stars , two Commendation medals plus two Purple Hearts and a dozen service gongs.

On a purely medal count basis, he out-weighs Murphy and Glenn, who both for years repeatedly performed extraordinary deeds on the ground or in the air against an armed enemy.

McCain's valor awards are based on what happened in 1967, when during his 23d mission over Vietnam, he was shot down, seriously injured, captured and then spent 5 1/2 brutal years as a POW.

In an attempt to find out exactly what the man did to earn these many hero awards, I asked his Senate office three times to provide copies of the narratives for each medal. I'm still waiting.

I next went to the Pentagon. Within a week, I received a recap of his medals and many of the narratives that give the details of what he did.

None of the awards, less the DFC, were for heroism over the battlefield -- where he spent no more than 20 hours. Two Naval officers described the awards as "boilerplate" and "part of an SOP medal package given to repatriated (Vietnam-era) POWs."

McCain's Silver Star narrative for the period 27 October 1967 -- the day after he was shot down -- to 8 December 1968 reads: "His captors… subjected him to extreme mental and physical cruelties in an attempt to obtain military information and false confessions for propaganda purposes. Through his resistance to those brutalities, he contributed significantly towards the eventual abandonment…" of such harsh treatment by the North Vietnamese.

Yet in McCain's own words just four days after being captured, he admits he violated the U.S. Code of Conduct by telling his captors "O.K, I'll give you military information if you will take me to the hospital."

A Vietnam vet detractor says, "He received the nation's third highest award, the Silver Star, for treason. He provided aid and comfort to the enemy!"

The rest of his valor awards -- issued automatically every year while he was a POW -- read much like the Silver Star. More boilerplate often repeating the exact same words. An example: "By his heroic endeavors, exceptional skill, and devotion to duty, he reflected great credit upon himself and upheld the highest traditions of the Naval Service and the United States Armed Forces."

Yet McCain's conduct while a POW negates these glowing comments. The facts are that he signed a confession and declared himself a "black criminal who performed deeds of an air pirate." This statement and other interviews he gave to the Communist press were used as propaganda to fan the flames of the anti-war movement.

Accounts by McCain and other writers tell of the horror he endured: relentlessly beatings, torture, broken limbs. All inflicted during savage interrogations. Yet no other POW was a witness to these accounts.

A former POW says "No man witnessed another man during interrogations… We relied on each other to tell the truth when a man was returned to his cell."

The U.S. Navy says two eye-witnesses are required for any award of heroism. But for the valor awards McCain received, there are no eye-witnesses, less himself and his captors.

And they're not talking.

Our POWs in Vietnam were treated appallingly. The Viets would either break a POW or kill him. POWs provided info beyond name, rank and serial number or they didn't come back.

Based on these stalwart men's horrific experiences, the Code of Conduct has been changed. A POW says, "Now the training is to give them something… don't risk permanent damage to health, mind or body."

McCain refused an early release. An act of valor? Three former POWs told me he was ordered to turn it down by his U.S. POW commander and he "just followed orders."

McCain certainly doesn't appear to be a war hero by conventional standards, but rather a tough survivor whose handlers are overplaying the war hero card.

Hackworth (http://www.hackworth.com/25jan00.html)

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-01-2008, 01:54 AM
Well, I know you're a liberal, I guess it's to be expected that you'd be high fiving your ilk over making fun of POWs, it's what the pussies on the left do best.

Shit on those who fought for your freedom. Keep up the good work, NBadallah :tu

If McCain ain't qualified after fighting in Vietnam, what in the hell makes Obama qualified to make these so called national security decisions?

Typical bullshit. Obama's already giving us all a glimpse of his true self. He said he wouldn't opt out of public financing, then he opts out. He said he wouldn't sling mud or attack other candidates, now he's doing that too.

And he's going to change anything in D.C.? Please, he's showing he's nothing more than another sorry ass D.C. politician talking out of both sides of his mouth.

And please don't try and even explain this away as it being Clark saying this about McCain instead of Obama. Clark is on Obama's staff and is speaking on his behalf. If Obama comes out and denounces the attack on McCain, then I'll give him some props.

But right now he looks like a bitch. "Republicans are going to play the race card, boo hoo, I'm not going to get into that shit, but hey - McCain isn't qualified because he was a POW."

Fucking lame.

MannyIsGod
07-01-2008, 01:54 AM
After the rebuke from Obama today no way he's named VP. W/E - its all bullshit politics anyway.

MannyIsGod
07-01-2008, 02:02 AM
No one made fun of POWs btw. Nice spin though.

Clandestino
07-01-2008, 07:08 AM
by posting this piece dan is trying to trash mccain's honor... bullshit...

boutons_
07-01-2008, 07:49 AM
McFlopPanderKeating's people have gone nuts because they are running McFlopPanderKeating as war hero as qualification for President.

Clark is striking directly at that hero bullshit.

Clark is saying that McFlopPanderKeating's military experience, including getting shot down and imprisoned, none of which was executive responsibility, qualifies him for President.

It's clear that Clark said that even if HUSSEIN had been shot down, it would have not qualified HUSSEIN, either.

Clark showed no disrespect and plenty of explicit respect for McFlop's military service.

Clark's point is perfectly valid. McFlop's military service is mostly useless as preparation for being President. HUSSEIN really screwed up by disavowing Clark here.

Clark has been distorted by McFlop's people and the media running with the distortion.

Certainly the long list of serious mistakes by McFlop in his career, Keating being huge, indicates that his military service didn't really qualify him for being a politician, either.

here's a analysis of exactly what Schieffer and Clark said, in full context.

http://www.jedreport.com/2008/06/what-wesley-cla.html

johnsmith
07-01-2008, 08:27 AM
Wow, politicians being politicians.

Non-Story

Move along.

For the record, I'm hoping that this election ends in a tie, both candidates quit, and Thomas Jefferson comes back from the dead to lead the country.

Extra Stout
07-01-2008, 08:51 AM
Wow, politicians being politicians.

Non-Story

Move along.

For the record, I'm hoping that this election ends in a tie, both candidates quit, and Thomas Jefferson comes back from the dead to lead the country.
Just split up the country into 50 independent states with a trade agreement.

101A
07-01-2008, 09:08 AM
McCain has a son, a Marine; enlisted man; active duty RIGHT NOW; been in the thick of things in Afghanistan. McCain has NOT mentioned it, much less exploited it. It's a BIG deal; his own child is in harm's way, and he supports NOT pulling the troops out. Money where his mouth is, so to speak - AND not using it for political advantage.

You can all disparage him all you want; question whatever you want, but for me, that tells me all about his character I need to know.

He landed fighter planes on carriers; he go shot down and tortured - Dude is a stud.

101A
07-01-2008, 09:10 AM
P.S. - If we were HIRING for President, not electing one; McCain is on the map; Obama, with his resume, doesn't even get a job interview.

JoeChalupa
07-01-2008, 09:16 AM
McCain has all my respect for his military service. End of story.

Extra Stout
07-01-2008, 09:16 AM
If military service were a western, Clark would be Jack Palance and McCain would be Billy Crystal!

It would seem that the last thing a Democratic partisan would want to do would be to denigrate the military service of a former POW who suffered years of torture. There is really no traction there.

JoeChalupa
07-01-2008, 09:19 AM
I understand the point Clark was trying to make though.

boutons_
07-01-2008, 09:58 AM
McCain has all my respect for his military service. End of story.

Clark and HUSSEIN didn't say anything different from your position, and said they respected McFlopReformerKeating's military service, but an admiral father, medals, POW, and non-executive military experience don't qualify him for President, don't make him a war hero.

MannyIsGod
07-01-2008, 10:17 AM
It would seem that the last thing a Democratic partisan would want to do would be to denigrate the military service of a former POW who suffered years of torture. There is really no traction there.

:lol tell that to the swift boaters.

You know thats not how politics works.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-01-2008, 10:46 AM

Yeah but Obama told everyone he wants to change things in D.C. and not engage in this type of shit.

Now one of his surrogates gets called out for being a dick about McCain's military background, and he backpedals.

Well, I'll give him this, at least he's consistent. That's twice so far (backpedaling).

DarrinS
07-01-2008, 11:21 AM
Didn't "the Messiah" recently throw Clark under the bus for these comments?

"Beyond a loyalty to America’s ideals, beyond a willingness to dissent on behalf of those ideals, I also believe that patriotism must, if it is to mean anything, involve the willingness to sacrifice – to give up something we value on behalf of a larger cause. For those who have fought under the flag of this nation – for the young veterans I meet when I visit Walter Reed; for those like John McCain who have endured physical torment in service to our country – no further proof of such sacrifice is necessary. And let me also add that no one should ever devalue that service, especially for the sake of a political campaign, and that goes for supporters on both sides. We must always express our profound gratitude for the service of our men and women in uniform. Period. Full stop."

LOL

DarrinS
07-01-2008, 11:23 AM

Yeah, because what Kerry did after his service was really something to be proud of. :rolleyes

boutons_
07-01-2008, 11:24 AM
"type of shit."

"being a dick about McCain's military background"

wrong framing, but expected from the right-wing echo chamber.

It's not shit, Clark, a military man with much of his own top-level MILITARY EXECUTIVE experience, is Straight Talking and driving a stake through McFlop's fundamental "advantage" of military experience as Presidential.

Spur-Addict
07-01-2008, 11:46 AM
P.S. - If we were HIRING for President, not electing one; McCain is on the map; Obama, with his resume, doesn't even get a job interview.

They both suck, PERIOD.

Spur-Addict
07-01-2008, 11:49 AM
Furthermore, even if McCain has this this so called record, it doesn't mean he won't fuck up. Many with records have fucked up. The best candidate is gone, but damn you're gonna need a better argument then this resume thing LOL.

Extra Stout
07-01-2008, 12:46 PM

When Kerry won the Democratic nomination, my next-door neighbor, who had never voted for a Republican in his life, put two bumper stickers on his truck. One read "HANOI JOHN" and the other read "BUSH CHENEY '04."

The reason the swift boat attacks worked was because there was a pre-existing undercurrent of resentment against John Kerry among some people old enough to remember Vietnam.

What undercurrent exists against McCain is among the more extreme members of the POW/MIA movement, who probably are not found within Obama's key demographics.

ChumpDumper
07-01-2008, 01:20 PM
Dumb thing to say. There are plenty of other valid ways to attack McCain.

boutons_
07-01-2008, 01:39 PM
"Dumb thing to say"

not at all.

Perfectly valid point, about McFlop's bogus qualification for President, which has been distorted, misrepresented by the right-wing attack dogs and McFlop's handlers, and picked up by the corporate pro-McFlop MSM.

Huge mistake by HUSSEIN to disavow it. He should have countered the misrepresentation. Now he has validated the misrepresentation.

Did Viet Nam war evading qualify dubya and dickhead as Presidential? :lol

DarrinS
07-01-2008, 02:11 PM
If you want to attack McCain, why not just go after his being a global warming nutjob? Or, his not wanting to drill anywhere?

Oh...nevermind.

xrayzebra
07-01-2008, 02:15 PM
Too bad Hackworth isn't around anymore to set the McCain record straight, but lucky for us Hackworth's thoughts were pretty clear....

Jan. 25, 2000
By David Hackworth

Hackworth (http://www.hackworth.com/25jan00.html)

Gen. Clark is what Hackworth would call a "perfumed General". He got fired, by all people, Bill Clinton. Enough said.

xrayzebra
07-01-2008, 02:18 PM

No dan is doing what we all know about. The kid who sticks his hand up, shakes it violently, and says, look at me, look at me, I know the answer, I know the answer. He just wants attention. Of course most of know he doesn't know the answer, he just knows about google, news and some left wing blogs he frequents.

Nbadan
07-01-2008, 02:52 PM
Gen. Clark is what Hackworth would call a "perfumed General". He got fired, by all people, Bill Clinton. Enough said.

Say what?

Clark was then given command of A Company, 1st Battalion, 16th Infantry of the 1st Infantry Division in January 1970. In February, only one month into his command, he was shot four times by a Viet Cong soldier with an AK-47. The wounded Clark shouted orders to his men, who counterattacked and defeated the Viet Cong force. Clark had injuries to his right shoulder, right hand, right hip, and right leg, and was sent to Valley Forge Army Hospital in Phoenixville, Pennsylvania to recuperate. He was awarded the Silver Star for his actions during the encounter.

Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wesley_Clark)

Yeah, that's a real perfumed General

:rolleyes

MannyIsGod
07-01-2008, 04:26 PM
Yeah but Obama told everyone he wants to change things in D.C. and not engage in this type of shit.

Now one of his surrogates gets called out for being a dick about McCain's military background, and he backpedals.

Well, I'll give him this, at least he's consistent. That's twice so far (backpedaling).

First all all - don't spout bullshit off at me AHF. You should know better. You don't know if Clark was sent by the Obama camp to do what he did or if he said it on his own. This is not the first time he's said this. He said the same thing 2 weeks ago on the Sunday cable news shows.

Secondly, he didn't say anything bad about McCain. He just said being a POW doesn't mean you are in charge. Is he wrong? He pointed out that McCain hadn't served in a certain capacity but he NEVER said anything badly about McCain's service.

CONTEXT

MannyIsGod
07-01-2008, 04:27 PM
Yeah, because what Kerry did after his service was really something to be proud of. :rolleyes

Yeah because what Bush did during vietnam is something to be proud of.

You see, I can throw out Red Herrings too!

MannyIsGod
07-01-2008, 04:32 PM
When Kerry won the Democratic nomination, my next-door neighbor, who had never voted for a Republican in his life, put two bumper stickers on his truck. One read "HANOI JOHN" and the other read "BUSH CHENEY '04."

The reason the swift boat attacks worked was because there was a pre-existing undercurrent of resentment against John Kerry among some people old enough to remember Vietnam.

What undercurrent exists against McCain is among the more extreme members of the POW/MIA movement, who probably are not found within Obama's key demographics.

Those people aren't going to vote for Obama anyway so I'm pretty sure thats not who was being targeted by Clark's message. Just because what he said doesn't have the same target demographic as the Swiftboat ads did doesn't mean that they don't have their own demographic and won't be successful.

When Clark came out and first said these things a few weeks back I discussed them with some other people.

McCain is campaigning on experience - it is fair to point out that he has not had the type of executive experience that he's saying is his strength. Obama isn't exactly strong in this catagory either, but he's not campaigning on it. I don't believe democrats hurt themselves very much by pointing this out because its not Obama's platform and the Republicans are going to say a lot of this shit anyway but you should not just concede the front to McCain because he was a POW.

Nothing of what Clark has said has been cheap or a low blow but of course McCain's campaign is going to try to spin it that way. Thats not the important thing and that doesn't mean what was said isn't going to be effective.

ChumpDumper
07-01-2008, 04:36 PM
Nothing of what Clark has said has been cheap or a low blow but of course McCain's campaign is going to try to spin it that way.That's why I think it's dumb. All anyone has to do is take Clark's name from the quote and you have a perceived Democratic attack on the military.

George Gervin's Afro
07-01-2008, 05:08 PM
Dumb thing to say. There are plenty of other valid ways to attack McCain.

I agree.

JoeChalupa
07-01-2008, 05:13 PM
It was a valid point. Just poorly made.

McFudpucker
07-01-2008, 05:21 PM

Hackworth changed his mind about Clark in 04.

Reporting for Duty: Wesley Clark By David H. Hackworth

With Wesley Clark joining the Democratic presidential candidates, there are enough eager bodies pointed toward the White House to make up a rifle squad. This bunch of wannabes could make things increasingly hot for Dubya – as long as they don’t blow each other away with friendly fire.

Since Clark tossed his steel pot into the inferno, I've been constantly asked, “Hack, what do you think of the general?”

For the record, I never served with Clark. But after spending three hours interviewing the man for Maxim’s November issue, I’m impressed. He is insightful, he has his act together, he understands what makes national security tick – and he thinks on his feet somewhere around Mach 3. No big surprise, since he graduated first in his class from West Point, which puts him in the super-smart set with Robert E. Lee, Douglas MacArthur and Maxwell Taylor.

...Hey, I am one of those: I took a swing at Clark during the Kosovo campaign when I thought he screwed up the operation, and I called him a “Perfumed Prince.” Only years later did I discover from his book and other research that I was wrong – the blame should have been worn by British timidity and William Cohen, U.S. SecDef at the time.

DarrinS
07-01-2008, 05:35 PM
Nothing of what Clark has said has been cheap or a low blow but of course McCain's campaign is going to try to spin it that way. Thats not the important thing and that doesn't mean what was said isn't going to be effective.

McCain's camp should just blow it off. This is coming from Wesley Clark, so I doubt it's getting much traction. Also, when someone insults (or appears to insult) an American POW, they are reallly skating on thin ice. It was a smart move by Obama to quickly distance himself from this. Obama is very adept at distancing himself from things that your average American would find distasteful.

boutons_
07-01-2008, 05:40 PM
"This is coming from Wesley Clark"

There's nothing "coming from Wesley Clark" except Straight Talk about how McStupid's military service, one of the main planks in McSenile's sales pitch, is not a qualification for the Presidency.

WC has not insulted, nor appeared to insult, McFlop. The insult and outrage were totally fabricated by McKeating's people.

DarrinS
07-01-2008, 05:49 PM
"This is coming from Wesley Clark"

There's nothing "coming from Wesley Clark" except Straight Talk about how McStupid's military service, one of the main planks in McSenile's sales pitch, is not a qualification for the Presidency.

WC has not insulted, nor appeared to insultm McFlop. The insult and outrage were totally fabricated by McKeating's people.

I'm just saying that Clark doesn't have a lot of political clout, as evidenced by his recent presidential bids and his support of winners like Kerry and Shillary. I'd be willing to bet that Obama doesn't really want any of Wesley's "help".

Clandestino
07-01-2008, 06:35 PM

kerry got a little boo boo from his own doing. mccain was a pow for years... not even close.

MaNuMaNiAc
07-01-2008, 06:56 PM
just one question

Is anything of what Clark said untrue?

Don't bite my head off people, I'm honestly asking here

possessed
07-01-2008, 07:17 PM
It was a valid point. Just poorly made.

It was a bullshit point.

+1 in the respect dept. for Obama for denouncing such speech.

It's not out of the realm of possibility that that damn Dem might get my vote. :lol

possessed
07-01-2008, 08:01 PM
Hmmm... Vietnam POWs expected to respond to Wesley Clark. Stay tuned...

boutons_
07-01-2008, 08:40 PM
possessed miss the point

MannyIsGod
07-01-2008, 09:40 PM
It was a bullshit point.

+1 in the respect dept. for Obama for denouncing such speech.

It's not out of the realm of possibility that that damn Dem might get my vote. :lol

:lol

Yeah mad respect for doing what was the only political option. I choose to respect Obama for wiping his ass and breathing too.

GopherSA
07-01-2008, 09:47 PM
just one question

Is anything of what Clark said untrue?

Don't bite my head off people, I'm honestly asking here

True?

Honestly, that's not much of a relevant part of this. Clark was trying to score a cheap shot on this one - and it's one that he's going to get no points for now that people have seen it. You don't rag on a former POW for being a former POW...that's outside the lines - regardless of what party the guy belongs to.

Clark has his own issues. He really wasn't that good of an officer. Flag rank in the US military is a political appointment - generals are nominated and confirmed. Clark was a product of the time in which he served, not a product of his "stellar" ability as a commander. The guy was not a respected officer in the Army during that era (just speaking as a former Army officer who served in that era). Clark, Shinsheki and company - the senior flags at the time - really wimped down the Army (hey, black berets for everyone!).

This shouldn't reflect on Obama...as was said earlier, he's probably privately telling Clark to shut his mouth.

boutons_
07-01-2008, 09:54 PM
McPander's team is saying McSenile isn't subject to criticism because war heros are untouchable, sacred, and qualified to head the Exec, but they have no reticence in trashing Clark who is an untouchable, sacred war hero AND had years of General-rank EXECUTIVE military experience in war time.

Clark hit McFlop right in the nuts (aka politics), right on target, and his people are screaming in pain trying to control the damage.

Old Senile Sick 95% McFlopPanderKeating completely blew his major opportunity on NatSec by voting to invade Iraq. That worked out great. Here's Obama in 2002 on Iraq:

"Saddam poses no imminent and direct threat to the United States, or to his neighbors, that the Iraqi economy is in shambles, that the Iraqi military a fraction of its former strength, and that in concert with the international community he can be contained until, in the way of all petty dictators, he falls away into the dustbin of history.

I know that even a successful war against Iraq will require a U.S. occupation of undetermined length, at undetermined cost, with undetermined consequences.

I know that an invasion of Iraq without a clear rationale and without strong international support will only fan the flames of the Middle East, and encourage the worst, rather than best, impulses of the Arab world, and strengthen the recruitment arm of Al Qaeda."

Who is more qualified, has better judgement on National Security?

boutons_
07-01-2008, 09:56 PM
"You don't rag on a former POW for being a former POW"

Did you, Gopher, even watch the video? You fuckers can't read, and you can't even watch video with any comprehension.

GopherSA
07-01-2008, 10:11 PM
Why do you have to drop to that level, Boutons?

I watched the video...and I can communicate without resorting to namecalling and profanity. Can you do the same? If not, there's no point in discussing the issues with you.

I won't question your patriotism, but I will question your education and intelligence when you resort to this kind of response.

"I don't think riding in a fighter plane and getting shot down is a qualification to be president."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlFyifcTnlk

It's a weak point...especially when Clark is now supporting a candidate with no military experience and limited experience in management.

boutons_
07-01-2008, 10:25 PM
"I don't think riding in a fighter plane and getting shot down is a qualification to be president."

That's a statement of fact. And from the context, Clark could be saying that even if Obama had been in that plane, it wouldn't qualify Obama, either.

Obama's military experience has nothing to do with anything in this issue. It's Mc95% who is running on POW record.

But just tit for tat:

Clark supports a non-military candidate so he better shut up about McSenile, but McPander supports dubya and all his disasters, and dubya is a VN war evader, NO MILITARY EXPERIENCE. Should McSenile also shutup about dubya?

What exactly has McSenile "managed" as an executive? On that point alone, even General Clark's military executive experience vastly outweighs McPander's undefined executive experience.

McCain as ready to be Exec because he was shot down is purest bogus bullshit. War Hero General Clark draws major blood.

McPander's "elect me I'm a war hero" is complete fraud.

possessed
07-01-2008, 10:30 PM

Unfortunately, the only people saying this are libtard fuckwits like yourself.

possessed
07-01-2008, 10:30 PM

Yeah mad respect for doing what was the only political option. I choose to respect Obama for wiping his ass and breathing too.

Then you fall in line with average Obama supporter, don't you?

GopherSA
07-02-2008, 06:48 AM
Unfortunately, the only people saying this are libtard fuckwits like yourself.

What exactly has McSenile "managed" as an executive? On that point alone, even General Clark's military executive experience vastly outweighs McPander's undefined executive experience.

McCain as ready to be Exec because he was shot down is purest bogus bullshit. War Hero General Clark draws major blood.

Apparently it's impossible for folks to have a discussion of this kind of thing without degrading into namecalling and profanity. This speaks volumes about the challenges facing the country - the issues are not in DC...for the one of the major roots of the problems we face you need only look at how the two of you are interacting.

As for "elect me, I'm a war hero" - I don't think you're paying complete attention either, Boutons. If you think he's running exclusively on that basis... :rolleyes

boutons_
07-02-2008, 06:57 AM
Mc55%'s opines on his talents: "Yet McCain himself has joked: “It doesn’t take a lot of talent to get shot down. I was able to intercept a surface-to-air missile with my own airplane.” " http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/02/opinion/02dowd.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin "he's running exclusively on that basis" Not exclusively, but for that large part of the ignorant red electorate that votes emotions, McSenile's "elect me, I'm a war hero" coupled with "Hussein is a Muslim exotic anti-patriot", those lise are fundamental. The other McFlop plank is "I'm Repug, we own National Security. We're responsible for both 9/11 and Iraq/Afghanistan. Vote McPander". But it was HUSSEIN, in the 2002 quote above who got EVERYTHING right on Iraq, while McKeating got NatSec all wrong. ======== Fuckin forum software sucks sometimes. FF3 got lost? So I closed FF3 and pasted from two different editors, same loss of formatting. During the day, it will work again, and I won't change anything.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-02-2008, 07:12 AM

R O F FF LLL

Dude you smegmaslapped John Kerry ruthlessly in the exact same fashion about 4 years ago this night.

boutons_
07-03-2008, 09:19 PM
McCain gets ‘visibly angry’ when challenged on whether military experience prepares him to be president. (http://thinkprogress.org/2008/07/02/mccain-gets-%e2%80%98visibly-angry%e2%80%99-when-challenged-on-whether-military-experience-prepares-him-to-be-president/)»

ABC News’ David Wright reports that when he asked John McCain to “explain how his Vietnam experience prepared him for the presidency,” McCain “became visibly angry (http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/07/mccain-in-colom.html)”:
http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/mccain.gif

McCain became visibly angry when I asked him to explain how his Vietnam experience prepared him for the Presidency.

“Please,” he said, recoiling back in his seat in distaste at the very question.

McCain allies Sen. Lindsey Graham stepped in to rescue him. Graham expressed admiration for McCain’s stance on the treatment of detainees in US custody.
It’s a legitimate question.

In 2003, McCain said, “I absolutely don’t believe that it’s necessary (http://thinkprogress.org/2008/07/01/mccain-v-clark-qualifications/)” to have military service in order to be president. He also said military service alone is not a sufficient qualification to be president.

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/07/02/mccain-gets-%E2%80%98visibly-angry%E2%80%99-when-challenged-on-whether-military-experience-prepares-him-to-be-president/

========

Old Sick Senile 95% McFlopPanderKeating talks too much, and thinks too little.

Gino
07-03-2008, 09:37 PM
I would like to see Clark tell all of our current pilots, squadron commanders and Captains/Colonels that they don't know how to "guage risks, asses the enemy and be held accountable for your actions".

Shame on anyone defending this guy (Clark).

Gino
07-03-2008, 09:42 PM
McCain gets ‘visibly angry’ when challenged on whether military experience prepares him to be president. (http://thinkprogress.org/2008/07/02/mccain-gets-%e2%80%98visibly-angry%e2%80%99-when-challenged-on-whether-military-experience-prepares-him-to-be-president/)»

ABC News’ David Wright reports that when he asked John McCain to “explain how his Vietnam experience prepared him for the presidency,” McCain “became visibly angry (http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/07/mccain-in-colom.html)”:
http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/mccain.gif

McCain became visibly angry when I asked him to explain how his Vietnam experience prepared him for the Presidency.

“Please,” he said, recoiling back in his seat in distaste at the very question.

McCain allies Sen. Lindsey Graham stepped in to rescue him. Graham expressed admiration for McCain’s stance on the treatment of detainees in US custody.
It’s a legitimate question.

In 2003, McCain said, “I absolutely don’t believe that it’s necessary (http://thinkprogress.org/2008/07/01/mccain-v-clark-qualifications/)” to have military service in order to be president. He also said military service alone is not a sufficient qualification to be president.

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/07/02/mccain-gets-%E2%80%98visibly-angry%E2%80%99-when-challenged-on-whether-military-experience-prepares-him-to-be-president/

========

Old Sick Senile 95% McFlopPanderKeating talks too much, and thinks too little.

Do you SERIOUSLY believe that McCain or anyone on his team is suggesting that you have to have military service to be president?

Of course it helps. The military builds leadership traits. Thats why we've had so many former military officials become presidents.

Clark knows this, so he attempted to diminish McCain's military record which was a joke.

FUCK Clark. He's a piece of shit. I can't imagine John McCain doing that to another serviceman just because he was in a different political party.

In fact, I know he wouldn't. Just ask John Kerry.

ChumpDumper
07-03-2008, 09:50 PM

As predicted, Republicans are playing this up as an attack on military service.

boutons_
07-03-2008, 10:30 PM
"McCain or anyone on his team is suggesting that you have to have military service to be president"

yes, strongly suggesting, many times. If you've missed that msg, you're a fucktard.

McFlop even said a while back it was, I paraphrase, a weakness in HUSSEIN's resume that HUSSEIN chose not to enlist in the military (making it sound like HUSSEIN "evaded" military service), with STRONG, REPEATED implication that HUSSEIN was therefore unpatriotic and therefore unfit to be Prez, while McFlop of course was a vastly superior candidate just because of his military service.

Clark said absolutely nothing negative about McSenile's military service. The whole bullshit affair is totally fabricated, indicating that Mc95% is going completely Rove-ian negative and character assassinating (see the asshole he just put in charge of his campaign).

07-03-2008, 10:57 PM
Didn't Clark get his hand slapped over Kosovo?

Gino
07-03-2008, 11:08 PM
"McCain or anyone on his team is suggesting that you have to have military service to be president"

yes, strongly suggesting, many times. If you've missed that msg, you're a fucktard.

McFlop even said a while back it was, I paraphrase, a weakness in HUSSEIN's resume that HUSSEIN chose not to enlist in the military (making it sound like HUSSEIN "evaded" military service), with STRONG, REPEATED implication that HUSSEIN was therefore unpatriotic and therefore unfit to be Prez, while McFlop of course was a vastly superior candidate just because of his military service.

Clark said absolutely nothing negative about McSenile's military service. The whole bullshit affair is totally fabricated, indicating that Mc95% is going completely Rove-ian negative and character assassinating (see the asshole he just put in charge of his campaign).

LMAO! Yes, please find me quote of John McCain calling Obama "Hussein".

You have A LOT of anger built up. Do you know how stupid you sound for claiming that McCain is attempting Rove-ian negative and character assassinating while also calling McCain McSenile or McFlop?

"FREAKING McSenile called Obama 'HUSSEIN', that ASSHOLE!!"

Grow up, man.

Its funny to see the Obama supporters get so worked up for this. Obama is man enough to denounce Clark's comments, but you arent.

Gino
07-03-2008, 11:10 PM

As predicted, Republicans are playing this up as an attack on military service.

Im not republican. Im a former service man. I get worked up when Clark would so easily state that despite McCain's decorated military past, he doesn't know how to "guage risk, assess the enemy or be held accountable for his actions".

Give me a break. Clark has become a joke.

boutons_
07-03-2008, 11:23 PM
GENERAL Clark has major EXECUTIVE military experience, so if criticism of CAPTAIN McSenile is out of bounds just because he is vet (he's certainly not a hero), then criticism of Clark is equally out of bounds on the very same grounds.

Gino
07-03-2008, 11:38 PM
GENERAL Clark has major EXECUTIVE military experience, so if criticism of CAPTAIN McSenile is out of bounds just because he is vet (he's certainly not a hero), then criticism of Clark is equally out of bounds on the very same grounds.

Nice try. No one is questioning Clark's military record. We're pissed off that he would so easily diminish McCain's decorated past because of party affiliation.

btw - I know he was a General. Thats what makes his comments even more pathetic.

If Clark was republican, you think he would any of this crap about McCain?

And McCain IS a national hero. Im sure you believe any and all conspiracies claiming that McCain isn't what he appears to be or is really a jerk etc., but you choose to believe this simply because he is a republican. You have no class...basically, youre just a partisan piece of shit, same as Clark.

Nbadan
07-04-2008, 01:20 AM
I'm not sure how crashing 4 planes and 'some say' cooperating with the enemy makes a man a foreign policy expert....

JoeChalupa
07-04-2008, 01:30 AM
McCain himself has said that military service does not qualify one for President. No big deal.