Bruno
07-01-2008, 05:02 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_yakhouba_diawara.jpg

Yakhouba Diawara | G-F
Born: Aug 29, 1982
Height: 6-7 / 2,01
Weight: 225 lbs. / 102,1 kg.
College: Pepperdine

info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/yakhouba_diawara/index.html)

Bruno
07-01-2008, 05:02 AM
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/jul/01/nuggets-have-little-money-to-spend-but-plenty-of/

Monday's deadline passed with the Nuggets making no announcement on picking up the $972,581 qualifying offer of guard Yakhouba Diawara, which would make him an unrestricted free agent instead of restricted.

"I guess there's no tender," Diawara's agent, Buona Ndiaye said Monday night.

Diawara said he hadn't spoken to any Nuggets official for a month and had no idea whether the team still has interest in him.

Nuggets executive Mark Warkentien declined comment.

Diawara said his former Pepperdine coach, Paul Westphal, is close to becoming a Chicago assistant and he would have interest in signing there. Other teams expected to look at Diawara are Dallas, Miami and San Antonio.

timvp
07-01-2008, 05:06 AM
I like his size and effort defensively but that's about it. With no D-League eligibility, that'd probably hurt his chances of latching on anywhere.

Not sure how he'd make sense for the Spurs, unless they just want a clean canvass for Bowen to teach the tricks of the trade.

ChumpDumper
07-01-2008, 05:07 AM
Maybe there is indeed luxury tax trouble in Denver.

Bruno
07-01-2008, 05:11 AM
I remember in a French article where he said that his model player was Bruce Bowen. He isn't really talented but he is a hard worker, a good athlete and has the right mindset.

Is he staying in the NBA?

I guess it's his wish. It will also depend on what offers he receive.
If a team throw guaranteed money to him, he should stay.

TDMVPDPOY
07-01-2008, 05:12 AM
his pretty good on nbalive....

montgod
07-01-2008, 05:13 AM
Who?

Moving on...

SPURSGOAT
07-01-2008, 09:14 AM
Diawara Interested in CHI, DAL, MIA, and SA

Other teams expected to look at Diawara are Dallas, Miami and San Antonio.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/jul/01/nuggets-have-little-money-to-spend-but-plenty-of/

Wouldn't mind the Spurs getting him... could be a decent swing-man and would be fairly cheap...

SenorSpur
07-01-2008, 09:18 AM
Gosh, there are more defensive-minded players in the league than I thought. And to think, the Spurs still have yet to identify the "next" Bowen understudy.

polandprzem
07-01-2008, 09:34 AM
his pretty good on nbalive....

I made james White a star ...

:D

Big P
07-01-2008, 09:34 AM
For the minimum

Marcus Bryant
07-01-2008, 10:41 AM
I wonder how the Spurs see him fitting in on the roster, especially if he can't be assigned to the Toros.

NuGGeTs-FaN
07-01-2008, 10:44 AM
Diawara would be a steal. GK once again screws up a player's confidence. I'm pretty sure the Nuggets had a great record when Diawara was starting, although it was a small sample size.

Diawara will make some team very happy

Bruno
07-01-2008, 11:37 AM
The main edge of Diawara is that he is cheap.
Diawara for the min > Pietrus for $3-4M.

Right now, it doesn't look like PSurs have a roster spot for him but thigns can change fast. If Hairston/Gist sucks in summer league and/or if Udoka is a traded, he could become an interesting option.

Marcus Bryant
07-02-2008, 11:33 PM
Diawara said he hasn't heard from the Nuggets in a month and doesn't know if they have any interest in keeping him. Agent Buono Ndiaye said Dallas, San Antonio, Miami and Memphis have called about Diawara, who confirmed he will play for France this summer in European Championship qualifying games.

source (http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/jul/01/point-guard-once-again-the-focus-of-free-agency/)

JPB
07-03-2008, 07:39 AM
Diawara would be a steal. GK once again screws up a player's confidence. I'm pretty sure the Nuggets had a great record when Diawara was starting, although it was a small sample size.

Diawara will make some team very happy

I agree.

For the minimum, that's definitely a steal.

Yak can play 2,3 or even 4 in SB and is a strong hustler.
If well coached and with confidence, he can bring interesting things to the table.

SPURSGOAT
07-07-2008, 12:20 PM
From ESPN:
Diawara Probably Won't Return
Yakhouba Diawara | Nuggets
Buona Ndiaye, agent for Nuggets free-agent guard Yakhouba Diawara, said Sunday he has heard nothing from Denver since free agency began Tuesday and doesn't expect his client to return.
"I have had no contact with Denver," said Ndiaye, saying Dallas, Memphis, Miami and San Antonio have interest and he is "100 percent" confident his client will get a deal for more than the minimum. "Yakhouba probably will not be back." -- Rocky Mountain News (http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/jul/06/anthony-carter-likely-accept-nuggets-offer/)

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-07-2008, 12:22 PM
If we get him for the LLE that would suck. We need Barry or another capable scorer with the LLE.

JPB
07-07-2008, 03:56 PM
If we get Magette or JR Smith and both Fin and Brent are gone, Diawara could be interesting for the minimum or even a bit more.

Spurtacus
07-10-2008, 12:19 AM
We effectively have two LLE's right now. Sign Barry and Diawara?

spurman20
07-10-2008, 12:27 AM
This guy has the offensive skills of hellen keller........shouldnt even be in the NBA...that said we will prob sign him

wisnub
07-10-2008, 12:27 AM
If we could get Barry and DIawara that would be awesome. We need Barry in playoffs and we also need young energy who can sparks the bench when our starters rests. We need hungry people...hungry for championship...thats what i see in Celtics last season. That team full with angry and hungry people who dive the ball to the last seconds. I dissapointed that Pop waive white flags couples of times when games still in 3rd quarters or early 4th. Hopefully this year Mason, Mahinmi and matured Udoka will rock the bench...oh yeah and hopefully Diawara and Barry join the party too

Spurtacus
07-10-2008, 12:28 AM
This guy has the offensive skills of hellen keller........shouldnt even be in the NBA...that said we will prob sign him

He can work on his shot ala Bowen.

spurman20
07-10-2008, 12:29 AM
He can work on his shot ala Bowen.

true but do we really need another wing who cant score? :nope

Spurtacus
07-10-2008, 12:33 AM

Bowen's up there in age. Diawara can ride the bench and learn the system and maybe succeed Bowen in a couple of years. He has good size, good work ethic, and defensively minded.

Obstructed_View
07-10-2008, 12:39 AM

If for no other reason than to replace the current one who's getting old.

spurman20
07-10-2008, 12:39 AM
Diawara Interested in CHI, DAL, MIA, and SA

Other teams expected to look at Diawara are Dallas, Miami and San Antonio.

Wouldn't mind the Spurs getting him... could be a decent swing-man and would be fairly cheap...

A candy bar is cheap too but I dont want one on my roster.......this guy is very raw....we are tryn to win now so I dont see him helping much.....

Spurs da champs
07-10-2008, 01:17 AM
What the hell has he done,besides suck?

Sissiborgo
07-10-2008, 05:34 AM
I would not like to get him!:(

Marcus Bryant
07-11-2008, 12:59 AM
Could see him available for the rest of the MLE or the LLE. I guess the Spurs will pursue a more polished swingman at this point.

SPURSGOAT
07-11-2008, 01:01 AM
I would be cool with Diawara or Barnes... I guess whoever at this point as long as it is not Finley...

Spurs Brazil
08-07-2008, 05:25 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Miami Heat announced today that they have signed free agent guard/forward Yakhouba Diawara. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed. Diawara spent the previous two seasons playing for the Denver Nuggets. During the 2007-08 season, he played in 54 games (14 starts), averaging 2.8 points and 1.1 rebounds in 10.0 minutes per game, while shooting 41.0 percent from the field. In his first season in the NBA, he played in 64 games (19 starts) and averaged 4.4 points and 1.7 rebounds in 18.4 minutes per game.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53920/20080807/miami_signs_diawara/

xtremesteven33
08-07-2008, 05:31 PM
i guess they gave up on the PARgo

tav1
08-07-2008, 05:36 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Miami Heat announced today that they have signed free agent guard/forward Yakhouba Diawara. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed. Diawara spent the previous two seasons playing for the Denver Nuggets. During the 2007-08 season, he played in 54 games (14 starts), averaging 2.8 points and 1.1 rebounds in 10.0 minutes per game, while shooting 41.0 percent from the field. In his first season in the NBA, he played in 64 games (19 starts) and averaged 4.4 points and 1.7 rebounds in 18.4 minutes per game.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53920/20080807/miami_signs_diawara/

Happy thoughts. :danceclub

Diawara is not a terrible player, but at this point he wasn't going to help the Spurs roster. Underwhelming to say the least.

Give me Pargo, warts and all, and a trade. Speaking of trades, Wright is a certain ex-Miami Heat SF at this point. Vaughn and Bonner for Wright. :tu

Bruno
08-07-2008, 05:42 PM
Miami is a quite good choice for Diawara.
His goal is to be the next Bruce Bowen, he will now have the same coach than the one who develop Bruce.

With a new contract, Diawara could join French NT. French NT results this summer will have an impact on its future and on the number of games Parker will have to play with it.

tav1
08-07-2008, 06:16 PM
Miami is a quite good choice for Diawara.
His goal is to be the next Bruce Bowen, he will now have the same coach than the one who develop Bruce.

With a new contract, Diawara could join French NT. French NT results this summer will have an impact on its future and on the number of games Parker will have to play with it.

Bruno, would you agree that Wright is a goner in Miami? Lay aside my silly trade suggestion.

Bruno
08-07-2008, 06:28 PM
Bruno, would you agree that Wright is a goner in Miami?

Miami has for sure a logjam at SF with Marion, James Jones, Dorell Wright and now Diawara.
You can realistically expect a trade with Marion or Wright for a PG and/or a center.

tav1
08-07-2008, 06:32 PM
Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll simply renounce his rights. Riley's too cheap for that, though. He'll want something.