Supergirl
07-01-2008, 08:44 AM
Under contract and widely agreed to be around next year:
Duncan, Parker, Manu, Oberto, Udoka, Bowen

Likely FAs or trade fodder:
Horry, Barry, Stoudemire, Thomas, Bonner, Finley, Vaughn

Incoming:
Mahinmi, Hill, Gist, Hairston

Of these last two lists, which one do you think is LEAST likely to be a Spur next year?

SenorSpur
07-01-2008, 09:09 AM
If Pop and RC are both smart, and I believe they are, Horry, Finley and Stoudamire will certainly be gone.

Mr. Body
07-01-2008, 09:13 AM
Stoudamire, clearly.

Horry and Finley I think will be back.

SenorSpur
07-01-2008, 09:21 AM
Stoudamire, clearly.

Horry and Finley I think will be back.

Good God!

Just say no, Pop!

Put down the AARP card and slowly walk away!

SPURSGOAT
07-01-2008, 09:22 AM
This doesn't even need a poll... it will be Stoud.... easily...

Supergirl
07-01-2008, 09:33 AM
This doesn't even need a poll... it will be Stoud.... easily...

I agree...
So maybe the harder question is who do you think is the next most likely Spur to be gone. I'm going with Finley. I think he can command more money than the Spurs will think he's worth, so I think he'll wind up elsewhere for the MLE. Horry will sign for the vet min. Thomas will sign. And all three draft picks will likely remain Spurs, though I predict only one of them (Hill or Gist) will play this year.

Mr. Body
07-01-2008, 09:39 AM
Good God!

Just say no, Pop!

Put down the AARP card and slowly walk away!

There are so few options. Pop's already played the "we weren't old, just injured" card. Every time he's said that he's been perfectly honest about it. So I expect the same team as last year with a couple rookies and Mahinmi with more playing time.

Fabbs
07-01-2008, 10:15 AM
Stoud has fulfilled Popped and the FOs S.O.P. of acquiring a backup point, using up funds, time etc learning the system only to be discarded so they can start all over again with another.

Speedy (well he left on his own, dummy)
Beno
NVE
JVaughn
Barry. Now that he has finally been given the chance and proved he can rock at backup pg, its time to Pop him along also. :toast

rascal
07-01-2008, 11:36 AM
There are so few options. Pop's already played the "we weren't old, just injured" card. Every time he's said that he's been perfectly honest about it. So I expect the same team as last year with a couple rookies and Mahinmi with more playing time.

Then forget about any chance for a title next year.

SenorSpur
07-01-2008, 12:08 PM

If he really believes that, he's only partially correct and half-way deluded. Every GM seems to overvalue the talent (or lack thereof) on their respective team.

If he believes they weren't old, then he wasn't watching the decrepit performances of Finley and Horry. In fact, he was so fond of Stoudamire that he couldn't find minutes for him.

I swear, this guy hates the media and would never give into the fact that some media (and fans) were right about the state of some of his key contributors.

Avitus1
07-01-2008, 01:08 PM
If Damon saw this post his heart would be broken.

fyatuk
07-01-2008, 01:14 PM
It's pretty much guaranteed that Damon is out of here, especially with the drafting of Hill.

But I seriously hope that Horry is gone as well. He's done and needs to ride off into the sunset.

A milder hope is that Finley is gone as well, but I expect he'll be back on a 2 year deal.

urunobili
07-01-2008, 01:19 PM
dunwanna c Bonner on a Spurs uniform again

mrspurs
07-01-2008, 08:29 PM
in a dreamers world......id get rid of each one of these guys...not one of them is gonna give a chance at another ring....only those guys will do is make sure we dont get one

exstatic
07-01-2008, 08:35 PM
Damon, by a doobie...a BIG doobie.