PDA

View Full Version : RFA: Carl Landry

MoSpur
07-01-2008, 12:37 PM
Does he stay with Houston or will someone offer more than what Houston can offer?

Marcus Bryant
07-01-2008, 12:38 PM
Does he stay with Houston or will someone offer more than what Houston can offer?

Spurs oughta fuck with the Rockets, just for the hell of it.

MoSpur
07-01-2008, 12:39 PM
That's what I'm saying. They should have called him while Houston was on the phone with Barry.

picnroll
07-01-2008, 12:46 PM
If I was Landry I'd be pissed that the Rockets are putting out in public questions about my knee, lowering value and offers.

kobyz
07-01-2008, 12:47 PM
we need to offer Landry the MLE, if the rockets won't match we have got a good player, if the rockets will match we just FUKE the rockets and they will need to pay more than they want to

Spur-Addict
07-01-2008, 12:47 PM
If I was Landry I'd be pissed that the Rockets are putting out in public questions about my knee, lowering value and offers.

Exactly, i'd fuck em if I was him. :lol

Marcus Bryant
07-01-2008, 12:53 PM

Stat Geek seems to have it out for everybody, except for aging Spurs role players and draft picks.

Marcus Bryant
07-01-2008, 12:54 PM
Exactly, i'd fuck em if I was him. :lol

Stat Geek is counting on Dorsey stepping right in next season.

picnroll
07-01-2008, 12:56 PM
Stat Geek seems to have it out for everybody, except for aging Spurs role players and draft picks.

Landry should agree to tests for a team signing him but refuse to share those test results with the Rockets. Fuckem

MoSpur
07-01-2008, 12:57 PM
What is Houston's payroll situation like?

Spur-Addict
07-01-2008, 12:57 PM
Stat Geek is counting on Dorsey stepping right in next season.

:lmao...As funny as that is, i'd still be mad if my team released info about my health if I may be up for bigger money. If they are self interested b/c of my worth then hey, why not pursue my perceived self worth?

coopdogg3
07-01-2008, 12:59 PM
Andre Brown from Memphis is another FA Power Forward. Could be a cheap big man if there Spurs were interested.

bigdog
07-01-2008, 02:54 PM
I hope they call Landry just to piss off the Rockets.

Sigz
07-01-2008, 02:57 PM
Carl Landry = Malik Rose

Obstructed_View
07-01-2008, 03:05 PM
Good Malik Rose or bad Malik Rose?

Sigz
07-01-2008, 03:07 PM
Good Malik Rose or bad Malik Rose?

Hustle Malik Rose. ;)

T Park
07-01-2008, 03:30 PM
Carl Landry = Malik Rose

Yeah the good before he got fat Malik Rose 2003 esque too.

tav1
07-01-2008, 04:11 PM
Spurs oughta fuck with the Rockets, just for the hell of it.

:lol:lmao:lmao:rollin

tav1
07-01-2008, 04:13 PM
Except that Landry would completely invalidate any hope for James Gist.

tav1
07-01-2008, 04:37 PM
You know, I'm taking this thread mainly as a joke, but if we strike out with a full MLE player and end up splitting the MLE on a second or third wing option, maybe we could get Landry. Maybe low ball Tony Allen for 2 million and get Carl Landry near 4...assuming he stonewalls on his knees.

wildbill2u
07-01-2008, 04:57 PM

Although he didn't play as well after return from surgery, he says he's ok

The rockets have asked for an exam and dr's report. However, you're right that the expressed concern about his knee is sure to make other teams pause before offering the moon.

T Park
07-01-2008, 04:59 PM
Except that Landry would completely invalidate any hope for James Gist.

Not necessarily.

One is a power forward, the other is a small forward.

tav1
07-01-2008, 05:15 PM
Not necessarily.

One is a power forward, the other is a small forward.

Similar games, but they're both in between positions, imo.

The Franchise
07-01-2008, 05:26 PM
If he asks for more than 2 mill a year you can have him. I like Carls hustle but he is overrated. I think we can get the same production out of Dorsey if push came to shove. Give him a pay raise but nothing silly until you know he can stay healthy and produce. He has already had surgery on the same knee twice, so fuck potential show me what you got.

waly.mg
07-01-2008, 05:46 PM
They want Brry, and Horry want to be a Rocket again, so ...........

Sing and trade

Horry and Barry for Landry

Indazone
07-01-2008, 06:06 PM
Although he didn't play as well after return from surgery, he says he's ok

The rockets have asked for an exam and dr's report. However, you're right that the expressed concern about his knee is sure to make other teams pause before offering the moon.

Morey asked him to have exploratory arthroscopic surgery. Landry says he's fine. If I were Landry I would be really pissed off at Morey now. Nobody would be cutting into me just to poke around. Screw em.

picnroll
07-01-2008, 10:57 PM
As expected.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl...kn/5866699.html

July 1, 2008, 7:28PM
Landry's agent questions Rockets' request for forward

By JONATHAN FEIGEN
Copyright 2008 Houston Chronicle
With the Rockets seeking additional medical tests before extending a contract offer to restricted free agent Carl Landry, Landry’s agent shot back that the request was designed to frighten off other suitors and said the tactic has backfired.

Buddy Baker said Tuesday that Landry has no health issues and that Dr. James Andrews declared Landry’s right knee to be completely sound.

Rockets general manager Daryl Morey said on Monday that the team would need more detailed information than available with imaging tests before it could make an offer to Landry, though it still expected to keep Landry.

Such tests typically provide information related to a players’ long-term prognosis, rather than immediate ability to play.

Baker, however, said Landry is generating interest around the league. The Rockets can match any offer Landry receives, as long as it fits within their salary cap limitations or exceptions. If he receives and accepts an offer, the Rockets would have to choose whether to match it without the further examination, unless Landry reverses his position and undergoes more testing.

“Obviously, I view it as a move in his part to undercut his value and dissuade the interest he has garnered,” Baker said. “The reverse has happened. Teams have taken the position that he will not match offers. That has opened the floodgates. They are operating as if he (Landry) was an unrestricted free agent.”

Baker would not identify the teams that have expressed interest in Landry or whether Landry has any preferences. After the season, Landry said he hoped to return to the Rockets. Baker, however, said Landry is working out with no difficulties.

“Carl feels great,” Baker said. “He was completely cleared by the nationally and internationally renowned physical, James Andrews in Birmingham. Carl keeps himself in good shape and there is a lot of interest in him. There are no concerns. Carl missed a few games and came back and played with no difficulties.

“It is curious that he (Morey) would make this statement on the eve of free agency.”

Morey, however, said there was nothing new about his requests.

“We have discussed this with Buddy and Carl since the end of the season,” Morey said. “We discussed the importance of getting more information. We plan to match any offer and expect any team that is planning to give him an offer to request the same information.”

The Rockets began free agency negotiations with a call to Spurs guard Brent Barry, but indicated interest in Landry by offering Barry the lower level exception, leaving whatever portion of the mid-level that might be needed to match an offer Landry might accept.

The Rockets on Tuesday named their summer league team, led by Aaron Brooks, who was named the top rookie of last season’s summer league, this season’s draft choices, Donte’ Greene, Joey Dorsey and Maarty Leunen, and returning veterans Mike Harris and Loren Woods.

Former University of Houston point guard Lanny Smith and former Texas A&M center Joe Jones are also part of the team.

The Rockets’ summer league team also includes former Kansas guard Russell Robinson, former UCLA forward Dijon Thompson, former Temple guard Mark Tyndale, and guard Gustavo Barrera of Uruguay.

angelbelow
07-02-2008, 03:19 AM
sly move by morey, hope it fails because its unethical.

MoSpur
07-10-2008, 08:57 AM
Can the Spurs still get this guy?

benefactor
07-10-2008, 09:15 AM
Still got a couple mil left of that MLE...don't know if the Rockets will want to match that much, especially still having Chuck Hayes and Scola. I say give it a shot.

nil.ball
07-10-2008, 09:17 AM
Still got a couple mil left of that MLE...don't know if the Rockets will want to match that much, especially still having Chuck Hayes and Scola. I say give it a shot.

I honestly Rockets will match anything below $7mil.

$8-$10 might be a little stretch.

benefactor
07-10-2008, 09:28 AM
I honestly Rockets will match anything below $7mil.

$8-$10 might be a little stretch.
How is that? They are sitting at 68mil on their payroll already.

nil.ball
07-10-2008, 09:34 AM
How is that? They are sitting at 68mil on their payroll already.

and your point?
our owner doesn't mind paying $$$

:lol poor spurs fans..

benefactor
07-10-2008, 09:39 AM
and your point?

The point is it would be stupid. If you have 2 players that are basically exactly like him you are not going to pay him 7 million.

And from where I am sitting, paying $$$ has exactly equaled :lobt:.

SenorSpur
07-10-2008, 09:40 AM
Can the Spurs still get this guy?

I doubt it. Landry has strong interest from other teams. I don't believe the Spurs will be able to match or outbid other suitors.

MoSpur
07-10-2008, 09:43 AM
Is there any interest in Landry from the Spurs?

benefactor
07-10-2008, 09:47 AM
Is there any interest in Landry from the Spurs?
Nothing reported...but I have hoped we would go after him after the Rockets only offered him around 700k initially. He is exactly the type of bench player we need on the front line. But in the spirit of the season, some team will probably overpay him and lure him away.

nil.ball
07-10-2008, 09:58 AM
The point is it would be stupid. If you have 2 players that are basically exactly like him you are not going to pay him 7 million.

And from where I am sitting, paying $$$ has exactly equaled :lobt:.

LOL you have no idea. Landry, when healthy, is possibly our best big man other than Yao.

MoSpur
07-10-2008, 09:59 AM
This is from the Houston Chronicle blog section from 7/8/08

Nothing new on Landry, either, but that they are being so determined to save their mid-level to match an offer he might get indicates the Rockets do expect him back. His development might be the key to whether this is a successful off-season.

Until all that plays out, the Rockets' big news in the next few days might not be so big. But if Barry signs on, they will consider it to be good news - and a one-week wait won't seem too long to find out.

MoSpur
07-10-2008, 02:55 PM
Supposedly there is interest from the Pacers.

There are strong indications the Pacers have interest in Carl Landry.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53513/20080710/pacers_interested_in_landry/

SpursChampsIII
07-10-2008, 03:06 PM
and your point?

Houston Rockets :lmao:lmao:lmao

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-10-2008, 03:32 PM
and your point?

So then 8-10 wouldn't be a stretch. Damn, stick to a logical point.