PDA

View Full Version : Lakers - Spurs

Rummpd
02-02-2005, 01:26 AM
Can you believe that this upcoming game not dominating forum?

LA will have new coach per reports and be without Kobe.

Rasho probably back per earlier news.

Lakers will play hard and keep it close for awhile but:

Spurs 101
Lakers 88 (final score not reflective of 2nd half dominance)

MadDoc

LakerGod
02-02-2005, 05:27 AM
LOL

Cocky?

This game will look more like the Utah-spurs or the Blazers-spurs....

Sorry but the Lakers will win despite not having Kobe or a head coach.

slayermin
02-02-2005, 05:41 AM
LakerFraud is in the house.

No way in hell you are getting your first three game win streak against us. Buss and Kupchak made their bed.

how do you say? Menage et tois, Monsieor Kobe?

Gummi
02-02-2005, 08:04 AM
Lakers vs Spurs will always be an interesting game in my mind. I just love to beat that team even if Shaq's not playing for them.

Solid D
02-02-2005, 10:10 AM
I wouldn't take them lightly. Any team at home is dangerous. Atkins is playing like a top NBA PG and Butler and Odom are really playing at a high level.

In a recent game against the T-Wolves, the TV crew had a mic on official Ronnie Garretson and he went over to Chucky Atkins at a timeout and said something like.."I didn't know you were that good".

Jimcs50
02-02-2005, 10:32 AM
Spurs 112

Lakers 87

BigVee
02-02-2005, 10:33 AM
I agree, they are a wounded animal right now and the Spurs are probably feeling pretty good about themselves after the Seattle game. A bad combination.

Jimcs50
02-02-2005, 10:36 AM
I agree, they are a wounded animal right now and the Spurs are probably feeling pretty good about themselves after the Seattle game. A bad combination.

This is the most sure that I have even been of a Spurs' victory. If I had to wager my life on one Spurs game, this would be it. The Spurs will take care of business and stomp the ever lovin crap out of the Lakers in front of their fans. They will make them pay for that 0.4 sec shot for the next 6 yrs.

BigVee
02-02-2005, 10:38 AM
I hope you are right, JIMcs50, nothing would make me happier.

samikeyp
02-02-2005, 10:39 AM
Actually, I hope LakerGod is right.

Nov. 27-Spurs 109 Utah 76

December 30-Spurs 114 Blazers 80

office handle
man that game's tommorrow rummpdicker. worry about it then.

Slo spurs fan
Remember Rasho is BACK!

Spurs 109
Lakers 76
:smokin

Rummpd
02-02-2005, 11:29 AM
Rasho rules!

Medvedenko
02-02-2005, 11:46 AM
It should be an interesting game...however the spurs should win easily...we're wounded right now...yes, stranger things have happened...but I don't think we'll get our 3 wins in a row.....I have a little hope, but barring any severe breakdown, it should be W by the *'s.

smeagol
02-02-2005, 11:57 AM
it should be W by the *'s.
????????

johnny00
02-02-2005, 11:59 AM
LOL

Cocky?

This game will look more like the Utah-spurs or the Blazers-spurs....

Oh man, I'm saving this quote.

samikeyp
02-02-2005, 12:04 PM
Its ok smeagol. That is just a reference to a comment that Phil Jackson made in 2000. He thought that the Spurs title in 1999 should have come with an asterisk because of the shortened season. He ignored the fact that everyone had to play the same number of games and that the playoffs were the normal length of any other year. He also fails to acknowledge that if his team had won...none of that would have been said. You will still get the occasional laker sheep to bleat the Jacksonian philosophy but for the most part the kool-aid seems to have worn off. Although I am a little surprised at Med dropping it. His takes have been pretty good and I figured he was smarter than that.

shaq_h8ter
02-02-2005, 12:10 PM
Can you believe that this upcoming game not dominating forum?

LA will have new coach per reports and be without Kobe.

Rasho probably back per earlier news.

Lakers will play hard and keep it close for awhile but:

Spurs 101
Lakers 88 (final score not reflective of 2nd half dominance)

MadDoc

My question is who will be put back on the IL, Malik or Sean Marks?

samikeyp
02-02-2005, 12:11 PM
If it comes down to those two...I think Marks goes back on, just my opinion though.

smeagol
02-02-2005, 12:27 PM
Its ok smeagol. That is just a reference to a comment that Phil Jackson made in 2000. He thought that the Spurs title in 1999 should have come with an asterisk because of the shortened season. He ignored the fact that everyone had to play the same number of games and that the playoffs were the normal length of any other year. He also fails to acknowledge that if his team had won...none of that would have been said. You will still get the occasional laker sheep to bleat the Jacksonian philosophy but for the most part the kool-aid seems to have worn off. Although I am a little surprised at Med dropping it. His takes have been pretty good and I figured he was smarter than that.
Thanks for the explanation, Mikey. Although I knew why some stupid Laker fans used the " * ", I was not aware of the details.

I'm also surprised that Slava is using it.

office handle
02-02-2005, 12:29 PM
My question is who will be put back on the IL, Malik or Sean Marks?

well, it must be malik because everyone suddenly decided that he sucks. yet when a brent barry is struggling well lets just give him more time.

Solid D
02-02-2005, 12:40 PM
I would think Sean Marks goes back on IR.

I don't think the Spurs will trade Malik but if they were trying to trade him, do you really think they'd be putting him on the IR in favor of Sean Marks?

Rummpd
02-02-2005, 12:41 PM
I now officially truly hate the Lakers (formerly just despised them) , Rudy has not even stepped down and a trio over there including Kobe discussing bringing back Jackson and sending him e-mails. Insanity rules. Most organizations would take a breath, look inside and consider several options. Classless.

MadDoc

Jimcs50
02-02-2005, 12:48 PM
The Kiwi will go back on IR.

But my question is, why not leave Rasho off a few more games and rest up?
They do not need him now because of the easy schedule.

office handle
02-02-2005, 12:50 PM
I now officially truly hate the Lakers (formerly just despised them) , Rudy has not even stepped down and a trio over there including Kobe discussing bringing back Jackson and sending him e-mails. Insanity rules. Most organizations would take a breath, look inside and consider several options. Classless.

MadDoc

whats the matter? all they did was fire him. its not like before when they broke his nose and ended his playing career.

Ballcox
02-02-2005, 01:32 PM
I have despised the Lakers in the past, and I continue to hate them more and more every day! Spurs are coming off a few days rest, we'll be ready to go.

Spurs- 93
Lakers- 78

:fro

LakerGod
02-02-2005, 01:44 PM
Wow I like this cockiness!

It's not a good thing trying to black out recent meltdowns (Blazers game, Utah game Houston game) I thought you've already learned your lesson but I see you haven't...

I love it!

Kaster
02-02-2005, 01:47 PM
Wow I like this cockiness!

It's not a good thing trying to black out recent meltdowns (Blazers game, Utah game Houston game) I thought you've already learned your lesson but I see you haven't...

I love it!

What's up kid, why'd you bail on our other thread? Is punking out now standard practice in grade schools these days?

samikeyp
02-02-2005, 01:47 PM
You still think your team has a chance this season...why can't we be just as cocky? :)

Experiment2100
02-02-2005, 01:51 PM
What's up kid, why'd you bail on our other thread? Is punking out now standard practice in grade schools these days?

LG don't know what it's like in grade school these days, you have to pass kindergarden to get to grade school.

LakerGod
02-02-2005, 01:52 PM
You still think your team has a chance this season...why can't we be just as cocky? :)
Anything is possible!

LakerGod
02-02-2005, 01:55 PM
hey retard, I would rather ignore you, you traitor, closet sp*r fan.

Solid D
02-02-2005, 01:56 PM
At this point, the Spurs fans in this forum have own3rship.

Do I need to remind you what constitutes own3rship, LG?

Hint: Total beatdown or domination.

LakerGod
02-02-2005, 02:02 PM
At this point, the Spurs fans in this forum have own3rship.

Do I need to remind you what constitutes own3rship, LG?

Hint: Total beatdown or domination.
Huh? who owns who?

Talking about ownership!

You always get bitchslapped that my posts have to be censored or deleted.

Can't take the heat?

Solid D
02-02-2005, 02:04 PM
It's not that the Lakers are own3d. YOU have been own3d. It is what it is...so deal.

Kaster
02-02-2005, 02:04 PM
hey retard, I would rather ignore you, you traitor, closet sp*r fan.

If you can't take it up the ass, don't ask for an anal beating.

GoSpurs21
02-02-2005, 02:05 PM
considering the Spurs are perfect 5-0 after 2 days rest this season I would wager that the Spurs will win. As for laker fans living in denial, keep on dreaming boys.

LakerGod
02-02-2005, 02:06 PM
It's not that the Lakers are own3d. YOU have been own3d. It is what it is...so deal.Getting bitchslapped in your forum day after day doesn't exactly means ownership.

Medvedenko
02-02-2005, 02:13 PM
My * comment was not in just....
A spur is like a star....is it not...I was just lazy and didn't want to type Spur's, so I did *'s....everyone just chill...thanks for the support.

GoSpurs21
02-02-2005, 02:14 PM
A spur is like a star....is it not...I was just lazy and didn't want to type Spur's, so I did *'s....everyone just chill...thanks for the support.how lazy and childish....laker fans just like laker players

LakerGod
02-02-2005, 02:16 PM
A spur is like a star....is it not...I was just lazy and didn't want to type Spur's, so I did *'s....everyone just chill...thanks for the support.It's nothing wrong with the asterisk remark, everyone knows the Sp*rs won the asterisk championship in 1999

Medvedenko
02-02-2005, 02:17 PM
Lazy maybe...childish....well that's to be determined.

GoSpurs21
02-02-2005, 02:23 PM
Lazy maybe...childish....well that's to be determined.

It's nothing wrong with the asterisk remark, everyone knows the Sp*rs won the asterisk championship in 1999
I'll let the facts speak for themselves....next

Kaster
02-02-2005, 02:35 PM
Come on LakerKiddy, don't punk out on another thread. Do you or do you not take it up the ass?

samikeyp
02-02-2005, 02:46 PM
It's nothing wrong with the asterisk remark, everyone knows the Sp*rs won the asterisk championship in 1999

Except for the fact that it is inaccurate. I guess that whole "truth" thing doesn't matter! :)

Everyone knows something that doesn't exist? that is out there, even for you Wolves009..errr...LakerGod.

smeagol
02-02-2005, 02:46 PM
Getting bitchslapped in your forum day after day doesn't exactly means ownership.
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

You are so stupid you can't even realize you are getting owned.

samikeyp
02-02-2005, 02:51 PM
He knows it....I think he just likes it! :lol

picnroll
02-02-2005, 02:56 PM
We need a smack off between LakerGoof and puppy009 for who is going to get that number 8 seed in the West and who's lottery bait.

samikeyp
02-02-2005, 03:31 PM
We can't....they are the same person. :p

RoyerReptiles
02-02-2005, 05:09 PM
Its ok smeagol. That is just a reference to a comment that Phil Jackson made in 2000. He thought that the Spurs title in 1999 should have come with an asterisk because of the shortened season.

Actually..... Phil Jackson was not referring to the fact that it was an asterisk due to the shortened season. It didn't even matter that the season was shortened. This is a common misconception by most Spurs fans as well as Laker fans. He was referring to the fact that whoever won in 99 did so without going through his 1998 champion Chicago Bulls, and should therefore have an asterisk next to it. This was said before the shortened season. It has completely been twisted into his so-called "Zen" by most Lakers fans, and even Phil will admit that he had no idea that it would be turned into what it is now, and he even enjoys the fact that it can be used to take away from what the Spurs did in 99.

It's unfortunate that any fan of any team can't show respect where respect is due. I've been a huge Spurs fan for my entire basketball life, and I'm an even bigger fan of basketball as a whole. The fact that anyone would use the * to knock our championship is weak. The Lakers got SWEPT that year by the Spurs, WITH Shaq and Kobe, and we went on to a 15 - 2 record in those playoffs. Deal with it, and move on. It was just unfortunate that Duncan had that injury before the playoffs in 2000. I would have loved for the Spurs and Lakers to have gone at it again.

Kori Ellis
02-02-2005, 05:11 PM
We can't....they are the same person.

Why do people keep saying that?

They aren't the same person. They both have static IP's from completely different areas.

ALVAREZ6
02-02-2005, 05:16 PM

What drug are you on? :smokin

ALVAREZ6
02-02-2005, 05:20 PM
LakerGod,
You're the only one here getting bitchslapped...

http://www.leelazone.com.ar/fanart/tokash/slap.gif

slayermin
02-02-2005, 05:27 PM
Ahh, the hypocracy.

Should the '81 Los Angeles Dodgers have an asterisk next to their championship since they didn't play a full regular season?

office handle
02-02-2005, 05:40 PM

They aren't the same person. They both have static IP's from completely different areas.

who has access to our IPs?

td4mvp21
02-02-2005, 06:17 PM
lakergod also predicted that the spurs would lose to the lakers two previous times this season with kobe's "gamewinner". in reality, bowen out played bryant on both ends and made kobe look like he wasnt even an all star.. i think the spurs are gonna win. and if they do *poof* lakergod is nowhere to be found. i wonder why......

Solid D
02-02-2005, 06:23 PM
That was a pretty classic thread...the Laker v. Spurs (@SBC) thread. It isn't in Classic threads but it had some of the best OWN3D photos. :hat

SlovenianGuy
02-02-2005, 07:17 PM
Do you know that Lakers haven't won yet more than 2 games in a row this season?
I don't want to see them expend their winning streak to 3 today...

samikeyp
02-02-2005, 07:42 PM

I do it mainly to have fun. But couldn't you theoretically register different screennames from different computers? Like a computer at work then a computer at home?

Kori can see your IP's as the admin.

Kori Ellis
02-02-2005, 07:46 PM
Like a computer at work then a computer at home?

Sure, but in this case he'd have to commute 1500 miles a day to work.

samikeyp
02-02-2005, 07:47 PM
I wasn't saying that was the case here...I was just asking if it was possible.

MaNuMaNiAc
02-02-2005, 09:29 PM
Sure, but in this case he'd have to commute 1500 miles a day to work.
http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/lmao.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smirollin.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/lmao.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smirollin.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/lmao.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smirollin.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/lmao.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smirollin.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/lmao.gif

That's 'cause he has yet another secret identity, FLASH!

TDfan2007
02-02-2005, 09:29 PM
No Shaq = Fucked Lakers

No Shaq & No Kobe = :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

btw...

LakerGod is a dumbass!!!!!!

Rummpd
02-02-2005, 10:22 PM
The repeated points above are most salient. I cannot abuse LAGod like mercifully Kori has done recently with her classic 9 and 32 comment or many of your have rightfully done above just now and previously.

That being said I can just state simple logic:

It has definetely been proving over and over again that LAFraud is the worst prognasticator among trolls on this site of all time. He is so poor a predictor that he is an "outlier" to the normal rules of chance, by any type of probilitistic or statistical modeling, he simply ought to get more right. He is making Pooh, Mouse and others look like Jimmy the Greek in comparison.

I would give odds that LAFraud and Paris Hilton could hold an equivelant wavelength conversation; as his reasoning repeatedly seems at best to be on the level of that airhead. Logically, that dingbat could predict better than you or maybe you ought to consult Pamela Anderson, another LA "Einstein".

That being said, like all LA fans, LAGod/Fraud is probably in a near orgasmatic state tonight dreaming that Jackson, a conveniently healthy Malone, and soon a healthy Kobe might make their team at least a "soft threat" again. Let him down easy, the equation in LA is easy = probably the logical Jackson will see, no Shaq = no chance for a title period.

Oh and Fraud next time you want to talk ** title look at the zebra job on the Kings that remains most biased of all time and started normally sane and logical men and women (certainly the logical part = not your category) believing that outcome might have been a fixed as the WCF. Yet when other teams beat your team fair and square in resounding fashion = Spurs then Pistons you all called for the fix despite all the marketing in the NBA that is always LA, LA, LA.

Finally, I cannot believe that when all the smoke clears in LA that there is not more disgeneous behavior out there - how convenient that they do not deny contacting Jackson already and Kobe has openely met with the brain trust before Rudy officially steps down. At the very least it is classless for the supposed "golden franchise" of the NBA.

Surely you must have enough time on LA sites to share your misguided dreams of a quick revision of over-hyped glory or discuss the new state of disarray in tinsel town.

The real logic is that all the LA Gold is fools gold, real class sits in organizations like the Spurs, that don't have drama for the sake of drama etc. Out.

MadDoc

nzkickass
02-02-2005, 11:09 PM
Rose to the IR
Marks 1st big man off the bench.

Win every time.

T Park
02-02-2005, 11:10 PM
yup.

Cause Marks is a proven big man.

NZ, how many more years does Marks need to learn the offense.

2 3 4 years?

pjjrfan
02-02-2005, 11:20 PM
If they come in with the same type of intensity they played with in Seattle, it's over, but if they do a Utah, Portland wake me up when it's over type of game, damn. I don't know but with Rasho coming back I just see these guys too focused to lose.

LakerGod
02-02-2005, 11:21 PM
I want to see you here tomorrow after the game to eat humble pie and please no excuses about how the spursies lost this game because popatzi doesn't want to coach the all-star game.

Deal?

Kori Ellis
02-02-2005, 11:23 PM
Okay, we want to see you here tomorrow after the game, congratulating the Spurs after their win. And please, find one decent basketball related thought somewhere in that pea brain of yours and post it.

Deal?

smeagol
02-02-2005, 11:24 PM
I want to see you here tomorrow after the game to eat humble pie and please no excuses about how the spursies lost this game because popatzi doesn't want to coach the all-star game.

Deal?
Likewise.

Although, if history is any guide, we know it will never happen because you have proven to be a coward.

LakerGod
02-02-2005, 11:25 PM
Okay, we want to see you here tomorrow after the game, congratulating the Spurs after their win. And please, find one decent basketball related thought somewhere in that pea brain of yours and post it.

Deal?What for?

So you can delete it before people get to read it?

ducks
02-02-2005, 11:26 PM
lakergod =mb

Kori Ellis
02-02-2005, 11:27 PM
The only posts I've ever deleted of yours were the ones when you were starting new threads to spew the same crap you were already saying in another thread.

smeagol
02-02-2005, 11:29 PM
Hope timvp comes up with a "By how much will the Spurs spank the Fakers' asses tonight?" vbookie thread.

My prediction: 25 pts.

GoSpurs21
02-02-2005, 11:31 PM
Sure, but in this case he'd have to commute 1500 miles a day to work.Kori, I thought static IP addresses where given out to companies not by location. Is there some IP directory that is available to the public? What about the IP address assigned to my router by Roadrunner, it is not aways the same.

Dre_7
02-02-2005, 11:33 PM
You all know that if the Spurs lose (I really dont see it happeneing!! But if they lose) LakerG will never shut up!!!

Go Spurs, 13 point win, score will look closer then the game actually will be.

Kori Ellis
02-02-2005, 11:33 PM
Kori, I thought static IP addresses where given out to companies not by location. Is there some IP directory that is available to the public? What about the IP address assigned to my router by Roadrunner, it is not aways the same.

You can get programs to look up anything you want to about someone if you really want to do so. Sometimes you can even see if someone is posting from Kinko's or whatever. I don't really use these type of things. I'm just saying that those two posters in question are with companies not even close to each other.

And yes, cable modem IP's change, but stay within a certain range normally.

dougp
02-02-2005, 11:42 PM
You can generally just do a NSLookup on the ip to see what type of domain it comes from ... they generally will resolve to the ISP's net address, or atleast a domain owned by them that you can find very easily.

Edit:

For example, my IP is 24.174.117.72; if I go into a command prompt and do "nslookup 24.174.117.72" I get:

C:\Documents and Settings\**********>nslookup 24.174.117.72
Server: hou-dns-cac-04-dmfe0.houston.rr.com
Address: 24.28.99.64
Name: cs24174117-72.houston.rr.com
Address: 24.174.117.72

Granted I'm on roadrunner, but if you have any you're wondering about they're pretty easy to do.

GoSpurs21
02-02-2005, 11:42 PM
You can get programs to look up anything you want to about someone if you really want to do so. Sometimes you can even see if someone is posting from Kinko's or whatever. I don't really use these type of things. I'm just saying that those two posters in question are with companies not even close to each other.

And yes, cable modem IP's change, but stay within a certain range normally.Right, about the range and cable modem but I figured that all of Roadrunner nationwide had access to the range of IP addresses. I just didnt know that you could actually pin point an IP address to a location.

Useruser666
02-03-2005, 10:38 AM
You can spoof your location and your ip address. So none of that really matters. You can also proxy from a remote location. But this had better be a serious hobby if you're doing this just to have multiple screen names on a sports forum. :lol

boutons
02-03-2005, 10:50 AM
"spoof ... your ip address"

Difficult to do over tcp, and way beyond the ability of 99.9% of Internet users.

SuperManu!!!
02-03-2005, 10:58 AM
Man, tonight the lakers will be own3d for the 3rd time!!!!

Rummpd
02-03-2005, 12:44 PM
Updated Prediction:

Spurs still by 15 + despite hearing all the BS about heroic effort against them.
Time on SportsCenter 15 Seconds, Time for Lakers 3 minutes.

Kori Ellis
02-03-2005, 08:02 PM
You can spoof your location and your ip address. So none of that really matters. You can also proxy from a remote location.

Yeah, you can also tell which IP's are spoofed and proxy through some not very complicated software.

But this had better be a serious hobby if you're doing this just to have multiple screen names on a sports forum.

Yeah, that's kind of my point ... people from other forums, etc who come here through proxy IP's just to post crap make me laugh.

td4mvp21
02-03-2005, 08:24 PM
the Lakers seem inspired TO SHOCK EVERYONE!!

Lakers 97
Spurs 80

Mihm will contain the great Timmy D. !!!

hmmm just like amare stoudemire contained "the great" kg last night? kinda like that? or no?

TDfan2007
02-04-2005, 01:34 AM
wolves009, don't take it out on us cuz your team sucks fat ass.

btw... your a dumbass

Kaster
02-04-2005, 05:51 PM
Wow Rummpd, your original prediction was a single point off, and you even predicted the 2nd half dominance part.

Where the hell is LakerGod, isn't time for yet another anal beating?