PDA

View Full Version : Another Actors Strike???

0201rinckwater
07-01-2008, 07:50 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080701/ap_on_en_mo/hollywood_labor

The writers were justified, these guys not so much.

MannyIsGod
07-01-2008, 07:51 PM
Says who? They can choose under what circumstances they want to work under. Its not for YOU to decide, is it?

Who the fuck is anyone to tell someone else what conditions they should work under?

0201rinckwater
07-01-2008, 07:57 PM
Says who? They can choose under what circumstances they want to work under. Its not for YOU to decide, is it?

Who the fuck is anyone to tell someone else what conditions they should work under?

They're already fucking loaded i don't weep for the rich.

Clandestino
07-01-2008, 07:59 PM
fuck these actors. there are tons of them waiting tables in hollywood..find the ones who want to work...

Clandestino
07-01-2008, 08:00 PM
most of our american movies are just about special effects anyway...not many actors are actually good actors.. foreign films have better actors actually...

fuck our cartoons make more money than most movies...

0201rinckwater
07-01-2008, 08:00 PM
fuck these actors. there are tons of them waiting tables in hollywood..find the ones who want to work...

But who will write stuff if the writers join them

CuckingFunt
07-01-2008, 08:03 PM
They're already fucking loaded i don't weep for the rich.

I assume you two realize that not all of the actors in the guild(s) are Will Smith.

It is my understanding (and I'll admit to not having all the details) that one of the things they want is an increase in scale wages, which is something that would only affect the smaller actors, not the big shots.

MaNuMaNiAc
07-01-2008, 08:12 PM
I assume you two realize that not all of the actors in the guild(s) are Will Smith.

It is my understanding (and I'll admit to not having all the details) that one of the things they want is an increase in scale wages, which is something that would only affect the smaller actors, not the big shots.

that would be correct

MannyIsGod
07-01-2008, 08:24 PM
Reading some of the things people post just reminds me how stupid some of you are and why I shouldn't waste my time.

Carry on.

T Park
07-01-2008, 08:45 PM
Don't know enough of the details to comment, but the SAG fights a tough battle on this when guys like Will Smith and others pull down 30 million a picture.

Once again, not my opinion.

peewee's lovechild
07-02-2008, 08:54 AM
Don't know enough of the details to comment, but the SAG fights a tough battle on this when guys like Will Smith and others pull down 30 million a picture.

Once again, not my opinion.

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-02-2008, 09:05 AM
I don't think TPark was being that myopic peewee, just simply saying that it will be tough to rally public support for a group that includes members that pull down 7 digit paychecks. It's like back in 99, the NBA players' actions were of the greatest benefit to the 12th men making the vet min, but the lasting impression in many's minds was guys like Patrick Ewing worrying about making the payments on their car collections.

ATRAIN
07-02-2008, 09:07 AM
They should change it from Screen to Film like in Team America.

T Park
07-02-2008, 10:13 AM
I don't think TPark was being that myopic peewee, just simply saying that it will be tough to rally public support for a group that includes members that pull down 7 digit paychecks. It's like back in 99, the NBA players' actions were of the greatest benefit to the 12th men making the vet min, but the lasting impression in many's minds was guys like Patrick Ewing worrying about making the payments on their car collections.

Thank you for clarifying.

Exactly my point.

I understand that not all actors are pulling dow Will Smith and Julia Roberts contracts, but the day you "go on strike"
people are gonna sour on it cause of that. When people struggle to make money and actors in movies go on strike
its not the best of moves.

BacktoBasics
07-02-2008, 10:17 AM
Reading some of the things people post just reminds me how stupid some of you are and why I shouldn't waste my time.

Carry on.
Preach on Amy

peewee's lovechild
07-02-2008, 10:23 AM

Understood.

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-02-2008, 10:34 AM
Thank you for clarifying.

Exactly my point.

I understand that not all actors are pulling dow Will Smith and Julia Roberts contracts, but the day you "go on strike"
people are gonna sour on it cause of that. When people struggle to make money and actors in movies go on strike
its not the best of moves.

Preach on Amy

I'm glad I was correct, TPark. I hate people putting words in my mouth and no matter how sure I was about your intentions I still had that twinge of doubt when I typed it up.

B2B, I think you might have aimed a little low when you hit the "Quote" button.

And I know how to mulitquote. I'm awesome.

T Park
07-02-2008, 10:39 AM
And I know how to mulitquote. I'm awesome.

:lol

Multi quote, then put in a youtube video.

Then I'd be impressed.

T Park
07-02-2008, 10:39 AM
Preach on Amy

Amy?

mrsmaalox
07-02-2008, 10:49 AM
Amy?

Slip of the finger apparently. Read B2B's sig and you'll see who he really meant. :)

BacktoBasics
07-02-2008, 10:50 AM
Whoops!!!! My bad Porky. I meant Manny. I'll fix it.

baseline bum
07-02-2008, 11:53 AM
SAG workers have it very good. I have some friends who are SAG extras, and get paid for 8 hours even if they're only used for two. They also get offered huge overtime.

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-02-2008, 12:12 PM
SAG workers have it very good. I have some friends who are SAG extras, and get paid for 8 hours even if they're only used for two. They also get offered huge overtime.

I remember reading somewhere that the health plan is one of the best of any union's, too.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-02-2008, 12:38 PM
The actors are smart enough to plan a strike when the economy is forcing people to tighten budgets, stay home watch TV and go to movies more.

Smart move.

leemajors
07-02-2008, 01:18 PM
amy good gorilla

T Park
07-02-2008, 06:04 PM
Whoops!!!! My bad Porky. I meant Manny. I'll fix it.

Thanks.....

T Park
07-02-2008, 06:05 PM
The actors are smart enough to plan a strike when the economy is forcing people to tighten budgets, stay home watch TV and go to movies more.

Smart move.

Yeah exactly.

Gas is high, people are already barely going to movies and having to do stuff extra to go there, and they are saying, ya know what, yeah, time to strike for more moolah.

Trainwreck2100
07-02-2008, 06:59 PM
Yeah exactly.

Gas is high, people are already barely going to movies and having to do stuff extra to go there, and they are saying, ya know what, yeah, time to strike for more moolah.

Actually more people are going to the movies this summer than last summer because it is cheaper than most other summer activities

T Park
07-02-2008, 07:00 PM
Actually more people are going to the movies this summer than last summer because it is cheaper than most other summer activities

If I said no ones going I apologize, I meant, people are going, but they are having to juggle things a tad to still be able to do it.

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-02-2008, 07:16 PM
Here's what I don't get from some of the people wondering why the actors made this decision to fight. What's so wrong with attempting to negotiate a new deal? These actors aren't making any money, much less top-tier money.

http://www.latimes.com/classified/jobs/news/la-052808-fi-sag-g,0,3566589.graphic

I'd venture a guess that many of us make a decent amount more than 80 percent of the actors today.

So why have so many people been blaming the actors and the writers previously, when you could argue that the deals are unfair to begin with and the studio owners/execs are at fault for causing this rift.

Trainwreck2100
07-02-2008, 07:23 PM
Here's what I don't get from some of the people wondering why the actors made this decision to fight. What's so wrong with attempting to negotiate a new deal? These actors aren't making any money, much less top-tier money.

http://www.latimes.com/classified/jobs/news/la-052808-fi-sag-g,0,3566589.graphic

I'd venture a guess that many of us make a decent amount more than 80 percent of the actors today.

So why have so many people been blaming the actors and the writers previously, when you could argue that the deals are unfair to begin with and the studio owners/execs are at fault for causing this rift.

i don't want to have to wait till 2010 to see a new episode of 24.

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-02-2008, 07:23 PM
i don't want to have to wait till 2010 to see a new episode of 24.

Sucks for you. Go act, then.

Trainwreck2100
07-02-2008, 07:28 PM
Sucks for you. Go act, then.

Those asshole producers don't appreciate my screen presence

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-02-2008, 07:32 PM
Those asshole producers don't appreciate my screen presence

I'll vouch for you if they have a scene involving a drunken stupor.

Trainwreck2100
07-02-2008, 07:37 PM

That was my selling point, but I wasn't "sexy."

exstatic
07-02-2008, 07:47 PM
Yeah exactly.

I'll take When their contract is up for $500, Alex.

ShoogarBear
07-02-2008, 07:58 PM

:lmao

T Park
07-02-2008, 08:09 PM
I'll take When their contract is up for $500, Alex.

Thats fine.

Like I said, I'm not saying them striking is wrong.

I'm looking at it purely from the PR point of view.