PDA

View Full Version : Patriots or Traitors?

Clandestino
07-01-2008, 08:16 PM
Are dan and boutons closer to being traitors or patriots?

mookie2001
07-01-2008, 08:22 PM
theyre closer to patriots just because theres one thing you can say about them both-theyre not down with neocons

plus that dude joe horn who blasted on those fools in houston committed a patriotic act

he must possess little to no ruth

ElNono
07-01-2008, 08:25 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/diyablo/epic-failure08.jpg

boutons_
07-01-2008, 08:28 PM
We dissenters against dubya/etc are so effectively fucking with Clanny's tiny self-ridiculing brain. :lol

Clandestino
07-01-2008, 08:30 PM
not at all... i'm making money, not worrying about gas prices, still investing, life is normal... except for the fact I hear people bitching and complaining about $4 gas while they drink a $1.50 1 liter bottle of water!!! hahaha.

PixelPusher
07-01-2008, 08:44 PM
Traitor
1 : one who betrays another's trust or is false to an obligation or duty
2 : one who commits treason

Treason
1 : the betrayal of a trust : treachery
2 : the offense of attempting by overt acts to overthrow the government of the state to which the offender owes allegiance or to kill or personally injure the sovereign or the sovereign's family

If Boutons or Nbadan take up arms against the United States, assasinate any government officials or pass state secrets to foreign governments, I'll vote "traitor", otherwise this thread remains a glorious tribute to the small-minded, brain-dead husk that passes for conservatism these days.

0201rinckwater
07-01-2008, 09:05 PM
It depends on what side wins

GopherSA
07-01-2008, 09:29 PM
While I disagree with most of what they say, the fact that they care enough to speak out is enough to prove to me that they care about the country.

What's the definition of a patriot?

I don't think Ben Franklin would have fit today's definition of a patriot in 1775. He was a British citizen speaking out against government actions. Anyone care to challenge his dedication to the United States?

What I can't believe is how low the discourse on this forum gets when it comes to political issues. Folks, the name calling and profanity is beyond juvenile - and it's not very constructive. Further, it does nothing to prove that your respective side of the discussion is right...all it does is show that immaturity exists on both sides of the issues.

GaryJohnston
07-02-2008, 01:24 AM
Fuck the secular progressives.

Oh, Gee!!
07-02-2008, 08:36 AM
I think they're culture warriors

spursfor5
07-02-2008, 08:38 AM
Not accepting the status quo sounds like a patriot to me.

DarkReign
07-02-2008, 08:53 AM
Worst thread ever.

Fuck people trying to divide the country just because others dont agree with them.

Seriously, big ol' fuck you.

whottt
07-02-2008, 09:14 AM
We dissenters against dubya/etc are so effectively fucking with Clanny's tiny self-ridiculing brain. :lol

Tis your brainy that is tiny if you think all you are doing is dissenting against dubya...

whottt
07-02-2008, 09:15 AM
Worst thread ever.

Fuck people trying to divide the country just because others dont agree with them.

Seriously, big ol' fuck you.

Yeah...becuase they aren't divisive at all are they? Hypocrite....and idiot.

whottt
07-02-2008, 09:17 AM
Don't worry Clan...some of us realize freedom of speech works both ways, even if all these asshats don't....

If these two douchebags are going to run non-stop propaganda...other people have the right to voice their opinion on their actions...if they don't fucking like it, tough shit. Because Free Speech is a two way street.

Traitors...all the way.

JoeChalupa
07-02-2008, 10:08 AM
I love the USA and the right to speak out against my own government because I love my Country enough to let my voice be heard and I will not be silenced by those opposed to my view for as much as I may be opposed to theirs....I'll find for their right to have it.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! !

DarkReign
07-02-2008, 11:39 AM
Yeah...becuase they aren't divisive at all are they? Hypocrite....and idiot.

Blow me. I dont see Dan/boutons starting a thread called "Is Clanny a Patriot or Terrorist"...do you?

Fuck you whott. Blowhard.

DarkReign
07-02-2008, 11:39 AM
Don't worry Clan...some of us realize freedom of speech works both ways, even if all these asshats don't....

If these two douchebags are going to run non-stop propaganda...other people have the right to voice their opinion on their actions...if they don't fucking like it, tough shit. Because Free Speech is a two way street.

Traitors...all the way.

Fitting. Douchebag.

braeden0613
07-02-2008, 12:40 PM
This thread sucks. The list goes like this: Traitor<Neocon<Neolib<Liberal<Paleoconservative<Libertarian<Patriot

Extra Stout
07-02-2008, 12:46 PM
Rank the following foods from most patriotic to most treasonous:

Apple pie
Wienerschnitzel
Falafel
Freedom fries
Quiche
Carne asada
Fish tacos
Polish sausage
Hot dog
Clam chowder
Bagel
Kolache

Extra Stout
07-02-2008, 12:54 PM
Answer:

Freedom fries - self-explanatory
Hot dog - American, and extols virtues of industry and efficiency
Apple pie - Rustic Americana
Kolache - you can get it in Texas
Polish sausage - food of working-class Chicagoans
Bagel - food of Israeli Jews, our allies
Wienerschnitzel - Nazi food
Clam chowder - pinko liberal commie New England food
Fish tacos - pinko liberal commie California food
Quiche - gay food
Carne asada - illegal immigrant food
Falafel - terrorist food

RandomGuy
07-02-2008, 01:18 PM

Traitors...all the way.

Spoken like a true traitor. :rolleyes

Nbadan
07-02-2008, 02:10 PM
On patriotism....

DMbBuEoEYnk

johnsmith
07-02-2008, 02:14 PM
Where is the douche bag option on the poll?

Extra Stout
07-02-2008, 02:15 PM
Where is the douche bag option on the poll?
I was thinking exactly that thought earlier.

JohnnyMarzetti
07-02-2008, 03:25 PM
Only traitors around here are those who are against people calling out their own government. Those are the worse kind.

johnsmith
07-02-2008, 03:34 PM
This thread is the perfect example of partisan politics:

"You're a traitor because you disagree"

"No, you're a traitor because you disagree that I disagree"

lefty
07-02-2008, 03:41 PM
Fuck both patriots and traitors

George Gervin's Afro
07-02-2008, 04:32 PM
easy answer..they are obomaniacs!

JoeChalupa
07-02-2008, 04:38 PM
I need to get a US flag lapel pin.

boutons_
07-02-2008, 04:42 PM
"obomaniacs"

Being against dubya, McFlop, and Repugs doesn't mean being maniacally pro-Obama.

At very least, Obama is ABM, anything but McSenile. Maybe even at very best, but that's still a great deal. ABM!

I really don't have real high hopes for Obama's effectivesness since he will be handed some horribly toxic poison pills by dubya.

johnsmith
07-02-2008, 04:45 PM
"obomaniacs"

Being against dubya, McFlop, and Repugs doesn't mean being maniacally pro-Obama.

At very least, Obama is ABM, anything but McSenile. Maybe even at very best, but that's still a great deal. ABM!

I really don't have real high hopes for Obama's effectivesness since he will be handed some horribly toxic poison pills by dubya.

That's sort of like complaining about a shoulder injury right before you start 18 holes of golf.

Clandestino
07-02-2008, 06:34 PM
always on the side of the terrorists... posting trash from al-jazeera... have never said one positive thing about the u.s.a...

and you people vote them closer to being patriots??? reminds me nazi germany... you guys are blinded!

ElNono
07-02-2008, 06:46 PM
always on the side of the terrorists... posting trash from al-jazeera... have never said one positive thing about the u.s.a...

and you people vote them closer to being patriots??? reminds me nazi germany... you guys are blinded!

People voted. That would be closer to a democracy. Talk about blinded.

jochhejaam
07-02-2008, 08:31 PM
otherwise this thread remains a glorious tribute to the small-minded, brain-dead husk that passes for conservatism these days.

You paint with a broad brush <small minded of you> ; this thread was initiated by 1 person who's embroiled in an on-going war of words with another poster or two.
Nothing more, nothing less.

I don't see them as traitors; dan seems to be a big-time paronoia, and boutons is big-time hater of Bush and Co. Fair enough.

As for being Patriots? Here's the M-W definition;

Main Entry: pa·tri·ot
: one who loves his or her country and supports its authority and interests

dan voted himself into this category, and bouts recently said something along the lines of viewing America as an "exceptional Country". I appreciate dan putting himself into the Patriot category and bouton's description of the Country.

braeden0613
07-02-2008, 09:31 PM

Its the current government that is bringing us closer to nazi germany, not the spurstalk.com political forum.

Wild Cobra
07-02-2008, 09:53 PM
I think you libtards are getting it all wrong in defending Dan and Bouton's, well maybe not Dan in this case.

The question was "Are dan and boutons closer to being traitors or patriots?"

Key word... CLOSER!

Not if they are.

So ask yourself this. Do their words inspire those who would tend towards patriotism, or inspire those who tend towards treason.

I say the latter. You can argue all you want about it being patriotic to question the government, officials, etc. The manner in which it is done is what matters.

Bouton's in that regard is clearly closer to a traitor than a patriot. Traitors will rally around such words and a patriot despise him. I'd say Dan is about half way between. Hard to pinpoint which side he's closer to. The two clearly average out to being closer to a traitor than a patriot.

jochhejaam
07-03-2008, 11:54 AM
Both terms are too extreme for them. I don't see them as the reincarnation of Benedict Arnold, but otoh, they certainly don't conjure up images of Patrick Henry.

You may have garnered more support if the Poll had asked;
1. Do you look forward to reading what they have to say?

2. Do you often scroll through their posts, or not even bother to open a thread they have started.

Could have voted a #2 on that one.

2centsworth
07-03-2008, 12:28 PM
Both terms are too extreme for them. I don't see them as the reincarnation of Benedict Arnold, but otoh, they certainly don't conjure up images of Patrick Henry.

You may have garnered more support if the Poll had asked;
1. Do you look forward to reading what they have to say?

2. Do you often scroll through their posts, or not even bother to open a thread they have started.

Could have voted a #2 on that one.

:toast

peewee's lovechild
07-03-2008, 04:25 PM
Rank the following foods from most patriotic to most treasonous:

Apple pie
Wienerschnitzel
Falafel
Freedom fries
Quiche
Carne asada
Fish tacos