07-01-2008, 11:08 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_jarvis_hayes.jpg

Jarvis Hayes | SF
Born: Aug 9, 1981
Height: 6-8 / 2,03
Weight: 228 lbs. / 103,4 kg.
College: Georgia
Years Pro: 5

Info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/jarvis_hayes/index.html)

Marcus Bryant
07-01-2008, 11:08 PM
Maggette, 28, opted out of his contract with the Clippers on Monday, along with Brand. He had hopes of returning to the Orlando Magic, but the Spurs, who have an interest in Denver restricted free agent J.R. Smith and Detroit free agent Jarvis Hayes, made an aggressive push in the last 24 hours to sell Maggette on playing an important part in restoring them to a championship team.

link (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Ar6koHOIv8MQft2JGqkcjHk5nYcB?slug=aw-spursmaggette070108&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

jcrod
07-01-2008, 11:15 PM
I wanted them to get him last season.

T Park
07-01-2008, 11:16 PM
If they get shot down by Maggette, JR Smith, Azubuike, Pietrus.

Then MAYBE I'd think about it.

JamStone
07-01-2008, 11:46 PM
I dare them to sign him.

jcrod
07-02-2008, 12:14 AM
If they get shot down by Maggette, JR Smith, Azubuike, Pietrus.

Then MAYBE I'd think about it.

:rolleyes OK GM!

I dare them to sign him.

EH?

Pistons < Spurs
07-02-2008, 12:23 AM
Huge defensive liability.

And his offense is very spotty and one dimensional.

SenorSpur
07-02-2008, 12:27 AM
I dare them to sign him.

Hey Jamstone,
What can yoiu tell us about Hayes? Why didn't he work out in Detroit?

jcrod
07-02-2008, 12:30 AM
Huge defensive liability.

And his offense is very spotty and one dimensional.

He is, i thought that was one of his strengths.

What happened, he was doing good for ya'll there for awhile. Did he fall off?

Spaceman Spiff
07-02-2008, 01:48 AM
Hayes is a streak shooter and not much else. All his athleticism and strength kind of seems to go to waste when he plays.

Oh, and he can't dribble. That's usually bad. Rumor has Phoenix interested in him.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-02-2008, 08:20 AM
Yea, I'd rather not call him up until we've be turned down by a few bigger targets.

timvp
07-02-2008, 08:55 AM
From what I've heard, the Spurs are trying to get him to fly in for a visit.

I don't really get it. Hayes is decent as deep bench insurance ... but last year he whined about not getting more playing time. He can hit open jumpers sometimes, although that's about the limit of his game. He strikes me as a player the Spurs would look at if they think Barry will be gone.

Weird turn of events . . .

Marcus Bryant
07-02-2008, 10:11 AM
From what I've heard, the Spurs are trying to get him to fly in for a visit.

I don't really get it. Hayes is decent as deep bench insurance ... but last year he whined about not getting more playing time. He can hit open jumpers sometimes, although that's about the limit of his game. He strikes me as a player the Spurs would look at if they think Barry will be gone.

Weird turn of events . . .

Yeah, maybe they are looking to revamp the swingman rotation. With Finley and Barry free agents, they do have an opportunity to replace them with younger talent. Replacing Finley with a younger starting quality swingman is pretty much a given, but if they do lose/replace Barry, I would hope they can get someone who can knock down some 3s. Basically, the Spurs need a shooter on the bench. IMO. :hat

tav1
07-02-2008, 10:14 AM
Yeah, maybe they are looking to revamp the swingman rotation. With Finley and Barry free agents, they do have an opportunity to replace them with younger talent. Replacing Finley with a younger starting quality swingman is pretty much a given, but if they do lose/replace Barry, I would hope they can get someone who can knock down some 3s. Basically, the Spurs need a shooter on the bench. IMO. :hat

I'm confused why they wouldn't try after Herrman. Is he going back to Europe? Ginobli should back a phone call. A bench shooter is an absolute need if C-Mags comes aboard.

T Park
07-02-2008, 10:17 AM
They probobly aren't that keen on Herrman

Marcus Bryant
07-02-2008, 10:24 AM
I'm confused why they wouldn't try after Herrman. Is he going back to Europe? Ginobli should back a phone call. A bench shooter is an absolute need if C-Mags comes aboard.

I like the idea of adding Herrmann to the bench, but with him being a restricted free agent and the possibility of playing in Europe he would be very tough to land. Especially if the Spurs are trying to sign him without using the MLE. About the only way the Spurs could sign him is if they are able to find a S&T the Pistons like and they are able to offer Herrmann enough $ to keep him in the NBA. I could see something like Bonner + 2nd round pick for Herrmann with Herrmann getting a 2 year deal for around $3 mil per. Maybe then you bring Horry back or you use the LLE to sign Javtokas.

Lackluster
07-02-2008, 01:02 PM
his grandfather lives in San Antonio, not sure how deep the rest of his family ties are here.

not that that has any bearing on whether we should bring him down or not, but it might give insight as to the generated interest. :p: