PDA

View Full Version : Former ‘24′ President Credits His Role for Obama Rise

ATRAIN
07-02-2008, 11:26 AM
HELL YEAH SERANO WAS THE MAN AS THE PRESIDENT

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/07/02/former-24-president-credits-his-role-for-obama-rise/

RENO, Nev. — Dennis Haysbert likes to believe his portrayal as the first African-American U.S. president on television’s “24″ may have helped pave the way for Barack Obama.

“If anything, my portrayal of David Palmer, I think, may have helped open the eyes of the American people,” said the actor, who has contributed $2,300 to the Illinois Democrat’s presidential campaign.

“And I mean the American people from across the board — from the poorest to the richest, every color and creed, every religious base — to prove the possibility there could be an African-American president, a female president, any type of president that puts the people first,” he said Tuesday.

Haysbert, who now stars on “The Unit” on CBS, made his comments to reporters during a teleconference call promoting the upcoming American Century Celebrity Golf Championship at Lake Tahoe.

Haysbert, who also played Nelson Mandela in the 2007 film “Goodbye Bafana,” said his role as President Palmer seemed to “confuse people” who would approach him on the street “every day, almost every hour, and ask me to run.”

“I still, even after three seasons into `The Unit’ playing Sgt. Maj. Jonas Blaine, I’m still asked by people on the street to run,” he said.

Haysbert, 54, said he recently stopped for dinner south of Los Angeles with his daughter in Dana Point, California, a town he described as “very wealthy, very white and very Republican.”

“I go into this little restaurant with that demographic and a lady comes up to me and says, `You know, I want to vote for you,”‘ he said. “I don’t know if it is a joke or that people just like to say those things. But to me, for them to say it out loud means they are thinking about it.”

florige
07-02-2008, 11:35 AM
:lol I was going to ask that question too. Palmer made a great President in 24.

David Palmer-Barack Obama, who would you vote for?:lol

ATRAIN
07-02-2008, 11:51 AM

PALMER HANDS DOWN!!

florige
07-02-2008, 12:00 PM
PALMER HANDS DOWN!!

Same here. Wayne tries, but he is no David.

ATRAIN
07-02-2008, 12:16 PM
Same here. Wayne tries, but he is no David.

Wayne was a pussy

ATRAIN
07-02-2008, 12:16 PM
Palmer rode Tom Beck's coattails into office.

Bats, they are sick. I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid. I ask Jobu to come, take fear from bats. I offer him cigar, rum. He will come.

Hey bartender Jabu needs a refill.

RandomGuy
07-02-2008, 12:43 PM
Never seen the show.

ATRAIN
07-02-2008, 12:58 PM
Never seen the show.

You still have time till next season.

RandomGuy
07-02-2008, 01:17 PM
You still have time till next season.

I have a friend or two with boxed DVD sets.
Heh, I will trade them my Battlestar Galactica boxed set for the weekend and do a marathon session to see what the fuss is about.

AZLouis
07-02-2008, 01:41 PM
Well Morgan Freeman paved the way for the insurance guy. I see you Deep Impact.

24 still doings its job as a creative escape from reality.

Extra Stout
07-02-2008, 01:42 PM
Former '24' President Logan Credits His Role for Bush Rise

ATRAIN
07-02-2008, 02:01 PM

LOL Logan was a dumb fuck so thats pretty right on.

xrayzebra
07-02-2008, 02:22 PM

I would write in John Wayne.:lol

MannyIsGod
07-02-2008, 02:25 PM

:lmao

I think the All State guy has a bit of an ego.

David Wooderson
07-02-2008, 02:44 PM
If Hillary had won then Geena Davis would be saying the same thing about that Commander in Chief show that got canned.

peewee's lovechild
07-02-2008, 05:45 PM

Palmer had balls, Obama is still looking for his. Maybe he should check his wife's purse.

Spurminator
07-02-2008, 06:18 PM
Without Morgan Freeman in Deep Impact, Haysbert's role never would have happened.

Wild Cobra
07-02-2008, 09:37 PM
I would vote for David Palmer in a heartbeat if there were such a man running. I will not vote for the likes of Barack Obama.

I guess you libtards want Illinois style tax rates.