PDA

View Full Version : Darkreign is having an orgasm: Dtroit+Hossa, the official NHL summer moves thread

lefty
07-02-2008, 12:03 PM
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=242261&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_main

Less than a month after being bouned from the Stanley Cup Final, Marian Hossa has decided to join the Detroit Red Wings.

Sources tell TSN that free agent Hossa has signed a one-year, $7.4 million deal with the Red Wings.

The $7.4 million that Hossa will earn next season, is the most Detroit would pay anyone - even an unrestricted free agent. The Red Wings were insistent that no one earn more money than six-time Norris Trophy winner Nicklas Lidstrom.

The 6-foot-1 winger scored 29 goals and 66 points in 72 games split between the Atlanta Thrahsers and the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Hossa, 29, was acquired from the Thrashers at the trade deadline and helped Pittsburgh in its march to the Stanley Cups Finals. With 12 goals and 14 assists in 20 games, the 2008 playoffs went a long way to helping Hossa shed his reputation as a player that shone in the regular season, but struggled when it really mattered.

Originally a first-round draft pick by the Ottawa Senators in 1997, Hossa has been named to five NHL all-star teams and has recorded 299 goals and 648 points in 701 career games. Hossa was shipped to Atlanta as part of the Dany Heatley trade in 2005.

:wow:wow:wow

Red Wings will repeat in 2009

Book it :hat

monosylab1k
07-02-2008, 12:39 PM
Stars just signed Sean Avery. Don't know much about him except he seems like the biggest douchebag on earth. Is he any good?

lefty
07-02-2008, 01:08 PM
Stars just signed Sean Avery. Don't know much about him except he seems like the biggest douchebag on earth. Is he any good?

He is a bit like Bowen

You hate him if he;s on the other team, but you would like to have on your team.

An agitator, but an excellent hockey player as well.

Very smart, as they had to invent a new rule because of him during the 2008 playoffs :lol

Good signing by Dallas

Marklar MM
07-02-2008, 08:23 PM
Zetterberg/Homer;Franzen/Datsyuk
Hossa/Homer;Franzen/Fillpula

Talk about domination. The 2nd line would start for most teams in the league.

djohn14
07-02-2008, 08:44 PM
Im not a big hockey fan...i know the names....i started watching the Blues this year. My favorite players are Brad Boyes, Ovechkin, Crosby, and Jerome Iginla....but yea from what I do know about hockey...thats a hell of a pickup.

N.Y. Johnny
07-02-2008, 08:47 PM
Why I follow the Rangers I don't know :lol, but this thread is great to talk some off season hockey for those that like it. :spin

lefty
07-03-2008, 10:49 AM
Zetterberg/Homer;Franzen/Datsyuk
Hossa/Homer;Franzen/Fillpula

Talk about domination. The 2nd line would start for most teams in the league.

True

lefty
07-03-2008, 10:49 AM
Im not a big hockey fan...i know the names....i started watching the Blues this year. My favorite players are Brad Boyes, Ovechkin, Crosby, and Jerome Iginla....but yea from what I do know about hockey...thats a hell of a pickup.

Man, Iginla is an awesome player

DarkReign
09-03-2008, 09:17 AM
How in the fuck did I miss this thread?!

Oh yeah, I was up north that weekend and when I came home my PC was fucked.

Im big geeked about the signing, no question. But after Filppula was qualified for the the dollar amount he was ($3 million), there is no chance Hossa resigns with the Wings after this year, not with Zetterberg and Franzen needing new deals after 08-09.

Oh well, at least that drama is over and done with before it even starts. But who knows, Ken Holland has pulled miracles before...

(although I dont think even God could get Hossa under a cap and still keep Z and Mule)

DarkReign
09-03-2008, 09:18 AM
Any word on Sundin for your Habs, lefty?

lefty
09-03-2008, 02:11 PM
How in the fuck did I miss this thread?!

Oh yeah, I was up north that weekend and when I came home my PC was fucked.

Im big geeked about the signing, no question. But after Filppula was qualified for the the dollar amount he was ($3 million), there is no chance Hossa resigns with the Wings after this year, not with Zetterberg and Franzen needing new deals after 08-09.

Oh well, at least that drama is over and done with before it even starts. But who knows, Ken Holland has pulled miracles before...

(although I dont think even God could get Hossa under a cap and still keep Z and Mule)

I was wondering the same thing :rollin

Any word on Sundin for your Habs, lefty?

Yes : Fuck Sundin