PDA

View Full Version : Warriors make offer to Brand

jd1276
07-02-2008, 12:58 PM
Hey Everyone,

As a former SA resident (now living in the Bay Area) I consistenly use ST as my source for info. Well I finally found some info that I could contribute to the board.

This may impact the Spurs "pursuit" of Maggette.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/07/02/SPRN11IP2K.DTL&tsp=1

MavDynasty
07-02-2008, 01:01 PM
what a bitch move by the warriors.

xtremesteven33
07-02-2008, 01:02 PM
say no BRAND.....just say NO!

InRareForm
07-02-2008, 01:03 PM
it would be hard for Brand to leave Clipper Nation with that team looking Great on Paper. But 20 mil is a lot of money.

He stays with Clippers, too nice of guy.

TheMadHatter
07-02-2008, 01:07 PM
Damn $20 million is a LOT of money to leave on the table. Brand has some tough decisions to make.

Findog
07-02-2008, 01:09 PM
I thought it was a done deal that he and B Diddy were hooking up in LA.

xtremesteven33
07-02-2008, 01:10 PM
what the heck will 20$ million more do to someone?

i mean you only live once. no way can you spend that much money in one life span

TheMadHatter
07-02-2008, 01:18 PM

i mean you only live once. no way can you spend that much money in one life span

:lmao you got a lot to learn about professional athletes kid.

JamStone
07-02-2008, 01:20 PM

Tell that to MC Hammer.

And, why are guys like Scottie Pippen and Dennis Rodman broke?

Also, I read an interview by some writer who spent $2 million in about 6 months. You'd be surprised how easy money can be spent when you have a lot of it.

xtremesteven33
07-02-2008, 01:20 PM
:lmao you got a lot to learn about professional athletes kid.

i know people find a way to spend it. its been documented how people live thier lives.

my point was, in reality what more can you gain that is significant

boutons_
07-02-2008, 01:22 PM
It's a business, a frickin job after all, go for the $$.

JamStone
07-02-2008, 01:24 PM
You did ask what can $20 million more do for someone.

Just cuz they're already multi millionaires, it doesn't mean $20 million isn't still a shitload of money.

bigdog
07-02-2008, 01:25 PM
Supposedly they made an offer to Brand as soon as FA started and he quickly rejected it.

This might be that same offer.

There's no way Brand fits in with Nellie's system. I think he stays in LA.

loveforthegame
07-02-2008, 02:19 PM
what a bitch move by the warriors.

Why? They have money to spend and he is free agent.

I don't see Brand leaving but that is a lot of money to say no to.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-02-2008, 02:22 PM
A waste of time for the Warriors. This was Elton's plan all along, I can't believe the Warriors didn't see through it. They should be still courting Arenas right now.

loveforthegame
07-02-2008, 02:32 PM
I don't see it as a waste of time really. It doesn't hurt to try even if they laugh in your face or hang up on you.

The only problem I see is that if these guys (Arenas and Brand) turn the offers down then they move on to Maggette and so on.

BiZNicK
07-02-2008, 02:37 PM
Warriors need to be focusing on Arenas. He fits their style MUCH better. Poor shot selection and randomly jacking up 3's. Perfect match.

Bartleby
07-02-2008, 02:43 PM
The only problem I see is that if these guys (Arenas and Brand) turn the offers down then they move on to Maggette and so on.

Yep, and if they are going to throw that much money to Brand, I see them having no problem offering the 10-11 million Maggette was hoping to get if Brand turns them down.

ShoogarBear
07-02-2008, 06:54 PM
I heard that the Warriors are pissed because they're convinced the Clippers tampered with Baron Davis before he was officially a free agent. The strategy is to offer Brand the max, then if he turns it down and signs with the Clips for much less, they can put together a collusion case.

T Park
07-02-2008, 07:09 PM
I heard that the Warriors are pissed because they're convinced the Clippers tampered with Baron Davis before he was officially a free agent. The strategy is to offer Brand the max, then if he turns it down and signs with the Clips for much less, they can put together a collusion case.

Very hard to prove, but, I don't see how the NBA or anyone could stop from Elton Brand going to Diddy in the offseason and saying "Dude lets partner up, we'll mash"

I mean, there's nothing against players buddying up.

ShoogarBear
07-02-2008, 07:16 PM
Brand and Davis could talk all they want.

But the Clippers could not be communicating to Davis that they were going to offer him a contract. Even through Brand.

TheMadHatter
07-02-2008, 07:22 PM
Exactly, this definitely smells like foul play. When was the last time you heard of someone opting out of a $17 million dollar contract? There is no way Baron does this unless he knows for a fact that he has a deal setup with another team.

LakeShow
07-02-2008, 07:42 PM
Brand's not going anywhere! He and Davis will hook up for years. Book it!

coldsweat
07-02-2008, 08:40 PM
Exactly, this definitely smells like foul play. When was the last time you heard of someone opting out of a $17 million dollar contract? There is no way Baron does this unless he knows for a fact that he has a deal setup with another team.

i would opt out of a $17 million dollar contract for long-term security, which the warriors refused to give baron davis.

Tacker
07-02-2008, 09:40 PM
It almost seems that Warriors are doing this on purpose to piss off the Clippers because I honestly don't see how Brand can fit in Nelson's system.

nickdakoolkat
07-03-2008, 12:41 AM
Honestly if the warriors sign Elton I will be happy, but if he goes back to the clips I will still be happy....because in 3 years the clips will have somewhere around 30 mil tied up between 2 old ass men past their primes. Baron cannot play a full season at full strength. He played all 82 games last year, but he checked out the last 2 weeks when it mattered cuz he was tired. If your gonna demand superstar money you better perform like a superstar all year long. Oh, and clipper fans dont be surprised if barons production career eventually interrupts his play like it did against the Twolves this season when he decided to go to a movie festival in colorado the day before a 12 o clock home game....or when he was clearly hung over from his 2nd bday party the night before the suns elimination game this season...and when he comes down and hucks up multiple fadeaways with 18 sec on the shot clock, dont say i didnt warn you....

TheMACHINE
07-03-2008, 02:34 PM

cuz 20 mill is the diff between taking care of your "grandkids kids" to thier "grandkids kids kids".