PDA

View Full Version : Boston Celtics make offer to Corey Maggete

Tacker
07-02-2008, 04:02 PM
Boston Celtics Make Offer to Corey Maggette

07.2.2008 - Updated on 07.2.2008
On the first day of free agency in the NBA, the world champion Celtics, according to an NBA source, made contract offers to both Posey and Maggette. Since Boston, at most, has a mid-level exception available (expected to be about $5.8 million), it would seem doubtful they could land both players. Boston is also scheduled have New Orleans center Chris Andersen in for a visit today.

"I called [Posey] and just talked to him and told him how much we wanted him back," Ainge said. "I told his agent and we had a conversation. So we’re still having conversations. After James, yeah, I called a lot of guys just to say that we had interest. But I can’t discuss names."

Maggette, however, confirmed yesterday he was one of those names.

"I was very surprised they called. They just came off a championship," said Maggette in a phone interview.

monosylab1k
07-02-2008, 04:05 PM
:madrun

Kindergarten Cop
07-02-2008, 04:11 PM
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view/2008_07_02_Celtics__Perkins__rookie_Walker_undergo _surgery/srvc=sports&position=recent

from the Boston Herald:

A Celtics source, disputing several published reports, insisted today that Danny Ainge has not made a contract offer to free agent Corey Maggette - noting instead that Ainge has talked to several players, including the former Clipper, without making an offer.

CubanMustGo
07-02-2008, 04:22 PM
Tacker wrong? What a surprise. Not.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-02-2008, 04:56 PM
Fail