PDA

View Full Version : Hoopsworld...Maggette to Spurs...

Brox6
07-03-2008, 01:32 AM
Report: Maggette Off the Market?
By: Bill Ingram Last Updated: 7/2/08 10:14 AM ET | 7713 times read

No player has been more sought after or talked about this summer than Corey Maggette. Most of the teams who feel they have a legitimate shot at winning a title in the near future have talked about him being the missing piece that would put them over the top. The Orlando Magic were the most recent team to make a play, but teams like Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio have also been hot on his trail.

According to multiple reports this morning Maggette will, indeed, wind up in the Texas Triangle, and he could very well turn out to be the piece that gets his new team a championship. If all goes according to plan, Maggette will finally join the San Antonio Spurs, who were very much in love with him a couple of seasons ago when his last contract came up.

Maggette was not completely against returning to the Clippers, but behind closed doors it seems there was a mutual understanding that splitting the sheets was the best move. LA's move to steal Baron Davis away from the Golden State Warriors was the final indicator that Maggette's days in LA are finished.

For now, Spurs fans can start to think about Finals tickets once again . . .and get in line for your Corey Maggette jersey.

It won't be #50.

LINK (http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9329)

NuGGeTs-FaN
07-03-2008, 01:35 AM
wow prepared to be flamed

WildcardManu
07-03-2008, 01:35 AM
fucking shit, i thought this was a new article, i almost shit myself when i saw the title.... damn you:bang:ihit :madrun :flipoff :pctoss