PDA

View Full Version : SPURS to screw PORTLAND

TDMVPDPOY
07-03-2008, 01:33 AM
WELL they took BATum from the rockets from our hands, playing us like fools,

well guess what, the final card is in our hands, WHY?

"DARIUS FUKN MILES"

Dude was bought out by the blazers with 2 years remaining $27.25m. Theres a rule though, if he signs with a team and plays for more than 10 games WITHIN those 2 years, the $27.25m goes back on the blazers cap.

Do it POP, lets POPABITCH pop

tlongII
07-03-2008, 01:36 AM
Good idea.

WildcardManu
07-03-2008, 01:37 AM
:lmao

spurman20
07-03-2008, 01:39 AM

"DARIUS FUKN MILES"

Dude was bought out by the blazers with 2 years remaining $27.25m. Theres a rule though, if he signs with a team and plays for more than 10 games WITHIN those 2 years, the $27.25m goes back on the blazers cap.

What are you sayn were gonna sign miles??? That dude is worthless:ihit

Brutalis
07-03-2008, 01:41 AM
L M A O

oh lord. no.

TDMVPDPOY
07-03-2008, 01:43 AM

u idiot

sign him to 3 10-day contracts, is enough to play 10 games, and portland is fuckd with us

rayray2k8
07-03-2008, 01:43 AM
I rather take Keon Clark...

note
*Go bleach manga!!

misterx91578
07-03-2008, 01:44 AM

"DARIUS FUKN MILES"

:nope

T Park
07-03-2008, 01:45 AM
Worst

thread

ever

*cue picture of comic book guy*

TDMVPDPOY
07-03-2008, 01:46 AM
portland can veto it to teh commissioner,

but it has been shown in the past, the spurs are crazy when it comes to signin 10 day contracts hahahaha

TDMVPDPOY
07-03-2008, 01:52 AM
actually the blazers should trade one of there SFs or up and comming stars to us, or we go out and sign MILES to 3 10-day contracts this season.....

curtismedellin
07-03-2008, 03:20 AM
actually the blazers should trade one of there SFs or up and comming stars to us, or we go out and sign MILES to 3 10-day contracts this season.....

you can't be for real.

You do know Darius has been injured and is even contemplating retirement?

Please do your homework before starting threads that make you look ridiculous.

TDMVPDPOY
07-03-2008, 03:25 AM
you can't be for real.

who cares if his injured and contemplating retirement, he might wanan give the nba one more try and or earn another paycheck, he just got bought out by the blazers and his salary goes of there cap, but if he plays total of 10 games within these 2 years with any nba team the salary that he was bought out with goes back onto the blazers salary cap....nothing beats payback

the payback will come in handy if the blazers are in the 2010 sweepstakes

timvp
07-03-2008, 03:37 AM
This thread looked crazy at first but after some research, TDMVPDPOY may be on to something. If the Spurs are pissed about Batum, all they need to do is sign Miles, let him play some garbage time action and that would force Miles to once again count against the Blazers' salary cap. It could actually end up costing the Blazers a good amount of cap space :lol

It's unlikely but I wouldn't put it past CIA Pop to try to screw over a team who may be trying to circumvent the rules while at the same time trying to settle a grudge.

:drunk

angelbelow
07-03-2008, 03:44 AM
hahah very shady but funnny too.

JamStone
07-03-2008, 04:07 AM
Better yet, steal their frequent flyer Miles.

sabar
07-03-2008, 05:02 AM
This plan is too good to not do.

Brutalis
07-03-2008, 05:06 AM
Even if they did this, which they wouldn't.. it is not our style..with our luck it would somehow come back to bite us. You know this to be true Obi Wan.

rascal
07-03-2008, 06:05 AM
This thread looked crazy at first but after some research, TDMVPDPOY may be on to something. If the Spurs are pissed about Batum, all they need to do is sign Miles, let him play some garbage time action and that would force Miles to once again count against the Blazers' salary cap. It could actually end up costing the Blazers a good amount of cap space :lol

It's unlikely but I wouldn't put it past CIA Pop to try to screw over a team who may be trying to circumvent the rules while at the same time trying to settle a grudge.

:drunk Why would they have a grudge? If they wanted Batum so much they could have drafted Arthur and worked out a trade with Houston.
They opted instead for Hill.

montgod
07-03-2008, 06:31 AM
you can't be for real.

Actually according to this article... he doesn't look too ridiculous at all:

http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindblazersbeat/2008/07/darius_miles_faces_10game_susp.html

Darius Miles faces 10-game suspension
Posted by Jason Quick, The Oregonian July 02, 2008 17:04PM
Categories: NBA
Darius Miles, the former Trail Blazers forward who is looking for employment within the NBA, will be a little less attractive to teams today after it was learned that Miles is subject to a 10-game suspension for violating the league's Anti-Drug program.

It is not known for what substance Miles tested positive, but in the NBA's Collective Bargaining Agreement, it states a player can receive a 10-game suspension for testing positive once for performance-enhancing drugs or for his fourth positive test of marijuana.

Players are randomly tested four times a year, from Oct. 1 through June 30. After the first positive test for marijuana a player is entered into the league's substance abuse program. The second positive test carries a $25,000 fine. The third a five-game suspension and the fourth a 10-game suspension, with each subsequent positive test carrying a five-game incremental suspension.

Miles has not played in an NBA game in two years, so it is not known when, or if, he was suspended five games during that time.

Although the Blazers waived Miles in April after an independent doctor ruled Miles' injuries to his right knee were career ending, the 10-game suspension is still relevant to the team. The Blazers will pay Miles the remaining $27.25 million of his contract, but his salary does not count against the Blazers' salary cap. However, if Miles returns to the NBA and plays in 10 games in one season in either of the next two seasons, his salary goes back onto the Blazers' books.

The suspension figures to make Miles even more damaged goods for a team interested in signing him. It is unclear whether Miles is trying to make a comeback, although it was rumored that he has been working out in Phoenix. His agent, Jeff Wechsler, did not return a phone message on Wednesday. No player has ever come back to the NBA after being deemed to have a career-ending injury.

ShoogarBear
07-03-2008, 06:37 AM
Good idea. Would support it even more if the thread title was "Spurs to screw tlongII".

mrspurs
07-03-2008, 07:11 AM
if you screw with someone.......it will come back to haunt you one day.....life is too good to waste it on screwing ppl.....well except those who have wonderful wives....

Solid D
07-03-2008, 07:50 AM
It would be nice to know how highly rated Batum is with the Spurs. How "disappointed" were they when the Rockets announced their pick? Good question to ask RC or one of the other Spurs' staff members in Vegas during some Summer League breaks in the action.

montgod
07-03-2008, 08:05 AM
It would be nice to know how highly rated Batum is with the Spurs. How "disappointed" were they when the Rockets announced their pick? Good question to ask RC or one of the other Spurs' staff members in Vegas during some Summer League breaks in the action.

Either we will never know... or it won't come out till years later just like when we heard that Duncan told Pop to take Josh Howard... and we passed for someone else or traded out.

MoSpur
07-03-2008, 08:21 AM
If we sign Miles, Maggette, and Richardson, we'd have the head thumping going on here. Do it Pop.

TDMVPDPOY
07-03-2008, 11:33 AM
i do it just to get them out of the sweepstakes 2010

and i dont like to see them dominating with that roster of theres hahahah

curtismedellin
07-03-2008, 11:37 AM
Actually according to this article... he doesn't look too ridiculous at all:

Miles has not played in an NBA game in two years, so it is not known when, or if, he was suspended five games during that time.

Although the Blazers waived Miles in April after an independent doctor ruled Miles' injuries to his right knee were career ending, the 10-game suspension is still relevant to the team. The Blazers will pay Miles the remaining $27.25 million of his contract, but his salary does not count against the Blazers' salary cap. However, if Miles returns to the NBA and plays in 10 games in one season in either of the next two seasons, his salary goes back onto the Blazers' books.

The suspension figures to make Miles even more damaged goods for a team interested in signing him. It is unclear whether Miles is trying to make a comeback, although it was rumored that he has been working out in Phoenix. His agent, Jeff Wechsler, did not return a phone message on Wednesday. No player has ever come back to the NBA after being deemed to have a career-ending injury.

Actually he does.

The Spurs have a record as an outstanding franchise/organization who have dealt with NBA talent and it's people in a honest and fair way. A move to intentionally screw up another organization and stain an impeccable reputation would make no sense.

What future organization/player would want to deal with them in the future??? What player would be enticed to sign with them knowing they (Spurs FO) were capable of being dirty and underhanded???

Too much to lose for one selfish act.

jay014
07-03-2008, 11:44 AM
u idiot

sign him to 3 10-day contracts, is enough to play 10 games, and portland is fuckd with us

Can't sign him to 3 10 day contracts. After the 2nd one he has to be signed for the remainder of the season.

Obstructed_View
07-03-2008, 12:06 PM
If roster space weren't at a premium, I'd kind of get a kick out of seeing them do it, and cut him loose before the contracts are guaranteed. That's kind of a fucked up way of dealing with people, though, and it's beneath the dignity of the Spurs.

Fun to talk about, though.

Man In Black
07-03-2008, 12:09 PM
I say sign him. He can't be any worse than Dermarr Johnson and it's not like the Spurs haven't done enough for Portland. They were the ones that taught Kevin Pritchard, and then they got Monty Williams as an Asst. Coach and finally, they took the player that the Spurs REALLY wanted(Although I think the George Hill pickup was money.)

If the team was say...Dallas and Mark Cuban, would anyone have an issue with this?

fotan2
07-03-2008, 12:24 PM
it's not a good idea that builds up another enemy .

coopdogg3
07-03-2008, 12:29 PM
The best thing would be for Phoenix to sign him. They get a crappy player, make an enemy of Portland (who has a billionaire owner willing to spend money), and Portland's cap space goes bye-bye.

Marcus Bryant
07-03-2008, 12:33 PM
http://images.smarter.com/blogs/odendog.jpg

Marcus Bryant
07-03-2008, 12:34 PM
http://www.midcountymemo.com/images/blogimages/SeungJinHa1.jpg

TDMVPDPOY
07-03-2008, 01:04 PM
i say pop should do it,

reason? DEREK ANDERSON MY.LOYALTY BOLTED to the blazers when he was FA

pjjrfan
07-03-2008, 01:57 PM
Didn't the reporters in the room with the Spurs on draft day say that they cheered when Houston took Batum? It doesn't seem like they were dissappointed unless they had planned that way to throw everyone off, somehow I just don't see that.

Spurtacus
07-03-2008, 03:19 PM
If not Spurs, somebody should sign him. Screw Portland over.

Jlowd21
07-03-2008, 03:22 PM

Oden must have been buying alcohol when he was 12

BlackSwordsMan
07-03-2008, 03:30 PM
:confused:

BlackSwordsMan
07-03-2008, 03:31 PM
note
*Go bleach manga!!
One piece is better but bleach is good too.

Taking it to the Hole
07-03-2008, 06:15 PM
Why on Earth would you even consider this? Oh yeah, bring a cancer into a healthy body...nothing will happen.

curtismedellin
07-04-2008, 01:33 AM
Can't sign him to 3 10 day contracts. After the 2nd one he has to be signed for the remainder of the season.

Like i said before someone needs to do thier homework before they look ridiculous.

rayray2k8
07-04-2008, 02:45 AM
One piece is better but bleach is good too.

One Piece is the shit!
But right now, Im into the Bleach and Naruto manga.

Tully365
07-04-2008, 02:37 PM
Interesting news: the Celtics brought in Miles for a workout.

http://news.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view/2008_07_04_C_s_work_on_Posey__work_out_others/srvc=home&position=also

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-04-2008, 02:41 PM

Oden with his present on his 5th birthday.

Indazone
07-04-2008, 03:41 PM
This thread is funny!

bobbybob0
07-08-2008, 06:36 PM
That is about to happen without the help of the Spurs FO :lol

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/07/08/darius-miles-could-really-screw-the-blazers/

TDMVPDPOY
08-22-2008, 12:07 PM
hey news just in

the celtics has signed miles to a undisclosed amount contract.....

plz play 10 games miles hahahahahahhahaa

source from realgm..

Solid D
08-22-2008, 12:14 PM
Interesting. Meanwhile, the Spurs should be concerned about getting past Portland in the playoffs this coming season. They just need some consistency and maturity on that ballclub. 'They good.

wildbill2u
08-22-2008, 12:16 PM

:drunk

Sorry, but I can't see the Spurs holding a grudge because some team works a deal in the draft to obtain a player before they could draft him. That is part of the system. Shame on the Spurs if they couldn't figure out a deal coming and trade up to guarantee their preference (if Batum really was their heartfelt draft choice)

And what team FO in their right mind would want to start this type of intercine war in the first place? I don't remember any team trying this type of cutthroat ploy ever. Even as pissed as Cleveland was over the Boozer debacle, I don't think they'll retaliate against Utah.

TDMVPDPOY
08-22-2008, 12:19 PM
in other news

theo ratliff has sign with 76s for an undisclosed amount, prob the min

lefty
08-22-2008, 12:54 PM
Good idea.

If Tlong says something like that, you know we shouldn't get Miles

tlongII
08-22-2008, 12:55 PM
hey news just in

the celtics has signed miles to a undisclosed amount contract.....

plz play 10 games miles hahahahahahhahaa

source from realgm..

I think they're just bringing him in for training camp fodder. I doubt he'll make the team. If he does, good for him.

tlongII
08-22-2008, 12:56 PM
Who gives a shit about the Blazers anyway, their not going to make the playoffs anyway. They cant even start the season without injuries. They have players that get serious injuries without even playing... DAMN!!! Oh, and fuck Manu... I hope his ankle gets gangrene or some type of flesh eating disease:lol

Not only will we make the playoffs, but we're going to kick some Laker ASS!

mrspurs
08-22-2008, 01:04 PM

I wouldnt worry at all about this thread. Pop isnt that stupid. :wow

bigdog
08-22-2008, 03:03 PM
I actually think he can make the Celtics roster and play at least 10 games.

Word is he really impressed the C's in workouts this offseason and even impressed some other teams, too. I hope the C's can screw the Blazers for us.

tlongII
08-22-2008, 03:42 PM
I actually think he can make the Celtics roster and play at least 10 games.

Word is he really impressed the C's in workouts this offseason and even impressed some other teams, too. I hope the C's can screw the Blazers for us.

Why do you want to screw us. It couldn't be because of Batum. After all, everyone on this site said you guys were targeting George Hill all along. :lol

wisnub
08-22-2008, 11:29 PM
Which one is better...Miles or Bonner? wait...they dont even play same position. Might as well play ESPN 2k9..got TP on the cover

Mr. Body
08-22-2008, 11:32 PM
Why do you want to screw us. It couldn't be because of Batum. After all, everyone on this site said you guys were targeting George Hill all along. :lol

Well, not everyone. I was one of the correct ones.

Obstructed_View
07-06-2015, 09:27 AM
"If you wait by the river long enough, the bodies of your enemies will float by." - Sun Tzu

GSH
07-06-2015, 09:55 AM
"If you wait by the river long enough, the bodies of your enemies will float by." - Sun Tzu

:toast

Excellent quote, and great use of the Deep Dig. Revenge is a dish best served cold.