PDA

View Full Version : Charley Rosen: Maggette and Spurs!!!

lebomb
07-03-2008, 07:53 AM
Corey Maggette

"Used to be that Maggette always played hard at both ends of the court, but he's succumbed to the temptations of being in Star City too long. Clearly, Maggette needs (and will get) a change of scenery.

San Antonio would be the best landing spot for both him and the Spurs. A new environment of superior coaching, championship-caliber players, and truly devoted fans would undoubtedly rekindle Maggette's passion for the game. At the same time, his youthful talents would immediately spur San Antonio to recapture the rapture."

OH GOD, I hope so!!!!! :lobt2:

m33p0
07-03-2008, 07:58 AM
number 1 on santa's wish list: maggette to the spurs.

Brutalis
07-03-2008, 08:12 AM
So in other words: Not a got damn thing has changed since yesterday.

NuGGeTs-FaN
07-03-2008, 08:22 AM
Rosen is a douche......... he writes the worst crap in the world. Of course Spurs would be good for Maggette........ but 'devoted fans' ? LOL This forum has 50 people jumping ship after every loss..........
:smokin

lebomb
07-03-2008, 08:23 AM
Rosen is a douche......... he writes the worst crap in the world. Of course Spurs would be good for Maggette........ but 'devoted fans' ? LOL This forum has 50 people jumping ship after every loss..........

STFU and go back to the mountains. :rolleyes

NuGGeTs-FaN
07-03-2008, 09:14 AM

you think Rosen is a good journalist? He makes Hoopsworld look like an official outlet for NBA news.

Ocotillo
07-03-2008, 09:18 AM
It's an opinion piece, not news. There is a difference.

NuGGeTs-FaN
07-03-2008, 09:20 AM
unfortunately his opinions suck 99.9% of the time. How hard is it to figure out that the Spurs and Maggette are good for each other?

Can't believe some people get paid for pointing out the thing that everyone else already knows.

hater
07-03-2008, 09:24 AM
unfortunately his opinions suck 99.9% of the time. How hard is it to figure out that the Spurs and Maggette are good for each other?

Can't believe some people get paid for pointing out the thing that everyone else already knows.

at least Rosen doesn't troll other team's forums

NuGGeTs-FaN
07-03-2008, 09:27 AM
you don't think so? I bet he visits more forums than you and i put together.

I don't get offended by the 'troll' tag coz i'm not a douche poster. All i have said in this thread is the truth. Can you honestly tell me he isn't a horrible journalist? Can you honestly tell me that there isn't a heap of panic threads made on Spurstalk after every loss ?

I'm part of the furniture here now :smokin I'll probably be around longer than most posters here coz i'm sure this forum will be less popular when it comes to the point of the Spurs declining even just a little.

lotr1trekkie
07-03-2008, 09:44 AM
Nugget's fan is too bitter about Rosen Seems to me Rosen must have written more than one piece panning the Nuggets---where the inmates run the asylum. Rosen comes from the old school when the coach talks and the players execute i.e. Willis Reed Knicks, Walton Trailblazers and now Duncan Spurs! If the Nugs aren't the most undisciplined team in the league than which is. Camby, Melo , Iverson, Martin and JR--- If that ain't the NBA Version of "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" what is? Maybe Jack Nicholson will replace Karl by midseason.

jag
07-03-2008, 10:02 AM
Wow, you're a tool. All Rosen said was that it'd be a nice fit...he doesn't know any more than Hoopsworld.

Spuradicator
07-03-2008, 10:04 AM
So in other words: Not a got damn thing has changed since yesterday.

NuGGeTs-FaN
07-03-2008, 10:05 AM
Nugget's fan is too bitter about Rosen Seems to me Rosen must have written more than one piece panning the Nuggets---where the inmates run the asylum. Rosen comes from the old school when the coach talks and the players execute i.e. Willis Reed Knicks, Walton Trailblazers and now Duncan Spurs! If the Nugs aren't the most undisciplined team in the league than which is. Camby, Melo , Iverson, Martin and JR--- If that ain't the NBA Version of "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" what is? Maybe Jack Nicholson will replace Karl by midseason.

rosen hates pretty much every NBA team and writes bad crap about alot of them. Yeh sure he hates the Nuggets but he has no basis to back up most his comments. He is just a douche, plain and simple.

Find me someone who thinks Rosen is good.

YODA
07-03-2008, 10:31 AM

Yes,,I agree Rosen does have some wild opinions at times, but thats his job. For pointing things out that everyone knows, now thats a little different. While people with a high basketball IQ may know the Spurs are the best fit, the avg basketball fan would have no idea and Rosen writes for the avg fan, which happens to be millions more people then high IQ fans.
:downspin:

NuGGeTs-FaN
07-03-2008, 10:37 AM
:lol so true. I guess i just assume that most fans are ones with a decent bball IQ but i 4get that so many are just casual bandwagon fans

S_A_Longhorn
07-03-2008, 10:46 AM
Find me someone who thinks Rosen is good.

Hey, I'm right here. Rosen is the only sports writer outside of SA that I can actually name. I enjoyed his write-ups following the playoff games, and he was the one national jounalist who praised the Spurs.

His playoff game breakdown was pretty good.

Mr. Body
07-03-2008, 10:51 AM
Rosen's pretty good. He overwrites at times, overpraises Phil Jackson too many times, but he has good insight into the game.

TheMadHatter
07-03-2008, 10:53 AM
Rosen's playoff breakdowns are usually spot on. He's one of the good ones.

Your Nuggets are a joke of a team and deserve to be called out. Stop crying.

Spur-Addict
07-03-2008, 10:56 AM

Did you say, mountains? :nutkick:

rd4jRk1Pncg

NuGGeTs-FaN
07-03-2008, 11:03 AM
Rosen's playoff breakdowns are usually spot on. He's one of the good ones.

Your Nuggets are a joke of a team and deserve to be called out. Stop crying.

You just prove my point about most fans being bandwagoners. You probably jumped on the Lakers bandwagon after they got to the finals.

Heck you still have a sig with news that has been dead for nearly a week. In other words, your slow.

rayray2k8
07-03-2008, 11:10 AM
Corey Maggette

"Used to be that Maggette always played hard at both ends of the court, but he's succumbed to the temptations of being in Star City too long. Clearly, Maggette needs (and will get) a change of scenery.

San Antonio would be the best landing spot for both him and the Spurs. A new environment of superior coaching, championship-caliber players, and truly devoted fans would undoubtedly rekindle Maggette's passion for the game. At the same time, his youthful talents would immediately spur San Antonio to recapture the rapture."

OH GOD, I hope so!!!!! :lobt2:

Where the hell's the link???
Stop posting misleading titles, you idiot.
Spurs fans and their stupid pipedreams.

lebomb
07-03-2008, 11:13 AM
Where the hell's the link???
Stop posting misleading titles, you idiot.
Spurs fans and their stupid pipedreams.

Here ya go dumbshit...............:rolleyes

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/8305382/From-Davis-to-Artest,-what-free-agents-are-worth

rayray2k8
07-03-2008, 11:16 AM
Here ya go dumbshit...............:rolleyes

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/8305382/From-Davis-to-Artest,-what-free-agents-are-worth

You should have posted the link at the top, fucktard.
:rolleyes

lebomb
07-03-2008, 11:18 AM
You should have posted the link at the top, fucktard.
:rolleyes

Tell me how my ass taste!!!! :flipoff

rayray2k8
07-03-2008, 11:26 AM
Struck a nerve there, huh? :lol
Are you done now with your attention whore threads?
Serioulsy, you're the same guy that posted "what CP3 would have done had he won"
and had a video of Carlton from "Fresh Prince" doing the "carlton dance"...

Your posting privileges should be limited to 1 a day.

lebomb
07-03-2008, 11:32 AM
Struck a nerve there, huh? :lol
Are you done now with your attention whore threads?
Serioulsy, you're the same guy that posted "what CP3 would have done had he won"
and had a video of Carlton from "Fresh Prince" doing the "carlton dance"...

Your posting privileges should be limited to 1 a day.

LMAO, Uhh.....that wasnt me my man. :lmao

rayray2k8
07-03-2008, 11:59 AM
Hmmmm. Must have been that UTSA bird that made me think
that you were him. :P

Obstructed_View
07-03-2008, 12:02 PM
Here's Maggette's opinion piece...

"Hey, one of these teams is gonna offer me more money than all the other ones, and if that team has a chance to make the playoffs I can say that I went there because they have a winning attitude."

SpursChampsIII
07-03-2008, 12:03 PM

You don't need to concern yourself with Spur fans. Worry about your own annual one-and-out gangsta squad and arena with the piped-in fan noise.

Your team does not matter.

Look at it: :lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

SpursChampsIII
07-03-2008, 12:08 PM

SLAAAAAP! :lmao:lmao:lmao

:nutkick:

wisnub
07-03-2008, 12:20 PM
I respect Denver fans hanging in here. I wont say bad words for your team. I guest positive comments will benefit this forum as a whole. We need Magette, and SA is a good place for him everybody knows that. Manu even will give his starting role to Magette just in case he didnt take bench role. Now, thats unselfish player right there, not just a guy who can trhow assist and called himself unselfish (Not pointing finger on any player though)

spursfan09
07-03-2008, 05:10 PM

please, most of the devoted fans don't even have computers...

I'm just sayin....

duncan2k5
07-03-2008, 05:22 PM

LMAOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! woulda been much more funnier had he been a laker fan, but still a funny reply...