PDA

View Full Version : damn!

koriwhat
07-03-2008, 10:44 AM
i want some "real" news about this off season already. i am so sick of every off season being nothing but speculation and then disappointment. damnit!

this is almost as bad as when i was a kid and used to count down the weeks to my birthdays. oh god the suspense!

MarHill
07-03-2008, 10:47 AM
You have to be patient! These things take time......all the Spurs can do is put their best foot forward and it's on Corey Maggette to decide if he wants to come here.

xtremesteven33
07-03-2008, 10:48 AM
i feel you man.

i get a feeling we wont get a decision out of maggette for a while

Darkwaters
07-03-2008, 10:49 AM
Whats, perhaps, most curious is we've heard virtually nothing about the negotiations with with Spurs' FA's other than Barry.

I'm curious to know whats the future of Finley and especially Thomas.

xtremesteven33
07-03-2008, 10:52 AM
Whats, perhaps, most curious is we've heard virtually nothing about the negotiations with with Spurs' FA's other than Barry.

I'm curious to know whats the future of Finley and especially Thomas.

i was watching don harris last night and hes said sources told him that the spurs would like to sign finley again but all that finleys agents would say is

"Finley has loved playing for the spurs organization for the past 3 years"

lefty
07-03-2008, 10:52 AM
Koriwhat, forget it.....

No big name is coming to SA...

Corey won't be a Spur

koriwhat
07-03-2008, 10:59 AM
Koriwhat, forget it.....

No big name is coming to SA...

Corey won't be a Spur

maggette would be awesome but that's not even what i am talking about in this thread... i just want some real news about my spurs and not all these speculations and opinions coming out of the media and fans alike.

i hate the off season!

loveforthegame
07-03-2008, 10:59 AM
i was watching don harris last night and hes said sources told him that the spurs would like to sign finley again but all that finleys agents would say is

"Finley has loved playing for the spurs organization for the past 3 years"

I'm sure Finley would like to return but he probably doesn't want to sit at the end of the bench and possibly be an IR guy most the season. I don't think he cares about starting or money but if he can go to a team that will offer some more minutes I think he will.

If they sign Maggette (or another starter), and Delfino (or someone else) then there won't be any minutes left over. Bowen-MLE-Ginobli-Udoka-LLE will all come before Finley.

Indazone
07-03-2008, 11:02 AM
waiting for it....Daryl Morey pulls off last minute theatrics and signs

COREY MAGETTE!!

LOL

xtremesteven33
07-03-2008, 11:04 AM
can you all just envision the sight of maggette as a spur?

can you imagine hearing stan kelly announcing his name in the starting lineup?

rayray2k8
07-03-2008, 11:14 AM
Get use to the disapointment.
Spurs fans usually have high hopes, only to get the crushed in the end.

You guys are gonna to be in a world of hurt when Maggette doesnt sign
with the spurs.
It's almost as if some of you are now EXPECTING him to sign with San Antonio.
:lol

xtremesteven33
07-03-2008, 11:16 AM
Get use to the disapointment.
Spurs fans usually have high hopes, only to get the crushed in the end.

You guys are gonna to be in a world of hurt when Maggette doesnt sign
with the spurs.
It's almost as if some of you are now EXPECTING him to sign with San Antonio.
:lol

"hes got hiiiiiigh hopes, hes got hiiiiiigh hopes....

rAm
07-03-2008, 11:16 AM
can you all just envision the sight of maggette as a spur?

can you imagine hearing stan kelly announcing his name in the starting lineup?

I just thought about him announcing it and my head almost exploded.

Kori Ellis
07-03-2008, 11:22 AM
:lol @ people acting like Maggette is LeBron

Oh... and to the original poster, this moratorium time when teams can talk to players but not sign yet is always so frustrating. But at least it's a short period... players can start signing on the 9th. Remember when it was really, really long a few years ago? Now that sucked!

CubanMustGo
07-03-2008, 11:23 AM
I'm sure Finley would like to return but he probably doesn't want to sit at the end of the bench and possibly be an IR guy most the season. I don't think he cares about starting or money but if he can go to a team that will offer some more minutes I think he will.

If they sign Maggette (or another starter), and Delfino (or someone else) then there won't be any minutes left over. Bowen-MLE-Ginobli-Udoka-LLE will all come before Finley.

SA paid Fin vet minimum the last two years cuz he was getting like 15 large from Mark Cuban. Well, the Cuban gravytrain is finally gone and if you think Fin wants to go from $17M to $2M to stay in SA in any capacity you have another thing coming.

Fin will test the waters and if nobody offers him a better deal will then come back to RC and Pop. But if he gets a better offer it's sayonara SA.

xtremesteven33
07-03-2008, 11:27 AM
:lol @ people acting like Maggette is LeBron

Oh... and to the original poster, this moratorium time when teams can talk to players but not sign yet is always so frustrating. But at least it's a short period... players can start signing on the 9th. Remember when it was really, really long a few years ago? Now that sucked!

we dont think or act like hes lebron, we just know he is a key missing piece to our problems.:wow

koriwhat
07-03-2008, 11:29 AM
Remember when it was really, really long a few years ago? Now that sucked!

oh yeah... long drawn out summers of whatifs. when i was a kid speculation was all greg simmons was about. i hate simmons btw. i could not stand the long drought of real spurs news when i was young because simmons was always the only one who had anything to do with spurs "news" and it was always mumbojumbo with him. hahaha.

ah damn off season.

AC#21_TD ERA
07-03-2008, 09:53 PM
TIM DUNCAN GET ON THE PHONE TO MAGETTE AND TRY TO CONVINCE HIM THAT THIS IS THE RIGHT PLACE FOR HIM TO EARN HIS NAME IN HISTORY.
:lobt2: