PDA

View Full Version : Torn Meniscus

Southwest Texas Fan
07-03-2008, 12:21 PM
Has anyone ever had surgery for this or had a problem with a torn meniscus.

Extra Stout
07-03-2008, 12:22 PM
Tim Duncan.

CosmicCowboy
07-03-2008, 12:28 PM
Twice for ACL. Twice for meniscus. No big deal. Scope and trim, rehab. Repeat as necessary.

Get knee replacement later when you finally run out of meniscus.

Southwest Texas Fan
07-03-2008, 12:30 PM
Twice for ACL. Twice for meniscus. No big deal. Scope and trim, rehab. Repeat as necessary.

Get knee replacement later when you finally run out of meniscus.

Are you serious?

CosmicCowboy
07-03-2008, 12:33 PM
Yep. Do your rehab. I was still skiing double blacks after 4 scope jobs.

Southwest Texas Fan
07-03-2008, 12:43 PM
Well I haven't had surgery but know that i'm exerciseing, again it really seems to bother me. I will be seeing my doctor in a few weeks to see what he recommends. Anway after your surgery was weight training or cardio a problem?

CosmicCowboy
07-03-2008, 12:58 PM
The surgery isn't shit. You are just sore for a few days. Leg lifts and inclined leg lifts by the thousands to get your knee tight and balanced again. Cardio wasn't an issue. You can always do rowing machines etc. till your knee is 100%.

Ballcox
07-03-2008, 01:17 PM
Two scope jobs for torn meniscus when I was playing college ball, shit happened during the season both times-just dealt with the pain and had the scope jobs after the season.

No big deal, it's a quick procedure-just make sure to do the rehab so you get you knee back to full strength. I also knew a few guys who had meniscus problems and just let the knee rest and didn't need surgery.