PDA

View Full Version : Mavericks Sign Gerald Green

SPURSGOAT
07-03-2008, 01:50 PM
The Dallas Mavericks announced today that they have signed free agent guard/forward Gerald Green. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Green (6-8, 200) is a three-year veteran with career averages of 8.1 points and 2.2 rebounds in 143 games. Originally the 18th overall selection in the 2005 NBA Draft by the Celtics, Green played his first two seasons in Boston before being traded to Minnesota on July 31, 2007. Green began the 2007-08 campaign with the Timberwolves before being traded to Houston on Feb. 21, 2008.

“We’re really excited about the addition of Gerald Green to the Mavericks family,” President of Basketball Operations Donnie Nelson said. “He possesses youth, athleticism and is a young player we think has real upside.”

http://www.hoopsworld.com/HeadlineStories.html

It's HoopsWorld, but if it's true... I think we could have landed him; he would have been a good fit for us. oh well guess we will keep waiting for Maggette til sometime next week when he finally makes up his mind.... :bang

T Park
07-03-2008, 01:54 PM
It's HoopsWorld, but if it's true... I think we could have landed him; he would have been a good fit for us. oh well guess we will keep waiting for Maggette til sometime next week when he finally makes up his mind....

Green sucks, step off the ledge.

MavDynasty
07-03-2008, 01:55 PM
old news and hes a dumbass,too much of a dumbass for the spurs

tav1
07-03-2008, 01:57 PM
Man, things keep getting worse for the Mavs: Kidd trade (sucks), Diop contract (sucks), and now Green (sucks). What's up, do you think they're trying to lose ground?

Obstructed_View
07-03-2008, 01:59 PM
Is Green really that bad? I thought it was a decent pickup. Granted, he didn't seem to be on anybody's radar...

SPURSGOAT
07-03-2008, 02:04 PM
Actually have always thought his game was decent... at least decent enough for coming off the bench...yea old news... I just saw this and kinda got a bit crazy since it feels like the Spurs are not going to be get anyone waiting on Maggette...

T Park
07-03-2008, 02:06 PM
Actually have always thought his game was decent... at least decent enough for coming off the bench...yea old news... I just saw this and kinda got a bit crazy since it feels like the Spurs are not going to be get anyone waiting on Maggette...

and people would bitch if they were standing pat.

Spurs can't win.

Marcus Bryant
07-03-2008, 02:11 PM
I guess he received their LLE.

MoSpur
07-03-2008, 02:13 PM
He's very athletic and that is about it. His shot is decent at best. He can improve, but we'll see.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-03-2008, 02:19 PM
I guess he received their LLE.

It was for the minimum, actually.

bigfish22
07-03-2008, 02:20 PM
Were we going after this guy?

koriwhat
07-03-2008, 02:25 PM
move this shit to the bball section. what's with people not understanding that this is the spurs section and no one gives a damn about the mavs anyhow.

Tully365
07-03-2008, 02:27 PM
That's a good pick-up for the minimum. Not much risk involved, and there's potential there. Back when the Garnett trade was made, a lot of people thought of Green as the second best piece after Jefferson.
I can't believe Cuban couldn't sign Diop for 4 mil a year. The entire MLE on a guy who plays 15-20 mpg is a lot of money.

coopdogg3
07-03-2008, 02:28 PM
If you don't want to read a thread about the Mavs signing Gerald Green, I would recommend not opening a thread entitled "Mavericks Sign Gerald Green."

DPG21920
07-03-2008, 02:30 PM
No risk (minimum contract) possibly very high reward. He is only 22 and has shown finishing ability along with 3-point range. No work ethic and still kind of raw, but has potential. Very smart sign by the Mavs.

DPG21920
07-03-2008, 02:32 PM
The thread has much relevance, considering the Mavs are our rivals and in our own division. So the signings they have greatly impact the Spurs future. I bet you would not bitch if the thread was "Mavs sign Amare Stoudemire" because that player interests you. Get off your high horse.

koriwhat
07-03-2008, 02:46 PM
If you don't want to read a thread about the Mavs signing Gerald Green, I would recommend not opening a thread entitled "Mavericks Sign Gerald Green."

i would recommend the poster to post in the right place. duh!

don't tell me not to open a thread in the spurs section because well every thread in here should be spurs related which this one isn't.

koriwhat
07-03-2008, 02:47 PM
The thread has much relevance, considering the Mavs are our rivals and in our own division. So the signings they have greatly impact the Spurs future. I bet you would not bitch if the thread was "Mavs sign Amare Stoudemire" because that player interests you. Get off your high horse.

no actually fuck amare!

i go into the bball section to read about other teams and whatnot... i don't go into the bball section to look up spurs threads because i know there's a spurs section for that.

and mavs haven't been our rivals since '06. you can't get out of the 1st round you ain't a rival!

DPG21920
07-03-2008, 02:49 PM
Do you have all your little socks and underwears (probably thongs) all perfectly folded and color coded in order in all your drawers...

koriwhat
07-03-2008, 02:51 PM
Do you have all your little socks and underwears (probably thongs) all perfectly folded and color coded in order in all your drawers...

hahaha.. we have a comedian here.

DPG21920
07-03-2008, 02:51 PM
It is called drawing reference. Lets walk you through it. At first glance the Mavs have nothing to do with the Spurs. But wait...Mavs play in the southwest division, so do the Spurs! There is a connection!

FromWayDowntown
07-03-2008, 02:52 PM

don't tell me not to open a thread in the spurs section because well every thread in here should be spurs related which this one isn't.

Will you please post your guidelines for deciding what should and shouldn't be posted in the Spurs forum?

I just want to be sure to ignore it in the future.

FromWayDowntown
07-03-2008, 02:53 PM

And a thread entitled "Mavericks Sign Gerald Green" should tell you that the relationship to the Spurs is a bit tangential.

With that, what's with the sudden growth of self-appointed forum police around here?

DPG21920
07-03-2008, 02:54 PM
Do you have a frame of reference? Then your out of your element...Donny, your out of your element.

koriwhat
07-03-2008, 02:54 PM
It is called drawing reference. Lets walk you through it. At first glance the Mavs have nothing to do with the Spurs. But wait...Mavs play in the southwest division, so do the Spurs! There is a connection!

connection would be more like... "spurs aquire blah from mavs in a sign and trade". mavs aquiring bs green has nothing to do with the spurs. rivals or not. every freakin team is a rival of every freakin team! get it straight. doesn't mean we need to know who everyone in aquiring. it makes it harder to run through this section of the forum for relevant spurs info when yall are bogging it down with pussy mav info or other team info like beno fuckin udrih bs.

koriwhat
07-03-2008, 02:58 PM
And a thread entitled "Mavericks Sign Gerald Green" should tell you that the relationship to the Spurs is a bit tangential.

With that, what's with the sudden growth of self-appointed forum police around here?

i'm not trying to police this place but damn... i mean i have gone through many threads just today that have nothing to do with the spurs in the spurs section. come on now.

oh wait it's you fwdt. i might not wanna f-around with you or i might get banned again. hahaha. last time i hurt your feelings so i must refrain.

DPG21920
07-03-2008, 02:58 PM
Every team is a rival of every team, so in fact there is no rival, only ones self...how existential

FromWayDowntown
07-03-2008, 03:00 PM
oh wait it's you fwdt. i might not wanna f-around with you or i might get banned again. hahaha. last time i hurt your feelings so i must refrain.

If you've been banned, it hasn't been because of me.

And I don't recall ever having my feelings hurt around here -- it's an f'n forum, after all.

koriwhat
07-03-2008, 03:00 PM
Do you have a frame of reference? Then your out of your element...Donny, your out of your element.

wow you're one of those people... live & die by quoting movies.

koriwhat
07-03-2008, 03:01 PM
If you've been banned, it hasn't been because of me.

And I don't recall ever having my feelings hurt around here -- it's an f'n forum, after all.

:toast

DPG21920
07-03-2008, 03:09 PM
No only in select case do I choose to quote movies, this fit the bill. All of my other posts have been non movie in essence. You are one of those people who live and die by complaining about forum etiquette.

koriwhat
07-03-2008, 03:13 PM
No only in select case do I choose to quote movies, this fit the bill. All of my other posts have been non movie in essence. You are one of those people who live and die by complaining about forum etiquette.

no actually today has been probably the only time i've bitched about threads being in the wrong place. i could care less about forum etiquette. i just think it's silly that i have opened numerous threads today in this spurs section that aren't relevant to what the spurs FO or spurs in general are doing.

carry on...

Kori Ellis
07-03-2008, 03:14 PM
You all are damn edgy today. Maybe you should go to the Club and talk about who you want to fight on SpursTalk - http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100504 :lol

Anyway, as far whether the threads belong in the Spurs forum or not. I don't think many people care about Gerald Green ... so maybe this could have gone in the NBA forum. But during free agency, I kind of let it be a free for all. I figure the out of place threads will quickly fall off the page ... unless a bunch of guys decide to argue whether a thread belongs here or not ;) thus keeping it at the top of the page.

Jlowd21
07-03-2008, 03:17 PM
Is Green really that bad? I thought it was a decent pickup. Granted, he didn't seem to be on anybody's radar...

and he'll be in the dunk contest!!! :lol

koriwhat
07-03-2008, 03:18 PM
You all are damn edgy today. Maybe you should go to the Club and talk about who you want to fight on SpursTalk - http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100504 :lol

Anyway, as far whether the threads belong in the Spurs forum or not. I don't think many people care about Gerald Green ... so maybe this could have gone in the NBA forum. But during free agency, I kind of let it be a free for all. I figure the out of place threads will quickly fall off the page ... unless a bunch of guys decide to argue whether a thread belongs here or not ;) thus keeping it at the top of the page.

my bad kori. i gotta learn to control myself... :flag:

bigfish22
07-03-2008, 03:21 PM
Mavs play in the southwest division, so do the Spurs! There is a connection!

This logic is lame. Everything in the NBA can connect to the Spurs because they play in the same damn league. That's a connection!

Koriwhat is on point with his argument in this case. Too many damn threads about jack shit in here. I know its the offseason but come on! It might seem like OCD to some of you, but the more you ignore the purposes of forums, the more everything in here gets f***ed up and this board will start to look like any other unorganized piece of s*** forum on the web. Is that what you want this place to become?

bigfish22
07-03-2008, 03:22 PM
^ Thank you for the clarification Kori. I posted this after I read your post, so don't take it like I was writing in spite of what you said.

Kori Ellis
07-03-2008, 03:22 PM
This logic is lame. Everything in the NBA can connect to the Spurs because they play in the same damn league. That's a connection!

Koriwhat is on point with his argument in this case. Too many damn threads about jack shit in here. I know its the offseason but come on! It might seem like OCD to some of you, but the more you ignore the purposes of forums, the more everything in here gets f***ed up and this board will start to look like any other unorganized piece of s*** forum on the web. Is that what you want this place to become?

Thanks for one more post keeping it at the top of the page just to make my point :lol

I'll move it now.

[/forum police]

DPG21920
07-03-2008, 03:26 PM
my bad kori. i gotta learn to control myself... :flag:

carry on...

koriwhat
07-03-2008, 03:30 PM
hahahaha.

spursCostaRica
07-03-2008, 04:10 PM
no problem, we dont really care about the mavs, NO is the new force in the sothwest with da spurs, dont forget also the big chinesse...........sorry mavs its done!:nope

manufor3
07-03-2008, 08:39 PM
no problem, we dont really care about the mavs, NO is the new force in the sothwest with da spurs, dont forget also the big chinesse...........sorry mavs its done!:nope

ya, definitely if the warriors get Brand and the Blazers end up making the playoffs Denver and Dallas, in my opinion, would both miss the playoffs for years to come

mavsfan1000
07-03-2008, 08:42 PM
At least we got Diop back. We had a big hole at the center spot. Dampier is starting to suck and the bench was even worse at center. (Bass and Allan)