PDA

View Full Version : One Year Anniversary Help

macdude06
07-06-2008, 12:47 PM
Hey my one year anniversary is coming up soon with my gf. I'm tryin to find help on some ideas on what i should do. I've already done the jewlery thing for her bday, christmas, and valintines. I went all out on valentines day with a picnic, ring, and the clay walker show that night. Anyone have an suggestions on anything creative. Like where to eat and what to do?

Thanks for the help.:toast

SAtown
07-06-2008, 03:46 PM
Only one year and you're already buying jewelry for every occasion?

baseline bum
07-06-2008, 04:07 PM
Shit, make her buy you something this time.

KEDA
07-06-2008, 04:39 PM
How about a bed and breakfast weekend somewhere? or just a trip out of town period.

~Meg~

J.T.
07-06-2008, 05:34 PM
Only one year and you're already buying jewelry for every occasion?

"I put a spell on youuuuuu.....because you're miiiiiiiiinnnneeeee."

Hey if it keeps her putting out I don't see why not. If not then hit it or quit it.

J.T.
07-06-2008, 05:47 PM
At least you're not keeping score on how many months you've been dating. I hate that shit more than anything when your girlfriend asks you what today is, and you're like, uh September 22nd? And she pulls out the 1 month anniversary card. That shit is weeeeeeeeeeeeaksauce. Men don't keep score on months and weeks like that, and chances are a man starts keeping score from the moment he gets in her pants, not from the first day you met, the first time you went out together or kissed or whatever.

Just take her to Ruth Chris steakhouse or something. Nice expensive dinner will do the trick. Get some expensive wine too. If you're not old enough to get alcohol, mouse or Joe Chalupa would be glad to help. Or drive to San Marcos and drive me to the liquor store and I'll clean 'em out for you. Be sure to crush up an Ecstasy tablet and put it in her wine (watch "American Psycho", you'll see). That should make it worth your while since I've never met a girl who didn't get naked when on E.

Seems like 1 year anniversary is a little too soon for buying gifts on every holiday. Wait until you put a ring on her finger, half of assets become yours, she gives you a son (and if she gives you a daughter then keep trying till she gives you a son), and you have a big comfortable bed to rock her world in.

TheTruth
07-06-2008, 05:52 PM
Something simple. Take her to eat somewhere downtown, give her a teddy bear, and eat her vagina.

TheTruth
07-06-2008, 05:56 PM
Seriously though, take her to somewhere that you took her when you first started dating. Maybe even to the place you had your first date.

tlongII
07-06-2008, 09:23 PM
Weak. That's all I got to say. She's your gf, not your wife.

Fillmoe
07-06-2008, 09:30 PM
does she have the cock or you?

dirk4mvp
07-06-2008, 09:47 PM
Be sure to crush up an Ecstasy tablet and put it in her wine (watch "American Psycho", you'll see).

I've watched that movie about 4 times this weekend. great movie.

Kori Ellis
07-06-2008, 10:05 PM
Do something unique and romantic for her. It doesn't have to be expensive. The day that timvp and I got engaged, he had done a lot of cute, special things for me. He bought me a Princess Barbie doll, but he cut its hair and highlighted it (with a marker :lol) to look like me. He bought me stuffed animals to represent each of my dogs. He filled the bed with rose petals and cards, each with a hand written note, etc.

These are the things that I will remember for a lifetime (not that diamond rings and earrings and expensive shoes aren't good too)!

J.T.
07-06-2008, 10:11 PM
I'm not buying my imaginary girlfriend anything for our five year anniversary coming up next month. She's been cheating on me with my imaginary best friend, and now they both don't pick up my calls.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-06-2008, 10:24 PM
man, she must be your first lay. if she's all about the material things then you got the wrong lady.

RandomGuy
07-07-2008, 11:59 AM
Hey my one year anniversary is coming up soon with my gf. I'm tryin to find help on some ideas on what i should do. I've already done the jewlery thing for her bday, christmas, and valintines. I went all out on valentines day with a picnic, ring, and the clay walker show that night. Anyone have an suggestions on anything creative. Like where to eat and what to do?

Kori pretty much got it.

Do something thoughtful and simple. A quick day trip somewhere remote but comfortable is always good if you can afford it, and I would guess the jewelry purchases mean you can.

A day trip to a bed and breakfast in the Texas Hill Country would do the trick, depending on her tastes.

If you can cook a fair meal, that is always a good thing to make her happy. A quiet meal at home with some candles and conversation. Let her pick a movie to watch afterwards.

An anniversary should be a brief period of time to reflect on the relationship. Here is something that occurred to me of the top of my head:

A picture diary. Take some time and try to put together some pictures from places you have been together, any pictures of you two together, and things you have talked about doing together. Put it all into a little book, and add that to any other gifts you might want to buy.

There are lots of other things you can do, especially if she has a hobby or interest. Books, or just finding something to do that involves that hobby or interest are another way of showing that you have taken some time and put some thought into it.

Hope this helps. I like to think I have learned *something* about what makes women tick in my 13 years as a married guy.

to21
07-07-2008, 12:07 PM
Shit ur making it too hard.....

1 year anniversaries = Paper
2 year anniversaries = Cotton
3 year anniversaries = Leather

There, ur set for three years. Buy her a ream of paper this time.

RandomGuy
07-07-2008, 12:08 PM
http://www.hat.org/

Hospitality Accomodations of Texas.

Kind of a Bed and Breakfast version of the Better Business Bureau.
--------------------------------------------------
http://www.texasbedandbreakfast.com/

The above link is just for the New Braunfels area.

-----------------------------------------------
http://www.fredericksburg-lodging.com/

Fredericksburg is another nice spot, near a winery or two if memory serves. You could take a tour of a vineyard, and buy a unique Texas wine.

If wine is your thing, here are some wineries, most of which offer tours of some sort:
http://www.texaswinetrail.com/index.html

tlongII
07-07-2008, 12:12 PM
Shit ur making it too hard.....

1 year anniversaries = Paper
2 year anniversaries = Cotton
3 year anniversaries = Leather

There, ur set for three years. Buy her a ream of paper this time.

:tu

Los Spurs
07-07-2008, 02:00 PM
A nice dinner and a simple sweet gift...

lefty
07-07-2008, 02:36 PM

Tony, is that you?

Vinnie_Johnson
07-07-2008, 02:46 PM
Take her to dinner then see if she still gives head.:toast

macdude06
07-07-2008, 02:46 PM
No i'm not Tony.

But shit haha there is some funny shit on here. Thanks for all the serious replies on here though. I appreciate all the help

Los Spurs
07-07-2008, 03:10 PM
No i'm not Tony.

But shit haha there is some funny shit on here. Thanks for all the serious replies on here though. I appreciate all the help

Whatever you do, don't go with any of the silly replies that some of the guys put on here...

Us girls love nice and romantic things and giving head doesn't fall under that category :nope

to21
07-07-2008, 03:50 PM
Tony, is that you?No, I am.

easjer
07-07-2008, 04:25 PM
I appreciate the small things SFIE does way more than big fancy dinners. A card he wrote for me, or one he made. The flowers he bought, even though he hates cut flowers as too expensive and overly sentimental in the worst ways. When he listened to what I wanted and made an effort, even if it wasn't quite right.

In short, when he's made an effort for me, and it's clear that he is showing me his affection in a way he would not normally. I don't know your relationship, so I can't be more specific, but choosing a wine you know she would like, a spot that is romantic to the two of you (but not just expensive), recreating a meal you shared, or buying her favorite perfume even if you hate it. Something that shows you pay attention and that you love something that is unique to her. A special picture you have framed for her, or a cd that has a special song on it, etc.

to21
07-07-2008, 05:28 PM
I appreciate the small things SFIE does way more than big fancy dinners. A card he wrote for me, or one he made. The flowers he bought, even though he hates cut flowers as too expensive and overly sentimental in the worst ways. When he listened to what I wanted and made an effort, even if it wasn't quite right.

In short, when he's made an effort for me, and it's clear that he is showing me his affection in a way he would not normally. I don't know your relationship, so I can't be more specific, but choosing a wine you know she would like, a spot that is romantic to the two of you (but not just expensive), recreating a meal you shared, or buying her favorite perfume even if you hate it. Something that shows you pay attention and that you love something that is unique to her. A special picture you have framed for her, or a cd that has a special song on it, etc.Gay!

Dude go with the ream of paper.

Trust me.

mrsmaalox
07-07-2008, 11:10 PM
Whatever you do, don't go with any of the silly replies that some of the guys put on here...

Us girls love nice and romantic things and giving head doesn't fall under that category :nope

What planet are you from?! :lol

tlongII
07-07-2008, 11:42 PM

WTF???

CuckingFunt
07-08-2008, 12:49 AM

What planet are you from?! :lol

I don't agree with Rolaids very often, but... seriously, what planet are you from?

Fillmoe
07-08-2008, 12:56 AM
just give her a dick in a box

TDMVPDPOY
07-08-2008, 01:02 AM
why dont you give tony parker a call and ask him what he did for his 1yr anniversery

to21
07-08-2008, 07:33 AM
Mr. Los Spurs must be a frustrated man. Shit, I'd be a wreck if I didn't get my medicine.