PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!

kingsfan
07-06-2008, 05:57 PM
I've got major problems. I don't know where to start. I'm getting the blue death screen, I have a bunch of viruses including trojans and it seems like antivirus XP has taken over. Task manager is disabled as is anything on IE. half of my desktop icons are gone and when I try to access my programs using the start button, they don't even show them. I've been using AVG, adaware and spybot S&D but something got through obviously.
I'm about to try to run those 3 in safe mode, IF it will let me and see if it will clear anything up.
I don't have a reinstall CD so that won't work and right now I really can't afford to take it anywhere to get it fixed. Now my taskbar has disappeared but by the clock it was saying VIRUS ALERT! and the clock went to military time.
Can anyone help me, at least temporarily but in English please, I don't speak geek. :pctoss
I don't remember what the blue screen said, there was more than 1 of them.

Pistons < Spurs
07-06-2008, 06:24 PM
tried using System Restore yet?

mouse
07-07-2008, 09:36 PM
Look at the windows sticker on the case let me know if it says XP home, XP Media,etc......

PM5K
07-08-2008, 12:05 AM
You really would probably best to reinstall.

Is there anything on that drive you can't live without?

Mouse would probably be able to hook you up if you don't have a reinstall disk...

mouse
07-08-2008, 12:56 AM
Any updates?