PDA

View Full Version : Express News: Happy 1st Anniversary, Tony And Eva

duncan228
07-07-2008, 12:38 AM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA070708.1E.Paper.21e2176f.html

Happy 1st anniversary, Tony and Eva
Express-News

One would think that Eva and Tony — she of TV’s “Desperate Housewives” and he the three-time world champ Spurs B-baller — lack for nada as the Alamo City’s most famous couple revel in their first wedding anniversary today. That’s the one that traditionally begets gifts made of paper.

Paper? Yes, paper — hardly a reason to stay hitched for a whole year, huh? No wonder so many celeb couples don’t manage to stay together that long. But Eva ’n’ Tony seem as happy as the day they exchanged vows in a Paris church, followed by a star-studded bash at a centuries-old chateau.

Here at Party Central (my third-floor desk in downtown San Antonio), I have come up with a few presents for the duo as they reportedly float on a love boat somewhere near the South of France — a romantic cruise no doubt filled with morning kisses, afternoon swims and candlelit dinners.

I wanted to personally congratulate the couple, but Eva’s publicist, Liza Anderson, told me they are “unreachable” and that “the lovebirds are in their own little world right now!” Isn’t that just too sweet?

So when they return to this world in a week or so, here are five paper-anniversary gifts I’d like to offer the young couple.

Papel picado: This is a Mexican art form that means “pierced paper” and is created to celebrate holidays and special occasions. Ours would feature a cutout of Eva and Tony on each end of their first wedding anniversary banner, holding the declaration: “Eva Lasting Love.”

Paperback sex writer: We doubt that after a year of wedded bliss studly Tony and sizzling Eva need help in keeping the marriage spark alive. But just in case, we recommend the boudoir book “365 Nights: A Memoir of Intimacy,” " by Charla Muller, who writes about a full year of nightly scheduled sex with her hubby, Brad. Sounds exhausting, but we’re sure that T&E are up to the task.

Papier-mâché for your thoughts: A piñata in the shape of the NBA trophy would serve as a reminder, Tony, that you’ve gotta get your fourth ring next year. That would really be “un-bee-leave-a-bull!!!!!”

Paper chase: Eva, dah-ling, after seeing your starring flick “Over Her Dead Body,” we prayed that your movie career wasn’t ... well ... dead in the water. Honey, that script wasn’t worth the paper it was written — make that doodled — on. You deserve (and should demand) better scripts. Gabrielle Solis would.

Get it on paper: We know that the Parkers eventually will get preggers — they have talked about starting a family one day. And what gorgeous babies they’ll produce. Your fans (and who isn’t a fan?) are desperate for a birth certificate that would satisfy everyone’s desire for a baby Eva or a Tony tyke. Hey, how about two birth certificates? After all, we’ve heard that twins are the latest thing in celeb-land. Just ask J. Lo and Brangelina.

lefty
07-07-2008, 01:20 AM
Wtf

T Park
07-07-2008, 01:55 AM
That is one creepy article.

Slomo
07-07-2008, 04:44 AM
That's the best Spurs related article in a local newspaper?

Seriously?

Is this a joke and I missed the punch line?

Is it because I'm not a local?

Lost in translation?

WTF?

ShoogarBear
07-07-2008, 06:09 AM
Yikes.

BacktoBasics
07-07-2008, 09:01 AM
And duncan228's obsession continues.

tlongII
07-07-2008, 09:31 AM
and they said it wouldn't last... :rolleyes

Sec24Row7
07-07-2008, 09:31 AM
Who the fuck wrote that...?

I hope that wasn't a sports writer...

tlongII
07-07-2008, 09:42 AM
That is a seriously messed up article. I notice that the author apparently doesn't want to claim it either as it says "web posted." :lol

mrsmaalox
07-07-2008, 09:52 AM
*shrugs*

duncan228
07-07-2008, 10:39 AM
And duncan228's obsession continues.

:huh

If I'm obsessed with anything it's certainly not Parker and Longoria. :)

jack sommerset
07-07-2008, 11:12 AM
It will end in Divorce. She will take all his money and she will be the toast of Hollywood. Do a reality show about how hard it is to be married to a NBA player or write a book. So knock out the congrats it sickens me.

Los Spurs
07-07-2008, 11:17 AM
Back in March on Eva's Birthday her Hubby threw one big ass party that included the game "Clue" I wonder what's on the menu for today?

BacktoBasics
07-07-2008, 11:18 AM
:huh

If I'm obsessed with anything it's certainly not Parker and Longoria. :)A good majority of the threads you post in are parker longoria threads. I'm calling it like I see it.

duncan228
07-07-2008, 11:38 AM
A good majority of the threads you post in are parker longoria threads. I'm calling it like I see it.

I post articles that I think, (and hope), people will find interesting on any Spurs player. Parker gets a lot of non-basketball related press because of Longoria. I put those in the Club.

I'm pretty sure if we searched my threads that the number on Parker would be small compared to the number on...let's say...Duncan. :)

ShoogarBear
07-08-2008, 04:45 AM
I post articles that I think, (and hope), people will find interesting on any Spurs player. Parker gets a lot of non-basketball related press because of Longoria. I put those in the Club.

I'm pretty sure if we searched my threads that the number on Parker would be small compared to the number on...let's say...Duncan. :)

Don't feed the troll.