PDA

View Full Version : Stein: Corey Maggette Update

timvp
07-07-2008, 05:31 AM
Maggette knows his career with the Clippers is over unless Brand stuns the league and goes to Golden State. The high-scoring swingman has no shortage of suitors offering him a multi-year deal starting at the midlevel exception, which is expected to approach $6 million for next season, but Maggette hasn't abandoned hope that a team with salary-cap space (Philadelphia or Golden State) will come after him.

The obstacles?

No. 1: Maggette and Sixers restricted free agent Andre Iguodala share the same representative, which could make negotiating deals for two players who play essentially the same position with one team rather complicated for agent Rob Pelinka.

No. 2: There's a strong sense that the Warriors would prefer to chase restricted free agents Josh Smith (Atlanta) and Luol Deng (Chicago) with the money they threw at Brand, although Maggette's status as an unrestricted free agent -- who thus doesn't have to sign an offer sheet that could tie up a team's money for seven days -- makes him easier to pursue.

It's believed that Maggette, without an offer from a team with cap room, favors San Antonio if he has to sign a contract starting at the midlevel. But he has also drawn similar interest from a variety of enticing contenders -- Boston, Cleveland, Detroit, Orlando, New Orleans and Utah are the known suitors -- and the Lakers would be a dangerous suitor if they wanted to get involved given Maggette's close relationship with Kobe Bryant. The Lakers, though, would have to abandon any interest in resigning Sasha Vujacic and Ronny Turiaf to sign Maggette, and the team still favors retaining those two key reserves.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=stein_marc&page=FA-notes-080707

A little bit better news considering the last we heard before the weekend was that Golden State would automatically go to Corey Maggette next. If the Warriors try to steal an RFA and what Stein says about Philly is true, perhaps the Spurs still have a shot.

TDMVPDPOY
07-07-2008, 05:38 AM
wow if he bolts to the lakers

spurs should pursue turiaf

J.T.
07-07-2008, 05:56 AM
spurs should pursue turiaf

http://www.helicopterkids.com/brendanla/CRACKPIPE.jpg

MaNu4Tres
07-07-2008, 05:59 AM
I have a feeling Maggette won't decide til July 16th at the earliest.

Luke Skywalker
07-07-2008, 06:08 AM
It doesn't matter if Maggette signs with the Spurs or not, Matt Bonner will be our savior in 2009.

Marcus Bryant
07-07-2008, 08:25 AM
How long will Maggette wait for the Warriors or Sixers to make him an offer?

MoSpur
07-07-2008, 08:25 AM
I hope a decision comes tomorrow or tonight even.

benefactor
07-07-2008, 08:31 AM
I hope a decision comes tomorrow or tonight even.
It better because I'm developing a heart condition...

TheProfessor
07-07-2008, 08:39 AM
How long will Maggette wait for the Warriors or Sixers to make him an offer?
I'm sure his agent is telling him to wait as long as possible - I just wonder how long teams will wait to address other needs with him on the market.

SenorSpur
07-07-2008, 09:06 AM
Warriors and Sixers are truly the real threats here, but they appear to have competing priorities. All other things being equal, and if the MLE is all he will get, I would think the Spurs are in excellent position. But you never know.

wildbill2u
07-07-2008, 09:14 AM
Today at 9:00 Real GM via ESPN reports Magette is favoring Spurs offer.

stretch
07-07-2008, 09:15 AM
It doesn't matter if Maggette signs with the Spurs or not, Matt Bonner will be our savior in 2009.

did the force tell you that?

Big P
07-07-2008, 09:18 AM
This is going to drag out past the 9th...probably way past.

picnroll
07-07-2008, 09:26 AM
This is going to drag out past the 9th...probably way past.

At a minimum it should take until GS and Philly have commtitted their money to FAs.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-07-2008, 09:44 AM
:tu Our shot still looks bleak, but at least it's less bleak.

Spurs Brazil
07-07-2008, 09:46 AM
I hope he can decide something before wednesday

tav1
07-07-2008, 09:59 AM
Maybe it's my rose-tinted glasses, but I doubt the Warriors will offer more than 7.5 or 8 million per year for Maggette. That's probably enough to get him, but maybe, just maybe, he looks like an offer like that and says "Damn, it's just like going back to the Clippers, no thanks!"

The reason I think the Warriors will not offer much more is that this year's market value on CM may well be the MLE, or just slightly higher. Mullin is not going to turn that against himself. If could get Maggette and another quality free agent (relative to this class) with the now available Baron Davis money.

As rumors suggest, I see the Warriors trading Harrington for a pg (Hinrich), resigning Ellis and Biedrins, and splitting the Boom Dizzle cash on two worthwhile players--JR Smith for more than MLE and James Jones, or something like that.

Brutalis
07-07-2008, 10:05 AM
CM is a Spur.

You will all thank me later.

Russ
07-07-2008, 10:13 AM
Maggette cannot do worse than the MLE no matter how long he waits. Thus, he has no incentive to decide any time soon.

So the Spurs' big decison now would seem to be if and when to give Maggette a "timeframe." There are risks either way -- if they raise the issue, Maggette may bolt. If they don't, the Spurs may lose other FA targets.

This is where the front office earns its pay.

Big P
07-07-2008, 10:18 AM
Maybe it's my rose-tinted glasses, but I doubt the Warriors will offer more than 7.5 or 8 million per year for Maggette. That's probably enough to get him, but maybe, just maybe, he looks like an offer like that and says "Damn, it's just like going back to the Clippers, no thanks!"

The reason I think the Warriors will not offer much more is that this year's market value on CM may well be the MLE, or just slightly higher. Mullin is not going to turn that against himself. If could get Maggette and another quality free agent (relative to this class) with the now available Baron Davis money.

As rumors suggest, I see the Warriors trading Harrington for a pg (Hinrich), resigning Ellis and Biedrins, and splitting the Boom Dizzle cash on two worthwhile players--JR Smith for more than MLE and James Jones, or something like that.

The rumor about Harrington to Chicago, is not going to happen...Chicago has no need for Harrington, with Deng, Gooden, Nocioni, etc....the new rumor today is Chicago wanting to keep Hinrich & trade Gordon..the bottom line is IMO GS is not the team we have to worry about giving Maggs a big offer...its Philly...everything hinges on what they do.

tav1
07-07-2008, 10:20 AM
CM is a Spur.

You will all thank me later.

Do you know something you'd like to share?

lefty
07-07-2008, 10:35 AM
As a longtime Clipper, CM must hate the Lakers.

That's why he should join us, so he'll have a chance to beat the crap out of them.

GrandeDavid
07-07-2008, 10:53 AM
The Spurs don't want to go down that road again where the free agent jerks them around and ends up using them as collateral to negotiate with another team...or was that the Astros? Probably has happened to both teams. Anyway, the Spurs need to assume he is not coming and try to address their needs through other means and once they find a viable plan b or c, then they go back to Maggette's agent and tell him that unfortunately they must have an answer withing a given timeframe.

xtremesteven33
07-07-2008, 10:57 AM
i honestly dont think the spurs would not wait this long for one guy to make a decision unless they KNOW already that he will sign with them.

if he said "give me time" or "i would like to,but.." i think the spurs would go on to other FA's. since no reports are out that the spurs are seriously seeking other FA's im pretty confident Maggette has told them that he will join the team.

just my opinion

xtremesteven33
07-07-2008, 10:59 AM
also look for Manu playing in the olympics. if the spurs "OK" him playing, i suppose the OK would be given,given the fact they know Maggette will be in a Spurs uniform next year.

just my opinion

FromWayDowntown
07-07-2008, 11:01 AM
I don't see this as a particularly negative piece of news, all things considered.

bigdog
07-07-2008, 11:05 AM
also look for Manu playing in the olympics. if the spurs "OK" him playing, i suppose the OK would be given,given the fact they know Maggette will be in a Spurs uniform next year.

just my opinion

nah, the Spurs will make Manu sit out if he isn't healthy enough to play in the Olympics.

Even if Maggette will be with the Spurs, they would still hold Manu out of the Olympics.

jack sommerset
07-07-2008, 11:05 AM
It does not look good for Spurs signing him. He is just going to wait. He can make more money and still sign with a good team. He is in a good position. Free agents suck this year. We are talking about Maggette for crying out loud.

xtremesteven33
07-07-2008, 11:06 AM
nah, the Spurs will make Manu sit out if he isn't healthy enough to play in the Olympics.

Even if Maggette will be with the Spurs, they would still hold Manu out of the Olympics.

i disagree.

if they know for a fact that Maggette will sign with the spurs. they wont mind as much if Manu plays in the olympics.

GhostofAlfrederickHughes
07-07-2008, 11:11 AM
Really all it takes is one phone call from Tim Duncan to seal this deal. If Tim recruits Corey, we can snag him. For all we know, he's already done it....

Honestly, I don't fault Maggette for waiting out G.S. and Philly. If G.S. loses Brand (which is probably going to happen), they can certainly throw some of that $$$ his way. Philly is more complicated, since they would have to wait for the Hawks to match their offer to J. Smith, which could take up to 7 days....but if he thinks he's winning a championship in one of those places before winning one in S.A., then good luck!

FromWayDowntown
07-07-2008, 11:11 AM
A little bit better news considering the last we heard before the weekend was that Golden State would automatically go to Corey Maggette next. If the Warriors try to steal an RFA and what Stein says about Philly is true, perhaps the Spurs still have a shot.

That's the thing has never made much sense to me in this story. If you're Golden State or Philadelphia, are you really going to pay huge money to Corey Maggette if you could take the chance on offering a big deal to much younger players like Josh Smith, Emeka Okafor, or Luol Deng? That strikes me as true even if those guys might be longer shots to ultimately sign. I'm not trying to suggest that any will leave their current teams -- it makes more sense for all to stay put -- but if I'm a GM and trying to build a team, I'm more inclined to go above the MLE to get those sorts of guys than I am to get Maggette, who can be pretty fairly lumped in with a group of above average wings and who is among the older players in that group.

I think the calculus is very different for teams like the Spurs and Celtics, for whom the window is closing. Maggette is a very different player for a team looking to extend its opportunity to compete than he would be for a team that is looking to rebuild or reach another level in the middle of the pack.

Certainly, logical basketball fits are not going to be Maggette's primary concern here and I can understand that he's wise to think hard about waiting out the market to see what happens with the RFA's. But looking at this from the perspective of the teams making the offers, does it really make a lot of sense to spend excessively on a guy like Maggette if you're the Sixers or Warriors? Will he really make that much of a difference to those teams? I'd dispute it -- and it sounds like those front offices might be thinking the same way.

Bruno
07-07-2008, 11:14 AM
Brand hasn't made his choice for the moment. If Brand decides to leave Clippers, it changes a lot of things for Maggette with re-signing with Clippers or a S&T becoming possibilities.

Once Brand make his choice and if it's re-signing with Clippers, I expect things to go quite fast with Maggette.

bigdog
07-07-2008, 11:14 AM
i disagree.

if they know for a fact that Maggette will sign with the spurs. they wont mind as much if Manu plays in the olympics.

I respect your opinion, but I disagree, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else will, too.

Just because the Spurs will have a swingman as good as CM doesn't mean they will just tell Manu "Hey Manu, we don't really care if you play in Beijing anymore, go ahead and risk injuring yourself more, we really don't care."

Manu is still one of the best players on the team, and there's no way you can let one of your stars(who is injured) play any more basketball until he is fully healed.

The Spurs FO will be very cautious. Maggette on the Spurs won't change that one bit.

FromWayDowntown
07-07-2008, 11:16 AM
I respect your opinion, but I disagree, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else will, too.

Just because the Spurs will have a swingman as good as CM doesn't mean they will just tell Manu "Hey Manu, we don't really care if you play in Beijing anymore, go ahead and risk injuring yourself more, we really don't care."

Manu is still one of the best players on the team, and there's no way you can let one of your stars(who is injured) play any more basketball until he is fully healed.

The Spurs FO will be very cautious. Maggette on the Spurs won't change that one bit.

Yeah, I don't think you just cavalierly tell one of the 30 or so best players on the planet to just go ahead and risk injury.

brettn
07-07-2008, 11:18 AM
i disagree.

They don't know for a fact and probably won't know for days/weeks. I highly doubt a Maggette signing would influence the spurs one way or another on letting Manu play in the olympics anyways. If he's healthy enough, he'll play, if he's not, then he won't. It's that simple. Signing Maggette won't magically make the spurs agree to let an unhealthy Manu play in the olympics.

benefactor
07-07-2008, 11:23 AM
Brand hasn't made his choice for the moment. If Brand decides to leave Clippers, it changes a lot of things for Maggette with re-signing with Clippers or a S&T becoming possibilities.

Once Brand make his choice and if it's re-signing with Clippers, I expect things to go quite fast with Maggette.
Sign/trade maybe...but I seriously doubt he resigns with the Clips. Didn't he and Dunleavy have issues?

Marcus Bryant
07-07-2008, 11:24 AM

Right. Then his agent will press GS and/or Philly to make him an offer. If they balk at it in favor of a RFA then that might be all the Spurs need.

canadianspursfan
07-07-2008, 11:26 AM
I'm not as knowledgable as a lot of people on this site so I rely on you guys for a lot of info, so Thanks in adavance.

My question is about the MLE as it pertains to the duration of a contract. So if the MLE is ~5.8 this year is that the highest annual figure that could be in a long term contract, say a 5 year deal? Or can the contract be that for the first year and then escalate to higher salaries in the later years?

I guess if the answer is no, perhaps the sticking point for Maggette is not whether or not to come to SA but it is for how long to sign for and be at the MLE?

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-07-2008, 11:28 AM
Yet another reason I dislike the offseason. I hate this waiting game bullshit. It sounds like there's hope for the Spurs but until he signs on the dotted line I'm going not going to get my hopes up that we won't get another Splitter style boot to the nuts.

FromWayDowntown
07-07-2008, 11:28 AM
I'm not as knowledgable as a lot of people on this site so I rely on you guys for a lot of info, so Thanks in adavance.

My question is about the MLE as it pertains to the duration of a contract. So if the MLE is ~5.8 this year is that the highest annual figure that could be in a long term contract, say a 5 year deal? Or can the contract be that for the first year and then escalate to higher salaries in the later years?

I guess if the answer is no, perhaps the sticking point for Maggette is not whether or not to come to SA but it is for how long to sign for and be at the MLE?

Marcus Bryant has done some good work in other threads explaining this and the Spurs' ability to give Maggette a competitive contract now with an opportunity to opt-out and get a better deal in a couple of years.

Marcus Bryant
07-07-2008, 11:33 AM
Certainly, logical basketball fits are not going to be Maggette's primary concern here and I can understand that he's wise to think hard about waiting out the market to see what happens with the RFA's. But looking at this from the perspective of the teams making the offers, does it really make a lot of sense to spend excessively on a guy like Maggette if you're the Sixers or Warriors? Will he really make that much of a difference to those teams? I'd dispute it -- and it sounds like those front offices might be thinking the same way.

Exactly. I bet the Spurs gave Maggette some kind of timeframe based on when Brand makes his decision. I'm not sure Maggette will wait to see how things play out with the Warriors and Sixers with their RFA offers. At some point the MLE destinations he deems to be desirable will go in another direction. Before I forget, there's too much of a focus in the media and in this forum on the fact that a team can offer Maggette the MLE. That's not what he's looking for. He's looking for a team which will have enough cap room in the near future (2 years) to give him a big payday or to sign and trade him to a team that will. I think he will want to become a free agent in the Great LeBron Summer of 2010 when half of the NBA will have max cap flexibility. That scratches Boston, LA, Phoenix, and Detroit off the list. In addition, he will want to join a team that will give him a starting opportunity, minutes, and an opportunity to make an impact. That narrows down the list to the Spurs and the Magic. If Maggette goes to a team that's capped out for the foreseeable future then he's pretty much resigned to playing for the MLE for the rest of his career.

FromWayDowntown
07-07-2008, 11:41 AM
In addition, he will want to join a team that will give him a starting opportunity, minutes, and an opportunity to make an impact. That narrows down the list to the Spurs and the Magic. If Maggette goes to a team that's capped out for the foreseeable future then he's pretty much resigned to playing for the MLE for the rest of his career.

In simple sales terms, one would think that being somewhere that will give him an opportunity to make a big impact deep in the playoffs would be even more desireable. More than a few guys have made a killing in the free agent market by having big-time success on teams that make deep playoff runs. When it comes to that category, there's no better show in the league than the one playing in San Antonio these days. For Maggette to be the guy who has a chance to put that group over the top again would (one would think) send his value on the free market soaring.

As a Spurs fan, I'm hopeful that Maggette's representation has been thinking about his situation in the sorts of pure economic terms that Marcus and Bruno have been expounding upon for the last week or so. And I'm hopeful that even if Maggette's not approaching this from a pure-basketball fit standpoint, that those who are making decisions in NBA front offices are taking that tack, particularly as what promises to be the NBA's Summer of Love looms a couple of years down the road.

Marcus Bryant
07-07-2008, 11:53 AM
Though a bit dated, the Spurs can point to DA as a prime example that they will follow through on helping a talented free agent who signs with them at a below market rate get paid. Plus the Spurs have shown that they will pay guys who join the team on smaller deals (ie Ginobili).

If Maggette joined a team without the cap flexibility in 2010 to give him a long-term above MLE deal, then he'd have to stay with them for 3 years until they gained his full Bird Rights (2011). Even then, he'd be dealing with the likelihood that the team is not only capped out but perhaps facing the luxury tax. Plus the number of other teams in the league with cap room may look more like this summer than the summer of 2010. In any event, would that team want to commit to an above average deal with a 32 year old shooting guard? Plus, if they are unwilling due to financial concerns, are they really going to help facilitate a sign and trade?

wisnub
07-07-2008, 12:05 PM
If Lakers get their hand on Magette...then we better sign Sasha...but Lakers will become scarier than Fuckin Celtics

wisnub
07-07-2008, 12:06 PM
Im getting sick of CM, Im afraid our FO dont even try to contact him at all.....we got no official news but well, u know...

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-07-2008, 12:07 PM
God, will you just get fucking banned already? Shit.

ducks
07-07-2008, 12:07 PM
you are a rookie you know shit

FromWayDowntown
07-07-2008, 12:09 PM
Im getting sick of CM, Im afraid our FO dont even try to contact him at all.....we got no official news but well, u know...

That's a curious take, given that the Spurs have been reported to be actively courting Maggette and that Maggette is truly considering joining the Spurs. Add to that the fact that nothing can happen for another couple of days and I'm not really sure what some want. There is no official news.

Is it realistic to think that Maggette will advise the world of his intentions when the market hasn't yet been established? I wouldn't think so.

Findog
07-07-2008, 12:10 PM
C'mon Corey, take the money and go to a team with cap space. None of this piggybacking a ring bullshit.

If he goes to either San Anton or Boston for the MLE, then that team wins the title.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-07-2008, 12:12 PM
If he goes to either San Anton or Boston for the MLE, then that team wins the title.

:tu

brettn
07-07-2008, 12:15 PM

Do you actively try to be as stupid as you can possibly be?

Tully365
07-07-2008, 12:21 PM
"There's a sense..." and "it is believed that" are Stein's way of saying he really has no special inside information about Maggette and is simply offering up possibilities, just like the rest of us. It's just like the draft, where multiple experts assigned about a dozen different names to the Spurs...every single one of which was incorrect.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-07-2008, 12:38 PM
The best thing everyone can do is find something else to do for the next 9 days and check back in on the 16th.

The 9th is when FA starts, and when you'll see the RFAs like Smith, Deng, and Childress get their offers. Then their teams will have a week to match, putting us at July 16th.

Nothing is going to happen in FA with the big guns like those three, Maggette, and J.R. Smith, until the issue of cap room for Philly and GS has been answered, and at the earliest that will be the 16th.

NicolasBatum
07-07-2008, 01:10 PM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap/

good or bad news ?

76ers & Warriors can kill us now...

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-07-2008, 01:14 PM

good or bad news ?

I'd say Maggette liking the Spurs' offer is good news.

ducks
07-07-2008, 01:17 PM
Brand Could Make Decision Very Soon
that might speed up some things

xtremesteven33
07-07-2008, 01:19 PM
if Maggette doesnt come to the spurs.....ill club a baby seal

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-07-2008, 01:22 PM
if Maggette doesnt come to the spurs.....ill club a baby seal

:lol

SPURSGOAT
07-07-2008, 01:36 PM

good or bad news ?

Good news if only MLE teams are on the board; then sounds like Magette will choose us...

Bad news if either the 76ers or Warriors decide to open their pocketbook for more than 5.8 mil... which sounds like that is what he is kind of holding out for... so will (reluctantly) go with us if he can get no better than MLE.

angelbelow
07-07-2008, 02:10 PM
under no circumstances should the spurs pursue ronny turiaf.

coopdogg3
07-07-2008, 02:11 PM
under no circumstances should the spurs pursue ronny turiaf.

What if Jack Bauer orders it?

timvp
07-07-2008, 02:23 PM
I can't see a situation in which this doesn't drag on for a while. At the very least I'd say July 16th. But if the Sixers and Warriors keep stabbing at RFAs, he might be talking August.

However, the good news is that Maggette is a major domino in free agency. Once Brand decides where to go, I'd say Maggette is the next big domino. Teams will wait to see where he goes and I think all of free agency will slow down until he decides. Once Maggette decides, then I expect all the other less heralded swingmen to start falling in place. In this scenario, Spurs can afford to wait Maggette out.

The worst case scenario is that Maggette waits and waits while everyone other than the Spurs have moved on from the dream that Maggette can be had for the MLE and then the Sixers or Warriors sign him. If that happens and the Spurs are left picking from like the Jarvis Hayeses of the world, that'd really suck.

Giving a deadline for Maggette to decide is pretty risky and not really something the Spurs are in position to do. Asking a guy who is seriously thinking about taking less than his market value to hurry up and decide isn't very slick. I expect the Spurs to wait patiently as Maggette looks for a big payday and then hope he decides to go with the two-year deal to try again in 2010.

50 cent
07-07-2008, 02:38 PM
I agree timvp. This thing is far from over. Check back this time next month on Corey Maggette.

Bruno
07-07-2008, 02:40 PM
If Sixers and/or Warriors have made an offer to a restricted free agent on July 9th and if Maggette told Spurs to wait until July 16th, I can see Spurs making an offer to JR Smith on July 9th.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-07-2008, 02:52 PM
If Sixers and/or Warriors have made an offer to a restricted free agent on July 9th and if Maggette told Spurs to wait until July 16th, I can see Spurs making an offer to JR Smith on July 9th.

That would be nice. :tu

timvp
07-07-2008, 02:57 PM
If Sixers and/or Warriors have made an offer to a restricted free agent on July 9th and if Maggette told Spurs to wait until July 16th, I can see Spurs making an offer to JR Smith on July 9th.Why would the Spurs do that if Maggette told them to wait until the 16th? :huh

picnroll
07-07-2008, 03:00 PM
This is going to be one long, pain in the ass process. Thank God summer league will soon be here to distract us and give us something else to talk about.

Marcus Bryant
07-07-2008, 03:01 PM
We've focused on the possibility of the Spurs missing out on some other free agents while Maggette decides, but how about Maggette missing out on where he'd want to go for the MLE while the Warriors and Sixers decide? If he ended up signing with a team for the MLE without any cap flexibility in 2010, that would make it much more difficult for him to finally receive that large contract offer. Maybe he could opt out anyways and find another team to give him that large contract. But his sign and trade options would be limited and if he did sign with another team outright then he'd be only eligible for 8% raises.

Maggette has an impetus to get this resolved quickly too.

Bruno
07-07-2008, 03:03 PM
Why would the Spurs do that if Maggette told them to wait until the 16th? :huh

The more you wait, the less quality FA will be available. If Spurs wait the whole summer that Maggette makes his mind, Spurs could end up with no Maggette and no quality FA available in August.
Spurs really need a SG/SF, they can't afford to stand pat.

hater
07-07-2008, 03:05 PM
hell yeah. Spurs are not known for staying put waiting for a player

ducks
07-07-2008, 03:05 PM
This is going to be one long, pain in the ass process. Thank God summer league will soon be here to distract us and give us something else to talk about.

poor baby

ducks
07-07-2008, 03:06 PM
I almost would take jr smith over cm
he is younger

xtremesteven33
07-07-2008, 03:08 PM
I almost would take jr smith over cm
he is younger

its debatable.

i personally would sign CM. more experienced,more versatile.

HarlemHeat37
07-07-2008, 03:45 PM
Maggette is EASILY better than JR Smith..there's no argument..if we can get Mags for the MLE, then you don't even hesitate..

this is good news IMO..

Philly will NOT get Maggette, I'd be absolutely shocked if they did..so really, the only competition seems to be Golden State..now this would be a TERRIBLE signing for the Warriors, because this move isn't a move for the future, and it wouldn't even guarantee them a playoff spot in the West..most Warrior fans I've talked to don't want Maggette neither..but the Warriors have made questionable moves in the past, so it wouldn't surprise me..

the positive is that there's no way Maggette is using us for leverage..the only 2 teams that can offer him more money are Philly and Golden State, and everybody knows that..so there's no way that would work out..

I'm not gonna believe anything until I see it though..

Duncan2177
07-07-2008, 04:06 PM
I dont think Maggette is going to wait till the 16th, i think he will make his decision before Wednesday.

xtremesteven33
07-07-2008, 04:09 PM
I dont think Maggette is going to wait till the 16th, i think he will make his decision before Wednesday.

i dont know if it will be before wednesday, but im pretty sure it will be this week

Man of Steel
07-07-2008, 04:12 PM
I agree with Timvp.

CM has no incentive to act quickly, nor should he. His best interest is served in seeing what opportunities may befall him after decisions that other players make.

I don't know if we can get him--but I think the Spurs need to give him room and time to make this decision.

In any negotiation--silence is sometimes strength. Patience can be both a virtue and a hinderance. In this case, I think it is a virtue. Look at the stuff Boston is going through with Posey. They alienated him by mouthing off about CM.

So--like others have stated above--I think we need to find something else to occupy our time as we parse every word in every article to glean some movement on CM.

--BTW--this is a great forum--the people here really crack me up--Spurstalk is as addictive as crack...

Avitus1
07-07-2008, 05:44 PM
The longer this goes on the worse are chances I think.

ducks
07-07-2008, 05:54 PM
:lol:king:lol:lol:lol
The longer this goes on the worse are chances I think.

07-07-2008, 06:35 PM
i would be satisfied with either jr smith or maggette. smith has all star potential. being younger and less experienced is also a plus because he still has time to change his habits and learn defense. maggette is a very powerful short term solution with no risk. if maggette doesn't seem that interested, i'd rather see an offer for jr smith rather than having to wait around for maggette.

djohn14
07-07-2008, 06:41 PM
i would be satisfied with either jr smith, pietrus, or maggette. smith has all star potential. being younger and less experienced is also a plus because he still has time to change his habits and learn defense. maggette is a very powerful short term solution with no risk. if maggette doesn't seem that interested, i'd rather see an offer for jr smith rather than having to wait around for maggette.

koopa
07-07-2008, 06:52 PM
i would be satisfied with either jr smith, pietrus, or maggette. smith has all star potential. being younger and less experienced is also a plus because he still has time to change his habits and learn defense. maggette is a very powerful short term solution with no risk. if maggette doesn't seem that interested, i'd rather see an offer for jr smith rather than having to wait around for maggette.

smith is young, but he's been in the league for 4 years now, that's plenty of experience, maybe not winning experience, but he is who he is, and while i wouldn't mind having him, he will probably always be a knuckle head

Marcus Bryant
07-07-2008, 06:54 PM

I'm not sure about it coming before Wednesday, but I think it will come this week. His agent will see where things stand with the Warriors and Sixers. If they aren't ready to commit, then he will likely decide to join the Spurs or Magic. Sure, he would like to get paid this summer. He also would like to get paid in the summer of 2010 if he can't get paid this summer. If he waits too long he could very well end up in a less than ideal spot and find himself stuck taking the MLE for the remainder of his career.

SenorSpur
07-07-2008, 07:05 PM
I'm not sure about it coming before Wednesday, but I think it will come this week. His agent will see where things stand with the Warriors and Sixers. If they aren't ready to commit, then he will likely decide to join the Spurs or Magic. Sure, he would like to get paid this summer. He also would like to get paid in the summer of 2010 if he can't get paid this summer. If he waits too long he could very well end up in a less than ideal spot and find himself stuck taking the MLE for the remainder of his career.

There are indeed a lot of positives for both sides if Maggette does choose to wear the silver and black. If Maggette works out here, I don't see any reason the Spurs couldn't up his salary then. However, I'm sure they don't want to make idle promises.

ducks
07-07-2008, 07:39 PM
smith is young, but he's been in the league for 4 years now, that's plenty of experience, maybe not winning experience, but he is who he is, and while i wouldn't mind having him, he will probably always be a knuckle head
why is he a knucklehead?
he is 22 years old
is he a knucklehead because karl called him out like 2-3 years ago?
people say he is a guy that shots all the time
he fucking averages 9 shot attempts a game
HELLO

Blackjack
07-07-2008, 08:13 PM
FWIW- Don Harris is reporting that he was informed by his "league sources" earlier today that Maggette could make his decision as early as Wednesday.

He'a also been told that the Spurs have been, and remain atop Maggette's list.

I'm not sure if he knows something we don't, but Harris seems to think the probability of seeing Maggette in the black and silver is getting better and better.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-07-2008, 08:16 PM
^Thanks. :tu
All signs point to San Antonio as being Maggette's destination. Hopefully we aren't setup for a letdown.

SenorSpur
07-07-2008, 08:19 PM
I just hope a decision comes that quickly.

texbound
07-07-2008, 08:30 PM
^Thanks. :tu
All signs point to San Antonio as being Maggette's destination. Hopefully we aren't setup for a letdown.

Sincerely,

http://assets.espn.go.com/i/nba/profiles/players/65x90/2630.jpg

LM

Blackjack
07-07-2008, 08:31 PM
I just hope a decision comes that quickly.

Preaching to the choir. :lol

I want to stress though that he said could make his decision as early as Wednesday.

The good news is Don Harris actually does have some good sources and has broken news in the past. Hopefully his optimism will be justified.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-07-2008, 08:32 PM
Otis Smith told the Orlando Sentinel that the Magic are interested in signing Corey Maggette, but aren't optimistic of their chances.

"Is it a long shot?" Smith said. "Uh, yeah."

Smith said the Magic are in the running as long as Maggette can only receive the midlevel exception, which is worth about $6 million per year.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53431/20080707/magic_arent_optimistic_on_maggette/

Blackjack
07-07-2008, 10:43 PM
Latest from Don Harris-

Maggette has narrowed his choices to S.A. and Boston (according to "league sources") with S.A. being numero uno.

Also, Maggette could make his decision and sign with the Spurs as early as this week.

So I guess that means... Do hold your breath??? :lol

spursfan09
07-07-2008, 10:59 PM
I refuse to get my hopes up. I refuse to get my hopes up.

Oh! and happy 2,000 posts to me!

xtremesteven33
07-07-2008, 11:01 PM
Latest from Don Harris-

Maggette has narrowed his choices to S.A. and Boston (according to "league sources") with S.A. being numero uno.

Also, Maggette could make his decision and sign with the Spurs as early as this week.

Don Harris is a very reliable source.

if it really comes down to Boston and SA, my optimism is very high concerning the spurs.

Why play in Boston and get limited minutes, be a role player, and no money guaranteed after a couple years. HAHA...its funny how they look at a 28 year old guy and say "you will be a great role player". maggette is a great player who deserves to be in the starting lineup.

Spurs all the way....

:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt:........:lobt2:

Spurtacus
07-07-2008, 11:02 PM
Latest from Don Harris-

TDMVPDPOY
07-07-2008, 11:07 PM
so if we sign CM to MLE/2YRS,

what do you expect the spurs to up his salary till if he pans out during those 2 seasons leading up to the 2010 sweepstakes?

xtremesteven33
07-07-2008, 11:15 PM
so if we sign CM to MLE/2YRS,

what do you expect the spurs to up his salary till if he pans out during those 2 seasons leading up to the 2010 sweepstakes?

i dont care about that right now....lets win next year

Spurtacus
07-07-2008, 11:15 PM
i dont care about that right now....lets win next year

and in 2010. We need a fucking back to back!

spurman20
07-07-2008, 11:17 PM
I think if he wanted to join the spurs he would have come out with it already...I think we are a fall back option....If he doesnt sign on Wed we need to move on to plan b

Blackjack
07-07-2008, 11:20 PM
I think if he wanted to join the spurs he would have come out with it already...I think we are a fall back option....If he doesnt sign on Wed we need to move on to plan b

HUH????????

knee-knee-3
07-07-2008, 11:20 PM

There you go thinking again, son.

Marcus Bryant
07-07-2008, 11:23 PM
First, he's not going to commit until he knows what Brand is going to do. If, as expected, Brand re-ups with the Clippers, then his camp will see where he stands with the Warriors and the Sixers.

timvp
07-07-2008, 11:35 PM
First, he's not going to commit until he knows what Brand is going to do. If, as expected, Brand re-ups with the Clippers, then his camp will see where he stands with the Warriors and the Sixers.Very true. Maggette can't do anything until at the very least Brand decides. Spurs fans expecting to log onto SpursTalk today to see Maggette had signed need to take a closer look at the situation.

Maggette will decide when ...

1) Brand signs and the door is closed on any sign-and-trade options.

2) After talking to the Sixers and Warriors to gauge their interest. This would obviously have to be after Brand signs and the Sixers and Warriors start their free agency game plans.

3) After waiting out the Sixers and Warriors to see where their money is spent.

I'd guess #3 is what he'll do but it could be any of the scenarios.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-07-2008, 11:39 PM

You suck as an agent and a fan.

spurman20
07-07-2008, 11:39 PM
If Maggette goes to G State or Philly he is a born loser as those teams will not even sniff the finals the next decade....He needs to sign by the end of the week or we need to move on before we have a rookie second round pick starting at the 2.

Blackjack
07-07-2008, 11:42 PM
First, he's not going to commit until he knows what Brand is going to do. If, as expected, Brand re-ups with the Clippers, then his camp will see where he stands with the Warriors and the Sixers.

No, no, no....

When you find out your going to be one of the most coveted free-agents on the market, you don't waste time "weighing your options."

Maggette should know that you have to pick a team within 48hrs. of your free-agency. (to put teams and fans minds at ease)

Don't give me this, " I can't even sign until Wednesday." or " I owe it to myself to see where the chips fall, to make the best decision." Get that weak shit out of here!

You know what? Screw that arrogant sonbitch!

If the Spurs ask you to sign with them, the correct answer is....

Holy Shit!!!! I mean... Holy shit!!! Yes! Yes! Yes! Now who's dick do I need to suck???

Okay.... Maybe not those exact words but...

He does need to ask who's dick he needs to suck.

timvp
07-07-2008, 11:43 PM
No, no, no....

When you find out your going to be one of the most coveted free-agents on the market, you don't waste time "weighing your options."

Maggette should know that you have to pick a team within 48hrs. of your free-agency. (to put teams and fans minds at ease)

Don't give me this, " I can't even sign until Wednesday." or " I owe it to myself to see where the chips fall, to make the best decision." Get that weak shit out of here!

Holy Shit!!!! I mean... Holy shit!!! Yes! Yes! Yes! Now who's dick do I need to suck???

He does need to ask who's dick he needs to suck.Fail.

spurman20
07-07-2008, 11:45 PM
No, no, no....

Right on man tell it like it is........he is gonna end up dicking around and be stuck taking the MLE for a suck team when he could have been with a winnere. I think the spurs would also reward him with a stronger contract in 2010 if he buys in and plays well.

timvp
07-07-2008, 11:46 PM
Right on man tell it like it is........he is gonna end up dicking around and be stuck taking the MLE for a suck team when he could have been with a winnere. I think the spurs would also reward him with a stronger contract in 2010 if he buys in and plays well.

Tweedle Dum.

anakha
07-07-2008, 11:49 PM

Is that according to the Agent Handbook?

Blackjack
07-07-2008, 11:50 PM

Maybe I haven't been posting long enough for people to understand my smart-ass-ness??? :lmao

Marcus Bryant
07-07-2008, 11:50 PM
Very true. Maggette can't do anything until at the very least Brand decides. Spurs fans expecting to log onto SpursTalk today to see Maggette had signed need to take a closer look at the situation.

Maggette will decide when ...

1) Brand signs and the door is closed on any sign-and-trade options.

2) After talking to the Sixers and Warriors to gauge their interest. This would obviously have to be after Brand signs and the Sixers and Warriors start their free agency game plans.

3) After waiting out the Sixers and Warriors to see where their money is spent.

I'd guess #3 is what he'll do but it could be any of the scenarios.

The question is how long will he give #3. I think Brand stays with the Clippers, unless they are unwilling to budge from their $70 mil offer. His opting out along with Davis seems a bit too coincidental.

The longer Maggette waits on #3, the greater the possibility that he ends up taking the MLE from a team that isn't his first choice of teams offering the MLE. If he takes the MLE from a team that will be capped out through 2010 or 2011 then he could very well set himself up to take the MLE for the remainder of his career. Brand opting out blindsided him or perhaps the notion of Brand opting out and remaining with the Clippers + adding BDavis did. Once Brand agrees to stay with the Clippers, I would imagine that Maggette's agent will press the Warriors to commit or at least get a true appraisal of their interest. What will be tricky for the Spurs is if he opts to wait on the Warriors and/or Sixers for a week to see how things play out. You'd think they'd go after Plan B, but that may be too soon. Then again, they could find themselves sucked into a Maggette or bust scenario as other swingman free agents start to find homes.

Still, if Maggette wants to set himself up for another summer (ie 2010) to find his big payday, one would think he would want to find a team that will have the cap flexibility to help him get paid in 2010.

Marcus Bryant
07-07-2008, 11:52 PM
No, no, no....

When you are contemplating a $20 to 30 mil difference in guaranteed $, you will take some time.

spurman20
07-07-2008, 11:53 PM
Is that according to the Agent Handbook?

Damn strait!!:lol

TheMadHatter
07-07-2008, 11:54 PM
Brand will stay with the Clippers.

Maggette is really the unknown here. If history is any sign he will sign with the highest bidder, but his comments lately make it seem like he's changing his tune and wants to win. We'll see if this is all just a ploy to drive his price up.

anakha
07-07-2008, 11:56 PM
Damn strait!!:lol

Evidently the Handbook wasn't written in English.

Blackjack
07-07-2008, 11:56 PM

Maybe I haven't been posting long enough for people to understand my smart-ass-ness??? :lmao

I found spurman20's post that elicited MB's response to be a little less than.... I don't know??? Well thought out? :lol

spurman20
07-07-2008, 11:57 PM
Brand will stay with the Clippers.

Maggette is really the unknown here. If history is any sign he will sign with the highest bidder, but his comments lately make it seem like he's changing his tune and wants to win. We'll see if this is all just a ploy to drive his price up.

I think he wants to win if the price is right.......his agent says he was hoping for 5 yr deal starting at 11m per season......Only 2 teams that can give him that would be a bad fit.......I still think orlando is the fav after G State then us

Blackjack
07-08-2008, 12:02 AM
No, no, no....

Sorry, next time I'll make sure to put plenty of :lmao:lmao:lmao:lol:lol:lol:downspin::downspin: to make my sarcasm known. :lmao

spurscenter
07-08-2008, 12:51 AM

lol

misterx91578
07-08-2008, 01:26 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/

Free agent swingman Corey Maggette is now said to be a leading candidate to sign with the the San Antonio Spurs.

xtremesteven33
07-08-2008, 01:34 PM
tommorow sounds like a good day to announce it

SPURSGOAT
07-08-2008, 01:38 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/

Free agent swingman Corey Maggette is now said to be a leading candidate to sign with the the San Antonio Spurs.

Have been reading that same thing for like a week now...no new news...

xtremesteven33
07-08-2008, 01:40 PM
Have been reading that same thing for like a week now...no new news...

yea but atleast all the reports are remaining consistent.

nothing new like, maggette has put something else infront of the spurs

TheMadHatter
07-08-2008, 01:41 PM
When you read about multiple conflicting reports about where Maggette is likely to be headed it means nobody has a fucking clue where he is headed.

xtremesteven33
07-08-2008, 01:46 PM
When you read about multiple conflicting reports about where Maggette is likely to be headed it means nobody has a fucking clue where he is headed.

i disagree

TheMadHatter
07-08-2008, 02:31 PM
i disagree

Of course you do, you are praying he signs with your team so any shred of a rumor you find you cling to.

xtremesteven33
07-08-2008, 02:47 PM
Of course you do, you are praying he signs with your team so any shred of a rumor you find you cling to.

how old are you 15?

when multiple sources reports are being given on the same story with the same outcome, then there is some truth to it.

sorry you couldnt get artest man

ChumpDumper
07-08-2008, 02:50 PM
I am praying he doesn't sign with your team so any shred of a rumor I find I cling to.

And repeat the same reasons he should sign elsewhere over and over.

TheMadHatter
07-08-2008, 03:19 PM
Figured you would show up ChumpDumper. You're quite predictable.

Of course I'd rather not see Maggette ending up on the Spurs or Celtics, but if it happens there is nothing I can do about it. No use in worrying about it. The Lakers are adding a healthy Bynum, Ariza, plus whatever free agent vets they can pick up this off-season. I'm confident we are adding more to our team than any other contender.

XtremeSteven there are just as many reports that say Maggette wouldn't mind playing for BOS, that he wanted ORL to make an offer to him, etc. that anyone can point out. You just ignore them and only focus on the rumors you want to hear. Anytime you hear "sources close to Maggette say" it means nobody really knows what's going on. Do you remember the KG rollercoaster last season? Hell we all thought he was coming to LAL at one point, but BOS was his #1 choice from the get-go despite all the rumors.

xtremesteven33
07-08-2008, 03:28 PM
Figured you would show up ChumpDumper. You're quite predictable.

Of course I'd rather not see Maggette ending up on the Spurs or Celtics, but if it happens there is nothing I can do about it. No use in worrying about it. The Lakers are adding a healthy Bynum, Ariza, plus whatever free agent vets they can pick up this off-season. I'm confident we are adding more to our team than any other contender.

XtremeSteven there are just as many reports that say Maggette wouldn't mind playing for BOS, that he wanted ORL to make an offer to him, etc. that anyone can point out. You just ignore them and only focus on the rumors you want to hear. Anytime you hear "sources close to Maggette say" it means nobody really knows what's going on. Do you remember the KG rollercoaster last season? Hell we all thought he was coming to LAL at one point, but BOS was his #1 choice from the get-go despite all the rumors.

i understand you point,

the fact is, multiple reports are stating that the SPURS are on top of his list right now. its not a matter of preception, just fact. now, is he going to sign with the spurs? im not God, i dont know the future but going by multiple reports given to the media, it looks as though the spurs are the front-runners.

TheMadHatter
07-08-2008, 03:42 PM
No, multiple reports are stating he FAVORS the Spurs IF he doesn't receive any offers from teams that can offer him more than the MLE.

This could very well be just a ploy by him and his agent to drive up his asking price. Maggette has never been about anything other than money his entire life, it wouldn't surprise me if that doesn't change when this is all said and done despite what he may say.

remingtonbo2001
07-08-2008, 03:48 PM
Of course I'd rather not see Maggette ending up on the Spurs or Celtics, but if it happens there is nothing I can do about it. No use in worrying about it. The Lakers are adding a healthy Bynum, Ariza, plus whatever free agent vets they can pick up this off-season. I'm confident we are adding more to our team than any other contende.

:lmao

I needed a good laugh.

ChumpDumper
07-08-2008, 03:53 PM
Figured you would show up ChumpDumper. You're quite predictable.As are you with the follwing rehashed drivel.

XtremeSteven there are just as many reports that say Maggette wouldn't mind playing for BOS, that he wanted ORL to make an offer to him, etc. that anyone can point out. You just ignore them and only focus on the rumors you want to hear. Anytime you hear "sources close to Maggette say" it means nobody really knows what's going on. Do you remember the KG rollercoaster last season? Hell we all thought he was coming to LAL at one point, but BOS was his #1 choice from the get-go despite all the rumors.KG wasn't a free agent.

ChumpDumper
07-08-2008, 03:58 PM
And really, why would we not react positively to reports Maggette might join the Spurs?

There's a chance it will happen, how big a chance is debatable but who cares?

I mean, you obviously care a lot to post this much about it on another team's board -- but why?

TheMadHatter
07-08-2008, 04:03 PM
As are you with the follwing rehashed drivel.

KG wasn't a free agent.

Rehashed drivel? You should change your username to that seeing as how you provide nothing to the discussion other than your usual dose of smart-ass comments.

KG being a free agent has no bearing on this discussion, which is about stupid media rumors. Unless of course your dumb enough to believe media rumors are different in regards to FA's vs. non FA players.

xtremesteven33
07-08-2008, 04:05 PM
No, multiple reports are stating he FAVORS the Spurs IF he doesn't receive any offers from teams that can offer him more than the MLE.

This could very well be just a ploy by him and his agent to drive up his asking price. Maggette has never been about anything other than money his entire life, it wouldn't surprise me if that doesn't change when this is all said and done despite what he may say.

1. he favors the spurs not cause he wont recieve any other offers from teams, he favors them cause theyve been after him for awhile now. he can get good money and play for a championship

2.in his own words. he has said its not about the money this year. he said he has all the money he wants, now he wants to play for a championship.

TheMadHatter
07-08-2008, 04:07 PM
And really, why would we not react positively to reports Maggette might join the Spurs?

There's a chance it will happen, how big a chance is debatable but who cares?

I mean, you obviously care a lot to post this much about it on another team's board -- but why?

You need to accept the fact that this board is filled with fans of other teams. If the moderators want this to be a Spurs-only board then they are doing a poor job of that.

I see you asking the same question to other team's fans you disagree with every single time. I'm here because of the low censorship and general quality of debates here that don't exist on most other forums. I don't have to deeply care about the Spurs organization to comment on some rumors that pertain to them.

tmtcsc
07-08-2008, 04:08 PM
1. he favors the spurs not cause he wont recieve any other offers from teams, he favors them cause theyve been after him for awhile now. he can get good money and play for a championship

2.in his own words. he has said its not about the money this year. he said he has all the money he wants, now he wants to play for a championship.

Whoah there, easy now....You just added that part about having all the money he wants. He never said anything like that. He just said he'd like to win and that its not always about the $$...Which we all know...ITS ALWAYS ABOUT THE $$..unless the $$ is the same AND you can win.

ChumpDumper
07-08-2008, 04:08 PM
Rehashed drivel? You should change your username to that seeing as how you provide nothing to the discussion other than your usual dose of smart-ass comments.What have you added again?

KG being a free agent has no bearing on this discussion, which is about stupid media rumors. Unless of course your dumb enough to believe media rumors are different in regards to FA's vs. non FA players.Actually, your distortion of the KG situation speaks volumes about your own biases and general douchiness.

xtremesteven33
07-08-2008, 04:15 PM
Whoah there, easy now....You just added that part about having all the money he wants. He never said anything like that. He just said he'd like to win and that its not always about the $$...Which we all know...ITS ALWAYS ABOUT THE $$..unless the $$ is the same AND you can win.

yea i was paraphrasing. im at work right now so i cant really put alot of thought into what i put.

im actually workin in the ER....haha

FromWayDowntown
07-08-2008, 04:24 PM
I see you asking the same question to other team's fans you disagree with every single time. I'm here because of the low censorship and general quality of debates here that don't exist on most other forums. I don't have to deeply care about the Spurs organization to comment on some rumors that pertain to them.

Fair enough, but you do seem to believe that you hold some sort of monopoly on knowledge about things like rumors of free agent signings. I'd suggest that if you're truly interested in quality debates, you'd recognize that a signficant number of posters around this forum have been through many long summers of rumor reporting. That some get excited about the possibility that a useful (coveted) player might join their team (and this is, after all, a forum populated mostly by Spurs fans) seems reasonable to me.

I don't think that most posters around here dispute your basic premise -- Maggette isn't a Spur (or anything else) until he signs on the dotted line. Your insistent efforts to strike at the rumors ignores the fact that the rumors keep circulating, which probably suggests that if Maggette is left with MLE offers only (and there are threads discussing why that will or should happen -- this one, even) his choice is likely to be San Antonio.

Your repeated insinuation that there's no truth to the rumors is either: (1) an effort to simply deflate Spurs fans (which leaves one wondering why another would be drawn to such an effort); or (2) an expression of concern that the rumors might have some merit and an expression of hope that the rumors simply are not true. Neither alternative leaves you looking particularly good.

FromWayDowntown
07-08-2008, 04:27 PM
By the way, isn't it time to do away with the "Gay/Love" stuff since they're on different teams and nobody will (seemingly) experience that at all this season?

waly.mg
07-08-2008, 04:43 PM

May be, may be, but a Contract starting at 6 millions for 5 yeats is +30 millions contract.
Then, he can take, 30 Mthr fckr millions bucks and can play for a Championship too.
It is not Like when Karl Malone sign with the Lakers for a veteran Contract

Blackjack
07-08-2008, 04:44 PM
By the way, isn't it time to do away with the "Gay/Love" stuff since they're on different teams and nobody will (seemingly) experience that at all this season?

I guess he's not too comfortable with Gay/Mayo?

Maybe it hits a little too close to home, like.....

HIS BACK! :lmao

xtremesteven33
07-08-2008, 04:54 PM

I guess he's not too comfortable with Gay/Mayo?

Maybe it hits a little too close to home, like.....

HIS BACK! :lmao

HAHA:lmao

TheMadHatter
07-08-2008, 05:08 PM
What no gay love on this forum? You Texans and your homophobia...... :)

macdude06
07-08-2008, 05:21 PM
there about to say something on ksat12 about CM
saying the competition for him has thinned out? idk
just saying..

macdude06
07-08-2008, 05:25 PM
NVM haha all they said was boston is making a push and orlando has dropped out of the race said the orlando sentinel.. and NOH is going after posey hard

SPURSGOAT
07-08-2008, 05:33 PM
NVM haha all they said was boston is making a push and orlando has dropped out of the race said the orlando sentinel.. and NOH is going after posey hard

Other teams don't want to wait around on Maggette which is good... less players now... just have to worry about 76ers and GSW now...

benefactor
07-08-2008, 05:34 PM
The Don Harris video (http://www.woai.com/mediacenter/[email protected]&navCatId=16)....just in case anyone needs a moment of optimism.

Booharv
07-08-2008, 05:39 PM
The C's are fighting an uphill battle for Maggette. Even though the contract is the same the money really isn't. If both teams offer the full mil-level exception of about $5.8M, Maggette stands to make about $200K more per year with the Spurs than the Celts because of state income taxes (Texas has none). Combine it with he cost of living difference between the greater Boston area and San Antonio (about 40% less in San Antonio), and Maggette is living considerably larger in Texas.

Spurs1234
07-08-2008, 05:47 PM
sorry if i missed anything, but has CM done a recruitment trip down to SA yet? I am waiting for the "I think I saw CM down at the riverwalk" speculation.

Big P
07-08-2008, 05:55 PM
I thought this little blurb from hoopsworld was interesting...

"Despite reports out of Orlando this morning, the Magic still very much believe they can land Maggette. It's the primary reason why they haven't talked about Keyon Dooling, who would much prefer to stay in Orlando to moving down the peninsula for Miami's offer. The Magic have let everyone know that they won't tender any other offers or talk to any other free agents until Maggette's future is decided. Like so many other teams, they believe Maggette is the key to winning a chmapionship.

So he made up his mind possibly?

Bruno
07-08-2008, 05:56 PM
Hoopsworld :downspin:

Big P
07-08-2008, 05:57 PM
Gottal love em..

xtremesteven33
07-08-2008, 05:58 PM
Hoopsworld :downspin:

even a dead clock is right two times a day

TheMadHatter
07-08-2008, 06:11 PM
even a dead clock is right two times a day

Not Hoopsworld's clock.

underdawg
07-08-2008, 08:19 PM
Sorry if already posted - Stein just said on ESPN that Maggette is going to Golden State