PDA

View Full Version : Is this considered a charge, or a blocking foul?

Kobe>Duncan
07-07-2008, 11:40 AM
It looks like Duncan has his hands up contesting the shot, and he is within the restricted area, but the other player went at him very agressively, it knocks duncan over, but not sure if it's a foul.

MRhcUnrUEiA

Kobe>Duncan
07-07-2008, 11:43 AM
someone told me it's a charge, and stern rigged this!

FromWayDowntown
07-07-2008, 11:45 AM
It looks like Duncan has his hands up contesting the shot, and he is within the restricted area, but the other player went at him very agressively, it knocks duncan over, but not sure if it's a foul.

It's called 2 points in the 2nd game of the season.

It's also called a great incentive for doing this in the Finals:

_3A9buo77DI

FromWayDowntown
07-07-2008, 12:03 PM
Well, I guess that settles that.

duncan228
07-07-2008, 12:07 PM

You sure did settle it. But if we wanted to we could include the dunk picture story ...LeBron kept a picture of him dunking on Duncan in his locker that season...And Duncan offered to sign it for him when they met in the Finals. :lmao

Kobe>Duncan
07-07-2008, 12:11 PM

why did you not post anything when i posted the kobe dunks on duncan mix? Did you not find anything worthwhile, that thread was deleted because it makes little kids cry..

FromWayDowntown
07-07-2008, 12:13 PM
why did you not post anything when i posted the kobe dunks on duncan mix? Did you not find anything worthwhile, that thread was deleted because it makes little kids cry..

I'm sorry, I have no idea what thread you're talking about. I didn't realize that I lost the right to respond to asinine takes because I refuse to sit on SpursTalk 24/7 to deal with trolls whose efforts to knock Tim Duncan inevitably fail.

You seemed to be taking a shot at Duncan. I simply offered a shot back at you.

Lebron dunked on Timmy -- 2 points. Timmy rejected Lebron -- no points.

wisnub
07-07-2008, 12:24 PM
Championship Is What Matters...

angelbelow
07-07-2008, 04:14 PM
just depends on whether duncan was moving.

MmP
07-07-2008, 04:53 PM
It's a no call. Duncan got position first, didn't move but there wasn't enough contact from James to call an offensive foul. If Duncan jumped or moved it would've been a defensive fould cause TD was in the restricted area.

jbspurs
07-07-2008, 04:54 PM
I can't believe you guys are feeding this troll.. the troll intentions is just to show us Duncan getting posterized. Charge or blocking my ass!!

MmP
07-07-2008, 05:06 PM
Who cares if TD got posterized. Means nothing, a stupid play of the regular season. It doesn't make James better or gives him championships.

rj215
07-07-2008, 05:26 PM
I wonder when all the ESPN SportsCenter specials about the Spurs Championship runs are gonna happen. It seemed like they were more than happy to jerk off all the Boston fans for weeks after the Finals ended.

I can't even imagine what they'd do if Lebron wins a title someday...maybe give him his own show....

LakerHater
07-07-2008, 05:36 PM
Well 1st off he freakin' carried the ball!!!!!!!!

beachwood
07-07-2008, 07:02 PM
Duncan is inside the restricted area, so i'm pretty sure it's a blocking foul.

That wasn't very fun to watch. Good thing he got his revenge in the Finals that year.

jack sommerset
07-07-2008, 07:11 PM
Duncan is inside the restricted area, so i'm pretty sure it's a blocking foul.

That wasn't very fun to watch. Good thing he got his revenge in the Finals that year.

Yes he was but I will say NO FOUL

spursjustice
07-08-2008, 08:40 AM
FromWayDownTown 1 point Kobe<Duncan 0 point

I'm sorry, I have no idea what thread you're talking about. I didn't realize that I lost the right to respond to asinine takes because I refuse to sit on SpursTalk 24/7 to deal with trolls whose efforts to knock Tim Duncan inevitably fail.

You seemed to be taking a shot at Duncan. I simply offered a shot back at you.

Lebron dunked on Timmy -- 2 points. Timmy rejected Lebron -- no points.

GSH
07-08-2008, 06:53 PM
The restricted zone makes for a lot of poster moments, but it doesn't mean shit. Duncan couldn't just move out of the way and give up an uncontested dunk. He should have put a body on him. Those free throws wouldn't have looked nearly so sexy.

Duncan's hands were tied. It's sort of like having nukes and not using them because of what people would think. That dunk counts two points, just like a jump shot. Only an asshole Laker fan would try and make it mean any more than that. (See my sig)