PDA

View Full Version : Does Steve Francis Have any Gas Left in the Tank?

Indazone
07-07-2008, 02:32 PM
Just curious. Wanted to see what people thought about the player formerly known as the Franchise. Up till 2005-2006 with the knicks he still played in 70 games but he was already injured at that point. 2006-2007 he played half those games in NY and 2007-2008 he showed up injured and out of shape. Played 10 games and had to get surgery to repair a 70% ruptured quadriceps tendon. Essentially the same injury as D-Wade. Does he have anything left to bring?

Red Hawk #21
07-07-2008, 02:34 PM
I really am not sure anymore, this upcoming season will probably be a make or break year for Steve. But last time I saw him play he definetely did not look like his old self.

JamStone
07-07-2008, 02:52 PM
I think if he has the proper motivation, gets back into good basketball shape, and stays healthy, he could still be a solid contributor in this league, especially in a back-up role capacity. The problem is that those are plenty of "if" scenarios to worry about. But, splitting time backing up both the PG and SG position, he could do some damage against second team players.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-07-2008, 02:53 PM
He doesn't have much left, but he can still be a 10-15 minute guy.

Indazone
07-07-2008, 03:20 PM
I checked his stats, just 2 years ago he was still over 1000 pts in a season. Then the last year at New York it was less than half that total and last season was just dismal due to injury and only 10 games played.

baseline bum
07-07-2008, 04:15 PM
Francis was one of the 5 worst PGs in the game in his prime.

jack sommerset
07-07-2008, 04:16 PM
I thinks it easy to say now he was overrated. Same with Marbury.

DaDakota
07-07-2008, 05:27 PM
I think he is done, coming back from that Quad injury would take a lot of dedication from a man who just got a $30 million dollar settlement.

DD

IronMexican
07-07-2008, 05:53 PM
I definitely feel sympathy for him.
That trade from Houston was the worst thing that could have happened for him.

Spuradicator
07-07-2008, 07:17 PM
not much left at all

Tacker
07-07-2008, 08:11 PM
He'll be a role player no way he will start and get back to an allstar type player

Spurtacus
07-07-2008, 09:53 PM
Stevie Franchise!

Yeah, he'd be good on the Wolves or Grizz.

Indazone
07-07-2008, 11:19 PM
his knee injury is severe to say the least. Bilateral Quadriceps Tendon Rupture caused by excessive force when landing after an explosive jump. The doctors basically suture the tendon and anchor it to the bone again. Takes about 6 months to a year to heal. What a huge question mark this guy is. Nobody knows to what extent he will recover. We only know that he has had knee issues for the last three years. The big question is, will the surgery cure him and bring him back to full strength. To that issue, nobody knows.

DaDakota
07-08-2008, 09:57 AM
his knee injury is severe to say the least. Bilateral Quadriceps Tendon Rupture caused by excessive force when landing after an explosive jump. The doctors basically suture the tendon and anchor it to the bone again. Takes about 6 months to a year to heal. What a huge question mark this guy is. Nobody knows to what extent he will recover. We only know that he has had knee issues for the last three years. The big question is, will the surgery cure him and bring him back to full strength. To that issue, nobody knows.

Matt Bullard had the same injury and said that it is VERY hard to come back from and you have to be dedicated to do it.

I have heard he is back working out with the team and marveling at Aaron Brooks quickness, so you never know.

DD

Caltex2
07-09-2008, 07:01 PM
"Does Steve Francis have any gas left in the tank"

I doubt it, gas is way too expensive. But then again he's a multi-millionaire, so he should be able to fill up his tank batter than most of us. :convertib