PDA

View Full Version : Watching Bulls vs. Heat Summer League...

DMX7
07-07-2008, 04:25 PM
It's on NBA.com as streaming video and its a pretty good matchup. One observation is that the 3-point line has been moved back pretty surprisingly far.

timvp
07-07-2008, 04:36 PM
One observation is that the 3-point line has been moved back pretty surprisingly far.That's the normal distance.

SPURSGOAT
07-07-2008, 04:40 PM
how are beasley and rose doing?

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-07-2008, 04:44 PM
The commentating is just horrible.

DMX7
07-07-2008, 04:49 PM
That's the normal distance.

I guess I've just been watching too many NCAA replays on ESPN U, so it looks further back.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-07-2008, 04:50 PM
It's hard to tell who's doing good since there's only one angle and the commentators don't give 2 shits to say who is who.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-07-2008, 04:53 PM
Derrick Rose hasn't been doing so good, only has 2 points and is making questionable passes.
Beasley hasn't played much in the 2nd quarter, maybe the sternum.

MaNu4Tres
07-07-2008, 04:56 PM
Chalmers looks good.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-07-2008, 04:56 PM
And Noah sucks.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-07-2008, 04:59 PM
Chalmers is making Rose his bitch again.

MaNu4Tres
07-07-2008, 05:00 PM
Derek Rose has not looked liked the 1st pick. He's dribbled off his leg two times already and only has 2 points. Then again its only the first game.

DMX7
07-07-2008, 05:06 PM
Chalmers is locking down Rose big time. Rose looks frustrated.

Sway
07-07-2008, 08:47 PM
Did Calathes play, if so how did he do?

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-07-2008, 08:50 PM
Did Calathes play, if so how did he do?

He had a DNP, surprisingly.

Sway
07-07-2008, 08:56 PM
He had a DNP, surprisingly.

That is sursprising... I thought he would have gotten some PT so the team could get a look at what he brings to the table.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-07-2008, 08:57 PM
That is sursprising, I thought he would have gotten some PT so the team could get a look.

Me too. What surprises me more is it was coach's decision DNP.

montgod
07-07-2008, 09:03 PM
Miami defeats Chicago 94-70

By Dan Dugger | July 7, 2008.

Orlando, Fla.- The much anticipated match-up between Michael Beasley and Derrick Rose proved to live up to its billing Monday, and it was Beasley's Heat that came out victorious, 94-70.

Beasley, who is playing with a slightly fractured sternum, had the upper hand early, leading Miami with nine points in the first half, while playing just over eight minutes. Rose, playing with a sore right knee, managed three points on 1-of-3 shooting in 15 minutes of action in the first half. Demetris Nichols led Chicago with 11 points in the half.

Chicago, led by recently hired head coach Vinny Del Negro, trailed 48-34 at the half.

When the second half began, the action began to pick up between the two top draft picks. Rose displayed spectacular speed on multiple buckets, scoring seven points in the third quarter. Meanwhile, Beasley exhibited his solid shooting touch, lighting up the nets for 14 third-quarter points, extending Chicago's lead to 20, 73-53, at the end of three.

The Heat, who led by as many as 27, shot 42 percent and had only 10 turnovers.

Although his NBA debut was impressive, Beasley didn't dominate every play of the game. Late in the fourth quarter, when he drove baseline and went up to dunk, Chicago forward Cedric Simmons rejected it, drawing quite a reaction from the standing-room-only crowd at the RDV Sportsplex.

Nonetheless, Beasley led all scorers with 28 points on 9-of-21 shooting, while grabbing nine rebounds.

The Bulls struggled from the floor, shooting just 37 percent, and turned the ball over 18 times. Rose finished with 10 points on 3-of-8 shooting, dished out four assists but had five turnovers.

Tacker
07-07-2008, 09:05 PM
Miami defeats Chicago 94-70

By Dan Dugger | July 7, 2008.

Orlando, Fla.- The much anticipated match-up between Michael Beasley and Derrick Rose proved to live up to its billing Monday, and it was Beasley's Heat that came out victorious, 94-70.

Beasley, who is playing with a slightly fractured sternum, had the upper hand early, leading Miami with nine points in the first half, while playing just over eight minutes. Rose, playing with a sore right knee, managed three points on 1-of-3 shooting in 15 minutes of action in the first half. Demetris Nichols led Chicago with 11 points in the half.

Chicago, led by recently hired head coach Vinny Del Negro, trailed 48-34 at the half.

When the second half began, the action began to pick up between the two top draft picks. Rose displayed spectacular speed on multiple buckets, scoring seven points in the third quarter. Meanwhile, Beasley exhibited his solid shooting touch, lighting up the nets for 14 third-quarter points, extending Chicago's lead to 20, 73-53, at the end of three.

The Heat, who led by as many as 27, shot 42 percent and had only 10 turnovers.

Although his NBA debut was impressive, Beasley didn't dominate every play of the game. Late in the fourth quarter, when he drove baseline and went up to dunk, Chicago forward Cedric Simmons rejected it, drawing quite a reaction from the standing-room-only crowd at the RDV Sportsplex.

Nonetheless, Beasley led all scorers with 28 points on 9-of-21 shooting, while grabbing nine rebounds.

The Bulls struggled from the floor, shooting just 37 percent, and turned the ball over 18 times. Rose finished with 10 points on 3-of-8 shooting, dished out four assists but had five turnovers.

no big problem the stats Rose put up this game are similiar to his career stats on memphis so no worries, same with Beasley... Both Played in their level

montgod
07-07-2008, 09:07 PM
Chalmers is locking down Rose big time. Rose looks frustrated.

Chalmers finished with 11 pts on 2-8 shooting, 6 assists, 4 steals, 1 turnover, 6-7 FTs, and 1 3pter.

Mr.Bottomtooth
no big problem the stats Rose put up this game are similiar to his career stats on memphis so no worries, same with Beasley... Both Played in their level

Too bad Rose did worse and Beasley actually did similar to his game.

Mr.Bottomtooth
Chalmers finished with 11 pts on 2-8 shooting, 6 assists, 4 steals, 1 turnover, 6-7 FTs, and 1 3pter.

Much better than Rose. :tu
Props to Mario.

mrspurs
07-08-2008, 08:07 AM
dangit......i missed it

Sissiborgo
07-09-2008, 05:55 AM
Wow Beasly was good 28 points im looking forward to see him in the league:D

mistwiya
07-09-2008, 09:30 AM
I give props to chalmers for sticking under Rose's skin, but lets look at game 2

Game 2 Pacers vs Chicago

Derrick Rose 9 Points - 7 Assists - 6 Rebounds - 3 Steals - 1 Block

Game 2 Nets vs Heat

Mike Beasley 9 points (2/15 ouch) - 0 Assists - 7 Rebounds - 1 Steal - 1 Block

picnroll
07-09-2008, 09:33 AM
I've watched most of both games and so far Rose hasn't looked dominant at all. It's way early though. Chalmers has looked good. Beasley got skunked badly by Williams.

mistwiya
07-09-2008, 09:53 AM
I've watched most of both games and so far Rose hasn't looked dominant at all. It's way early though. Chalmers has looked good. Beasley got skunked badly by Williams.

Ya I agree with Rose not being dominant, it almost seems as he is still nervous or something

picnroll
07-09-2008, 09:58 AM
Ya I agree with Rose not being dominant, it almost seems as he is still nervous or something
ROse has shown some real bad decision making. Maybe he's pressing. They say his knee is giving him problems, dating all the way back to last year. Hope that's not a chronic problem. Comments were on how bad Beasley's attitude was, disinterested, when he ran up against a good defender. What has impressed me the most about the Bulls is Noah sucking.

mistwiya
07-09-2008, 10:13 AM
ROse has shown some real bad decision making. Maybe he's pressing. They say his knee is giving him problems, dating all the way back to last year. Hope that's not a chronic problem. Comments were on how bad Beasley's attitude was, disinterested, when he ran up against a good defender. What has impressed me the most about the Bulls is Noah sucking.

We should have never drafted Noah in fact I nearly threw the can at the T.V when paxson picked him. Paxon looks for a player with energy despite his athletic ability, however I must say, his stats are similiar to Ben Wallace's in his rookie season but well see how everyhing ends up in the 2009 Season.

angelbelow
07-09-2008, 11:20 AM
beasley did well.

Mr. Body
07-09-2008, 11:28 AM
We should have never drafted Noah in fact I nearly threw the can at the T.V when paxson picked him. Paxon looks for a player with energy despite his athletic ability, however I must say, his stats are similiar to Ben Wallace's in his rookie season but well see how everyhing ends up in the 2009 Season.

SAS would have given them Luis Scola for that pick, most likely. The Bulls should have done it, or at least drafted better.