PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Delfino to Pistons, Posey to Hornets

50 cent
07-08-2008, 06:55 PM
According to hoopshype....

Fucking A.....the Spurs could really be left holding their dick in their hand.

JR Smith or bust.

:bang:bang:bang

ducks
07-08-2008, 06:55 PM
hornets with posey would be tough

tp2021
07-08-2008, 06:56 PM

:rollin

thekingrobert
07-08-2008, 06:57 PM
well didnt Pop say they would just stand pat, maybe this is what he meant

rascal
07-08-2008, 07:08 PM
well didnt Pop say they would just stand pat, maybe this is what he meant

When did he say that? Standing pat would be a big failure.

montgod
07-08-2008, 07:08 PM
I find it pretty interesting that Delfino would return to the Pistons after his first tour there wasn't so good with him riding the bench and complaining every second about it. Money is money though...

urunobili
07-08-2008, 07:10 PM
please Posey to the Hornets get busted somehow... that would be a bitch of a competitor right next door

ducks
07-08-2008, 07:23 PM
I think posey wants to stay but he is using hornets as leverage

baseline bum
07-08-2008, 07:25 PM
At least we got freaking George Hill and Mahinmi!

Tully365
07-08-2008, 07:28 PM
Damn. If Posey goes to the Hornets that gives them an inside/outside defensive scheme with Chandler/Posey that would be one of the best in the league. And that's not even counting Paul. That would be an amazing pick up for them.

Bruno
07-08-2008, 07:30 PM
Posey sucks ass.

SpursFanInAustin
07-08-2008, 07:33 PM
At least we got freaking George Hill and Mahinmi!

We're re-signing Michael Finley for the MLE too! :toast

TheMadHatter
07-08-2008, 07:33 PM
Hmm if they start Posey they could slide Peja over to SG. Defense would improve, but offensively they aren't any better.

timvp
07-08-2008, 07:34 PM
Posey is the re-incarnation of Robert Horry.

Fixed.

SpursFanInAustin
07-08-2008, 07:35 PM
Hmm if they start Posey they could slide Peja over to SG. Defense would improve, but offensively they aren't any better.

I think Posey would be the one to play 2-guard...he's pretty much interchangeable and can defend most 2s and 3s pretty effectively.

Bruno
07-08-2008, 07:37 PM
Fixed.

Posey has as much rings as Beno Udrih...

angelbelow
07-08-2008, 07:51 PM
not only would posey to hornets be deadly, but the celtics would try harder for mags.

MannyIsGod
07-08-2008, 07:52 PM
Posey to the Hornets would really fucking suck. Just imagine Posey taking Bonzi's minutes and right off the bat thats a huge upgrade.

SpursFanInAustin
07-08-2008, 08:02 PM
Posey has as much rings as Beno Udrih...

Posey was a major contributor to both his championship teams hitting clutch shots and playing good perimeter defense on players such as Dirk Nowitski, Josh Howard, and Kobe Bryant.

Tully365
07-08-2008, 08:06 PM
I don't know how anyone who watched Posey first defend Dirk in the finals and then Kobe in the finals could possibly say he sucks. He plays an almost identical role to Bowen.

AlamoSpursFan
07-08-2008, 08:07 PM
hornets with posey would be tough

This just in...the Hornets are pretty freaking tough as is...

GrandeDavid
07-08-2008, 08:24 PM
Damn, the Spurs really have sucked lately at signing free agents. Someone help them out!

Bruno
07-08-2008, 08:28 PM
:lmao
first Horry now Bowen.

So a guy plays some solid defense in two successful playoffs runs and eh is compared to one of the clutchest player of the history and one of the greatest perimeter defender of the history.

Maybe you should start wondering why Celtics aren't ready to give him the full MLE while they did it for Maggette...

Obstructed_View
07-08-2008, 08:31 PM
When did he say that? Standing pat would be a big failure.

No, the Spurs losing all their own free agents and failing to sign anyone decent would be a big failure. Getting Maggette out of the way now helps tremendously, since most of us knew he was going to follow the money regardless of what he said in interviews.

Vinnie_Johnson
07-08-2008, 08:32 PM
I call bullshit on The Defino part no way The Pistons take him back.

1Parker1
07-08-2008, 09:26 PM
Posey to the Hornets would really fucking suck. Just imagine Posey taking Bonzi's minutes and right off the bat thats a huge upgrade.

:pctoss That's what I was thinking. If this is true, it would really help the Hornets next season. Plus it would give them another guy with veteran leadership on that bench.

SPURSGOAT
07-08-2008, 09:28 PM
We're re-signing Michael Finley for the MLE too! :toast

NOOOOO!!! :downspin:

brettn
07-08-2008, 09:31 PM
According to hoopshype....

JR Smith or bust.
:bang:bang:bang

If this is really your take on it, then it looks like the Spurs are busting once Denver matches any offer we can possibly make him.

beachwood
07-08-2008, 10:28 PM
Please, oh please do not let Posey go to the Hornets.

tav1
07-08-2008, 11:00 PM
Don't fear Posey, he's not that good.

The Delfino stuff to Detroit is not true--it's about as certain as Maggette to San Antonio--and they're certainly not committing their full MLE to him. They'll probably offer him half the MLE.

Tomorrow morning, JR Smith will receive an offer sheet for 5.585 million from Buford. If he signs it, we wait. We'll go from there. We still have options, this off season is not lost yet.

robbie380
07-08-2008, 11:08 PM
http://www.shitsenders.com/images/site/elephant-splash.jpg >hoopshype

itzsoweezee
07-08-2008, 11:20 PM
Don't fear Posey, he's not that good.

you're either stupid or you don't watch the games. hornets + posey = nba finals

tmtcsc
07-08-2008, 11:23 PM
Please, oh please do not let Posey go to the Hornets.

Hey Beachwood is that Ultraman ?? I used to watch reruns of that when I was a kid. We only had a B&W tv at the time. I was amazed that it was in color when I saw the boxset for sale at Best Buy.

tav1
07-08-2008, 11:26 PM
you're either stupid or you don't watch the games. hornets + posey = nba finals

Come on, man, don't overvalue the flavor of the moment. Posey to the Hornets does not push them into the NBA Finals. It makes them better, no doubt. But he's more a guy that you want to have if you make it to the Finals, not a guy whose presence pushes you in ipso facto. He's like Horry in that way.

TJastal
07-09-2008, 11:16 AM
Come on, man, don't overvalue the flavor of the moment. Posey to the Hornets does not push them into the NBA Finals. It makes them better, no doubt. But he's more a guy that you want to have if you make it to the Finals, not a guy whose presence pushes you in ipso facto. He's like Horry in that way.

WTF are you smoking lol

jack sommerset
07-09-2008, 11:30 AM
Please guys. Give it a rest. Its Posey, its fucking Posey. This years FA's suck. You all know this. Spurs did what that normally do in this market... Nothing. And now I have to hear how Posey made the Celtics run. Some are comparing him to Horry.. I am going to puke.

They get players through the draft. This might be the year to tank again. Hopefully land a franchise player next year. The summer is not over. Maybe something strange will happen, another team will buy out a good player and sign with the Spurs like Finley did.

TJastal
07-09-2008, 11:38 AM
Please guys. Give it a rest. Its Posey, its fucking Posey. This years FA's suck. You all know this. Spurs did what that normally do in this market... Nothing. And now I have to hear how Posey made the Celtics run. Some are comparing him to Horry.. I am going to puke.

They get players through the draft. This might be the year to tank again. Hopefully land a franchise player next year. The summer is not over. Maybe something strange will happen, another team will buy out a good player and sign with the Spurs like Finley did.

Omg... you should realize the importance of James Posey's contributions to the celtics title run. :wow

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-09-2008, 11:41 AM
:lmao
first Horry now Bowen.

Maybe you should start wondering why Celtics aren't ready to give him the full MLE while they did it for Maggette...

Neither Horry nor Bowen earn the full MLE.