PDA

View Full Version : So who's left?

picnroll
07-08-2008, 08:35 PM
Josh Childress - Maybe Clips go hard after Josh Smith and Hawks spend to retain him letting Childress go.

Azubuike - With Maggette surely he should be freed up

JR Smith - will Denver suffer the lux tax pain if the Spurs amke an MLE offer/

Jarvis Hayes?

Delfino - Is he really going back to Detroit? Hard to believe unless Dumar knows how bad the FA markert is.

Dorell Wright - Miami doesn't seem to high on him though

???? -

200 miles
07-08-2008, 08:43 PM
any pf's?

thekingrobert
07-08-2008, 08:45 PM
Roger Mason , shot 39% from the arc, he's 6'5" and can play point guard shots

NewJerSpur
07-08-2008, 09:03 PM
Matt Barnes...still my sleeper pick and he has worked out for SA in the past.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-08-2008, 09:04 PM
Smith.

urunobili
07-08-2008, 09:06 PM
My preference list:

1) Smith
2) Azubuike
3) Barnes
4) Dolphino

picnroll
07-08-2008, 09:07 PM
Hopefully Spurs make whatever move they are going to make soon (midinight) so they can start the clock ticking on their offer if it's for a RFA. Otherwise we might see just hanging back picking up a couple of Udoka-type cheap scraps that ultimately won't make a difference.

timvp
07-08-2008, 09:09 PM
Hopefully Spurs make whatever move they are going to make soon (midinight) so they can start the clock ticking on their offer if it's for a RFA. Otherwise we might see just hanging back picking up Jarvis Hayes.Fixed.

SequSpur
nothing but scrubs.... RC should be wacked immediately.

thekingrobert
say no to barnes

NewJerSpur
07-08-2008, 09:13 PM
Barnes has actually said no to the Spurs in the past. Things change.

SPURSGOAT
07-08-2008, 09:15 PM
JR
Childress
Azubuike
Barnes

timvp
07-08-2008, 09:17 PM
The Hawks would match an MLE offer for Childress even if they didn't have an owner.

200 miles
no pf's at all?

timvp
no pf's at all?Najera.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-08-2008, 09:20 PM
Kelenna Azubuike ftw :hat

Honestly, now we find out what plan A really was for the Spurs in free agency. They couldn't have anticipated Maggette getting freed up going into this summer. That was basically a target of opportunity.

Let's see what RC and Pop really had cooked up for this summer. Oh, and if it's re-signing Finley for a couple million a year, both RC and Pop need to be fired.

urunobili
07-08-2008, 09:20 PM
JR
Childress
Azubuike
Barnes

we don't have a shot to get childress

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-08-2008, 09:21 PM
The Hawks would match an MLE offer for Childress even if they didn't have an owner.

After paying $50 million/5 years for Maggette, I'm thinking Kelenna is there for the taking.

SenorSpur
07-08-2008, 09:21 PM
No scoring 2 guards are left - outside of the RFA that have already been mentioned.

SPURSGOAT
07-08-2008, 09:24 PM

True... Wonder if the Nuggets will match for JR too... SIGH! :depressed

Tully365
07-08-2008, 09:25 PM
No scoring 2 guards are left - outside of the RFA that have already been mentioned.

How many bullets does Julius Hodge still have in him? Not as many as 50 cent, but more than Brent Barry, right? Thin pickins...

montgod
07-08-2008, 09:25 PM
Josh Childress - Maybe Clips go hard after Josh Smith and Hawks spend to retain him letting Childress go.

Azubuike - With Maggette surely he should be freed up

JR Smith - will Denver suffer the lux tax pain if the Spurs amke an MLE offer/

Jarvis Hayes?

Delfino - Is he really going back to Detroit? Hard to believe unless Dumar knows how bad the FA markert is.

Dorell Wright - Miami doesn't seem to high on him though

???? -

Unfortunately, the majority of these players are RFA. 7 more days of torture if they try to sign JR, Azubuike, or Delfino.

I see SA going back and focusing on their own while they wait. Yes, that means K. Thomas, B. Barry, and possibly Finley and Horry for the min.

SPURSGOAT
07-08-2008, 09:26 PM
we don't have a shot to get childress

Yea just dreaming... I would settle for any of the other 3 I mentioned... :downspin:

benefactor
07-08-2008, 09:30 PM
Najera.
Ill take it if we can split the MLE between him and Azubuike.

Tully365
07-08-2008, 09:44 PM
Delonte West is restricted. Just his look alone would change the image of the Spurs forever. Good times. He played well in the playoffs. If Duhon gets the full MLE, what does poor Danny Ferry have to give West?

Marcus Bryant
07-08-2008, 09:45 PM
If Posey went for the MLE for 2 years, that'd be fine. Otherwise, go young.

Marcus Bryant
07-08-2008, 09:47 PM
Also, Barnes is available. Sign him for maybe $3.5 mil per for a couple of seasons and re-up Barry.

Tully365
07-08-2008, 09:49 PM
If Posey went for the MLE for 2 years, that'd be fine. Otherwise, go young.

I agree, but at age 31 (if I remember correctly) I don't see him settling for 2 years. I like him a lot, but is it worth the risk to offer 4 years?

Solid D
07-08-2008, 09:50 PM
Delonte West is restricted. Just his look alone would change the image of the Spurs forever. Good times. He played well in the playoffs. If Duhon gets the full MLE, what does poor Danny Ferry have to give West?

Well, the Spurs don't need another combo guard. They have G-Hill now. The Spurs do need another wing player who can defend opposing 2s and 3s. Posey would be ideal but it looks if he wants to go to New Orleans then that leaves JR or Azebueke as quality wings worth $5-7M.

Biggems
07-08-2008, 09:50 PM
Barnes, Mason, Barry, Horry, Thomas

Solid D
07-08-2008, 09:51 PM
Now Matt Barnes is a guy who can defend Dirk. He's proven that. He is a hustle guy and he can hit the three.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-08-2008, 09:51 PM
Give Kelenna a deal starting at the MLE for the next three years with a player option for 2010. I can't see Mullin, as stupid as he apparently is, paying Ellis 10 million, Jax 8 million, Maggette 8 million, and Kelenna 6 million.

NewJerSpur
07-08-2008, 09:53 PM
Also, Barnes is available. Sign him for maybe $3.5 mil per for a couple of seasons and re-up Barry.

In all of the mixup and malay that is free agency, I hope the Spurs don't let Barry drift out of sight. There isn't a set shooter in line to replace him in the forseeable future. And it goes without saying how I feel about Matt....:toast.

Tully365
07-08-2008, 09:57 PM
Well, the Spurs don't need another combo guard. They have G-Hill now. The Spurs do need another wing player who can defend opposing 2s and 3s. Posey would be ideal but it looks if he wants to go to New Orleans then that leaves JR or Azebueke as quality wings worth $5-7M.

I was kidding.
I wouldn't bet on Smith choosing the Spurs. Just my gut feeling. I like Azubuike, but so does everybody who watched him last year. He'll get eight offers to be overpaid and will probably take one, which the Warriors might match anyway.

Spurtacus
07-08-2008, 10:00 PM
My realistic preferences.

1. Azubuike
2. Mason
3. Wright
4. Delfino
5. Evans

Signing Brent Barry is a priority. We have no shot at JR Smith, imo.

itzsoweezee
07-08-2008, 10:03 PM
i want childress. but i'd be happy with azubuike, jr smith, or posey.

objective
07-08-2008, 10:07 PM
Azubuike isn't worth the MLE.

Comparisons to Udoka are spot on. Maybe a little more athletic. But he's a sub-10 points a game scorer and that's what he'll always be. Hell the numbers for Udoka in Portland 07 and Azubuike in GS 08 are almost identical.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-08-2008, 10:14 PM
Azubuike isn't worth the MLE.

Comparisons to Udoka are spot on. Maybe a little more athletic. But he's a sub-10 points a game scorer and that's what he'll always be. Hell the numbers for Udoka in Portland 07 and Azubuike in GS 08 are almost identical.

Damn people can be stupid.

Kelenna was averaging 17 PPG with Stephen Jackson on suspension to start the season.

He could easily be a double figure guy for the Spurs, as we'd let him shoot all he wants. It's not a crime to average almost 9 PPG on a team when you've got Baron Davis, Stephen Jackson, Monta Ellis, and Al Harrington on it. He was the sixth option on GS last year and nearly hit double figures. What did the sixth option for the Spurs score a game last year?

It's ridiculous to compare his scoring capacity to Udoka's. Udoka wouldn't have sniffed 5 PPG, let alone 8.5, on a team with that much firepower on it.

On second thought, fuck it. I hope SA passes on Kelenna. It will be awesome watching Finley's geriatric ass start for us again next year. :tu

Buddy Holly
07-08-2008, 10:17 PM
Is there a possibly to sign Delfino or Barnes for the LLE?

Edit: Meant Delfino.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-08-2008, 10:18 PM
Is there a possibly to sign Azubuike or Barnes for the LLE?

Azubuike no, and Barnes for the LLE is quite a stretch.

Buddy Holly
07-08-2008, 10:20 PM
Dude, you just asked for the cap and lux tax to be explained in laymans terms, so your opinion is worthless. No offense.

picnroll
07-08-2008, 10:20 PM
Hard to see paying Azubuike MLE when you compare his talents to Udoka's. Everybody thought early on last year in the FA period Spurs would have to pay much more for Udoka than they actually ended up paying.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-08-2008, 10:25 PM
Dude, you just asked for the cap and lux tax to be explained in laymans terms, so your opinion is worthless. No offense.

And you asked for the LLE. :)
Mkay well, if I must break it down...
The LLE is ~$1.9M a year. Azubuike showed last year by his improvement that he can be worth a lot more, possibly the MLE (~$5.2M).
And I doubt Barnes would even get out of California.

See, I'm not too clueless :D.

Buddy Holly
07-08-2008, 10:28 PM
And you asked for the LLE. :)
Mkay well, if I must break it down...
The LLE is ~$1.9M a year. Azubuike showed last year by his improvement that he can be worth a lot more, possibly the MLE (~$5.2M).
And I doubt Barnes would even get out of California.

See, I'm not too clueless :D.

Dude, you asked for laymen's terms about the cap, don't act like you didn't.

I meant Delfino and Barnes.

Barnes would rather not play in the NBA than play outside of Kalifonia?

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-08-2008, 10:33 PM
Dude, you asked for laymen's terms about the cap, don't act like you didn't.
Can you point out anything wrong with what I just said?

And what I meant is that if any of those changes have any serious impact on the current financial situation. Which they did, the MLE dropped to ~$5.6M (My previous statement was wrong, it was ~5.8M). I meant was if there's anything inbetween the lines that can affect the Spurs later.

I meant Delfino and Barnes.
Well, in that case, yes I do believe Delfino can be easily had for the LLE.

Barnes would rather not play in the NBA than play outside of Kalifonia?
Well, he has tried for the NFL...

loveforthegame
07-08-2008, 10:33 PM
Azubuike is there for the taking.

I hope the Spurs don't chase another pipe dream by going after Smith or Childress.

Buddy Holly
07-08-2008, 10:35 PM
Smith is a pipe dream?

SPURSGOAT
07-08-2008, 10:36 PM
25 minutes til we find out who is left... well till the reports come out in the next few hours

Manufan909
07-09-2008, 12:41 AM
Azubuike or Smith I would be fine with. I remember last seaon when the Spurs went to Denver that J.R. couldn't play D to save his life, but it isn't like he's being asked to replace a defensive powerhouse in Finley.

And Finley is one of our free agents, correct? wHO WOULD EVEN WANT HIM, ANYWAYS?

EDIT: Sorry, hit the caps button.

LakerLanny
07-09-2008, 01:59 AM
How about Luke Walton for Matt Bonner?

Radmanovic for Ime Udoka?

TDMVPDPOY
07-09-2008, 02:00 AM
And Finley is one of our free agents, correct? wHO WOULD EVEN WANT HIM, ANYWAYS?

EDIT: Sorry, hit the caps button.

MIAMI HEAT should go after FINLEY

hope they still have those finley in heat jersey banners from 05 lmao....straight up trade for dorell wright

should we also give a look to kenyon dooling? possible backup PG....

TJastal
07-09-2008, 11:04 AM
Kelenna > Smith IMO, and here's proof :downspin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma1muMt3Q-k&feature=related

I wouldn't be upset about getting Azubuike in free agency. I researched a bit on Azu, and he looks like the best of what's still available. Would probably relegate Udoka to permanent bench status, but oh well. He is defenitely a much better offensive option than Udoka and can play some defense too.

picnroll
07-09-2008, 11:05 AM
Radmanovic for Ime Udoka?

Throw in Bryant and you have a deal.