PDA

View Full Version : Trade Parker or Manu??

Josepatches
07-09-2008, 12:58 AM
OK this is fantasy and it never will happen but...

IMO it will be very difficult to win another tittle with the actual team.Right now we only can resign Barry,Thomas,Finley...and who more? Azubuike? Jr Smith? ....
No Maggette,No Brand,no Pietrus,no Baron Davis,no Duhon,no......
I think that we have to make a trade but we can't get Gasol like Lakers did if we only want to trade Obertos,Finleys or Udokas.
IMO the best option right now could be trade one of Parker-Manu for 2-3 good players.
a good PG,Center and resign Finley and Barry

Example with New Jersey: Harris,Sean Williams and Diop,Swift or Krstic
with Portland: Roy and Frye (for Parker) or Webster,Outlaw and Aldridge (for Manu)
---with Wolves: Jefferson,Randy Foye,Brewer,Mike Miller
---with Kings: Martin,Brad miller,Udrich
---with Atlanta:Josh Smith,Joe Johnson,bibby
---with Sixers: Dalembert,Andre miller,Louis Williams
---or Charlotte:Okafor,wallace and felton

or more fantasy we could trade Manu and parker to Orlando for Howard,Turkoglu and Arroyo or Redick and Nelson

Or trade any of them for Howard.

And that's not fantasy
I don't know what we can do but we have to do something because it will be more difficult than never to win with only TD(32),Manu (31 and tired or injured if he would be in the Olympics) and Parker.Right now we have 3 and no more.

Big P
07-09-2008, 12:59 AM
wtf are you talking about??

TDMVPDPOY
07-09-2008, 01:04 AM
only parker has value

ginoboli is over the hill now

AC#21_TD ERA
07-09-2008, 01:26 AM
If we can’t get JR Smith then we have to make a trade. I wouldn't trade Parker. But if Manu plays in the Olympics then we have to look at trading him. What value is he going to be for us when the season starts? His body won’t be fully healed. His body would give up on him mid way through the season. Will be experiencing the Manu of the WCF all over again.

BigBigSpur
07-09-2008, 01:55 AM
Trade Manu for Webster,Outlaw and Aldridge, as quickly as possible!

tmtcsc
07-09-2008, 02:11 AM
Spurs Fans have officially lost their fucking minds. Once again, do you realize what a bargain Manu Ginobili is ? He will not be traded because he's a stud AND you cannot get equal value in return.

He hurt his ankle....BAD, and still played as hard as he could. He put up 30 something pts on 1 wheel and yet you folks are ready to throw him under the bus to get younger dudes that haven't won shit.

C'mon now..Maggette is not the end-all. We should have never even had a shot in this FA class. So now, its back to the original plan. Somehow, find a solid 15 pts a game from 1 source or a combined source. Smith, Azabuike, Mason...I don't care.

tmtcsc
07-09-2008, 02:13 AM
ginoboli is over the hill now

Of course he is...hill is a rookie. :lol

brettn
07-09-2008, 02:20 AM
youre a fucking idiot whoever started this thread.

dastrey
07-09-2008, 02:32 AM
This thread is embarrassing. The Spurs were one bad ankle away from getting to the Finals, and now this team is in trouble because we can't replace an over the hill Finley? Sure getting Maggette would have been nice, but all the Spurs need is a serviceable 2 guard that can put up 12-15 ppg and give Manu some rest. Roger Mason would be an upgrade over Finley for crying out loud. Please stop panicking.

brettn
07-09-2008, 02:35 AM
or more fantasy we could trade Manu and parker to Orlando for Howard,Turkoglu and Arroyo or Redick and Nelson

Or trade any of them for Howard.

And that's not fantasy
I don't know what we can do but we have to do something because it will be more difficult than never to win with only TD(32),Manu (31 and tired or injured if he would be in the Olympics) and Parker.Right now we have 3 and no more.

do you realize you stupid you sound? really?

I'd get in to detail about how stupid this trade sounds, for both teams, but hopefully someone takes it upon themselves to explain it. Orlando trading there young, up and coming, possibly the most dominant center in the NBA in years, for an aging ginobili or parker? You're out of your fucking mind. "We have to do something." Yea, do something. trade the core of our team? No. Fucking idiot. Learn something about basketball before you act like you know what the fuck you're talking about. Epic fail of a thread.

And yes I'm drunk so I'm being especially mean to idiots like this.

P.S. We have 4 and "no more." Douchegbag.

AusSpursFan
07-09-2008, 03:29 AM
are you high? Tony, Manu and Duncan make this team what it is and each of them is of a championship caliber. Your problem right now is with the complimentary players. We need guys who can learn the San Antonio defense, but also bear some of the scoring load. To me this requires a replacement for Oberto and a younger, more athletic bench with a few proven scorers. It is time for the front office to pull their fingers out and make some serious offers to guys like Childress, J.R. Smith and Roger Mason and stop pursuing pipe dreams like Maggette.

JPB
07-09-2008, 03:44 AM
It's been a long time.

:rolleyes

anakha
07-09-2008, 03:53 AM
Bah. I'm disappointed.

I was expecting today's meltdown to rival that made during the draft.

Sissiborgo
07-09-2008, 05:32 AM
You Won't trade Parker og Ginobili tha'ts 2 strars that we have and we can't miss em:rolleyes

mathbzh
07-09-2008, 05:34 AM
We go nowhere with our subpar big 3...Trade Duncan for Randolph, Parker for Starbury and Ginobili for Vince Carter... do it NOW :bang

Sissiborgo
07-09-2008, 05:36 AM
haha so you want to destroy Spurs Vince caret ain't doing none and come on Randolph haha hes just a trouble maker...

thekingrobert
07-09-2008, 05:43 AM
the sky is falling the sky is falling

amy020
07-09-2008, 06:41 AM
I really can't understand why you guys are so worried. since there can be only one team to win the championship, does that mean every year all of the other 29 teams have to make big trade? hey, we have played the wcf , at least it shows that the spurs is one of the good teams in the league, right? some trade maybe necessary to make us a better team to fight for the final,but do we need to change our core players? if we move the big three, we'll only be far away from the final .

rj215
07-09-2008, 06:46 AM
man oh man. trading any of the big three while they're still in their prime and while we still have a legit chance at the title IS THE DUMBEST IDEA EVER!!!

so we lost out on maggette....big fuckin deal...last i checked we were a bad ankle away from getting past the lakers and maybe winning title 5.

and now all the fair weather fans decide that the sky is falling.....what a bunch of pussies!

don't get me wrong, we could've used CM and i was as disappointed as anyone but the offseason isn't over yet....bring on JR!

ElNono
07-09-2008, 06:47 AM
http://images.tribe.net/tribe/upload/photo/16e/d51/16ed5159-67d8-4339-b5ab-337a0fedfa01

mathbzh
07-09-2008, 06:48 AM
haha so you want to destroy Spurs Vince caret ain't doing none and come on Randolph haha hes just a trouble maker...

Mmm maybe it was just some sarcasm... I though it was obvious :rolleyes

Sissiborgo
07-09-2008, 07:07 AM
yeah that's right:toast

GrandeDavid
07-09-2008, 07:12 AM
Dude, if it weren't for the trio of Manu, Duncan and Parker, guys like Maggette wouldn't have pondered coming here in the first place, much less for a pay cut.Maggette made the right decision in going after the higher pay. If a multinational offers me a sweet deal and wants me to relocate to Amazonas, then I'll be practicing blow darting soon.

tonyisamazing
07-09-2008, 05:34 PM
Please let's not completely jump ship. Trading Manu or Tony would make us worse off not better. We wouldn't have won the 2007 title without Parker and we wouldn't have won in 03, 05, or 07 without Manu. That would be the stupidest trade ever. Also it's not like we did bad this year, we did make it to the WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALS. Let's just add some one like JR Smith and we'll be fine

LakerHater
07-09-2008, 05:39 PM
http://board.freeones.com/images/smilies/banhim.gif

ducks
07-09-2008, 05:39 PM
trading tp would be stupid

spurman20
07-09-2008, 05:40 PM
Will never trade either one

td4mvp21
07-09-2008, 05:51 PM
What the fuck?

Spurtacus
07-09-2008, 05:53 PM
Why does this thread continue to exist?

Cheese
07-09-2008, 07:38 PM
Im not going for it...Not now,not ever....

all_heart
07-09-2008, 08:36 PM
Spurs Fans have officially lost their fucking minds. Once again, do you realize what a bargain Manu Ginobili is ? He will not be traded because he's a stud AND you cannot get equal value in return.

He hurt his ankle....BAD, and still played as hard as he could. He put up 30 something pts on 1 wheel and yet you folks are ready to throw him under the bus to get younger dudes that haven't won shit.

C'mon now..Maggette is not the end-all. We should have never even had a shot in this FA class. So now, its back to the original plan. Somehow, find a solid 15 pts a game from 1 source or a combined source. Smith, Azabuike, Mason...I don't care.

EXACTLY!!!!! Trade Manu?! GTF outta here! Manu is an absolute beast when healthy.

jack sommerset
07-09-2008, 08:47 PM
Without question MANGOO! Some team would give you more than he is worth. DO IT!

tim_duncan_fan
07-09-2008, 09:14 PM
manu isn't as great and untradeable as people think. I would field offers for him. He's getting worn down it only makes sense to look at every option.

tmtcsc
07-09-2008, 11:10 PM
manu isn't as great and untradeable as people think. I would field offers for him. He's getting worn down it only makes sense to look at every option.

Worn down ? He just had his best statistical season as a Spur. He threw down a dunk on Yao Ming, went off for 48 on the road w/o Tony against Cleveland and he's worn down ?

Was Tim "worn down" after he sprained his ankle against the Pistons a couple of years back ? Manu was injured, give the guy a break. He'll be back next year and will be better than ever. Now that he was forced to shoot the 3, people will be more likely to try and stay out on him. He'll blow right by them. Sasha better hide and take cover when he comes to the arena next year. What ever team he's on.