PDA

View Full Version : Since we cant get anything from free agency, should we bring over Robertas Javtokas?

Srupsog
07-09-2008, 04:19 AM
Since the spurs aren't getting shit out of the free agency, I think the spurs should bring over Robertas Javtokas, seeing how the spurs need athletic bigs. Javtokas is a bigger more skilled Adriens Biedris. He would be a great fit next to duncan.

TDMVPDPOY
07-09-2008, 06:50 AM
he gets paid more in europe compared to the crap nba rookie salary he be on if his brought over.....

AusSpursFan
07-09-2008, 07:16 AM
don't know a lot about him, but saw his highlights on youtube and as a result would say he is worth considering if the price is right.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-09-2008, 07:33 AM
Who says we can't get anything from free agency? Last time I checked, Smith, Azubuike, Posey, and many others were still there.

Biggems
07-09-2008, 07:34 AM
He isnt subject to the rookie cap is he? i thought since he was a 2nd round pick, we could pay him more because he isnt stuck in the 1st round fixed wage scale.

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-09-2008, 07:48 AM
He isnt subject to the rookie cap is he? i thought since he was a 2nd round pick, we could pay him more because he isnt stuck in the 1st round fixed wage scale.

Spurs should be able pay him MLE because he is 2nd round pick.

SenorSpur
07-09-2008, 07:51 AM
Can try. But with the money he's making in the Russian League, I can't see how he would suddenly decide to turn that down and come over here to play for a rookie contract.

Extra Stout
Javtokas sucks.

Mr.Bottomtooth

Yes but he isn't worth the MLE.

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-09-2008, 07:59 AM
Yes but he isn't worth the MLE.

I already figure his worth in other thread. He is same as 3 years $12 million gross contract in NBA. So he is not worth MLE but he is worth 3 years $12 millions. And since this less than MLE and he is 2nd round pick Spurs can sign him if he want try NBA.

But many fan here seem think he accept LLE or some thing like this. Spurs will need at least be fair if they want actual get some free agents.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-09-2008, 08:04 AM
Javtokas sucks.

And it's a bit early to panic about free agency. Maggette was a target of opportunity, not Plan A for the Spurs this summer...

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-09-2008, 08:15 AM
I already figure his worth in other thread. He is same as 3 years $12 million gross contract in NBA. So he is not worth MLE but he is worth 3 years $12 millions. And since this less than MLE and he is 2nd round pick Spurs can sign him if he want try NBA.

But many fan here seem think he accept LLE or some thing like this. Spurs will need at least be fair if they want actual get some free agents.

Yes but not all players work out in the NBA, which is why most of them come to the NBA on cheap contracts at first. If Javtokas were to not pan out, we would be left with a terrible center and about 4M a year wasted.

Marcus Bryant
07-09-2008, 08:17 AM
What? He's not receiving 3 years, $73 mil?

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-09-2008, 08:21 AM
Yes but not all players work out in the NBA, which is why most of them come to the NBA on cheap contracts at first. If Javtokas were to not pan out, we would be left with a terrible center and about 4M a year wasted.

Then Spurs can not even try signs him. I don't care if Spurs get him or not. I am just stating fact. Not fantasy. "All players is take less money for glory of NBA"

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-09-2008, 08:24 AM
Then Spurs can not even try signs him. I don't care if Spurs get him or not. I am just stating fact. Not fantasy. "All players is take less money for glory of NBA"

Well then I guess Javtokas' dream isn't to come to the NBA.

stretch
07-09-2008, 08:29 AM
why are we even taking anything Kill Bill says seriously? Isn't this the same stupid idiot that said Vassilis Spanoulis or someone like that is better than Kobe, Lebron, etc...?

tav1
07-09-2008, 08:43 AM

There is no way in Hell in the Spurs would or should pay Javtokas the full MLE.

Mr. Body
07-09-2008, 08:51 AM
Does not fill a need well.

Will not come over.

Bad blood on both sides potentially.

Moving on.

Obstructed_View
07-09-2008, 08:54 AM
I'd personally consider retaining Bones and KT a free agent win, and the Spurs still have a decent chance to upgrade Finley or Horry with someone that's out there.

oligarchy
07-09-2008, 09:14 AM
And it's a bit early to panic about free agency. Maggette was a target of opportunity, not Plan A for the Spurs this summer...

What? They had to know he was going to opt-out and take the MLE. He screwed them and now the Spurs have nothing else but to look at but D-Leaguers and overseas players. :lol

picnroll
07-09-2008, 09:28 AM
Wonder if his rights have any trade value? Is he better than Turiaf who just got a nice chunk from GS?

Package his rights in a trade for JR Smith, Dorell Wright? Whoever?

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-09-2008, 10:37 AM
There is no way in Hell in the Spurs would or should pay Javtokas the full MLE.

Point out where I ever make this suggestion. Reading skills is very poor here in this forum.

picnroll
07-09-2008, 10:53 AM
I see where Marc Gasol just signed for 3 years $10 million. Surely he could have done better in Europe with the tax free Euros. And Rudy must have taken a pay cut to play for the Blazers. Seems like players with balls and confidence still want to play in the big leagues, not in the C-league.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-09-2008, 10:53 AM
Point out where I ever make this suggestion. Reading skills is very poor here in this forum.

He no say you say that Spurs would pay Javtokas full MLE, he just say that it is very unlikely Spurs gives full MLE to Javtokas.

angelbelow
07-09-2008, 10:54 AM
im game.

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-09-2008, 12:51 PM
I see where Marc Gasol just signed for 3 years $10 million. Surely he could have done better in Europe with the tax free Euros. And Rudy must have taken a pay cut to play for the Blazers. Seems like players with balls and confidence still want to play in the big leagues, not in the C-league.

Spanish players have more high image of NBA than players from east Europe. How many ways these issues need be explain here? Many different cultures in Europe but US people just try lump them all as same.:rolleyes

Different mind set totally.

Obstructed_View
07-09-2008, 01:09 PM
Spanish players have more high image of NBA than players from east Europe. How many ways these issues need be explain here? Many different cultures in Europe but US people just try lump them all as same.:rolleyes

Many different people in Spain, but Greek hypocrites just try lump them all as same. Always lump people as same until it don't suit his argment of moment. :rolleyes

picnroll
07-09-2008, 01:14 PM

So which part of east Europe is Splitter from? And where in Spain is Javtokas from?

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-09-2008, 01:26 PM
So many people here now in ignore.

You believe that I am stupid and cannot see how much you make fun of me because of being Greek and way of talking. Disgusting and very pathetic.

Anyway Lithuanian player Spurs should try is Siskauskas.

Indazone
07-09-2008, 01:28 PM
Spurs need a center. Doesn't Pana have a very good Center who played in the last Olympics?

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-09-2008, 01:34 PM
Spurs need a center. Doesn't Pana have a very good Center who played in the last Olympics?

No. Maybe you think of Papadopoulos? He is Greek center of national team at last Olympics. He retire from national team couple weeks ago. He used to play for PAO before when they wins Euroleague in 2002.

He play for Real Madrid last year. He is available now to any team that will accept his ask price. 2.2 million euros net salary. This is more than MLE. I guess maybe in his case he would accept just MLE if it was NBA team.

Because he is head of players union in Greece and he is try many things to gain power and it not happen. He was in true story kicked off national team because he demand that players should get benefits. If he was to join NBA he would have more power in federation because he could say he is only Greek NBA player.

I guess Spurs would know him and if they would have any interest because he play last year in same league as Splitter.

Indazone
07-09-2008, 01:41 PM
Yeah Papadopoulos is who I was thinking of. How old is he and does he still have the skills to play? He was a very big center that got lots of easy layups off pick and rolls and backdoor cuts last time the USA and Greece met in the Olympics.

Taking it to the Hole
07-09-2008, 02:22 PM
Just amazes me how we get screwed by free agents in this country over money and get screwed by international picks wanting more money by playing in Europe. Seems to be all about the money wherever you go?

fubarcrew01
07-09-2008, 02:27 PM
isn't the reason this guy is even walking because of the spurs and the money they invested into his health after his motorcycle accident. Does this guy not have any sense of gratitude towards what the spurs did for him and maybe he should throw them a bone and sign on the cheap?? I don't know if he'd work or not, but the spurs obviously at one point thought he was worthy enough to draft so thats gotta count for something..

Obstructed_View
07-09-2008, 02:31 PM
So many people here now in ignore.

You believe that I am stupid and cannot see how much you make fun of me because of being Greek and way of talking. Disgusting and very pathetic.

Anyway Lithuanian player Spurs should try is Siskauskas.

I won't take a page from your book and speak for others, but I think you are stupid because you are such a bigot. You only lump people together when it suits you, and then you feign indignation when you feel threatened.

BTW, my making fun of your broken Amerikan isn't subtle, so you aren't terribly clever for noticing it.

And your stupidity and narrow-mindedness is FAR too entertaining; you'll be the last dumbass on my ignore list. :lol

coopdogg3
07-09-2008, 02:52 PM
Does not fill a need well.

Will not come over.

Bad blood on both sides potentially.

Moving on.

True, but if he pans out, that does give the Spurs a trade piece. He would still have to be willing to play for less than he would make in Russia - and I don't see that happening.

spurman20
07-09-2008, 03:01 PM
Bring him over now....sign Thomas and trade him to Miami who wants him bad for D Wright and the a second rounder we give them our beno trade exp everyone is happy

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-09-2008, 03:10 PM
Bring him over now....sign Thomas and trade him to Miami who wants him bad for D Wright and the a second rounder we give them our beno trade exp everyone is happy

That trade is both illegal and fucking awful.

spurman20
07-09-2008, 03:15 PM
That trade is both illegal and fucking awful.

How is it illegal and awful? We get a young athletic wing and get rid of a old man who got his ass beat by everyone....we sign a athletic C in Javtokas who could at least give us what Thomas did without the assistance of a wheel chair. Or we could take the Mle and go after Krystic from Jersey who would fit well ...and who the spurs tried to trade up to draft a couple years ago.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-09-2008, 03:20 PM
How is it illegal?
Can't trade a trade exception with a player.

We get a young athletic wing and get rid of a old man who got his ass beat by everyone....
In case you didn't know, the Spurs wouldn't have been able to hold their own against Amare and Shaq without Kurt.

we sign a athletic C in Javtokas
It's not even sure whether or not he wants to come.

who could at least give us what Thomas did without the assistance of a wheel chair.
You don't know that.

Or we could take the Mle and go after Krystic from Jersey who would fit well ...and who the spurs tried to trade up to draft a couple years ago.
And is now injury prone.

spurman20
07-09-2008, 03:25 PM
Can't trade a trade exception with a player.

In case you didn't know, the Spurs wouldn't have been able to hold their own against Amare and Shaq without Kurt.

It's not even sure whether or not he wants to come.

You don't know that.

And is now injury prone.

You got me on the trade exp.....I know KT still has value to use but we must do something to improve.....same team a year older is not gonna get it done...

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-09-2008, 03:30 PM
You got me on the trade exp.....I know KT still has value to use but we must do something to improve.....same team a year older is not gonna get it done...

Yes, but that shouldn't come at sacrificing Thomas. He's too valuable to us.

spurman20
07-09-2008, 03:34 PM
Yes, but that shouldn't come at sacrificing Thomas. He's too valuable to us.

What do you think of Tony Allen from Boston....he was coveted by the spurs several years ago and is young athletic and can score and defend could be had cheep maybe for LLE

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-09-2008, 04:33 PM
What do you think of Tony Allen from Boston....he was coveted by the spurs several years ago and is young athletic and can score and defend could be had cheep maybe for LLE

If Barry declines our offer, then I'd welcome it.

wildbill2u
07-09-2008, 04:50 PM
Just amazes me how we get screwed by free agents in this country over money and get screwed by international picks wanting more money by playing in Europe. Seems to be all about the money wherever you go?

You're absolutely right! I know that most of the posters on this site work for less than they could get elsewhere just because they like the company or their co-workers.

we're all altruists here.

Sissiborgo
07-09-2008, 06:15 PM
I'm not sure he will fit next to duncan but i wish we had got Scola he would have fit next to duncan!:toast

Sissiborgo
07-09-2008, 06:19 PM
And i think we will get some free agent i hope so haha:toast