PDA

View Full Version : Close to a Odom/Artest deal?

2Cleva
07-09-2008, 12:46 PM
As for future roster movement beyond second-round pick signings or summer league surprises, there is little to watch for from here on out other than a potential Ron Artest trade.

I've been told by numerous reliable people that it could happen quickly and that the Kings have already received calls from some of the expected pursuers of the small forward. The Lakers rang with no call back as yet from the Kings, and it appears the pieces in that possible deal have not changed. The Lakers are willing to offer forward Lamar Odom, but the question is whether they're willing to take on the contract of forward Kenny Thomas (two seasons, approximately $18 million left).

Of course, it has seemed before as if certain trades were inevitable and they either didn't happen or took months longer than expected, so who knows how this will play out. Odom works for the Kings in a number of ways, though, from his versatility that fits more with Geoff Petrie's offensive vision to the fact that his contract (for $14.5 million) is expiring. If the combo works, you try to lock Odom up next summer. If not, you have cap room earlier than expected and go from there. - Sam Amick

Link (http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/sports/kings/archives/013759.html)

Gino
07-09-2008, 12:51 PM
I can't even tell you how much I want the Lakers to make this trade.

Not only will they be getting the biggest nut job in the league, but they'd be losing their best rebounder (no offense, Bynum) and passer.

jacobdrj
07-09-2008, 12:52 PM
Phill Jackson, meet Dennis Rodman part deux.

Phil, Dennis
Dennis, Phil

Now that we have the formalities out of the way, lets play some defense!

Gino
07-09-2008, 12:55 PM
Phill Jackson, meet Dennis Rodman part deux.

Phil, Dennis
Dennis, Phil

Now that we have the formalities out of the way, lets play some defense!

Problem is Kobe != Jordan.

You think Artest will respect Kobe the way Rodman respected Jordan?

And Rodman part duex already happened in L.A.

It was Dennis Rodman. And it was a bust.

TheMadHatter
07-09-2008, 01:00 PM
Kenny Thomas is the deal breaker. If they throw in Mikkii Moore instead I'd do the deal, any deal we make with Odom has to include a PF/C since we are losing Turiaf.

TheMadHatter
07-09-2008, 01:01 PM

Idiot. Artest loves Kobe, he has MAD respect for him. Go watch the interview they did together.

xtremesteven33
07-09-2008, 01:02 PM
Artest for Odom would be a good trade for both teams.

Lakers would lose versatility at the 3 spot. also good rebounding
they would gain better defense though.

idk.....
C-Bynum
PF-Gasol
SF-Artest
SG-Bryant
PG-Fisher

looks pretty darn good

TheMadHatter
07-09-2008, 01:05 PM
The Lakers don't really need LO's versatility anymore. They need players that fit the system at their respective positions.

Artest shoots well enough to space the floor and can defend SF's better than Odom. His contract is also significantly cheaper. I think he's worth the risk, but not if it means we gotta take back Kenny Thomas' toxic contract.

IronMexican
07-09-2008, 01:06 PM
Artest has a man crush on Kobe.

and why does everyone overrate odumb?

JamStone
07-09-2008, 01:18 PM
Artest would let Kobe go Colorado on him. I think it would help improve the Lakers' roster tremendously.

Vinnie_Johnson
07-09-2008, 01:20 PM
:hungry: Come on Make that trade Lakers it will be fun to watch.

Gino
07-09-2008, 02:03 PM
Idiot. Artest loves Kobe, he has MAD respect for him. Go watch the interview they did together.

:rolleyes

The proverbial "He'll be different when he's on our team because we're special".

Its what made Gasol stop being soft, Jason Kidd stop being old and Shaquille Oneal stop being fat.

Of course Im all for it. Here's hoping the Lakers will end up with TWO headcases on a team with a coach who only addresses his players through the media.

That has CHAMPIONSHIP written all over it!!! :lobt2:

jack sommerset
07-09-2008, 02:22 PM
Artest would let Kobe go Colorado on him. I think it would help improve the Lakers' roster tremendously.

Thats what I was thinking. Kobe can do his "thing" with Artest. Kobe needs to get Bynum under his spell. Maxing out Bynum would be a big mistake.

JamStone
07-09-2008, 02:25 PM
There is only one NBA championship team a season. The "he'll be different" thing may or may not work, but it's not dependant on whether the team winning a title or even going deep in the playoffs as long as that player doesn't act all crazy and continues to be a distraction the way he had been in the past to the extent it hurts the team.

Rasheed Wallace, Dennis Rodman, Jason Williams, JR Rider are solid of examples where they were "different" enough to help their teams win championships without being too much of a distraction.

Tully365
07-09-2008, 02:31 PM
The Lakers have a ton of talent already-- bringing in Artest is a big risk. They already stole Gasol from Memphis-- why not try to steal Lowry too? If Odom's the #4 guy on your team, you're in pretty good shape, especially if he's back to playing SF instead of PF.

2Cleva
07-09-2008, 02:38 PM
The Lakers have a ton of talent already-- bringing in Artest is a big risk. They already stole Gasol from Memphis-- why not try to steal Lowry too? If Odom's the #4 guy on your team, you're in pretty good shape, especially if he's back to playing SF instead of PF.

Artest is a risk but he brings more to the SF position that LA needs than Odom. His defense and keeping defenses honest with his outside shot.

Now, LA has the luxury of putting someone else on the toughest offensive player and allowing Kobe the freedom to attack on offense in the 4th.

leemajors
07-09-2008, 02:40 PM
Artest is a risk but he brings more to the SF position that LA needs than Odom. His defense and keeping defenses honest with his outside shot.

Now, LA has the luxury of putting someone else on the toughest offensive player and allowing Kobe the freedom to attack on offense in the 4th.

wait till he tries to take the scoring load and shots from kobe. this should be great if it happens.

hater
07-09-2008, 02:48 PM
my contribution: fuck the lakers

IronMexican
07-09-2008, 02:52 PM
my contribution: fuck the lakers

:toast on living up to you're name

z0sa
07-09-2008, 03:59 PM
Phil and Kobe could probably rein him in ...

But they lose their best rebounder and a big part of their running game. Artest is not the playmaker Odom is.

TDMVPDPOY
07-09-2008, 10:41 PM
wtf would the kings do such a deal to there nemesis? beyond stupidity

TheMadHatter
07-09-2008, 10:54 PM
The deal is a steal for the Kings. Ron isn't part of their future, and Odom is the kind of player they are lacking right now. He could fit in quite well with their uptempo offense, and even if things don't work out he has a massive expiring contract that would make him a huge trading chip. On top of that they want to unload a garbage contract in Kenny Thomas.

I doubt this would ever happen though. The Kings would have to sweeten the pot by adding Brad Miller or Mikki Moore, which the Lakers would need if Ronny is a goner. The Kings would never ever do a trade that fairly benefited both them and the Lakers, the only way they trade with us is if they are completely ass-raping us every which way.

21_Blessings
07-09-2008, 11:41 PM

Yes, Artest has already said that Kobe, "is my idol."

Spurtacus
07-10-2008, 12:23 AM
Yes, Artest has already said that Kobe, "is my idol."

Probably because Kobe knows what Shaq's ass tastes like. Artest wants some of that.

angelbelow
07-10-2008, 12:43 AM
wtf would the kings do such a deal to there nemesis? beyond stupidity

to be fair, i dont think the kings can call the lakers their nemesis after sucking for many many seasons.

i do think this is a good deal for both teams though. lakers, imo, would go from contenders, to favorites barring chemistry problems and injuries.

21_Blessings
07-10-2008, 02:43 AM
t
i would go from contenders, to favorites barring chemistry problems and injuries.

:lol They're already the favorites with Bynum coming back. Ron Artest just fills the hole at the 3 for a two way shooting forward. Both things Odom isn't capable of doing (shooting and playing defense)

cash459
07-10-2008, 08:05 AM
:lol They're already the favorites with Bynum coming back. Ron Artest just fills the hole at the 3 for a two way shooting forward. Both things Odom isn't capable of doing (shooting and playing defense)

according to who? you? Mister "I make predictions and then watch them blow up in my face.....and then disappear for weeks on end" :lol

21_Blessings
07-10-2008, 09:14 AM
according to who? you?

To anyone with a brain. The Lakers are young and will only get better. If you don't think Bynum coming back is significant leap in talent you're delusional.

The Celtics are going to be a year older and most likely losing Posey.

Spurs are done, expect another curbstomping via the Lakers in the western playoffs. Again.

SenorSpur
07-10-2008, 09:33 AM
The deal is a steal for the Kings. Ron isn't part of their future, and Odom is the kind of player they are lacking right now. He could fit in quite well with their uptempo offense, and even if things don't work out he has a massive expiring contract that would make him a huge trading chip. On top of that they want to unload a garbage contract in Kenny Thomas.

I doubt this would ever happen though. The Kings would have to sweeten the pot by adding Brad Miller or Mikki Moore, which the Lakers would need if Ronny is a goner. The Kings would never ever do a trade that fairly benefited both them and the Lakers, the only way they trade with us is if they are completely ass-raping us every which way.

I also see this propsed trade as a bigger win for the Kings - for various reasons.

Yes, Odom is a better fit for the Kings than Artest is for the Fakers. One thing about Ron, despite how great a player he is, he IS NOT going to defer to anyone. Sure, he'll make the Fakers a tougher defensive teams, but I would expect a distruption in whatever team chemistry they have because of his unpredictable tempermant.

picnroll
07-10-2008, 11:20 AM
Phil never managed Rodman, Jordan did. Look how welol Phyllis managed Shaq and Kobe. The tool did manage to write a tell al book though.

And the first time Kobe goers off on Artest Artest is likely to coldcock the sucker which would make the trade worth while to me.

z0sa
07-10-2008, 12:06 PM
To anyone with a brain. The Lakers are young and will only get better. If you don't think Bynum coming back is significant leap in talent you're delusional.

The Celtics are going to be a year older and most likely losing Posey.

Spurs are done, expect another curbstomping via the Lakers in the western playoffs. Again.

No. Spurs are favorites.

The_Game
07-10-2008, 12:41 PM
No. Spurs are favorites.

don't be such an idiotic homer

spurs are not close to being the favourites.

if boston keep posey they are the title favourites followed by L.A

IronMexican
07-10-2008, 02:38 PM
Didn't vegas have LA as favorites? I could be wrong though.

Showtime24 LAKERS
07-10-2008, 03:13 PM
No. Spurs are favorites.

the SPURS??? the old ass spurs that got exposed in the WFC by the lakers??? :lmao give me a breaaaakkkkk!!!!!

Red Hawk #21
07-10-2008, 03:23 PM
I hope the Kings do this trade, I've been waiting to see them bounce back and its this kind of trade that will help them imo.

Ghazi
07-10-2008, 04:28 PM
How would that let the Kings bounce back? Ron Artest is a better player than Lamar Odom.

Red Hawk #21
07-10-2008, 04:31 PM
The Kings would still have other issues but I think getting rid of that psycho Artest and Kenny thomas's useless contract would be a big help to them. And I just think Odom would be a better fit for that team.

Ghazi
07-10-2008, 04:31 PM
I don't buy the Lakers are young argument, either. Gasol, Kobe, Odom are all in their primes, they're going to play at about the same level they did this year... Bynum is a question mark, Vujacic MEH just a role player coming off the bench, Radmanovic blows and his age has nothing to do with that, Turiaf's gone, Farmar possibly but Fisher is old too

When I think of young teams I think of a team like the Sixers or Hawks or Blazers, not the Lakers.

And the Mavs are title favorites :D

Red Hawk #21
07-10-2008, 04:36 PM
You make a good point about the Lakers, their youth is overrated. I dont see them winning shit until that soft defense improves to be honest. Your crazy if you think the Mavs are title contenders, The West is too tough but I think if Gerald Green has matured and if Josh Howard has gotten his mind right they will be a solid team.

Gino
07-10-2008, 04:48 PM
I think the key for the Spurs will be the health of their big three. All their other guys are pretty irrelevant.

As far as Lakers, I can't believe they want to bring in Ron Artest when the biggest thing they're lacking is leadership and mental toughness.

Artest is going to teach them not to fold like a tortilla? :rolleyes

z0sa
07-10-2008, 04:51 PM
don't be such an idiotic homer

spurs are not close to being the favourites.

if boston keep posey they are the title favourites followed by L.A

You know an LA fan just said the Lakers are favorites, right?

Grow some balls and man up for your team.

Spurs are favorites to anyone with a brain.

z0sa
07-10-2008, 04:54 PM
the SPURS??? the old ass spurs that got exposed in the WFC by the lakers??? :lmao give me a breaaaakkkkk!!!!!

Exposed for an injury Manu couldn't hide anymore.

Lakers got exposed for being a bunch of soft pussies.

Kobe™
07-10-2008, 05:01 PM
IF lakers can get this deal done.
Barring Injuries and No Huge Nuclear Explosion from inside the squad.

The :lobt2: is ours.

Gino
07-10-2008, 05:05 PM

And who better to deliver a Nuclear Explosion than Ron the Ar-Test?

z0sa
07-10-2008, 05:12 PM

http://hughesforamerica.typepad.com/hughes_for_america/images/2.jpg

Expect the expected.

Kobe™
07-10-2008, 05:14 PM
LoL
CHAMPIONSHIPS have been won with the dennis rodmans and rasheed wallaces of the world.

U guys know, if artest is controlled, which phil is more then capable of doing.
and since he is friends with KB

the lakers are the best team in the NBA By a MILE

JamStone
07-10-2008, 05:31 PM
I think the key for the Spurs will be the health of their big three. All their other guys are pretty irrelevant.

As far as Lakers, I can't believe they want to bring in Ron Artest when the biggest thing they're lacking is leadership and mental toughness.

Artest is going to teach them not to fold like a tortilla? :rolleyes

Lakers didn't lack leadership. But, they did lack some toughness, not necessarily mental toughness. Artest could have made a huge difference by putting him on Pierce. Now, this past year, the Lakers might not have been as good, but if you trade Odom for Artest and Andrew Bynum recovers well, that adds defensive toughness and makes the Lakers very, very dangerous.

If the Lakers weren't adding a healthy Bynum to play center and slide Gasol back down to PF, then it would be tough to trade Odom away. But, with Bynum also, the trade makes a lot more sense.

Kobe™
07-10-2008, 05:39 PM
LoL Leadership?
No Kobe and Fish are adequate enough for that .

Mental toughness, naw.
Physicality Yes.

Artest brings this.

IronMexican
07-10-2008, 05:42 PM
ESPN just brought it up, i wonder if the Maloof's would do it.

Kobe™
07-10-2008, 06:02 PM
I hope ..

picnroll
07-10-2008, 06:41 PM
Kobe sucks as a leader.

Ghazi
07-10-2008, 06:45 PM
You make a good point about the Lakers, their youth is overrated. I dont see them winning shit until that soft defense improves to be honest. Your crazy if you think the Mavs are title contenders, The West is too tough but I think if Gerald Green has matured and if Josh Howard has gotten his mind right they will be a solid team.

West isn't as tough as it is competitive. Mavs = :lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

John_C
07-10-2008, 08:51 PM
What bothers me is what if Artest do behave for a while. I expect the Lakers to have 50 win or more season, and go deep in the playoffs.

Artest will give that defensive ferocity that he always brings, and some of the Lakers players may feed off that more than listening to Kobe make a point on court.

Most of us expect Artest to be a head case because a behaved Artest will spell trouble for our teams, but remember even Rodman reined himself in once in a while to help the Bulls to another Championship.

angelbelow
07-10-2008, 10:01 PM

maybe i should have said IMO. even with bynum back i still think the lakers are just contenders, but i do agree with you that if you guys get artest too there would be a parade here in LA again.

Showtime24 LAKERS
07-10-2008, 10:48 PM

:lmao stupppiiddd

The mavs left with bunch of over-paid veterans with no superstar, besides Dirk the softy, and you think by signing Diop will get you to the top?? giving 6 mil per year to a guy who is worth 70K's per year.:lol

At less Avery Johnson is saved from becoming the next Isiah Thomas, because Dallas sure looks like that it is headed towards becoming the Knicks of the west. Make the wise choice, start rebuilding!! :lol

cant w8 4 2012
07-11-2008, 07:54 AM
I hope Artest do go to the lakers,slap the shit outta hobe. Artest will beat the shit outta bryant just to prove a point. Fuck the lakers

Kindergarten Cop
07-11-2008, 08:51 AM

:dizzy

Kindergarten Cop
07-11-2008, 09:04 AM
Didn't vegas have LA as favorites? I could be wrong though.

Before FA began, Vegas still had the Celtics as the favorites to win the '08-'09 Championship at 7/2 odds. Even though the odds at this time mean little to who will actually be hoisting the trophy next June, here is the full list:

Boston Celtics 7/2
Los Angeles Lakers 5/1
Detroit Pistons 6/1
San Antonio Spurs 8/1
New Orleans Hornets 11/1
Orlando Magic 14/1
Houston Rockets 15/1
Utah Jazz 15/1
Cleveland Cavaliers 16/1
Chicago Bulls 20/1
Phoenix Suns 20/1
Dallas Mavericks 25/1
Denver Nuggets 25/1
Portland Trailblazers 25/1
Washington Wizards 25/1
Golden State Warriors 40/1
Miami Heat 40/1
Atlanta Hawks 50/1
Charlotte Bobcats 50/1
New Jersey Nets 50/1
New York Knicks 50/1
Philadelphia 76ers 50/1
Toronto Raptors 50/1
Indiana Pacers 75/1
Los Angeles Clippers 100/1
Memphis Grizzlies 100/1
Milwaukee Bucks 100/1
Minnesota Timberwolves 100/1
Sacramento Kings 100/1
Seattle Supersonics 100/1

I'm sure that the odds have changed, as they will from day to day (especially for teams like the 76ers)

jacobdrj
07-11-2008, 11:13 AM

This isn't about Jordan. Rodman won without Jordan.

And Rodman (part 1) was in LA BEFORE Phil Jackson. Not only that, but they won almost every game Rodman played in, even when they didn't win, he had very good numbers.

daslicer
07-11-2008, 04:47 PM
Artest is not Rodman,Rasheed, or any of those other guys people try to compare him to. Rodman and Rasheed weren't diagnosed by doctors as being mentally unstable. I don't recall Rodman and Rasheed ever threatening to beat up teamates if they didn't play hard.

I laugh at anyone who says Artest will respect Kobe. Why the fuck would Artest respect Kobe just because he pimped him in an interview. That means jack squat. Hell Artest talked about his admiration for MJ a lot when he was drafted by the bulls and then broke MJ's ribs after a game of one on one. If that man couldn't respect MJ the GOAT why would he respect Kobe or anybody else. It would be funny to see Kobe in press conference after a practice with 2 black eyes and a reporter asking "Kobe what happened to your eyes?" Kobe replies "Nah thats nothing I just accidentally ran into a door."

z0sa
07-11-2008, 04:57 PM
Ron-ron would leave Kobe's vagina bleeding if they got into it.

Kobe™
07-12-2008, 11:26 AM
The Deal is imminent

ChumpDumper
07-12-2008, 12:44 PM
I hope so. A lateral move at best.

JamStone
07-12-2008, 03:20 PM
Not a lateral move at all if Bynum returns healthy. The move makes sense if the Lakers are certain Bynum will be back at the same level. You lose Odom's rebounding, but Bynum and Gasol can more than make up for it. You lose a little bit of versatility and play making by Odom, but Artest is adequate in both respects. You gain an extraordinarily on the defensive end with both the additions of Artest and Bynum.

There are risks and the move being successful still depends on Bynum's healthy and Artest's mental stability.

But, it's not a lateral move.

bostonguy
07-12-2008, 04:03 PM
Keep Odom from going left, and he is a liability on offense. He cant shoot very well and he is too inconsistent. Artest is a much better 3 pt shooter than Odom is plus he brings defensive toughness. Of course as Jammy Jam just said, Bynums health will be vital if this deal does take place.

TheMACHINE
07-13-2008, 12:46 AM
im surprised that noone mentioned the biggest factor if the Laker get Artest. Artest will be guarding the best player of the opposing team. He will be guarding the Pierce's and the Mcgrady's...thus leaving Kobe with more energy to do what he does best...SCORE!

A line up of

Fisher
Bryant
Artest
Gasol
Bynum

Would be insane!

RON ARTEST
07-13-2008, 01:52 AM
im surprised that noone mentioned the biggest factor if the Laker get Artest. Artest will be guarding the best player of the opposing team. He will be guarding the Pierce's and the Mcgrady's...thus leaving Kobe with more energy to do what he does best...SCORE!

A line up of

Fisher
Bryant
Artest
Gasol
Bynum

Would be insane!
Interesting word choice involving Artest there buddy.

ducks
07-13-2008, 09:37 AM
Sam Amick, the writer from sacramento who re-ignited the Lamar for Artest trade rumor, was interviewed on a sacramento radio show and discussed the Ron Artest situation. He actually drops quite a bombshell in the interview that I'm shocked hasn't broken widely...

He said in the interview that a lower member of the Buss family basically told Mitch to get it done. "Get it done" as in get a deal for Artest done. He mentions the same pieces he did in his blog. We would have to give up Lamar and take on Kenny Thomas."

Now I'm not to sure if the Lakers should pull through with this trade. Lamar Odom has said in the past that hes wanted to finish his career as a Laker. People don't realize how much drama this man has encountered in LA. His first year as a Laker his grandma passed away. She was the one who took care of him as a child when his mom passed away at the age of 13. So that had a big impact on his life emotionally. He still was able to go throughout the whole season playing with heart. Two Summers later his son Lamar Jr. passed away at just six months because he couldn't breath.

The death of his son led to sadness. He then showed up to training camp that Summer out of shape because he was to discouraged to play basketball. Yet on the game opener VS the Phoenix Suns he put on one of the greatest games hes ever played. Without Kobe Bryant he led his team to victory over the heavily favored Suns.

He put up:

34 points on 50% shooting, 13 boards, and 6 assist.

At one point in the game he hit a break away three which led to a Phoenix time out. During that time out Lamar got a little emotional because he was doing it for his loved ones.

Lamar Odom is here to win a championship unlike Artest who cares about the money a little bit more. Artest is a great player don't get me wrong but he lacks that heart which Lamar shows everytime he steps on the court.

Artest actually was asked if he would take less money to play for a championship team and he said: "Not in a million years" Thats how important money is to this talented young man.

If I'm Mitch Kupchak I do NOT trade Lamar and trade players like Radmonovic, Mihm, and Farmar.

Lamar would be a great fit when Bynum comes back. Pressure would not be on him. That means he can be what he always wanted to be a rebounder and good passer on offense. He would be a complete mis- match for many at that position (SF) because hes a 6 - 10 ball handler who can run the floor, post you up, defend, rebound, and make good passes out of the triangle offense. One thing that he does not posses is a good consistent outside jumper. That is one of the reasons why they want Lamar out. They feel you need to be able to shoot the ball to be a great SF.

Which is ridiculous if you ask me. We already have enough shooter on the floor. Gasol, Bryant, and Fisher. Good old fashion offense is scoring in the paint not taking jumpers.

Men are made in the paint - Bill Walton

Thank you for reading.
http://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/Get_it_done_Sam_Amick/289682

duncan228
07-13-2008, 01:34 PM
Sam Amick...
http://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/Get_it_done_Sam_Amick/289682

Amick's blog from July 12:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101109

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/sports/kings/

Kobe™
07-14-2008, 03:13 PM
http://i34.tinypic.com/9rrrll.jpg

TheMACHINE
07-14-2008, 03:20 PM

it shall be done

Showtime24 LAKERS
07-14-2008, 03:28 PM

HAHA nOiceee.

TheMadHatter
07-14-2008, 03:37 PM
HAHA nOiceee.

Damn that's one scary starting 5.

xtremesteven33
07-14-2008, 03:49 PM
Parker Fisher
Ginobil > Bryant
Bowen Artest
Duncan Gasol
Thomas Bynum

TheMACHINE
07-14-2008, 03:56 PM
Parker Fisher
Ginobil > Bryant
Bowen Artest
Duncan Gasol
Thomas Bynum

obsessed anyone?

xtremesteven33
07-14-2008, 04:03 PM
obsessed anyone?

i actually meant the team.

it was a comparison of the teams not the players

The Franchise
07-14-2008, 04:04 PM
That deal will not happen,at least not until the trade deadline. Besides, there is a reason teams with Ron Artest on their rosters have never won anything. He has a way of disrupting the flow of the game when he doesn't feel he is being used properly.

TheMACHINE
07-14-2008, 04:39 PM
i actually meant the team.

it was a comparison of the teams not the players
i actually think it would be pretty even starting 5.

xtremesteven33
07-14-2008, 05:10 PM
i actually think it would be pretty even starting 5.

AGREED..

Kobe™
07-14-2008, 09:49 PM
Spurs.
just go re-build fuckas!

z0sa
07-15-2008, 12:33 AM
Spurs.
just go re-build fuckas!

You might wanna consider rebuilding around Bynum and his max contract

TheMadHatter
07-15-2008, 12:35 AM
You might wanna consider rebuilding around Bynum and his max contract

That doesn't even make sense.

z0sa
07-15-2008, 12:41 AM
That doesn't even make sense.

Neither does Bynum wanting a max contract.

And my post makes more sense than the troll I fed's post.

TheMadHatter
07-15-2008, 12:49 AM
Neither does Bynum wanting a max contract.

And my post makes more sense than the troll I fed's post.

Andrew Bogut just got a 5 year extension for $12 million a year. Bynum will get paid the max if he stays healthy and produces what he was before he went down. The max is somewhere around $14-15 million for a player his NBA age. You fail at understanding how over-valued big men are in this league.

z0sa
07-15-2008, 12:59 PM
Andrew Bogut just got a 5 year extension for $12 million a year. Bynum will get paid the max if he stays healthy and produces what he was before he went down. The max is somewhere around $14-15 million for a player his NBA age. You fail at understanding how over-valued big men are in this league.

:lmao at you deluding yourself. Let me show you why Bogut got a big deal, which is the part you fail to understand:

Bogut was drafted in 2005, and has played 226 game since then. He started 221 of them. During these 226 he averaged 33mpg and 8.5rebs, along with 11.5ppg on 53% shooting. He averaged about 10 shots per game.

Bynum was drafted in 2005, and has played in 163 games - about two full seasons out of three, and about 60 games less than Bogut has started in. During these 163, he averaged 19.3mpg (not even half the game) and 5.6rebs, along with 7.2ppg on 57% shooting. He averaged 5 shots per game.

Bogut is by far the more productive, healthy, and useful big man. I'm not even factoring in the fact Bynum hasn't even played a game in months.

Right now Bogut > Bynum. Bynum has been half as productive on a team that needed him just as much, especially before Pau got the golden ticket to town.

TheMadHatter
07-15-2008, 01:16 PM
:lmao at you deluding yourself. Let me show you why Bogut got a big deal, which is the part you fail to understand:

Bogut was drafted in 2005, and has played 226 game since then. He started 221 of them. During these 226 he averaged 33mpg and 8.5rebs, along with 11.5ppg on 53% shooting. He averaged about 10 shots per game.

Bynum was drafted in 2005, and has played in 163 games - about two full seasons out of three, and about 60 games less than Bogut has started in. During these 163, he averaged 19.3mpg (not even half the game) and 5.6rebs, along with 7.2ppg on 57% shooting. He averaged 5 shots per game.

Bogut is by far the more productive, healthy, and useful big man. I'm not even factoring in the fact Bynum hasn't even played a game in months.

Right now Bogut > Bynum. Bynum has been half as productive on a team that needed him just as much, especially before Pau got the golden ticket to town.

There is not a single GM in this league that would take Andrew Bogut over Andrew Bynum right now. Not a single one.

jacobdrj
07-15-2008, 01:22 PM
Just as a follow up to my last post:
From Wikipedia:

He briefly joined the Los Angeles Lakers (wearing number 73) and helped them to a 17-6 record while averaging 11.2 rebounds per game.

That sounded like a success to me, any way you slice it.
Had P-Jax been there, I am sure that team would have, at the very least, made the WCF, and NOT been swept out of the playoffs.
I would have snatched him up right after his release had I been in that position as a GM in 1999.
I know Cuban tried, but I don't think that team had any intention of utilizing his defensive strengths... at least the Lakers pretended to play defense in 1999 as Rodman, along with Eddie Jones, Kobe (who at least plays defense in 30 second spurts), and Soup, not to mention the big pile of blubber inthe middle...

z0sa
07-15-2008, 02:02 PM
There is not a single GM in this league that would take Andrew Bogut over Andrew Bynum right now. Not a single one.

Your opinions are as far from fact as possible, but go ahead and continue stating them as if they are fact. It lets me know how little you really know about the NBA.

TheMadHatter
07-15-2008, 02:31 PM
Your opinions are as far from fact as possible, but go ahead and continue stating them as if they are fact. It lets me know how little you really know about the NBA.

There isn't a single poster on this forum other than you that would take Andrew Bogut over Bynum. Not one.

z0sa
07-15-2008, 02:34 PM
There isn't a single poster on this forum other than you that would take Andrew Bogut over Bynum. Not one.

Why don't you make a poll and find out the truth smart guy?

Bogut > Bynum both statistically and health-wise.

Buddy Holly
07-15-2008, 02:37 PM
And anyone aside from z0sa that does is a complete moron, dumbass, retard... I take it

TheMadHatter
07-15-2008, 02:52 PM
Why don't you make a poll and find out the truth smart guy?

Bogut > Bynum both statistically and health-wise.

I'm not going to go any further with this argument. You stick by your man Bogut, I'll stay with Bynum. One has pretty much maxed out his potential, the other is just getting started and is already at Bogut's level.

Bogut (2008 stats)

PPG
RPG
BPG
MPG

Bynum (2008 stats)

PPG
RPG
BPG
MPG

Thanks for playing! :lmao

z0sa
07-15-2008, 03:05 PM
I'm not going to go any further with this argument.

For your own sake, don't.

You stick by your man Bogut, I'll stay with Bynum.

Bogut is not "my man." If you paid attention to what your own fingers were spewing, you'd know you brought him up as a reason Bynum deserves a max contract ... which I clearly refuted.

One has pretty much maxed out his potential, the other is just getting started and is already at Bogut's level.

:lmao :lmao

Bogut has been producing since day 1, without kareem or phil or kobe to help lead and help him - the fact Bynum is barely beginning to produce is just more proof why he is not worth anywhere near a max contract.

Bogut (2008 stats)

PPG
RPG
BPG
MPG

Bynum (2008 stats)

PPG
RPG
BPG
MPG

Here's the one stat you forgot:

Bynum's GP: 35
Bogut's GP: 78

TheMadHatter
07-15-2008, 03:08 PM
You haven't refuted anything.

If the Lakers don't offer Bynum a max contract SOMEONE else will.

z0sa
07-15-2008, 03:13 PM
You haven't refuted anything.

... except all of your points concerning why Bynum deserves a 5 year $70 million contract extension next offseason.

If the Lakers don't offer Bynum a max contract SOMEONE else will.

... and they'll be overpaying! You finally get it?

z0sa
07-15-2008, 03:19 PM
BTW madhatter, dont you consider it low balling to throw out statistics that are clearly skewed by missed games?

TheMadHatter
07-15-2008, 03:23 PM
BTW madhatter, dont you consider it low balling to throw out statistics that are clearly skewed by missed games?

You're right, had he played a full season his numbers would have been higher.

BruceLeeBowen
07-15-2008, 03:24 PM
How old is bogut and how old is bynum?

z0sa
07-15-2008, 03:29 PM
You're right, had he played a full season his numbers would have been higher.

Your opinions are not fact. Learn this before you join a message board.

Nema in OC
07-15-2008, 06:34 PM

Agreed 100%. Lets start with a few facts here.. for those people (z0sa) who aren't fortunate enough to watch every Laker game like some of us (in california) are.

Fact #1 - Andrew Bynum is not injury prone. He came down on Lamar's foot in a sort of hyper-extended fashion. No more injury prone than any other big man with his length.

Fact #2 - I'd have taken Andrew Bynum over Pau Gasol as our Center in the finals any day of the week! And, i'm sure any legit Laker fans would agree, And... we'd have won!

Fact #3 - Lakers would not have even made the playoffs if not for Bynum's play for the first 1/3 of the season. His numbers just don't do him justice. Teams just stopped attacking the paint all together because he was becoming so sound defensively. On offense you began to see the beginnings of a heck of a post game.. numerous moves.. seemed to be very comfortable. He was efficient, effective almost any time he touched the ball, and took what the offense gave him.

Fact #4 - Bynum is better than Bogut both offensively, and defensively. Bynum is longer, more athletic, stronger, and aside from a mid range jump shot (which i don't even know Bogut does well).. there really isn't anything I don't think Bynum can't do better on a basketball court. Even the way he just constantly plays above the 10 foot level is just down right sick! Amazing talent.

Fact #5 - Bynum WILL receive max money next year.. or very very close to it... whoever said that was totally correct. If you read into his exit interview well enough.. you can tell the kid expects a lot.. and trust me the Lakers are well aware of that.

Fact #6 - Nose-bleed seats to our thumping over the Spurs last season in the playoffs were around $500-1000... Lower tier were upward of $10,000+. The Lakers franchise as an entity profited more than you could ever imagine from our finals run. I wouldn't get too excited if your hope of the Lakers demise lies on the idea of Bynum not being a Laker some day. Not only pathetic.. it's highly optimistic.. and unlikely.

Fact #7 - Andrew Bynum literally lives, breathes, and eats Kareem Abdul-Jabaar from weeks before camp starts through to the end of the season. He has done this three strait seasons.. and will do so for his 4th. There is nothing that indicates this kid won't be great.. he literally has got it all.

Fact # 8 - Zosa.. is in denial of everything I have stated.. and will probably find a way to steam himself up enough to find some crazy logic refuting all of it. Two words.. rebuilding mode. Sorry buddy.

TheMadHatter
07-15-2008, 06:47 PM
Agreed 100%. Lets start with a few facts here.. for those people (z0sa) who aren't fortunate enough to watch every Laker game like some of us (in california) are.

Fact #1 - Andrew Bynum is not injury prone. He came down on Lamar's foot in a sort of hyper-extended fashion. No more injury prone than any other big man with his length.

Fact #2 - I'd have taken Andrew Bynum over Pau Gasol as our Center in the finals any day of the week! And, i'm sure any legit Laker fans would agree, And... we'd have won!

Fact #3 - Lakers would not have even made the playoffs if not for Bynum's play for the first 1/3 of the season. His numbers just don't do him justice. Teams just stopped attacking the paint all together because he was becoming so sound defensively. On offense you began to see the beginnings of a heck of a post game.. numerous moves.. seemed to be very comfortable. He was efficient, effective almost any time he touched the ball, and took what the offense gave him.

Fact #4 - Bynum is better than Bogut both offensively, and defensively. Bynum is longer, more athletic, stronger, and aside from a mid range jump shot (which i don't even know Bogut does well).. there really isn't anything I don't think Bynum can't do better on a basketball court. Even the way he just constantly plays above the 10 foot level is just down right sick! Amazing talent.

Fact #5 - Bynum WILL receive max money next year.. or very very close to it... whoever said that was totally correct. If you read into his exit interview well enough.. you can tell the kid expects a lot.. and trust me the Lakers are well aware of that.

Fact #6 - Nose-bleed seats to our thumping over the Spurs last season in the playoffs were around $500-1000... Lower tier were upward of $10,000+. The Lakers franchise as an entity profited more than you could ever imagine from our finals run. I wouldn't get too excited if your hope of the Lakers demise lies on the idea of Bynum not being a Laker some day. Not only pathetic.. it's highly optimistic.. and unlikely.

Fact #7 - Andrew Bynum literally lives, breathes, and eats Kareem Abdul-Jabaar from weeks before camp starts through to the end of the season. He has done this three strait seasons.. and will do so for his 4th. There is nothing that indicates this kid won't be great.. he literally has got it all.

Fact # 8 - Zosa.. is in denial of everything I have stated.. and will probably find a way to steam himself up enough to find some crazy logic refuting all of it. Two words.. rebuilding mode. Sorry buddy.

Couldn't have said it any better.

The worst part if you're a Spur fan is that the rebuilding process won't be quick. It will be a slow and gradual decay until Duncan fades into retirement. At least LAL was able to bounce back from Shaq's departure relatively quickly. 4 short years (only 1 lottery season) and we're back in the finals.

Kobe24Forever
07-15-2008, 08:28 PM

Rodman != Artest, he was already a scrub when he turns up in LA playing with no heart, and for your info artest would suck kobe's cock just to be on the Lakers, and i would trade odom for artest, artest could play the 4 too if needed, a tougher defender with better range than odom.

Showtime24 LAKERS
07-15-2008, 09:32 PM

:lmao
Clearly you've missed where Bynum had 25-18 on Bogut in LA, dominated him from start to finish, I'd take a healthy Bynum any day of the year, month, or week!!

Heck he even torn up Amare last year before he went down. Bynum has the potential to be one of the great laker centers since Kareem/ Wilt.

21_Blessings
07-15-2008, 09:39 PM
Bogut (2008 stats)

PPG
RPG
BPG
MPG

Bynum (2008 stats)

PPG
RPG
BPG
MPG

You forgot Bynum's 64% from the field, which led the NBA. Anyone with a brain I can see Bynum is already better than Bogut and he has ridiculous potential. This zosa faggot is a tool who doesn't know shit about basketball.

21_Blessings
07-15-2008, 09:46 PM
Here's the one stat you forgot:

Bynum's GP: 35
Bogut's GP: 78

Shut the fuck up:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200801110LAL.html

Showtime24 LAKERS
07-15-2008, 09:57 PM

Watch and learn! :lol
http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=nOEG2qhdXOA

TheMadHatter
07-15-2008, 10:13 PM
Zosa getting completely owned here. Don't show your gay face in this thread again bitch.

TheMadHatter
07-15-2008, 11:15 PM
With the exception of Duncan... the Lakers can get anyone off the Spurs with Bynum... plus a first round draft pick or complimentary player. I would guess the Lakers would take the draft pic cause the Spur dont have any comp players of value.

Yup the Spurs would trade ANYONE on their roster outside of Duncan to get their hands on Bynum. Including your precious Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili.

Nema in OC
07-16-2008, 12:46 AM
WOW, are you kidding me with that video! Hah.. that is total and utter domination. How can you honestly watch that... and with a strait face still say Bogut > Bynum?

What's even more sad noticed by the date of that video is this was about.. a week before he hurt himself? This kid was JUST beginning to come out of his shell. You could see it from the beginning of preseason.. he had vastly improved.. but as the season continued he became a viable candidate to back up Yao Ming as the Center in the West.

Man, he busts a move about 2:50 into that video that just makes you go wow! 20 yrs old? Not to mention.. his defense defense defense... good lord, he's one of the best pure shot blockers i think i have seen in some time, and he's always had that apart of his game.

TheNextGen
07-16-2008, 12:57 AM
Everyone and thier mom knows that Bynum > Bogut...z0sa just smoking some crack while typing this crap.

KidCongo
07-16-2008, 01:04 AM
WOW, are you kidding me with that video! Hah.. that is total and utter domination. How can you honestly watch that... and with a strait face still say Bogut > Bynum?

What's even more sad noticed by the date of that video is this was about.. a week before he hurt himself? This kid was JUST beginning to come out of his shell. You could see it from the beginning of preseason.. he had vastly improved.. but as the season continued he became a viable candidate to back up Yao Ming as the Center in the West.

Man, he busts a move about 2:50 into that video that just makes you go wow! 20 yrs old? Not to mention.. his defense defense defense... good lord, he's one of the best pure shot blockers i think i have seen in some time, and he's always had that apart of his game.

Man, you gotta go change your pants.

Nema in OC
07-16-2008, 02:30 AM
Do the same as we pound your team into submission the next 3.. 4. or 5 seasons.

Showtime24 LAKERS
07-16-2008, 02:41 AM
Zosa getting completely owned here. Don't show your gay face in this thread again bitch.

Where is that bitch ass Zosa spur fan at?? I wanna hear how he's gonna make up more shit to back up his spurs or any other teams/ players against the lakers, just like every spur fans would do....fucking HATER!!!!

z0sa
07-16-2008, 02:44 PM

Where is that bitch ass Zosa spur fan at?? I wanna hear how he's gonna make up more shit to back up his spurs or any other teams/ players against the lakers, just like every spur fans would do....fucking HATER!!!!

Damn straight I'm a LakerHater. Tim will make Bynum along with Gasol and any other Laker his bitch til hes 40. Keep on throwing the triple teams at him Phil.

With the exception of Duncan... the Lakers can get anyone off the Spurs with Bynum... plus a first round draft pick or complimentary player. I would guess the Lakers would take the draft pic cause the Spur dont have any comp players of value.

The spurs don't have any pieces to trade for a max contract, dumbass :lol

This coming from the bitch boy who used an injured 35 game season to compare an entire season's stats as proof for a max contract. STFU idiot, your laker buddies got me covered without your help.

Impressive, but I never said Bogut > Bynum straight up, nor would I ever make that inclination. I never even said Bynum is bad, or doesn't have potential (though it is far less than you believe). However, Bogut > Bynum both statistically and health-wise is a fact, which is why he deserves a max contract, and Bynum doesn't. Health is one of the biggest concerns going into an extension.

Yup the Spurs would trade ANYONE on their roster outside of Duncan to get their hands on Bynum. Including your precious Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili.

You truly are retarded.

Everyone and thier mom knows that Bynum > Bogut...z0sa just smoking some crack while typing this crap.

Not statistically or health-wise. He's been more productive for far longer.

All you laker lovin' bandwagon riders can suck my balls, as soon as you're done deep throating Bynum's dick. 30 game stretches aren't worth max contracts dumbshits.

Boston Pancake
07-16-2008, 02:57 PM
Laker Fans are still around talking shit? really?

131-92. Now get the fuck out, bitches.

confined
07-16-2008, 03:14 PM

:lol nice find

bogut is playing with his head up his ass there too, a couple pump fakes on bynum and he'd be going to the line, instead he makes himself look like an asshole getting blocked
this whole argument is a waste of time really. If bogut was better than bynum the bucks wouldnt be chained to the bottom of the eastern conference like they are

Nema in OC
07-16-2008, 04:59 PM
Laker Fans are still around talking shit? really?

131-92. Now get the fuck out, bitches.

Enjoy it.. 20 some odd years till your next one. Meanwhile... you can find the Lakers on ABC in the middle of June for the next... 3... 4... or 5 years. And god help you if Kobe goes Jordan and plays till he is 38 or older... dishing balls to the most dominate Center in the game, Andrew Bynum.

We've already got team of the decade... and we'll probably pick up the next decade too while we are at it. Enjoy..

21_Blessings
07-16-2008, 06:36 PM
You truly are retarded.

No, you're the only retard here

Right now Bogut > Bynum..

TheMadHatter
07-16-2008, 06:52 PM
Damn z0sa getting OWNED. Quit showing your gay face in this thread.

rAm
07-16-2008, 06:56 PM
Enjoy it.. 20 some odd years till your next one. Meanwhile... you can find the Lakers on ABC in the middle of June for the next... 3... 4... or 5 years. And god help you if Kobe goes Jordan and plays till he is 38 or older... dishing balls to the most dominate Center in the game, Andrew Bynum.

We've already got team of the decade... and we'll probably pick up the next decade too while we are at it. Enjoy..

Team of the decade doesn't = winning the first 3 championships and then not getting back to the finals till 08.

Nema in OC
07-16-2008, 08:41 PM
Team of the decade doesn't = winning the first 3 championships and then not getting back to the finals till 08.

What about the 2004 finals? Forget that? Malone tears his meniscus in the middle of the West Conf. Finals and the Pistons blew our socks off.

My point is.. Eight NBA seasons this decade. Three rings. FIVE finals appearances. And two seasons to go. The only team possible of up uprooting us as team of the decade would be the Spurs and would require another ring, OR at least going to back to back finals appearances (tieing them with the Lakers). And lets be honest.. neither has a shot in hell at happening. Hornets concern me more these days than the Spurs do... as do the Rockets when Yao isn't broken.

Spurtacus
07-16-2008, 09:02 PM

:rollin