PDA

View Full Version : JR Smith thoughts and dunks

Rev Hill
07-09-2008, 05:45 PM
Watched alot of youtube on this guy recently, besides seeing him play in person, and multiple times on TV. This guy could be the next "Stephen Jackson" for the Spurs, but more athletic. It's time for the Spurs to take a chance, get younger, more athletic, a bit of attitude, yet still a player who can hit the 3. Go for it RC.

Check out at the 1:31 mark and who JR leaps over and dunks on.... hmmmm#50, and it's not the #50 hanging in the rafters at the AT&T center.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=knKcK-5ghVQ

Cancel the tan appt RC and get'r done.

xtremesteven33
07-09-2008, 05:47 PM
i dont think anyone can be the next stephen jackson for the spurs............................................. .................................................. ............................maybe posey

Rev Hill
07-09-2008, 05:49 PM
Posey=Defense

Jackson will never be confused for a defensive oriented/talented player.

xtremesteven33
07-09-2008, 05:59 PM
Posey=Defense

Jackson will never be confused for a defensive oriented/talented player.

Jackson is a good defensive player....what u talkin about willis?

Rev Hill
07-09-2008, 06:02 PM
He did enought to get by, utilizing his height at the 2 spot, but beyond that, his defensive skills and intensity were marginal at best.

I hear ya though....I'll take Posey, but Smith is so much younger, which is attractive if we have to offer a long term deal to get either.

Sissiborgo
07-09-2008, 06:04 PM
Well Stephen Jackson is a great player and was when he played for the spurs but come on i think J.R Smith can fit in he's fresh young and has some talent's so im digging him:toast

TJastal
07-09-2008, 06:06 PM
If were serious about getting better we should give Kelenna Azuibuike a call, I heard he's feelin' awful lonely out there in GS since the warriors signed Maggette...

ducks
07-09-2008, 06:10 PM
jr potential is great then >Maggette

Sissiborgo
07-09-2008, 06:12 PM
Yeah i mean that's a great idea i mean he Won't be playing as much as last season so yeah he is a good pick but i like J.R more:king

WildcardManu
07-09-2008, 06:14 PM
I've been very hesitant on J.R. Smith, but he has slowly convinced me.

ducks
07-09-2008, 06:15 PM
he is less wild then manu

Mr. Body
07-09-2008, 06:15 PM
JR Smith is easily the greatest player of all time.

ducks
07-09-2008, 06:16 PM
take him away from george karl
he could be the best spur player other then duncan

he has loads of potential
and only shots 9 shots a game

canadianspursfan
07-09-2008, 06:31 PM
Huge upside! Offer the full MLE and make Denver match it, put them way over the luxary tax so they really have to think about it. If they match it go on to next guy Azibuke and so on and so on. Start filling out the offer sheets.

TJastal
07-09-2008, 06:47 PM
Huge upside! Offer the full MLE and make Denver match it, put them way over the luxary tax so they really have to think about it. If they match it go on to next guy Azibuke and so on and so on. Start filling out the offer sheets.

Hey here's an idea...why not just quit sucking off and screwing around with dickheads and losers like Maggette, JR Smith, and Ron Artest and go sign Azuibuke right away before somebody else does!

:nutkick: