PDA

View Full Version : re: Spurs Needs

Indazone
07-09-2008, 06:19 PM
Spurs have more than enough quality as starters at the PF, SF, SG, PG positions. They are weak at the Center position with Oberto and Tim Thomas as backup. Spurs need to get bigger to contend with the Celtics and perhaps a deeper bench.

In a perfect world you would be able to get Emeka Okafor to play for the Spurs or Dwight Howard next to Duncan. That would probably get you a championship. Or if you had Louis Scola :D lol. Sorry had to get that one in.

Anyways, Ian Mahinmi can step up but not expecting much from a raw rookie. Perhaps through sign and trade you can unload Bonner and Oberto and get oh say Chris Kaman? Next year possibly LaMarcus Aldridge or Andre Bargnani. I guarantee Popovich would not let Bargnani launch all those three pointers and playing out of his position.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-09-2008, 06:23 PM
Bargnani sucks, I doubt Portland lets Aldridge go, but the idea of Kaman does intrigue me although we'd have to put together quite a package to get him, say Oberto + Bonner + Udoka + cash + a 2nd rounder.

Spurtacus
07-09-2008, 06:25 PM
No way we land any of those guys.

ducks
07-09-2008, 06:27 PM
spurs have needs

wow who would have guessed

tempest186
07-09-2008, 06:30 PM
Kaman or Aldridge for a Bonner or Oberto package isn't going to happen unless by package you mean Parker or Duncan.

ducks
07-09-2008, 06:31 PM
give sterling the 3 million cash it might get it done
sterlign is cheap

Indazone
07-09-2008, 06:41 PM
Bargnani sucks, I doubt Portland lets Aldridge go, but the idea of Kaman does intrigue me although we'd have to put together quite a package to get him, say Oberto + Bonner + Udoka + cash + a 2nd rounder.

Not sure if Bargnani sucks or not. He might just be playing in the wrong system for him. He's over 7 foot tall but yet jacks up about 7-8 three pointers a game. He's not Dirk by any means but he was the number one draft pick a few years ago. Had he played for Van Gundy, he would have been made to play in the post and not allowed to jack up any three pointers. This is what you want your big man to do. With proper coaching and the proper team, he might become something.

Anti.Hero
07-09-2008, 06:44 PM
Too many shitty teams out there to be able to afford Emeka :(

Indazone
07-09-2008, 06:51 PM
Kaman or Aldridge for a Bonner or Oberto package isn't going to happen unless by package you mean Parker or Duncan.

Unless they are free agents or restricted free agents. I will admit Kaman will not be a free agent until 2011. But in a perfect world, you'd have one of these two guys on the Spurs.

EMEKA OKAFOR (6-10, 252)
25 years old
13.6 pts, 11.1 rebs, 1.7 blks per game
51% FGA, 56% FTA
Restricted free agent this summer [qualifying offer $7.0 million]

ANDRIS BIEDRINS (6-11, 245)
21 years old
10.1 pts, 9.4 rebs, 1.2 blks per game
62% FGA, 61% FTA
Restricted free agent this summer [qualifying offer $3.6 million]

Indazone
07-09-2008, 07:01 PM
Spurs maybe better off waiting till next season to get a big to go next to Duncan.

2009 -2010 Free Agent List

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=FreeAgents-09-10

Off this list, you can get McDyess, Darko, Blount, Eddy Curry, Aldridge, Okur, Brad Miller, Haywood, and Etan Thomas.

Surely you can get one of them.