PDA

View Full Version : What other fans are saying about Mason

Man of Steel
07-09-2008, 08:26 PM
These are comments which accompany the Washington Post article which broke the news re: Mason signing with the Spurs:

Good luck to Roger, he was an asset to the Wiz and will be missed. Looks like Nick Young will have a significant role wit Wiz this season and that's a good thing in my book. Time to sign Matt Barnes.

Posted by: zxhoya | July 9, 2008 7:13 PM

Good for Roger. He will most likely get a ring next season.

Posted by: | July 9, 2008 7:19 PM

a classy player for a classy team. good luck to you, Roger. you will be missed.

Posted by: satch | July 9, 2008 7:20 PM

Yea I wish all the luck to Roger Mason. He is a class act and sure can hit a jumper. I hope he gets a good contract and hope he gets good playing time for those boring ass Spurs.

All the best to you ROGER!!!

Posted by: LooseCannon | July 9, 2008 7:20 PM

Good luck Roger!!!

Posted by: Darnell | July 9, 2008 7:37 PM

Instead if throwing all that money at Gilby, they should have kept a classy individual and true team player like Roger Mason.

Posted by: DC Man88 | July 9, 2008 7:38 PM

Mason was a goner anyways. Nick @ Nite is expected to step up and become a rotation player next season.

Best Wishes to Roger and here's hoping he does well in San Antonio

Posted by: Dat2U | July 9, 2008 7:40 PM

No chest thumping.
No screaming.
No acting.
All class.
Hope some of the Wiz learned something from him.
Good Luck, Roger

Posted by: vb fan | July 9, 2008 7:49 PM

RM was too nice, the Wiz need more spice...Go get Ricky Davis from the Heat or Bostjan Nachbar from the Nets. I believe both are UFAs.

Posted by: oddjob | July 9, 2008 7:51 PM

"They're going to get better results going all out against the weaker competition in the East than they will against the deeper stronger teams in the West."

Uh, no. They had better results going against the "deeper stronger teams in the West" than they did against the "weaker competition in the East".

"If they played a greater number of games against better, deeper, more talented teams (which they would in the West) then they would, as a matter of basic logic, have to expend more energy to beat those teams than they would to beat lesser teams in the East."

Again, wrong. As I stated earlier, and a point which you did not refute, the Celtics played with the same energy in every game, no matter the competition. Therefore, as a matter of basic logic, it does not matter what competition they're facing (whether playing the West or East), they're going to expend the same energy.

Posted by: psps23 | July 9, 2008 7:52 PM

Good to hear. He's earned it.

Posted by: Buffalo Dele | July 9, 2008 8:02 PM

Oh and by the way, good luck to Roger. Wish him almost nothing but the best (almost being the Spurs defeating the Wiz in the finals...that I can't wish for).

And equal good luck wished upon Nick Young. Time to step up.

Posted by: psps23 | July 9, 2008 8:06 PM

Here is hoping EG signs a 3 that can spell CB. Matt Barnes? Posey?

Posted by: B-More Bullets | July 9, 2008 8:19 PM

"gilbert..tell me how my @$$ tastes"

-roger mason

"baron..tell me how my @$$ tastes"

-elton brand

Posted by: DC Man88 | July 9, 2008 8:44 PM

Where do the Wizards stand on going over the luxury tax for a guy like Posey?

Posted by: Emmet | July 9, 2008 8:53 PM

GOD BLESS YOU ROGER COME back and light the wizards up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: wiz fan43 | July 9, 2008 9:08 PM

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-09-2008, 08:31 PM
As retarded a franchise Washington is, they have some pretty classy fans.

vy65
07-09-2008, 08:38 PM
I find that those who write the comments underneath Buck's and J McDonald's articles on MySA.com really have some of the best skills in assessing/appraising basketball talent ... I'm really confident in odd job's take on RM.

outstanding!!!