PDA

View Full Version : EBay cancels teen's prom date auction

Clandestino
02-03-2005, 12:58 PM
poor kid...sounds like he needs some money!

February 3, 2005

WILLMAR, Minn. -- A teenager auctioning himself as a prom date has been booted off eBay -- but he's still selling the shirt off his back.

ADVERTISEMENT

Nathan Carlson offered himself for auction last Friday after a conversation with some friends at Ridgewater College. The bidding started at $30. But as the bids came in and exceeded $260, Carlson added a comment that he'd contribute half the money to charity if the bidding went past $1,500 -- a big no-no for the online auction site.

That comment violated eBay's policies on auctions to benefit charity, and the Web site ended the auction on Tuesday. Carlson reposted his auction Tuesday and added other auctions to sell the clothes he wore during some television interviews, at the request of some of the eBay bidders, he said.

"Maybe they just thought my dancing was great," he said.

But eBay canceled his prom date auction again. "They said the name was inappropriate or false," he said Wednesday. Carlson had listed his prom date auction, his shirt and other items as "seen on the news."

Early Thursday, Carlson's prom date auction could not be found on eBay, but The Associated Press found Carlson was selling a silk shirt and a wristwatch.

SpursWoman
02-03-2005, 01:01 PM
I still like the guy selling the wedding dress and the girl offering to be your fake girlfriend for 3 months the best....

:)

Flea
02-03-2005, 09:58 PM
I liked the Virgin Mary in a grilled cheese sandwich the best followed by the wedding dress.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
02-04-2005, 02:11 AM
i saw one last year... they were selling a giant cheeto

exstatic
02-04-2005, 03:41 AM
Someone was following Britney Spears around, and autioning off her discarded gum. YUCK!

I think they should have let TPark auction himself off.