PDA

View Full Version : Jobs

Leetonidas
07-10-2008, 03:14 AM
Does anyone know where I might be able to find a job? I'd like to stay within my area, which is the Loop 410 and Culebra area, but I'm willing to branch off.

Any help would be much appreciated. I am moving into my own place soon and I need a job ASAP.

J.T.'s Dealer
07-10-2008, 03:17 AM
I might need help moving 5 tons of smoke. I'll keep you posted. Can you pass a drug test? :smokin

Viva Las Espuelas
07-10-2008, 08:54 AM
hmmmm. shouldn't it be job then new place?

CubanMustGo
07-10-2008, 08:56 AM
hmmmm. shouldn't it be job then new place?

Not to mention it's hard to recommend things when we don't know what kind of job you're looking for, Leetonidas ...

BigZak
07-10-2008, 09:18 AM
dude, there are tons of places to get a job just down the road at the 151/410 interchange...restaurants, stores, etc...unless you got some credentials...in which case you should try out southwest research...i think they were hiring a couple weeks ago...maybe still...

if you want to work like a slave, try the enterprise rentacar right there on the corner...good luck!

also, if you have a car, just drive the 151 out to 1604 as there are alot of new stores and businesses just completing construction and they have the for hire signs up...

Brutalis
07-10-2008, 11:11 AM
Take it from someone that recently quit smoking pot.

Don't waste your time until you can pee clean. Seriously.

President Obama
07-10-2008, 03:04 PM
It is a crying shame that so many young Americans out there are desperate to work, but cannot because of mandatory drug testing. But this will not go on much longer, I can assure you. I am working hard with congress to pass a new law that will grant prospective employees who fail drug tests 30 days to get clean without denying them the right to work right away. If they still fail the drug test after 30 days, then logically they will lose their job. But for those who fail that drug test, we will provide rehabilitation free of charge and put them to work somewhere after they complete the rehab process. Together, we can help get young Americans, no all Americans off of drugs and into good, honest work. This is change we can believe in!

slayermin
07-10-2008, 05:27 PM
Take it from someone that recently quit smoking pot.

Don't waste your time until you can pee clean. Seriously.

A couple of friends told me that some San Antonio businesses test for nicotine also because they don't want to hire smokers. I guess it's because of rising health care costs. But I wondering how that is legal.

Druggie
07-10-2008, 05:29 PM
A couple of friends told me that some San Antonio businesses test for nicotine also because they don't want to hire smokers. I guess it's because of rising health care costs. But I wondering how that is legal.

Nicotine isn't detectable in blood or urine tests after three days so I doubt many people have a hard time passing as a nonsmoker. Even if you've been smoking for years, it should only take 7-10 days to get clean, less if you chug water all day.

slayermin
07-10-2008, 05:32 PM
Nicotine isn't detectable in blood or urine tests after three days so I doubt many people have a hard time passing as a nonsmoker. Even if you've been smoking for years, it should only take 7-10 days to get clean, less if you chug water all day.

Cool. Thanks for the tip.