PDA

View Full Version : It's the most disappointment season in spurs history

kobyz
07-10-2008, 05:05 AM
first we losing to the Lakers in a disappoint series after we blow a 24 point lead, a 17 point lead and we lost a game that decided by the refs. we also got hurt by Manu injury.
than we get screwed in the draft by Portland and Houston and end up with unknown player.
than we loosing Corey Maggette after we all thought that we have him.
and than we end up with Roger Mason as our biggest offseason addition.

this season was a nightmare!!!

Bruno
07-10-2008, 05:08 AM
You have forgotten Splitter. :stirpot:

Kori Ellis
07-10-2008, 05:14 AM
1. Lakers were better than the Spurs.
2. The Spurs got the player they targeted in the draft.
3. If you thought that Corey Maggette was a lock to the Spurs, you weren't paying attention.
4. The Spurs wanted Roger Mason last offseason too.. and offered him a contract. So apparently they see something in the guy.
5. Spurs fans are spoiled.

kobyz
07-10-2008, 05:19 AM
You have forgotten Splitter. :stirpot:

i thought i forgot something

timvp
07-10-2008, 05:21 AM
The offseason is still a work in progress. I'll wait until after the Spurs finish and after the summer leagues to give it a thumbs up or thumbs down.

Mr. Body
07-10-2008, 05:39 AM

Let's not write this one in stone yet, shall we?

anakha
07-10-2008, 05:45 AM
Chicken Little thread.

Bartleby
07-10-2008, 06:55 AM
This is the most disappointment thread I've read today.

Man of Steel
07-10-2008, 07:45 AM
Kori is right--we got the guy we wanted in the draft.

Pop told Hill that if he was still available when they got around to the Spurs, he was the pick.

That is clear, unequivocal, umambiguous.

The other fellow was told he could fit well in the rotation, etc, which he probably would.

This was equivocal, ambiguous and muddled.

The rest is history.

mistwiya
07-10-2008, 07:56 AM
3. If you thought that Corey Maggette was a lock to the Spurs, you weren't paying attention.
4. The Spurs wanted Roger Mason last offseason too.. and offered him a contract. So apparently they see something in the guy.

:tu

spursjustice
07-10-2008, 07:59 AM
How bout Scola? whoops :)
As long as we have our big 3.. we'll compete again.

kobyz
07-10-2008, 08:17 AM
This is the most disappointment thread I've read today.

i just getting out my frustration from this season

mrspurs
07-10-2008, 10:00 AM
The offseason is still a work in progress. I'll wait until after the Spurs finish and after the summer leagues to give it a thumbs up or thumbs down.

as a dear friend once said........"it aint over till the fat lady sings"

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-10-2008, 10:07 AM
Yea this thread is going down the shithole.

xtremesteven33
07-10-2008, 10:08 AM
i cannot agree that these 2008 Lakers are better than these Spurs.

no way

usckk
07-10-2008, 10:13 AM

Maybe I'm still in denial. But I still think the Spurs were a better team. I think they lost because they were so mentally and physically drained from the previous two series. It was kind of the reverse of the Suns series. The Suns were just as good as the Spurs, but the first game just set them back mentally and could never recover from it.

We lost because we just played bad in that series. In the Suns series, we played the best we can ever play. Parker and Manu never had good games consistently afterwards. In the Hornets series, we just barely got by from our playoff experience. If we would of lost to the Hornets, I would have been happier because the Hornets just match up perfectly against the Spurs.

Either way, winning the series against the Lakers doesn't mean the Spurs could have beaten the Celtics, which I think are a lot better than the Lakers.

Side Notes: Pop was especially chippy and happy before and in Game 1 in the Lakers series. Could it mean he was confident against the Lakers?

oligarchy
07-10-2008, 10:17 AM

no way

I don't recall the Spurs winning the series.

hater
07-10-2008, 10:20 AM
WE HAVE IAN GETTING TONS OF MINUTES NEXT SEASON!! Ian = future allstar.

grow some balls...

hater
07-10-2008, 10:21 AM

no way

I say very even matchup if manu had played like Manu.

xtremesteven33
07-10-2008, 10:25 AM
I say very even matchup if manu had played like Manu.

haha...if manu had been healthy.

i promise you this series wouldve been 5-6 games in the spurs favor....

thats what everyone said before the series started.

i cant believe kori said that the Lakers are better than the spurs. and its not sour grapes either. its just misfortune for the spurs. if Manu had been Manu, we wouldve definetetly won Game 1 and wrapped it up in 5 or 6.

Darthkiller
07-10-2008, 10:28 AM
how is roger mason a bad sign. This guy can shoot 3s really well.

oligarchy
07-10-2008, 10:28 AM

i cant believe kori said that the Lakers are better than the spurs. and its not sour grapes either. its just misfortune for the spurs. if Manu had been Manu, we wouldve definetetly won Game 1 and wrapped it up in 5 or 6.

Those are what's and if's. They lost the series no matter what the excuse. They weren't better, simple as that.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-10-2008, 10:29 AM
first we losing to the Lakers in a disappoint series after we blow a 24 point lead, a 17 point lead and we lost a game that decided by the refs. we also got hurt by Manu injury.
than we get screwed in the draft by Portland and Houston and end up with unknown player.

Have you met wisnub?

The_Game
07-10-2008, 10:31 AM

Lakers were without Bynum..a guy who could give them 14 and 10 with a few blocks. stop acting like lakers were healthly. they weren't

Mr. Body
07-10-2008, 10:31 AM
Scola and Splitter are the great disappointments. One was boneheadedness by the team, the other was more out of their control.

oligarchy
07-10-2008, 10:32 AM

He isn't CM that bastard who didn't want to take less money to play with the Spurs, or that RFA JR Smith who we could have gotten because there's no way the Nuggets would have matched.

hater
07-10-2008, 10:34 AM
Those are what's and if's. They lost the series no matter what the excuse. They weren't better, simple as that.

We will never know which team WAS truly better. True that Spurs did not prove they were better. But with same logic, Lakers did not prove they could beat a SPurs at full strength(Manu)

and with same logic... IF spurs had been at full strength, lakers were still missing Bynum

SPURSGOAT
07-10-2008, 10:41 AM

:tu

manufor3
07-10-2008, 10:51 AM
Maybe I'm still in denial. But I still think the Spurs were a better team. I think they lost because they were so mentally and physically drained from the previous two series. It was kind of the reverse of the Suns series. The Suns were just as good as the Spurs, but the first game just set them back mentally and could never recover from it.

We lost because we just played bad in that series. In the Suns series, we played the best we can ever play. Parker and Manu never had good games consistently afterwards. In the Hornets series, we just barely got by from our playoff experience. If we would of lost to the Hornets, I would have been happier because the Hornets just match up perfectly against the Spurs.

Either way, winning the series against the Lakers doesn't mean the Spurs could have beaten the Celtics, which I think are a lot better than the Lakers.

Side Notes: Pop was especially chippy and happy before and in Game 1 in the Lakers series. Could it mean he was confident against the Lakers?

+1

MarHill
07-10-2008, 09:03 PM
Here's the thing....this was not a great free agent class to begin with. It took Elton Brand, Corey Maggette, and Baron Davis to opt-out of their contracts to become free agents. Yikes!

Secondly, The Spurs went after Corey Maggette with what they could offer...the MLE. Maggette decided to take the money with Golden State...so be it. Some Spurs fans thought this year FA's class was going to solve all of their supposed problems...weren't seeing it correctly.

The only way they were going to get one of the big names in this year FA.....they would have to trade one of the big three and that wasn't happening!!

I will admit I was disappointed they didn't Maggette. But...they moved on and got Roger Mason Jr. Also, they drafted three American born players and Ian has been waiting in the wings for the past couple of years.

The Spurs are going through a transition period...like all championship contenders do. Still...this team needed tweaking not a major overhaul. Also, the FO has remained financially flexible for 2010 and that is their plan all along.

I know that will never be good enough from some Spurs fans. They expect to get a big name free agent..so they can tell other teams fans look who we got in FA. That's never been the Spurs' MO.

Moreover, if you look back over the last 15-20 years...the championship teams always had a core of two-three players (80's Celtics:Bird-Parrish-Mchale, 80's Lakers:Magic-Kareem-Worthy, 90's Bulls: Jordan-Pippen, 2000-2002's Lakers: Shaq-Kobe, Mid 2000s Spurs-Duncan-Ginobili-Parker) and role players surrounding them. You can include this year Celtics: Pierce-Garnett-Allen & 2006 Miami Heat: Shaq-Wade into the formula.

The Spurs are one of the few teams at that level and it will be this way ( and has been) until the Duncan era (3-4 years) is over.

I will agree I wanted to keep Barry. But it happens...I wish him well and I will miss his 3pt. shooting.

We have to be realistic as Spurs fans and lets give Hill, Ian, Hairston, Mason and hopefully Gist (if he makes the team) a chance.

The Pistons went to the youth movement last season with Rodney Stuckey, Amir Johnston, & Jason Maxiell and they are still contenders as well.

It can happen to the Spurs as well

I posted this in another thread.....

SRJ
07-10-2008, 09:15 PM
1991, 1995, 2001, and 2006 were much more disappointing than 2008.

angelbelow
07-10-2008, 09:19 PM

great post, i couldnt have said it better myself.

John_C
07-10-2008, 09:27 PM
You attained youth in some way, and signed possible players who could contribute. You still have your core intact who could still keep this team cohesive enough.

We are in a position to develop youthful players who may or may not turn out to be a good addition, but that is just the way teams tend to do when trying to maintain our competitiveness without having to gamble on our future.

All in all, have we really lost out so much to the other teams during this FA signing, for us to be really banging our heads and saying that the Spurs are not going to contend anymore?

Hmm, the best threat out there would be the Lakers, NO, and Celtics. Aside from the Lakers being said to be stronger next season with Bynum coming back, have these three really become invincible already?

Seems, it's easy to forget what the Spurs have done in the past when the FO couldn't get the personnel we want now. We really are a spoiled bunch.

iggypop123
07-10-2008, 09:32 PM

if bynum and manu were heallthy( i dont include ariza cause his impact doesnt decide a playoff series) i still see lakers as winners possibly in 7. atleast manu played. no bynum on floor. and having gasol vs oberto:lmao

anyways mason jr is a great signing. he is better than stevenson. washington is stupid. magette was in it for the money and thats what he got

spurman20
07-10-2008, 09:34 PM
The lakers will not be a strong next year as the roster stands now....Bynum will clog up the paint, force Lamar to move back to SF and Gasol Back to pf were both players will not be as much a mismatch......Thats why they are tryn to unload Lamar now again.....They will not score as much but thier d will be improved in the post........But Bynum is so overated.....his points come off putbacks and he had the benefit of playing with 4 wing players which allowed him to roam the paint .....next year Gasol will not be on the wings....he will also have to share the paint and his scoring will fall off.......we that happens he tends to salk and fade out of the game......

MarHill
07-10-2008, 09:35 PM
You attained youth in some way, and signed possible players who could contribute. You still have your core intact who could still keep this team cohesive enough.

We are in a position to develop youthful players who may or may not turn out to be a good addition, but that is just the way teams tend to do when trying to maintain our competitiveness without having to gamble on our future.

All in all, have we really lost out so much to the other teams during this FA signing, for us to be really banging our heads and saying that the Spurs are not going to contend anymore?

Hmm, the best threat out there would be the Lakers, NO, and Celtics. Aside from the Lakers being said to be stronger next season with Bynum coming back, have these three really become invincible already?

Seems, it's easy to forget what the Spurs have done in the past when the FO couldn't get the personnel we want now. We really are a spoiled bunch.

John_C,

I agree with your post!!

I have been saying the Spurs fans have been spoiled for years. This team has done everything possible to stay a championship contender since they got TD. They have done an incredible job....in that regard. Since 1999, they have reached the Western Conference Semis (except 2000) and won 4 rings in that time span.

Also, the Pistons went younger last season with Stuckey, Maxiell, & Amir Johnson and they played well and are still a championship contender.

The Spurs can do same thing....next season.

wisnub
07-10-2008, 09:36 PM

Dont forget we lost Splitter and now Barry is leaving us (is it necessary I mention about Scola too?). I hope Mason,Mahinmi and Hill will step up next season,they are our young gun and energy guy. For now, FUCK SPURS FO!!!!!
FUCK YOU RC BUFFORD !!!!! where's Presti? Chillin on Starbucks seattle??

John_C
07-10-2008, 09:58 PM
John_C,

I agree with your post!!

I have been saying the Spurs fans have been spoiled for years. This team has done everything possible to stay a championship contender since they got TD. They have done an incredible job....in that regard. Since 1999, they have reached the Western Conference Semis (except 2000) and won 4 rings in that time span.

Also, the Pistons went younger last season with Stuckey, Maxiell, & Amir Johnson and they played well and are still a championship contender.

The Spurs can do same thing....next season.

And if you look at it in context of the other teams that have fought for the Championship since 2003, Miami have began rebuilding, Detroit is suddenly having Coaching and players issues, the Mavs have become suddenly a mediocre team, Lakers and Celtics just emerged to become contenders, and the Cavs are still lacking the pieces it needs. The Spurs have remained consistent in their campaign. They may have been maligned and many times told to be done for (even by their own fans) yet they remain as one of the top teams in the NBA.

Obstructed_View
07-10-2008, 09:58 PM
I must admit that I'm a little disappointment. To be fair, I'm almost always a little disappointment by the offseason, but I expect the rookies to be surprise.

DPG21920
07-10-2008, 10:00 PM

Lakers were not better than the Spurs when everyone is healthy, imo. They were better then the Spurs when they were at the strength they were, but just as the Suns series in round 1, people are jaded by the 4-1. It was a hell of a lot closer of a series and as mentioned before, the Spurs blew massive leads in 2 games that they should of closed.

John_C
07-10-2008, 10:02 PM
I must admit that I'm a little disappointment. To be fair, I'm almost always a little disappointment by the offseason, but I expect the rookies to be surprise.

Well if Hill turns out to become another Tony Parker in his first season, I wonder if many of us will still remember we wanted CM.

DPG21920
07-10-2008, 10:04 PM
Lakers were without Bynum..a guy who could give them 14 and 10 with a few blocks. stop acting like lakers were healthly. they weren't

Huge difference, they had lost Bynum months ago, and had time to get used to playing without him. They also had the luxury of filling in his injury with PAU GASOL.......... if the Spurs could of replaced Manu with Maggette or someone better, they would have done much better. GTFO....The Spurs had no time to adjust and did not have an all-star to fill in the gap.

DPG21920
07-10-2008, 10:12 PM
That is not to discredit the Lakers, it is just part of the game. I think people are disappointed because the Spurs can still compete for a title, but the gap has shrunk. There is no difference between the Spurs and any other major contender now and no one we signed will push the gap further. It will keep us in the hunt, but not separate us from the pack. I am ok with everything, as long as we have our Big 3 healthy, we have a great chance. We need our D to get back to the championship level however, I hope these young guys can do that, which I think they can!

Spurtacus
07-10-2008, 10:21 PM
This offseason is going to be about the draft picks. How will they do? I am disappointed right now, but this could all turn around and we could have a bunch of young studs on our team.

itzsoweezee
07-10-2008, 10:42 PM

:rollin

1. because the spurs did nothing to improve in the offseason.
2. they targeted the wrong fucking player and passed on better ones.
3. and 4. they're idiots. roger mason brings nothing the spurs need.
5. you're just a homer. this team is giving away championships.

spursnatic
07-10-2008, 10:57 PM
Kori is right--we got the guy we wanted in the draft.

Pop told Hill that if he was still available when they got around to the Spurs, he was the pick.

That is clear, unequivocal, umambiguous.

The other fellow was told he could fit well in the rotation, etc, which he probably would.

This was equivocal, ambiguous and muddled.

The rest is history. But for some reason I think if Alexis Ajinca or Nikolas Batum were still there, they would've most likely picked them ahead?

mexicanjunior
07-10-2008, 11:21 PM
This off-season is quite disappointing considering the Spurs did not address what they needed in order to stay in contention. Whether the players that could have fixed the Spurs this off-season were available is debatable but I think they are pretty much treading water in a conference that will be much better next year...

kobyz
07-11-2008, 06:12 AM
i just meant to say that this season we have very very bad luck: loosing Scola, Maggette and Splitter, the Manu injury, waste a 24 and a 17 point leads against the lakers, loosing the player that most of the fan wanted in the draft by one spot... for me, i had a feelin thet this season was cursed

AC#21_TD ERA
07-11-2008, 06:25 AM

When you don't successfully defend your title and you go through ridiculous offensive droughts you've got some problems. We weren't one healthy ankle away from making the finals, LA didn’t have Bynum. I know he's no Manu but hes important to them as well. Mason isn’t the solution. We needed to sign a scorer like JR to relieve the pressure off our big 3 on the offensive end. The Spurs have failed dramatically this off season so far and it will haunt them big time next season. FIRE RC DUMBFORD!

:bang

MarHill
07-11-2008, 06:51 AM
When you don't successfully defend your title and you go through ridiculous offensive droughts you've got some problems. We weren't one healthy ankle away from making the finals, LA didn’t have Bynum. I know he's no Manu but hes important to them as well. Mason isn’t the solution. We needed to sign a scorer like JR to relieve the pressure off our big 3 on the offensive end. The Spurs have failed dramatically this off season so far and it will haunt them big time next season. FIRE RC DUMBFORD!

:bang

How can you write that Roger Mason is a bad sign? This was not a great FA class this year...anyway. If you didn't have Maggette, Brand, and Davis opt-out of their contracts....this FA class wouldn't been talked about.

Also, JR Smith is a RFA and Denver can match any Spurs offer. So there was no guarantee we were going to get him.

The Spurs went after Maggette and he wanted more money from GSW. You can't fault the FO for going after him. Also, they drafted three young players who the coaching staff believes two of them will make the team.

So...they decided to go young. And the Pistons showed last year with Rodney Stuckey, Jason Maxiell, and Amir Johnson you can play young guys with a solid group of veterans and still be a championship contender. Those guys are more pieces to their puzzle.

The Spurs can do the same thing with their guys. Some Spurs Fans....seem to forget they only way we are going to get a big name FA is if they traded one of the big three (that's not happening) or 2010 when most of the contracts will come off the books. That was their plan anyway.

Moreover, it's not like the Spurs went into some great decline like the Miami Heat after their championship. This team (yes....with their offensive drought problems) made it to the WCF and I believe if Manu was healthy it would have made the difference. They held the Lakers to 93 ppg in that series....don't forget that.

I'm not saying...the Spurs FO doesn't make mistakes. They're human. But they have earned my trust because they have brought the players in here to take 3 of the last 6 championships. No other team in the NBA can say that!!!

This isn't Dallas who choked their finals appearance away and traded most of their team to get an aging Jason Kidd. Or the Phoenix Suns...who traded their best defensive player for an aging Shaq. They've never made to the finals.

And the last year...when everybody in the media was ready to anoint the Jazz, Hornets, and Blazers (as the next ones to come take the Western Conference)...who was standing in their way. The Spurs!!! The old, boring Spurs!!!

Anyway....I'm saying we have to see how every is going to play out. But if you thought...that this off-season was going to bring some big-splash...then you aren't looking at the big picture.

I want to give Hill, Ian, Hairston, and Gist (if he makes the team a chance)...before I decide to say this off-season was a failure.

Yep...Spurs fans are spoiled. Yikes!!!!

AC#21_TD ERA
07-11-2008, 07:08 AM
How can you write that Roger Mason is a bad sign? This was not a great FA class this year...anyway. If you didn't have Maggette, Brand, and Davis opt-out of their contracts....this FA class wouldn't been talked about.

Also, JR Smith is a RFA and Denver can match any Spurs offer. So there was no guarantee we were going to get him.

The Spurs went after Maggette and he wanted more money from GSW. You can't fault the FO for going after him. Also, they drafted three young players who the coaching staff believes two of them will make the team.

So...they decided to go young. And the Pistons showed last year with Rodney Stuckey, Jason Maxiell, and Amir Johnson you can play young guys with a solid group of veterans and still be a championship contender. Those guys are more pieces to their puzzle.

The Spurs can do the same thing with their guys. Some Spurs Fans....seem to forget they only way we are going to get a big name FA is if they traded one of the big three (that's not happening) or 2010 when most of the contracts will come off the books. That was their plan anyway.

Moreover, it's not like the Spurs went into some great decline like the Miami Heat after their championship. This team (yes....with their offensive drought problems) made it to the WCF and I believe if Manu was healthy it would have made the difference. They held the Lakers to 93 ppg in that series....don't forget that.

I'm not saying...the Spurs FO doesn't make mistakes. They're human. But they have earned my trust because they have brought the players in here to take 3 of the last 6 championships. No other team in the NBA can say that!!!

This isn't Dallas who choked their finals appearance away and traded most of their team to get an aging Jason Kidd. Or the Phoenix Suns...who traded their best defensive player for an aging Shaq. They've never made to the finals.

And the last year...when everybody in the media was ready to anoint the Jazz, Hornets, and Blazers (as the next ones to come take the Western Conference)...who was standing in their way. The Spurs!!! The old, boring Spurs!!!

Anyway....I'm saying we have to see how every is going to play out. But if you thought...that this off-season was going to bring some big-splash...then you aren't looking at the big picture.

I want to give Hill, Ian, Hairston, and Gist (if he makes the team a chance)...before I decide to say this off-season was a failure.

My point is we needed a scorer not a Mason type player. We made an offer to one scorer Maggette. We didn't throw JR Smith a contract. It would have been pretty extreme consequences for Denver if they matched it. If they matched then I understand but I doubt they could afford to match it. That's where the Spurs failed. R.C PUSSYFORD NEEDS TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR HIS ACTIONS!

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-11-2008, 07:50 AM

How old are you, 13? Get over it. Maggette was NEVER coming here. We always draft unknowns, 2 of whom turned into All-Stars.

And as for the Lakers series, we all knew the team couldn't win without the Big 3 at their best - it was a flawed team too dependent on it's stars for scoring - and it doesn't hurt anything like 0.4sec or Ginobili's foul in 2006... or even 2000-2003 for that matter.

Talk about over-reacting... :rolleyes

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-11-2008, 07:53 AM
My point is we needed a scorer not a Mason type player. We made an offer to one scorer Maggette. We didn't throw JR Smith a contract. It would have been pretty extreme consequences for Denver if they matched it. If they matched then I understand but I doubt they could afford to match it. That's where the Spurs failed. R.C PUSSYFORD NEEDS TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR HIS ACTIONS!

No, they made the right choice.

JR Smith = great athlete with no brain or conscience. He would have been in Pop's doghouse the whole time. Add to that his unclutchness - the guy goes solo warrior under pressure and singlehandedly loses games.

RC Buford, to whom you owe an apology, has delivered 3 rings to this franchise with shrewd choices. No-one is 100% in this game, but Buford has hit more than he's missed. You should STFU.

AC#21_TD ERA
07-11-2008, 08:16 AM
No, they made the right choice.

JR Smith = great athlete with no brain or conscience. He would have been in Pop's doghouse the whole time. Add to that his unclutchness - the guy goes solo warrior under pressure and singlehandedly loses games.

RC Buford, to whom you owe an apology, has delivered 3 rings to this franchise with shrewd choices. No-one is 100% in this game, but Buford has hit more than he's missed. You should STFU.

JR Smith= Take the fukin risk. Yeah that makes sense what you said give someone the MLE and he JR will be in the dog house the whole time. Thats a stupid comment. JR Smith is human bean and he's going to make mistakes aswell. He deverves a chance to redeme himself. He would of been a great 4th option and he would of fixed our offensive droughts. JR Smith with the Spurs would been like having Stephen Jackson back.

RC Pussyford: I dont owe him shit. He didn't deliver 3 rings the Coaches and players did. He had a franchise player in Duncan to build around. Who can't bulid a team around the best PF in history. He got lucky with Parker he was a steal at pick 28. Plus PROVEN veterans want to come to play for the Spurs and take less money beacuse they know its the team to win a title with.

YOU JUST GOT OWNED, SO YOU SHOULD SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Taco
07-11-2008, 08:20 AM
Chicken Little thread.

STSA thread :lol

rascal
07-11-2008, 08:49 AM
This off-season is quite disappointing considering the Spurs did not address what they needed in order to stay in contention. Whether the players that could have fixed the Spurs this off-season were available is debatable but I think they are pretty much treading water in a conference that will be much better next year...

Agree. The moves are like threading water. They needed to add another reliable scoring option with athleticism to break down the scoring droughts the team suffers from and they did not get that type of player.

Demo Dick Marcinko
07-11-2008, 08:51 AM

A voice of reason, finally. All these other wannabe armchair GM's just don't get it. I'll stick with the glass is half full perspective. We've been contenders ever since Pop and Tim got here. Fans of the Hawks, Warriors, Pacers etc would give their left nut to be fans of the Spurs. Me Thinks your right Spurs fans are spoiled, unrealistic and 1/2 of them can't even do their own job right or manage their own lives and here they are trying to be armchair GM's.

Some of the FO moves I've questioned like signing Bonner, but I'll defer to Pop and RC because, well that's what they do for a living. If I want to learn more about basketball and building and maintaining a winning and competitive team then I'll watch them. If they ever want to learn about real estate and real estate investing they can always come talk to me.

Some people here expect that we're going to win the NBA championship every year. Grow up or watch more basketball. This isn't 1950 or whatever year when there were like 12 teams and the Celtics were winning it every year.

Relax people, let's see how the rest of FA plays out, don't expect anything that will knock your jock off, the FO is not going to mess up 2010 and let's see how our draft picks play out. I'll bet 1 or 2 of them pleasantly surprise us, as well as Roger Mason. And the cool thing about it is that regardless of how anyone thinks this off season, draft, losing Scola, Splitter plays out - we're still going to be amongst the elite and we have as good a chance as anyone else of winning it all.

It's just a game. Peace.:toast

rascal
07-11-2008, 08:53 AM
JR Smith= Take the fukin risk. Yeah that makes sense what you said give someone the MLE and he JR will be in the dog house the whole time. Thats a stupid comment. JR Smith is human bean and he's going to make mistakes aswell. He deverves a chance to redeme himself. He would of been a great 4th option and he would of fixed our offensive droughts. JR Smith with the Spurs would been like having Stephen Jackson back.

RC Pussyford: I dont owe him shit. He didn't deliver 3 rings the Coaches and players did. He had a franchise player in Duncan to build around. Who can't bulid a team around the best PF in history. He got lucky with Parker he was a steal at pick 28. Plus PROVEN veterans want to come to play for the Spurs and take less money beacuse they know its the team to win a title with.

Agree. Sometimes you need to take a risk for the player with the higher potential. The spurs always choose to bypass any type of high risk vs high reward decision.

Extra Stout
07-11-2008, 09:03 AM

we isn't not ones no too criticizing front office
than is also disappoint, not only but series, than also draft?
some would might always disappointment, but towards patient could
than players exceed to expect... we can towards not guarantee
we learning not long since times hope up getting end up free agents, not loosing so adds how disappoint?

anakha
07-11-2008, 09:17 AM
Agree. Sometimes you need to take a risk for the player with the higher potential. The spurs always choose to bypass any type of high risk vs high reward decision.

Then if they do take the risky choice and it backfires, it's the Spurs' fault for making a stupid decision?

rascal
07-11-2008, 11:49 AM
Then if they do take the risky choice and it backfires, it's the Spurs' fault for making a stupid decision?

Not at all. I've never been against high risk/high reward.

rascal
07-11-2008, 11:52 AM
we isn't not ones no too criticizing front office
than is also disappoint, not only but series, than also draft?
some would might always disappointment, but towards patient could
than players exceed to expect... we can towards not guarantee
we learning not long since times hope up getting end up free agents, not loosing so adds how disappoint?

Easy on him. English may be his 4'th language.

DPG21920
07-11-2008, 02:31 PM

He called him a human bean........ha ha, not being mean, just made me laugh