View Full Version : Jags' Matt Jones popped with coke

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-10-2008, 10:48 AM
http://www.ksat.com//sports/16842606/detail.html

NFL Receiver Arrested On Felony Drug Charge
Jones Allegedly Found With Cocaine In Car

POSTED: 10:03 am CDT July 10, 2008
UPDATED: 10:31 am CDT July 10, 2008

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. -- Fayetteville police said Jacksonville Jaguars wide receiver Matt Jones was arrested on a felony drug charge after officers found him in a parked car, cutting up what was suspected to be cocaine.

A police report said officers approached a Toyota 4Runner just after 12:40 a.m. Thursday morning and found the 25-year-old inside, using a credit card to chop up a white substance. Police say an officer drew his handgun on Jones after he did not immediately show his hands.

Police say they found inside the car a jar with possible marijuana residue and a plastic bag with what was likely cocaine in it. Officers said Jones admitted he had cocaine.

Jones, along with the other two passengers -- Benjamin Cook and Jared Hicks -- were arrested and booked into jail. Jones was being held without bond until a hearing scheduled in Washington County Circuit Court on Friday.

Jones, who played quarterback during his college career in Arkansas, has not been an asset for the Jaguars in the receiver position. Jones had just 24 catches for 317 yards and four touchdowns in 2007.

stretch
07-10-2008, 10:53 AM
idiot. such a talented player too.

Brutalis
07-10-2008, 11:23 AM
Few weeks ago he was in Arkansas helping some fund raiser and it was said he was real strung out. He been doing it for a long while.

Condemned 2 HelLA
07-10-2008, 12:03 PM
R. Jay Soward v2.0.
Fucking dumbass.
:pctoss

mardigan
07-10-2008, 12:17 PM
Guess he'll be on the Cowboys this time next year.

stretch
07-10-2008, 12:44 PM
Police say they found inside the car a jar with possible marijuana residue and a plastic bag with what was likely cocaine in it. Officers said Jones admitted he had cocaine.

anyone else find this to be a little odd? kinda has a resemblance to the "finding" and "looting" issue a while back... to me anyways.

kskonn
07-10-2008, 01:02 PM
Guess he'll be on the Cowboys this time next year.

come on you know better than that, only talented drug users get a shot in dallas, this guy has no chance.

monosylab1k
07-10-2008, 01:03 PM
come on you know better than that, only talented drug users get a shot in dallas, this guy has no chance.

Matt Jones is more talented than anybody on the Dallas roster minus TO and Ware. He's just a drugged up idiot. If he ever cleans up he'll be a perennial Pro Bowl receiver.

mardigan
07-10-2008, 01:05 PM
Matt Jones is more talented than anybody on the Dallas roster minus TO and Ware. He's just a drugged up idiot. If he ever cleans up he'll be a perennial Pro Bowl receiver.

The Pac and Newman are pretty talented as well. But I will agree with you on Jones talent, he's got that shit in spades. Just doesnt really seem to care about using it.

jack sommerset
07-10-2008, 01:15 PM
The Pac and Newman are pretty talented as well. But I will agree with you on Jones talent, he's got that shit in spades. Just doesnt really seem to care about using it.

Don't forget Romo,Barber,Terry Glenn,Witten,the offensive line,Tank,Hamlin, this years draft picks. Jones would not even be one of the starting Wide outs on that team this year. Jags got some real WRs this year.

PS.Hopefully JT knows nothing about the coke, he may get excited and go on a binge with the girl beaten drugee he calls a friend.

kskonn
07-10-2008, 01:20 PM

yea I will give you that, I should have said only drugged up players who have proven themselves to be playmakers get a shot on the cowboys.

J.T.'s Dealer
07-10-2008, 02:50 PM
PS.Hopefully JT knows nothing about the coke, he may get excited and go on a binge with the girl beaten drugee he calls a friend.

I got a fat rock with his name on it if he does! :smokin

stretch
07-10-2008, 04:50 PM
Don't forget Romo,Barber,Terry Glenn,Witten,the offensive line,Tank,Hamlin, this years draft picks. Jones would not even be one of the starting Wide outs on that team this year. Jags got some real WRs this year.

saying that shows you have no clue what you are talking about.

Matt Jones is a phenominal talent and athlete.

Spurtacus
07-11-2008, 02:10 AM
Matt Jones suck. He had talent. WTF has he done but dropped passes since 05? First round bust.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=8436

jack sommerset
07-11-2008, 01:11 PM

I do know that phenominal talent caught only 24 passes last season.I do know they brought in Porter and Williamson because Jones was not cutting it. I do know he was busted for coke. Add the clues up and this season is looking bad for the former Razorback, perhaps the rest of his football career. He is a average player in this league. Thats my point.

Vinnie_Johnson
07-11-2008, 01:18 PM

And a great cokehead as well. :toast

GEICO Caveman
07-11-2008, 05:40 PM
Seriously if you play in the NFL why not get a limo to drive you and your friends around and do your coke in there?