PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think??

PakiDan
07-10-2008, 10:56 AM
It's kind of long... but please read and give me feedback.

On Monday I was watching the Psychic Children show on A&E. They had a little girl on there that could "see" energys and illness in people. They brought a psychic healer from Arizona on the show to help her understand her gift. I was pretty impressed with her so I looked her up and sent her an email. I shortly thereafter recieved an email from her assistant saying that my email had made an impression on her boss and she would like to call me. She called me and we had a pretty astounding conversation. She explained what she sees and how it affects herself and the people she helps. She then asked my permission to talk about things she sees about my situation. I gave her permission. She immediately gave me information about the origins of my problem that ABSOLUTELY NO ONE but my immediate family would have known. I mean she was DEAD ON. She explained my current affliction to a T. She didn't miss anything. She said she feels that God leads people to her that she can truly help. It was scary how accurate she was. Especially about past events in my life and what age I was when these happened. She was dead, spot on about an ilness I contracted when I was a little boy... it was scary. She then told me that she wants me to fly to Arizona so she can help me in person. I've done some research on her and she seems really legit. She is well known throughout the country and is a respected member of the medical community in Arizona... the thing is being that I no longer work, it would be a big sacrifice and it would take moving some pretty large rocks to gat the resources to be able to fly there. Should I go for it... or do you think I would be wasting my time and energy?? Your opinions would be greatly appreciated.

BacktoBasics
07-10-2008, 10:58 AM
Has she asked you for any money? Is she going to ask you for any money?

Brutalis
07-10-2008, 11:01 AM
You're not seriously buying into this scam are you?

People use your bad health or disabilities against you, and when you are in that position it's easy to want to believe or be taken advantage of.

Man, do what you will but you are getting stooped.

PakiDan
07-10-2008, 11:02 AM
Has she asked you for any money? Is she going to ask you for any money?

This is how she makes her living so yes... it would cost me a few hundred... I was leary - but I didn't feel like she was giving me a sales pitch, and she was in fact dead on about what I am going through. I think she is legit. I'm not offended at the idea of paying, I mean my Cardiac doctor has all the skills necessary to help me, and could technically donate his services to save my life, but I still have to pay him too...

PakiDan
07-10-2008, 11:03 AM
You're not seriously buying into this scam are you?

People use your bad health or disabilities against you, and when you are in that position it's easy to want to believe or be taken advantage of.

Man, do what you will but you are getting stooped.

She's a pretty good scammer than... to know what happened to me at an early age... can you take a guess?

peewee's lovechild
07-10-2008, 11:05 AM
I don't know about stuff like this, Pak.

I mean, it is weird how she knew about your affliction, but I'm always wary about this supernatural stuff.

Still, if you think you can get something out of this, try it out if you can.

Brutalis
07-10-2008, 11:08 AM
B2B is right, girl is talking about money already.

Man, these people are pro. She knows a lot about things because she probably studied up on it and has been doing it for a while.

I don't know how religious you are, but no miracle is coming from some chick wanting to see you and cut her a check. You believe in miracles or phenoms.? I do. Just pray about it if you pray. The truth and what you need to do will become clear.

Just understand it is her and these sort of people's job to word things so well and make everything look 'perfect' and 'right' when you are in the situation you are in. If it feels right or whatever then just do it, nobody here can tell you if it's right for you or not specifically because only you know how what you're going through feels.

BacktoBasics
07-10-2008, 11:11 AM
This is how she makes her living so yes... it would cost me a few hundred... I was leary - but I didn't feel like she was giving me a sales pitch, and she was in fact dead on about what I am going through. I think she is legit. I'm not offended at the idea of paying, I mean my Cardiac doctor has all the skills necessary to help me, and could technically donate his services to save my life, but I still have to pay him too...I don't want to steer you away from something that might benefit you but like stated above the very best salespeople and the very best pitch is the one that makes sense rather than appear to be a pitch.

Part of being successful in selling is the ability to help people feel like what you're offering is something that is easily rationalized in your head instead of being an expense. She sounds like she nailed it.

I'm not saying she would have access to your personal health records or anything but most of these miracle people seem to eventually turn out to be frauds.

Background check her?

Brutalis
07-10-2008, 11:19 AM
Also, I watched that show man. And you need to know that most of that is fake, it's for TV. It gets ratings and is entertaining. On a Razorbacks forum I post on, they had a 23 page argument about how it's just made for TV and the stuff isn't real. When every now and then someone posted on how it happened to them, but in end it's easy to believe a kid because you think they can't lie without feeling bad or something when really they are taught how to.

My point is don't go off what you see on TV. If she is legit then take your time and do what B2B said and get a background check on her, you might just find fraud or something of the sort. A&E isn't exactly a network to be trusting either, they show a lot of crap as does the History Channel with their UFO stuff. Just because it's on HC doesn't mean it's real is my point.

And I agree 100% with B2B like he said access public records and if you have a lawyer get him to look her up.

ps- What is her name? You can access records online to see if she has a criminal record.

PakiDan
07-10-2008, 11:27 AM
Also, I watched that show man. And you need to know that most of that is fake, it's for TV. It gets ratings and is entertaining. On a Razorbacks forum I post on, they had a 23 page argument about how it's just made for TV and the stuff isn't real. When every now and then someone posted on how it happened to them, but in end it's easy to believe a kid because you think they can't lie without feeling bad or something when really they are taught how to.

My point is don't go off what you see on TV. If she is legit then take your time and do what B2B said and get a background check on her, you might just find fraud or something of the sort. A&E isn't exactly a network to be trusting either, they show a lot of crap as does the History Channel with their UFO stuff. Just because it's on HC doesn't mean it's real is my point.

And I agree 100% with B2B like he said access public records and if you have a lawyer get him to look her up.

ps- What is her name? You can access records online to see if she has a criminal record.

Good advice... thanks!

angel_luv
07-10-2008, 02:06 PM
Paki- Have you considered visting a church here and letting the minister there pray with you?

There are many wonderful Christian pastors in town who, I am sure, would be delighted to meet with and encourage you. And, none of them would charge you.

I wish you would come visit my church sometime. I think you would really enjoy it.

BacktoBasics
07-10-2008, 02:08 PM
Paki- Have you considered visting a church here and letting the minister there pray with you?

There are many wonderful Christian pastors in town who, I am sure, would be delighted to meet with and encourage you. And, none of them would charge you.

I wish you would come visit my church sometime. I think you would really enjoy it.
:lol

Los Spurs
07-10-2008, 02:18 PM
Paki,

The best thing for anyone in this world is the "POWER OF PRAYER"
Prayer is humbly speaking to God.
Have Faith and I promise you, that everything is going to be all right.
Remember that only one person on this earth had the power of healing and he died for all of us many centuries ago...

BacktoBasics
07-10-2008, 02:20 PM
Paki,

The best thing for anyone in this world is the "POWER OF PRAYER"
Prayer is humbly speaking to God.
Have Faith and I promise you, that everything is going to be all right.
Remember that only one person on this earth had the power of healing and he died for all of us many centuries ago...

4 out of 5 doctors prescribe prayer.

angel_luv
07-10-2008, 02:25 PM
4 out of 5 doctors prescribe prayer.

Looks like you could use a double dose. :)

But then again, so could I. :)

ashbeeigh
07-10-2008, 02:25 PM
There is a such thing as a holistic approach to medicine, and this is part of it, I think. I believe in prayer and medicine first, but there is always something to be said about non-traditional medicine.

If you've done enough research on the girl, Paki, and the science (or lack of that some may call it), then I don't see why doing this isn't something that you shouldn't do. My 2 cents.

mavs>spurs2
07-10-2008, 02:32 PM
The supernatural does exist, but I would honestly be a little weary. Not saying she doesn't have a gift from God, but my first impression is that psychic powers don't come from anything good. Is she a pagan?

PakiDan
07-10-2008, 04:09 PM

Thanks Angel.. what church do you go to? You can PM me if you want. I started going to Oak Hills Church recently.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-10-2008, 04:13 PM
:lol

:lmao

Los Spurs
07-10-2008, 04:23 PM
:lmao

:nope

slayermin
07-10-2008, 04:29 PM
If you can afford it, do it. It's sounds like an interesting adventure regardless of the outcome.

remingtonbo2001
07-10-2008, 05:39 PM
Thanks Angel.. what church do you go to? You can PM me if you want. I started going to Oak Hills Church recently.

Okay, Paki.

I've been to Oak Hills and I've been to Living Way (Angel's Church).

I found Living Way to be heads and shoulders above any church I've been to.

It's definitely different. In a good way. A very good way.

I live off DeZavala and really don't mind the drive.

Heck, if you really want to come and you live on this side of town, I'd be more than happy to give you a ride.

Regardless, Veronica is correct. The first place you need to look for wellness is God. Everything else (Doctor's, protocol) will fall into place.

You're in my prayers. I hope you find the answers you are searching for.

Chief
07-10-2008, 06:03 PM
One question for those of you that say she is a con artist or has studied into it ?

Unless Dan gave her, his real name, how can she have studied up on what happened to him as a child ? How can you make that stuf up and be 100% correct ?

I don't have a opinion either way on this, just curious

td4mvp21
07-10-2008, 06:15 PM
That's really really interesting. Would you be able to find out if the treatment actually worked before you paid her? You should go with your gut instinct on this...if you have a good feeling after talking to her I would say go for it if you can do it financially/realistically.

td4mvp21
07-10-2008, 06:16 PM
Also does she have a website or somewhere that gives information about her, that would be cool to read.

PakiDan
07-10-2008, 06:53 PM
Also does she have a website or somewhere that gives information about her, that would be cool to read.

She does.. it's www.reikiinfoline.com

I never gave her my full name and she went into specifics about a very specific disease that I contracted when I was five that doctors believe led to the heart problems. This is not a well known disease and she specifically pointed to the organs affected and the correct timeline. That's a lot of coincidences.

As for Bo - I think I'd be willing to try out your church. PM me.

Ronaldo McDonald
07-10-2008, 06:55 PM
I'm a cynic and I'll be the first to admit that. I mean, how do you know this chick doesn't have access to all of your medical records?

I think the way to find that out would be to call her again and not give her your real name or any other personal info and make sure you dont call from your house or cell (that way she wouldn't be able to track down the number and other personal information that it can lead to).

PakiDan
07-10-2008, 06:59 PM
I'm a cynic and I'll be the first to admit that. I mean, how do you know this chick doesn't have access to all of your medical records?

I think the way to find that out would be to call her again and not give her your real name or any other personal info and make sure you dont call from your house or cell (that way she wouldn't be able to track down the number and other personal information that it can lead to).

Whwn I emailed and talked to her the only name I gave her was Dan. I called from my mom's cell phone which is registered under her maiden name. She would have had to pull some high dollar investigative techniques too pull a few hundred out of my pocket... seems hardly worth the trouble... I don't know...

Ronaldo McDonald
07-10-2008, 07:08 PM
Whwn I emailed and talked to her the only name I gave her was Dan. I called from my mom's cell phone which is registered under her maiden name. She would have had to pull some high dollar investigative techniques too pull a few hundred out of my pocket... seems hardly worth the trouble... I don't know...

Hell, maybe it's no scam. Do it. You don't want to back out and then regret it later on. You've go nothing to lose.

BigZak
07-10-2008, 07:42 PM
dan, sometimes you just gotta say...what the fuck...:tu

PakiDan
07-10-2008, 10:22 PM
dan, sometimes you just gotta say...what the fuck...:tu

Thanks Zak...

Sense
07-10-2008, 10:39 PM
wow that is a hard decision.... you know I've seen this kind of questions before with friends or co-workers.... and at the end they feel scammed... and when they find out how most of the time they say " I can't believe I didn't think of that". Scammers are really ahead of us because they live off scams and they spend their time trying to trick us... be skeptical.. but if you really really believe that she has a need to help you.. then do it.

marini martini
07-10-2008, 11:37 PM
[QUOTE=PakiDan;2655217 They had a little girl on there that could "see" energies and illness in people. I shortly thereafter received an email from her assistant saying that my email had made an impression on her boss and she would like to call me. She called me and we had a pretty astounding conversation. She said she feels that God leads people to her that she can truly help. She then told me that she wants me to fly to Arizona so she can help me in person. I've done some research on her and she seems really legit. She is well known throughout the country and is a respected member of the medical community in Arizona..Your opinions would be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Dan, is this little girl still little? If she is, and has an assistant, that calls her a "boss", then something smells fishy in the perfume factory.
What kind of "child healer" has a business going on with assistants and what not?
Any "healer" that has God given talents, does not sell them or charge them any amount of money. It could be you gave her just the right amount of info in your first e-mail to her.
Go ahead and give Veronica's, & Bo's church a try. They do have folks there that can & will lay hands on you for healing. I know, personally prayer, in numbers does work.
Peace.

sabar
07-11-2008, 12:02 AM
If it sounds too good and looks to good, then it is too good to be true.

These "psychics" employ learned techniques to generalize their way into trust. They stab around in the dark and when you say "yeah that's true" you narrow it down for them until they figure something out.

I would think God wouldn't want someone to sell out their connection with him for money.

2Blonde
07-11-2008, 01:17 AM
You know, even psychics who work with Police departments get paid. Yes many of them employ standard techniques as a way of "fishing". But generally, most well respected psychics are highly intuitive and have learned how to develop that gift. If the price for their time is not unreasonable and you may get some very valuable peace of mind from it, then go for it.
While you are doing your research on her, go to the website http://www.allisondubois.com. She is the real life lady who the show Medium is patterned after. She recommends a few people to do readings and most of them charge $200-$400 a session.
You should also Google " are well known psychics for real" or something like that.
I wish you the best whatever you decide. A positive outlook is what is most important and she may be able to give you that.

MannyIsGod
07-11-2008, 02:50 AM
Paki, why don't you just get someone to rub an egg on you bro?

You're going to all these doctors and spending all this money and somone probably just gave you ojo.

:p

http://www.shopinka.com/ProductImages/august/thumbnails/imok.jpg

MannyIsGod
07-11-2008, 02:51 AM
Nah but seriously I think sometimes these things can work. I don't know how or why or if its just a mental thing but I say you have nothing to lose but a few hundred bucks then its worth a try.

Slomo
07-11-2008, 04:05 AM
OK first the disclaimer:

I don't believe in these guys and from what I have seen so far 99.99% of them turned out to be frauds (I'm leaving that 0.01%, because I'm an open minded person :lol). Due to some weird series of events I was very close to the "Miracle(s) of Medjugorje", spending a lot of time there and over a period of a few years - and that bubble burst so quickly, that even the Roman Catholic church (who doesn't mind selling you a miracle or two) didn't want any official part in it.

BUT

People with terminal diseases were getting better and there's quite a few documented cases of serious illnesses receding (even without meeting the children). Another example that keeps bugging me was my uncle who was dying from cancer (luckily you're not at that point) went on a stupid diet, that had absolutely nothing to do with medical science or any other science for that matter (a neighbour told him about it), but it did make him feel better instantly and it did give him a few good months against all the doctor's prognosis (and at that stage in the illnes days are precious, let alone months). Since in pure medical terms the diet was harmless, his doctors never tried to talk him out of it.

So what I'm saying is that we still don't entirely understand how we function and that it seems that the right impulse can go a long way in making our bodies react. I would still put trained physicians (specially trustworthy ones) and modern medicine ahead of alternative means, but there are things they don't yet understand and if the alternative doesn't conflict with the official treatment I see no harm in it.

What it really comes down to is how much of a sacrifice (financial and emotional) this adventure will require from you. If you can do it without jeopardizing other things - do it.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-11-2008, 08:17 AM
Dan, you'd be surprised how much information people can find out about you off the net. There is no privacy any more. Maybe they got into your medical records somehow? Sounds dodgy to me. Was there any cold-reading going on?

As for Reiki, it's pretty big in Eastern medicine. Even if it's just the placebo effect, some studies shows that it helps.

I'm with the others - if you have the money, do it, what harm? But don't let the fees escalate, don't let them string you out like the Scientologists. :lol

Oh, and great post, Slomo. I concur entirely. :)

Shelly
07-11-2008, 12:31 PM
I'd say give it a shot. I do think some people have the ability to be psychic, but there's a lot of frauds out there. From what I've read about Sylvia Browne (the one that's always on Montel Williams' show...she turned out to be 95% wrong on her visions)

However, if she keeps wanting you to come back for readings, I'd be leery.

The Franchise
07-11-2008, 03:54 PM
If you can afford it, do it. It's sounds like an interesting adventure regardless of the outcome.

I saw a special on this once. These people study up on their subjects and when they meet you can read a lot just from your body language. Unless she is the new Jesus pass.