PDA

View Full Version : Bush and Cheney propose dissolving Judicial and Legislative branches altogether

Spurminator
07-10-2008, 04:21 PM
They would also like to postpone the election while they work to institute an unlimited term for the President.

xrayzebra, your thoughts?

xrayzebra
07-10-2008, 04:32 PM
I'm shocked. When did you decide that Bush wants to do all this. Air America come out with a new flash?

FromWayDowntown
07-10-2008, 04:44 PM
I hear that John Yoo has already written a lengthy memo on the subject and drafted the necessary executive proclamation.

xrayzebra
07-10-2008, 04:46 PM
I hear that John Yoo has already written a lengthy memo on the subject and drafted the necessary executive proclamation.

Really, can you post a copy so we can all laugh together.

Spurminator
07-10-2008, 04:46 PM
I'm shocked. When did you decide that Bush wants to do all this. Air America come out with a new flash?

Seriously, let's pretend this was real. Your reaction would be what? Humor me.

FromWayDowntown
07-10-2008, 04:49 PM
Really, can you post a copy so we can all laugh together.

Play along, xray. That stick up your ass is really quite unbecoming.

clambake
07-10-2008, 04:53 PM
maybe its Chavez envy.

xrayzebra
07-10-2008, 04:55 PM
You got to be kidding. All of you.

clambake
07-10-2008, 04:59 PM

no. we're serious. and don't call me kidding.

DarrinS
07-10-2008, 05:00 PM
Don't worry. It will all be over soon and then we'll have a new dipshit to make fun of.

xrayzebra
07-10-2008, 05:02 PM
I am hurt to the quick.

FromWayDowntown
07-10-2008, 05:03 PM

Hey, it's not as if we haven't already covered this ground -- or at least the notion of this Administration seeking to circumvent any sort of Legislative or Judicial review of its actions . . . .

Wild Cobra
07-10-2008, 05:48 PM
If Bush wanted to run for another term he could, at least if you listen to demoncraps...

Remember...

According to Michael Moore, President Bush spent so much time on vacation, he wansn't dou=ing the job of a president. His examples lead to president Bush fulfilling less than half of a term that he was appomited to by the supreme court... Not elected!

President Bush was only elected for his second term. Since he only fulfilled half of the first term, he can run again.

Read the constitution guys... 22nd Amendment (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty-second_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution ):

Section 1. No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once. But this article shall not apply to any person holding the office of President when this article was proposed by the Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding the office of President, or acting as President, during the term within which this article becomes operative from holding the office of President or acting as President during the remainder of such term.

Section 2. This article shall be inoperative unless it shall have been ratified as an amendment to the Constitution by the legislatures of three-fourths of the several States within seven years from the date of its submission to the States by the Congress.

Remember, I'm only going by what the demoncraps and libtards say, and applying the constitution to it.

Wild Cobra
07-10-2008, 05:49 PM
Don't worry. It will all be over soon and then we'll have a new dipshit to make fun of.

Yep... They are both bad presidential material.

The AM talk shows are going to make a killing these next four years.

peewee's lovechild
07-10-2008, 05:50 PM
But this article shall not apply to any person holding the office of President when this article was proposed by the Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding the office of President, or acting as President, during the term within which this article becomes operative from holding the office of President or acting as President during the remainder of such term.

Yea.

clambake
07-10-2008, 05:56 PM
frankly, i won't be satisfied until dissent is classified as a terrorist act..........as long as this classification is revoked in January!

Wild Cobra
07-10-2008, 06:36 PM
PeeWee.

I wasn't refering to that part at all. I thought I was clear. Please re-read my posting.

the idea is that president Bush was selected, not elected to his first term and took so much vacation time he didn't fulfill 2 years of it.

and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once.
They say Gore was elected, Bush was selected. With so much vacation time believed by the "Moore-ons" he fulfilled less than two years. Elected once in 2004. He can run again for 2008!

Besides, I say this with humor. The two loopholes (selected and vacation time) only apply in some libtards minds, but would surely be changed should president Bush announce a run for another term.

Oh, Gee!!
07-11-2008, 10:16 AM
it'll never happen. what will happen, is a declaration of martial law and cessation of upcoming elections for national security interests.