PDA

View Full Version : DeMarr Johnson - a possible option?

SenorSpur
07-10-2008, 07:49 PM
As the Spurs are figuring out how to fill out the rest of the roster, and now that Barry is officially gone, my thoughts went to DeMarr Johnson. We all know he can shoot, and by now, he knows the system.

I know he had that unfortunate DUI at the end of the playoffs, but has he fallen out of favor with the organization? Is it possible, he can be a low-cost, option at the swingman position?

ChumpDumper
07-10-2008, 07:50 PM
:jekka:convertib

oligarchy
Even without the DUI, I don't see him back.

Spurs Brazil
No

Magic 8 Ball
07-10-2008, 07:54 PM
I know he had that unfortunate DUI at the end of the playoffs, but has he fallen out of favor with the organization?

It is decidedly so.

Is it possible, he can be a low-cost, option at the swingman position?

Don't count on it.

spurman20
07-10-2008, 08:29 PM
The guy is no longer an NBA player.......he has the skill set to be a super sub but he is more interested in chilln with the home boys than playn ball.....if someone could light a fire under his ass he could help but I dont see that happening

Sigz
07-10-2008, 09:00 PM
Why not. He can score... We need another scorer with the loss of Barry.

timvp
07-10-2008, 09:04 PM
http://www.playersvoice.com/latest/audio-interviews.html

That link has a pretty cool DerMarr Johnson interview. He talks about how Pop is the best coach he's ever had and he explains why the Spurs don't even need the best players to win games. Too bad DJ messed up with that DUI because he actually comes across like he understands the Spurs' system.

Without the DUI, I'd say he'd have about a 30% chance of coming back. With the DUI, I'd say it's about a 1% chance.

ChumpDumper
07-10-2008, 09:09 PM
He can shoot at an NBA level -- doesn't look like he wants to do much else.

I personally would consider it but I doubt the Spurs will.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-10-2008, 09:11 PM
Why not. He can score... We need another scorer with the loss of Barry.

I watched him play during the regular season and he is a major defensive liability - absolutely the slowest lateral movement on an NBA court. Surely the FO can do better that him?

wisnub
07-10-2008, 09:38 PM
Fuck no...he might be smokin weed and get into trouble...

SPURSGOAT
07-10-2008, 09:52 PM
http://www.playersvoice.com/latest/audio-interviews.html

That link has a pretty cool DerMarr Johnson interview. He talks about how Pop is the best coach he's ever had and he explains why the Spurs don't even need the best players to win games. Too bad DJ messed up with that DUI because he actually comes across like he understands the Spurs' system.

Without the DUI, I'd say he'd have about a 30% chance of coming back. With the DUI, I'd say it's about a 1% chance.

He had a lot of great things to say about Pop and the Spurs... even with the DUI I could see him possibly being on the roster as deep bench; heck he is cheap and can shoot... something we need now that Barry is gone...

NuGGeTs-FaN
07-10-2008, 09:55 PM
ok so DJ gets ignored coz of a DUI and yet Spurs fans wanted JR Smith :lol

use double-standards much? :drunk

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-10-2008, 09:55 PM
I watched him play during the regular season and he is a major defensive liability - absolutely the slowest lateral movement on an NBA court. Surely the FO can do better that him?

As slow as he was, he's still faster than Finley.

SPURSGOAT
07-10-2008, 09:57 PM
Rather have this guy over Finley...

Spurtacus
07-10-2008, 10:27 PM
ok so DJ gets ignored coz of a DUI and yet Spurs fans wanted JR Smith :lol

use double-standards much? :drunk

JR Smith is a much better player. I thought even a Nuggets fan would know that. :lol

waly.mg
07-14-2008, 08:54 AM
What´s?

Why DeMarr Johnson is on the Roster of the Spurs Website

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-14-2008, 11:44 AM
As slow as he was, he's still faster than Finley.

I'll take "neither"!

Finley'd better not be back.

spursnatic
07-14-2008, 11:56 AM
Who gives a shit about a DUI. The guy can play, if given a chance? But they hardly ever gave him a chance to show what he can do. Hopefully they can keep him, he is still very young. They are always talking about getting younger. So here is their chance!!:flag:

Solid D
09-11-2008, 06:35 PM
It looks like DerMarr is working out with the NJ Nets.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/2008-09-09-nba-notes_N.htm

Four players without guaranteed contracts are working out with the team —DerMarr Johnson, Brian Hamilton, Desmon Farmer and Julius Hodge.

T Park
09-11-2008, 06:59 PM
Who gives a shit about a DUI. The guy can play, if given a chance? But they hardly ever gave him a chance to show what he can do. Hopefully they can keep him, he is still very young. They are always talking about getting younger. So here is their chance!!:flag:

Who gives a shit about a DUI?

WTF!??!

koriwhat
09-11-2008, 07:33 PM
Who gives a shit about a DUI?

WTF!??!

see this is your problem... you took his statement as a moral thing and not a business thing. yes demarr as well as all others should give a shit about a dui but why would that even matter on the court in the biz? it doesn't. sort of like chalmers and arthur smoking herb, they were wrong and did drugs and should give a damn that they did them and move on but in the biz they are still getting their contracts. get it?

yeah no more stupid replies please cause you always seem to come back with some sort of moral bs or do things really go straight over your head?

Allanon
09-11-2008, 07:59 PM
If DJ isn't signed by now, it's pretty obvious the Spurs don't want him. DJ's always been lazy, he'd like to just get the ball and shoot and nothing else. If only he'd spent more time working on his defense instead of chillin' he would have gotten another contract.

Not to mention he's also a bit of a trouble-maker (ie. police had to taser his ass outside that nightclub in Denver)

ChuckD
09-11-2008, 08:05 PM
DerMarr could have easily made the club doing 2 things: defense, and rebounding at a level appropriate to the 3 spot. Everyone knows he can shoot. We need the other things more than his shooting. I think Vaughn is quite possibly a better rebounder.

Mr. Body
09-11-2008, 09:47 PM
If DerMarr Johnson is the answer, I don't want to know the question.

The Truth #6
09-11-2008, 10:50 PM
I'd rather roll the dice on Hairston than DeMarr. DeMarr said some great things in that interview, but I don't see him contributing to any team in a meaningful way.

lefty
09-11-2008, 11:36 PM
I voted Latrell Spreewell

koriwhat
09-12-2008, 04:16 AM
I voted Latrell Spreewell

i'm with you.

dbestpro
09-12-2008, 10:14 AM
:depressed
I'd rather roll the dice on Hairston than DeMarr. DeMarr said some great things in that interview, but I don't see him contributing to any team in a meaningful way.

You've rolled snake eyes.

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:O03707PyqCHaTM:http://www.toyvaulttoyclub.com/New%2520Logos/Other_Pics/gaming/Snake%2520Eyes%2520Dice.jpg

rAm
09-12-2008, 11:03 AM
If DerMarr Johnson is the answer, I don't want to know the question.

:lol

manufor3
09-12-2008, 05:05 PM
no no no no