PDA

View Full Version : The paint, please

waly.mg
07-10-2008, 08:16 PM
We have now 5 players from 1-2 Spots
Parker-Vaughn-Hill-Mason-Manu
We have Bowen and Udoka as SF, and both can play SG
And only Duncan-Oberto-Bonner and Mahinmi in the Paint

But right now the Havenīt a rebounder (Not named Tim Duncan)

There are 11 players.

We need Thomas of Course, but please another rebounder, one SF. or PF or C, but one player who can help TD when you need to have a Rebound.

Iīm tired to see, some Clutch games, when usually we play smasll, when the other team take rebounds after rebounds, after rebounds, after Rebounds

Sometimes were the Rockets, or the Jazz, or the Mavs too.

Sometimes, i miss Rasho, Nazr or Elson, can you believe it?

DespЏrado
07-10-2008, 08:20 PM
Udoka is a hell of a rebounder...so I'm not too worried about not signing another rebounder if we are planning on giving him more than spot minutes. Manu ain't too shabby himself when he isn't hurt.

Hopefully Ian is a huge success because I think that's all the additional help we are going to get in the paint next year.

ShoogarBear
07-10-2008, 08:24 PM
If Ian isn't a solid player by the end of the year, the Spurs won't be serious contenders.

DespЏrado
07-10-2008, 08:24 PM
And there is no way you should miss Elson if you want rebounding...I had never seen a player more incapable of moving laterally or more than 2 feet from his position to haul in a board. The guy let more reachable rebounds get away from him than any center we have ever had.

spurman20
07-10-2008, 08:25 PM
The perfect fit David Harrison from the pacers......he would look nice next to duncan he can score in the post and block shoots....he was in the dog house in Indy but he said he would sign cheap if he could get some PT

waly.mg
07-10-2008, 08:25 PM
Whatīs?

We talked last year about Scola and his size as 6ī9" for the rebounds, and now when we talk about help for Duncanm you Say Udika ???????????

timvp
07-10-2008, 08:26 PM
http://spurstalk.com/the-savior.jpg

DespЏrado
07-10-2008, 08:30 PM
Whatīs?

We talked last year about Scola and his size as 6ī9" for the rebounds, and now when we talk about help for Duncanm you Say Udika ???????????

Yeah Udoka. The guy is a great rebounder. He pulls in boards very well at his position. That was one of his strongest suits as a player last year since his defense and three point shooting were spotty at times. If he gets more PT the spurs will actually have a very good rebounding lineup with Duncan, Thomas, Udoka, Manu, and Hill on the floor. All of whom are very quick to loose balls.

With Kurt Thomas, Ian, and Oberto you pretty much have all that the spurs are going to get in the way of the other 4-5 rebounders.

spurman20
07-10-2008, 08:31 PM
http://spurstalk.com/the-savior.jpg

I think Ian will be good but we need more of the bench....

ShoogarBear
07-10-2008, 08:31 PM
"good rebounder for his size" != "solution to the paint"

DespЏrado
07-10-2008, 08:33 PM
"good rebounder for his size" != "solution to the paint"

Except for the fact that he is our defacto small ball 4. And unless Ian pans out, you are going to see him play alot of time at that position next year when we play quicker teams.

waly.mg
07-10-2008, 08:34 PM
Yes, if we sign Jason Kidd we can take a lot of rebounds, because is a great rebounder for his size

ShoogarBear
07-10-2008, 08:36 PM
Except for the fact that he is our defacto small ball 4. And unless Ian pans out, you are going to see him play alot of time at that position next year when we play quicker teams.

And if Ian doesn't pan out, the postseason will just be playing out the string.

DespЏrado
07-10-2008, 08:36 PM
Hey all I'm saying is that is all help rebounding the Spurs are realistically going to get. And it's not that bad, if Ian turns into a solid player. Otherwise yes we are absolutely going to have to rely on Udoka playing the 4 for much of the year.

Russ
07-10-2008, 08:38 PM
Unfortunately, that was supposed to be Splitter.

Splitter is the non-gift that just keeps on not giving.

waly.mg
07-10-2008, 08:41 PM
Do you know this Stat?

Rebounds
Playoffs numbers: Spurs 41.8 , Opponent 42,5
Conference Finals: Spurs 38.6 - Lakers 43

Blocks:
Spurs 3.4 - Lakers 4.4
Spurs 4.1 - Opponents 5.3

ChumpDumper
07-10-2008, 08:43 PM
So who is the great rebounder and blocker available for $2 million?

I can think of shitty guys who might get better for that money, but that's about it.

DespЏrado
07-10-2008, 08:47 PM
Do you know this Stat?

Rebounds
Playoffs numbers: Spurs 41.8 , Opponent 42,5
Conference Finals: Spurs 38.6 - Lakers 43

Blocks:
Spurs 3.4 - Lakers 4.4
Spurs 4.1 - Opponents 5.3

Read your original question. You asked for a 3 or 4 or 5 to help Duncan. You go on to say that when we went small we had horrible rebounding. That is true because Finely was a horrible small ball 4 who couldn't grab a rebound to save his life. But if you replace Finley as the defacto small ball 4 with Udoka the spurs will be much improved rebounding when they go small.

With that said hoepfully Ian is quick enough and good enough to guard players like Dirk so he can stay on the floor instead of forcing the SPurs to go small against the quicker teams.

lrrr
07-10-2008, 08:48 PM
The fact that the FO drafted Hill and pursued swings in FA suggests to me that they don't see bigs as a high priority, even though they were exposed in the rebounding department.

I hope (really HOPE) that this means they think Mahinmi will be able to deliver the goods next season, since he is the only addition to the frontline.

waly.mg
07-10-2008, 08:49 PM
Unfortunately, that was supposed to be Splitter.

Splitter is the non-gift that just keeps on not giving.

Unfortunately, is this a Lottery?

After Rasho, the Spurs never offer the MLE for a Big Man, always were Half MLE, or 2 for the MLE

I want a single mother fucker MLE Center

Any player who can take 5 rebounds, isnīt a LLE player

Iīm not talking about a stupid move like Andrew Bogutīs 70 millions, iīm talking about 5 years and 30

ChumpDumper
07-10-2008, 08:50 PM
It's too late for that.

$2 million.

DespЏrado
07-10-2008, 08:52 PM

After Rasho, the Spurs never offer the MLE for a Big Man, always were Half MLE, or 2 for the MLE

Iīm not talking about a stupid move like Andrew Bogutīs 70 millions, iīm talking about 5 years and 30

:lol:lol Yeah because cheap rebounding mobile centers are available for the MLE all of the time. When talking about centers you are talking about the most overpaid position in the nba.

waly.mg
07-10-2008, 08:56 PM
And how many good center, you can take for 3 million, if itīs impossible for the MLE, less for the Half

ChumpDumper
07-10-2008, 08:57 PM
Right, you sign the shitty guys you hope will get better.

spurman20
07-10-2008, 08:58 PM
What about Theo Ratliff, he is athletic a great shot blocker and rebounder....tuff as nails and can hit a jump shot and has a hook.....Give him the lle and look to do a sign and trade with Thomas.....several teams want him including the Lakers Heat Hornets Pistons and I have even heard Houston

waly.mg
07-10-2008, 09:00 PM
Iīm waiting for that move:

The NY Knicks waives Malik Rose

ChumpDumper
07-10-2008, 09:01 PM
Ratliff is actually pretty bad at rebounding now. Can still block though.

NewJerSpur
07-10-2008, 09:02 PM
Theo Ratliff has no real offensive skills. I liked him years ago in Philly and thought him more of a David Robinson proto-type (minus the ability to put up big offensive numbers), but then he got injured and lost some of his explosion. We might have gotten a guy comparable to him in the draft anyway at this point.

MarHill
What about Theo Ratliff, he is athletic a great shot blocker and rebounder....tuff as nails and can hit a jump shot and has a hook.....Give him the lle and look to do a sign and trade with Thomas.....several teams want him including the Lakers Heat Hornets Pistons and I have even heard Houston

I would like Ratliff for the Spurs...if he doesn't want too much money.

TDMVPDPOY
jerome james is waitin.....hahahaha

how about reggie evans...

spurman20
07-10-2008, 09:08 PM
I would like Ratliff for the Spurs...if he doesn't want too much money.

Yes Ratliff only on the cheap as a 2 yr fill in.....I believe he is a better option than Thomas..........:wow

exstatic
07-10-2008, 09:11 PM
The perfect fit David Harrison from the pacers......he would look nice next to duncan he can score in the post and block shoots....he was in the dog house in Indy but he said he would sign cheap if he could get some PT

He's fucking psychotic. He threatened to kill Matt Bonner as he was leaving the floor last year. Give it a rest.

ChumpDumper
07-10-2008, 09:12 PM
He's Harrison's agent.

spurman20
07-10-2008, 09:12 PM
He's fucking psychotic. He threatened to kill Matt Bonner as he was leaving the floor last year. Give it a rest.

Well we need to get rid of bonner anyway so maybe that really would work out!!:flag:

ChumpDumper
07-10-2008, 09:13 PM
I said we want shitty players who might get better, not stay shitty.

John_C
07-10-2008, 09:14 PM
Well we need to get rid of bonner anyway so maybe that really would work out!!:flag:

:lmao

spurman20
07-10-2008, 09:19 PM
I said we want shitty players who might get better, not stay shitty.

Just see him as a 12 mpg role player...he move much better than Thomas and is Taller.......And he has got to be a better rebounder than Berto

Tully365
07-10-2008, 09:22 PM
What about Alonzo Mourning? Has he said for sure that he's retiring?

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-10-2008, 09:24 PM
The last big should be Brian Skinner.

mystargtr34
07-10-2008, 09:25 PM
I would take Zo... hes not officially retired... imagine trying to score on that D

spurman20
07-10-2008, 09:25 PM
What about Alonzo Mourning? Has he said for sure that he's retiring?

He might work as well for 10 mpg but the spurs have tried to get him twice and he didnt wanna leave Miami......so I doubt he comes if he doesnt resign with Miami he will retire

spurman20
07-10-2008, 09:26 PM
The last big should be Brian Skinner.

I think he is a poor mans KT

Tully365
07-10-2008, 09:30 PM
The Spurs will not get a glamorous Big at this point, so what they need is the best unknown, old, or washed up big they can find. To which 80% of people will immediately respond: "he sucks"

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-10-2008, 09:33 PM

Sorta. I think he's like Kurt except without the jumpshot.

Obstructed_View
07-10-2008, 09:44 PM

Guess who's poor!

Spurtacus
07-10-2008, 10:33 PM
Duncan
Mahinmi
Thomas
Oberto

I think we're fine. Picking up someone like Dorell Wright may be beneficial. He's a 6'9 SF.

itzsoweezee
07-10-2008, 10:37 PM
if only we could have drafted someone like that rookie on the rockets . . . what's his name?

itzsoweezee
Duncan
Mahinmi
Thomas
Oberto

I think we're fine. Picking up someone like Dorell Wright may be beneficial. He's a 6'9 SF.

nope. not fine. only one of those guys is an offensive threat.

SequSpur
So wtf? ARe the Spurs going to see what Mahinmi can do in the summer league before they resign Kurt Thomas?????????????????????

:lmao

The Spurs are a fucking joke.

AusSpursFan
07-11-2008, 03:17 AM
would'nt even consider free agency for these roles. Both the Nets and Knicks have quality young bigs they are looking to move. We may have little to deal, but at least we are not wasting our time, these execs are being paid big bucks to work these deals.

kobyz
07-11-2008, 05:47 AM
i more concerned about the SF position, we only have Bowen, i think Udoka is too weak and small to guard this position.

mrspurs
07-11-2008, 09:05 AM
We have now 5 players from 1-2 Spots
Parker-Vaughn-Hill-Mason-Manu
We have Bowen and Udoka as SF, and both can play SG
And only Duncan-Oberto-Bonner and Mahinmi in the Paint

But right now the Havenīt a rebounder (Not named Tim Duncan)

There are 11 players.

We need Thomas of Course, but please another rebounder, one SF. or PF or C, but one player who can help TD when you need to have a Rebound.

Iīm tired to see, some Clutch games, when usually we play smasll, when the other team take rebounds after rebounds, after rebounds, after Rebounds

Sometimes were the Rockets, or the Jazz, or the Mavs too.

Sometimes, i miss Rasho, Nazr or Elson, can you believe it?

i dont think its the names you miss(rasho,nazr,elson) i think its the size of the guys you miss.....other then duncan we are little compared to the top tier west teams...even with kurt we will be exposed inside again...one reason why i see kurt saying, bye-bye sa...hello la....hope im wrong

macdude06
07-11-2008, 11:22 AM
since we are all in love with oberto...

what about kwame brown for cheap and the potential aspect??

(dont laugh at me)

spurman20
07-13-2008, 08:49 PM
he is worthless. Has no love for the game, no desire to win. If Pops could light a fire under his ass maybe.

my2sons
07-13-2008, 09:02 PM

everyone is on pins and needles to find out who this player you wish for is....even at full mle which we no longer have