PDA

View Full Version : LL Cool J on the Spurs

lefty
07-10-2008, 09:25 PM
This cocky bitch, steroided self-proclaimed "best rapper of all-time" is comparing his career to an NBA dynasty; go figure..... :flipoff

" It's like trying to compare the Spurs to the Lakers or Celtics; yes, the Spurs are very successful and have a lot of championships. But you can't compare them to the Celtics or to the Lakers. I'm on a whole other level. A lot of this guys (the other rappers) are the Spurs. And it's no disrespect."

I hope Duncan & Co read that shit..........

NewJerSpur
07-10-2008, 09:28 PM
I'm a Canibus man myself. :)

xtremesteven33
07-10-2008, 09:29 PM
link?

lefty
07-10-2008, 09:34 PM
link?

July's edition of Mensfitness

MarHill
07-10-2008, 09:37 PM
Actually...I think it's a compliment! Because if the Spurs suck....he wouldn't have mentioned them! LOL!!

dg7md
07-10-2008, 09:39 PM
Uh, it's true though. Lakers and Celtics have the most titles out of any other teams in the league. The Celtics, Lakers and Bulls are the godlike franchises of the league and that's just a fact.

We're on the next tier along with the Pistons.

lefty
07-10-2008, 09:40 PM
Yeah but they've been in the NBA way longer than the Spurs.....

texbound
07-10-2008, 09:45 PM
Actually, he is disrespecting the 1990's Chicago Bulls. He is right in tryng to compare the Spurs to the Lakers or Celtics throughout each respective team history, you just can't. However, you can compare them to each of those teams from any particular decade (except the 60's Celtics).

rj215
LL is like the Lakers in the sense that neither one has accomplished anything in a little while.....and no just reaching the finals doesn't count....plus no one on the Spurs listens to rap music anyway :p:

baseline bum
LL Cool J's a bitch.

Kool Moe Dee & Ice-T= Spurs, LL Cool J = Suns

baseline bum
07-10-2008, 09:46 PM
Seriously, I don't know any hip-hop fans who respect LL. How many times can someone say "I'm Bad!"?

Obstructed_View
07-10-2008, 09:47 PM
Shit, the headline made me think this was a free agent pickup. Scared the hell out of me.

lefty
07-10-2008, 09:52 PM
Shit, the headline made me think this was a free agent pickup. Scared the hell out of me.

:lmao

td4mvp21
07-10-2008, 09:59 PM
Well compared to the Lakers and Celtics the Spurs are many steps behind in terms of championships.

brettn
07-10-2008, 10:03 PM
We should've picked him up. You see him in Any Given Sunday? That boy can flat out play. I can only imagine what he could do on the basketball court. Not to mention he seems like an ideal character person that would gel with the other personalities in the locker room.

SRJ
07-10-2008, 10:10 PM
The Lakers are losers in the NBA Finals. The Spurs are undefeated.

Spurs>>>Lakers

callo1
07-10-2008, 10:17 PM
Who is L.L. Cool J. ?

Juanobili
07-10-2008, 10:19 PM

bahahaaha

Spurtacus
07-10-2008, 10:20 PM
I really don't give a shit what he says.

JamStone
07-10-2008, 10:24 PM
Celtics 17 championship. I believe the Lakers have 13 or 14.

The analogy is a good one for what he's trying to say.

Shaolin-Style
07-10-2008, 10:27 PM
He sucks. His music sucks and hes a bitch. I'd kick his ass if I ever saw him in real life.

ShoogarBear
07-10-2008, 10:28 PM
Shit, old as I am, I still know that LL Cool J has never been considered any kind of premier rapper.

knee-knee-3
07-10-2008, 10:36 PM
Spurs sending Scola to Houston = "Milky Cereal"
http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/llcoolj/milkycereal.html

leemajors
07-10-2008, 10:38 PM
Seriously, I don't know any hip-hop fans who respect LL. How many times can someone say "I'm Bad!"?

radio is still pretty much the shit. but he's been in decline since for the most part.

leemajors
07-10-2008, 10:39 PM
Yeah, hes not too popular in trailer parks. I bet you love you some M&M huh? Anyone that knows the history of Rap knows that LL is probably the GOAT of hip hop.

i'll take Rakim over LL anyday. It's not even close. I guess you don't know much about the history of rap.

LakerHater
Celtics 17 championship. I believe the Lakers have 13 or 14.

The analogy is a good one for what he's trying to say.
Lakers = 9 http://board.freeones.com/images/smilies/moon.gif

ShoogarBear
Yeah, hes not too popular in trailer parks. I bet you love you some M&M huh? Anyone that knows the history of Rap knows that LL is probably the GOAT of hip hop.

Holy crap. How did you manage to pack so much stupidity into three sentences? You've just branded yourself for life.

JamStone
07-10-2008, 10:45 PM
Lakers = 9 http://board.freeones.com/images/smilies/moon.gif

"Lakers"

Not "Los Angeles" Lakers. The franchise "Lakers."

14 titles.

NewJerSpur
07-10-2008, 10:45 PM
i'll take Rakim over LL anyday. It's not even close. I guess you don't know much about the history of rap.

:tu Thank You, and the discussion isn't even close. He thinks too much of himself to make such analogies.

timvp
07-10-2008, 10:46 PM
Yeah, hes not too popular in trailer parks. I bet you love you some M&M huh? Anyone that knows the history of Rap knows that LL is probably the GOAT of hip hop.:lol Sig worthy.

703 Spurz
07-10-2008, 10:47 PM
This cocky bitch, steroided self-proclaimed "best rapper of all-time" is comparing his career to an NBA dynasty; go figure..... :flipoff

" It's like trying to compare the Spurs to the Lakers or Celtics; yes, the Spurs are very successful and have a lot of championships. But you can't compare them to the Celtics or to the Lakers. I'm on a whole other level. A lot of this guys (the other rappers) are the Spurs. And it's no disrespect."

I hope Duncan & Co read that shit..........

Even if he was trying to talk shit, the Spurs have still won 4 titles and he wouldn't have had anything to say if they hadn't.

It's a cutdown that isn't really a cutdown. So SA has won only 4 titles. I'll take it

ATXSPUR
07-10-2008, 10:55 PM
How long has it been since he has been relevant. The only reason he gets any respect from anyone is for the simple fact that he has been around a while. He is only a notch above average at best as an MC.

baseline bum
07-10-2008, 10:57 PM
Actually I do. I know that Rakim only had one hit album. LL had numerous hits. My guess is that he has more hits than any other rapper out there. The point that was being made is you cant compare these new school rappers to legends, just like you cant compare these new school winning teams to teams that have been winning for decades. Only an idiot can argue that. I dont listen to too much rap these days, but Im willing to bet that LL and Ice Cube have put out more successful albums than any other rappers out there. LL is the Celtics, and Ice Cube is the Lakers. The Spurs are Master P:lol

Only an idiot would compare LL Cool J to Ice Cube.

ShoogarBear
Only an idiot would compare LL Cool J to Ice Cube.

Q.E.D.

ATXSPUR
Actually I do. I know that Rakim only had one hit album. LL had numerous hits. My guess is that he has more hits than any other rapper out there. The point that was being made is you cant compare these new school rappers to legends, just like you cant compare these new school winning teams to teams that have been winning for decades. Only an idiot can argue that. I dont listen to too much rap these days, but Im willing to bet that LL and Ice Cube have put out more successful albums than any other rappers out there. LL is the Celtics, and Ice Cube is the Lakers. The Spurs are Master P:lol
Hits mean absolutely nothing. If radio hits make you a legend then there are a lot of mediocre rappers out there today that are legends.

And Master P did a lot for the industry. Mainly for the emergence of Southern Hip-Hop.

baseline bum
07-10-2008, 10:58 PM
If you want to compare the Spurs to a rapper, it would be Ras Kass or BDP - i.e., an all-time great who everyone who doesn't know the game sleeps on.

ATXSPUR
07-10-2008, 11:00 PM
If you want to compare the Spurs to a rapper, it would be Ras Kass or BDP - i.e., an all-time great who everyone who doesn't know the game sleeps on.

Rass Kass is good but I prefer K-Rino or Immortal Technique.

NewJerSpur
07-10-2008, 11:02 PM

A few successful singles every few years does not equate to successful albums. There are more albums that flop in that mix than there are ones that are successful.

exstatic
07-10-2008, 11:02 PM
Uh, it's true though. Lakers and Celtics have the most titles out of any other teams in the league. The Celtics, Lakers and Bulls are the godlike franchises of the league and that's just a fact.

We're on the next tier along with the Pistons.

Uh, no. While the part about the Lakers and Celtics is true, other than the 13 year Jordan era, the Bulls have been shit. They barely crack the top 10 all time team win % at .512. Detroit isn't in the top 10. San Antonio is second, LA first, and the Celtics are third. In LoBs, Boston is first, LA second, Chicago third, and SA fourth. There are only two teams with more than one LoB that have never lost a Finals: Chicago at 6-0 and SA at 4-0.

SA has the highest win % in Finals games at 16-6 (.727). Chicago is second at 24-11 (.686).

As a historical franchise, Chicago can't hold a candle to SA. Chicago was good for 13 years and great for 8. SA has been good for 32 years and great for 10. SA has only ever missed the playoffs 5 times. Chicago has missed that many times since Jordan retired. If not for the 13 year Jordan era, Chicago would be NBA historical bottom feeders, probably bottom 10 overall.

NewJerSpur
07-10-2008, 11:04 PM
Ras Kass was the best in his prime....or at least my favorite. Light years ahead of any phase of L.L.

peskypesky
07-10-2008, 11:05 PM
Oh come on. LL is right. The analogy is accurate. The Spurs are not in the same conversation as Celtics and Lakers. And further, not in the same conversation as Jordan's Bulls.

Lakers and Celtics, like LL, have been winning for a LONG time. Spurs have won all their championships in the past decade.

LL is an absolute freak to STILL be in the rap game.

NewJerSpur
07-10-2008, 11:09 PM
I agree, but Rakim only had 1 good album, then he faded off into the weed smoke.

Actually, the comeback album in 1998 ("The 18th Letter") garnered a good amount of critical praise and had some success commercially...he'd have more but he refuses to conform with the garbage out their today unlike some rappers who are just happy to be seen.

peskypesky
07-10-2008, 11:09 PM
Uh, no. While the part about the Lakers and Celtics is true, other than the 13 year Jordan era, the Bulls have been shit. They barely crack the top 10 all time team win % at .512. Detroit isn't in the top 10. San Antonio is second, LA first, and the Celtics are third. In LoBs, Boston is first, LA second, Chicago third, and SA fourth. There are only two teams with more than one LoB that have never lost a Finals: Chicago at 6-0 and SA at 4-0.

SA has the highest win % in Finals games at 16-6 (.727). Chicago is second at 24-11 (.686).

As a historical franchise, Chicago can't hold a candle to SA. Chicago was good for 13 years and great for 8. SA has been good for 32 years and great for 10. SA has only ever missed the playoffs 5 times. Chicago has missed that many times since Jordan retired. If not for the 13 year Jordan era, Chicago would be NBA historical bottom feeders, probably bottom 10 overall.

Sorry dude. You can cherry-pick your stats as much as you want, but those two THREEPEATS by Chicago put them above the Spurs.

NewJerSpur
07-10-2008, 11:11 PM
If you guys are talking about the same Ras Kass from LA, then you should stop the insults to comparing him to LL or BDP.

Ras Kass in his prime was not to be tested...by ANYONE.

peskypesky
07-10-2008, 11:16 PM
LL is the Celtics, and Ice Cube is the Lakers. The Spurs are Master P:lol

Nope. Spurs are Public Enemy.

lefty
07-10-2008, 11:16 PM
80's Celtics = Eminem
2000-2003 Fakers = Shaq

SequSpur
07-10-2008, 11:17 PM
W G A F

kobe_bryant
07-10-2008, 11:19 PM
lakers = biggie smalls
spurs = 2pac

NewJerSpur
07-10-2008, 11:19 PM
Thats a 10 year gap between his first album and his comeback album. The first one is a all-time classic for sure. But the other two that I know of are let downs. I cant hate on Rakim though because his first album is unmatched. LL and BDP held the East coast down for a long time. Most people hate LL because of his attitude, but that doesnt take away from his success.

From a more unbias, rational standpoint, you are right in that you cannot take away from the fiscal success (even if the album sales may have been inflated a bit, and women have purchased his music for the sound of his voice and not the lyrics he has had ghostwritten for him as time as went on), but Rakim basically created the prototype the modern day format of rap...even though he doesn't get the praise he deserves because he is like Tim Duncan in nature.

baseline bum
07-10-2008, 11:20 PM
Wow, that analogy was over your head, and I really dont think you would get it even if I tried to explain it to you. Anyways, LL made a good point, dont ever compare the Spurs to the Lakers.

LL's a dumbass who was only liked by the same idiots who buy Britney Spears and shit like that. He's the Phoenix Suns of hip-hop.

baseline bum
07-10-2008, 11:22 PM
Thats a 10 year gap between his first album and his comeback album. The first one is a all-time classic for sure. But the other two that I know of are let downs. I cant hate on Rakim though because his first album is unmatched. LL and BDP held the East coast down for a long time. Most people hate LL because of his attitude, but that doesnt take away from his success.

Don't Sweat the Technique was a great album. Let the Rhythm Hit 'Em was classic too. People hate LL because his lyrics sucked and then he sold out and started making R&B.

peskypesky
07-10-2008, 11:23 PM
Whatever happened to Tony Parker's rap career? Is he the Bobcats of rap?

And what about Artest?

NewJerSpur
07-10-2008, 11:24 PM
You are speaking from a lyrical standpoint. Most music listeners have never even heard of Ras Kass, but everyone know who LL is. I agree with you about Ras, I thought he would be the one that blew up... not XZIBIT.

Too many things factor into music industry success outside of talent (e.g. label promotion, budget, production, etc.). Exhibit had more of those things in his favor a style of rhyming more easily digestible by the average rap fan. I like X, but he's never been anything close to Ras....just got better breaks.

Marcus Bryant
07-10-2008, 11:24 PM
pink cookies in a plastic bag gettin crushed by buildings

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2007/startracks/070129/llcool_j.jpg

NewJerSpur
07-10-2008, 11:25 PM
Whatever happened to Tony Parker's rap career? Is he the Bobcats of rap?

And what about Artest?

Cedric Ceballos anyone? :lol:lol:lol

baseline bum
07-10-2008, 11:27 PM
That album with How I'm Coming was the most embarrassing piece of shit I've ever heard. The only worse fake-hardcore comeback I've heard was when Hammer dropped the M.C. from his name and started dressing like Dre in his videos.

Marcus Bryant
07-10-2008, 11:36 PM
Im willing to bet you that all those vanilla flavored blacks on the Spurs loved LL... and those pink cookies:lol

Well there goes the funny.

WildcardManu
07-10-2008, 11:48 PM
You are speaking from a lyrical standpoint. Most music listeners have never even heard of Ras Kass, but everyone know who LL is. I agree with you about Ras, I thought he would be the one that blew up... not XZIBIT.

That may be true, but nowadays in the music industry is all about how you present yourself and then the music is secondary. That's why xzibit has a better career than rass.

Obstructed_View
07-11-2008, 12:16 AM
The Lakers are the sugarhill gang.

Brutalis
07-11-2008, 12:41 AM
Why would anyone care what that dude has to say? Horrible musician and actor.

tp2021
07-11-2008, 01:06 AM
W G A F

I actually agree with you.

GSH
07-11-2008, 01:19 AM
The difference is, if you mention the Celtics or Lakers nobody ever says, "Didn't they used to play basketball?" He should be comparing himself to the Minneapolis Lakers.

angelbelow
07-11-2008, 01:32 AM
lol he should just shut up and go back to judging Americas best dance crew.

spursjustice
07-11-2008, 01:44 AM

LOL... likewise

mouse
07-11-2008, 05:09 AM
LL ain't got shit on Blade!

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/blade-pop.jpg

mouse
07-11-2008, 05:24 AM
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/flame-pop.jpg

Big Worm
07-11-2008, 12:06 PM
dat shit is tight pat-na! :tu

leemajors
07-11-2008, 12:54 PM
I agree, but Rakim only had 1 good album, then he faded off into the weed smoke.

paid in full is probably the best album out there, still. the next two were good too. he wasn't just a solo artist, scrub. Eric B. and Rakim.

lefty
07-11-2008, 03:44 PM
How 'bout Snoop Dog?

http://media.fukung.net/images/8535/130b04a953cdc051f26878605e6014f9.gif