baseline bum
07-10-2008, 10:00 PM
* Trade Beno at his all-time lowest value

* Trade Scola to the Rockettes

* Sign Bonner to a multi-year deal

* Draft Splitter, who hoses us over for Tau

* (speculative) Let's Barry walk, but is probably bringing back Finley

Awesome. Fucking awesome.

Don't forget passing on Josh Howard and instead trading Barbosa to Phoenix and signing Rasho.

ducks
07-10-2008, 10:01 PM
yeah howard is so awesome he is on the block

spursnatic
07-10-2008, 10:03 PM
Yes he deserves a raise staight up out of that GM position? 2003 draft could've had Josh Howard gets Barbosa and lets him go for nothing in return. Scola and Jackie Butler go to the Rockets in return Vassilus "sorry ass only play good for my country" Spannolis and lets him go for nothing in return. Tiago Splitter bails n us for more money, lets Barry go instead of trying to offer him more money which he deserves. What the FUCK R.C!! SPURS deseve to get better along with everyone else? It's funny a few years ago the league was trying to make moves to be able to stay up with the Spurs. Now they have all kicked it in to overdrive and are on the move. And R.C sits back and does nothing about it? FUCK YOU R.C.:flag:

canadianspursfan
07-10-2008, 10:13 PM
If Buford made these kind of decisions for any other team he would probably be fired or that team would be shitty. Lucky for RC, Duncan, Parker, Ginobili have kept this guy his job.

honestfool84
07-10-2008, 10:19 PM
im just curious, how do y'all all expect him to know who to keep?

yeah, i know its his job.
but he is only human.

how many of y'all would have picked parker and ginobili, back when there weren't as many international players in the NBA as there is now?

all im saying is, y'all praise him when the spurs win, but when they lose, y'all are quick to ride his ass.

SequSpur
07-10-2008, 10:19 PM
:lmao

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-10-2008, 10:23 PM
Don't forget passing on Josh Howard and instead trading Barbosa to Phoenix and signing Rasho.

Yeah, I figured people would add on. I didn't mean for my list to be exhaustive :lol

Dex
07-10-2008, 10:26 PM

but he is only human.

Anybody who watched the Spurs last season could see the Barry clearly outplayed Finley when he wasn't down with the calf. I can't remember a season yet where Finley hasn't lost and found his shot three times through.

If you're spending the same money to fill the same position, I just don't see the logic of Finley > Barry. Neither one is a spring chicken, but at least Barry doesn't drag down the offense.

I'm gonna be as pissed as anybody if Finley pulls the same shit this season, and Barry ends up being a spark for the Rockettes.

BOHOLANO#21
07-10-2008, 10:26 PM

but he is only human.

how many of y'all would have picked parker and ginobili, back when there weren't as many international players in the NBA as there is now?

all im saying is, y'all praise him when the spurs win, but when they lose, y'all are quick to ride his ass.
the bad thing about it is RC has been riding on the success of TP and MANU. he hasn't done jack to improve the old as dirt squad.:sleep

honestfool84
07-10-2008, 10:27 PM

you laugh, asshole, but i would be willing to bet you wouldn't know what to do if the team's reigns were handed to you.

y'all are so quick to forget that buford, year after year, surrounds the Big Three with QUALITY ROLE PLAYERS THAT always has the spurs in the running for the ring.

spurs fans really are spoiled.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-10-2008, 10:32 PM
you laugh, asshole, but i would be willing to bet you wouldn't know what to do if the team's reigns were handed to you.

y'all are so quick to forget that buford, year after year, surrounds the Big Three with QUALITY ROLE PLAYERS THAT always has the spurs in the running for the ring.

You're so quick to forget that RC is getting paid a couple of million a year to do his damn job, which he appears to be doing rather poorly over the last couple of years.

Oh yeah, I forgot, add another one - fucking up Nocioni's birthday and thinking he wasn't eligible to be drafted. :pctoss

itzsoweezee
07-10-2008, 10:34 PM
if they re-sign finley after all this, i'm going to beat the shit out of someone.

this team will be lucky to get a six seed. fuck this shit.

it's pretty obvious now that the brains behind the smart front office moves is now in oklahoma city.

SequSpur
07-10-2008, 10:36 PM

CDR. You wait and see...

itzsoweezee
07-10-2008, 10:38 PM

CDR. You wait and see...

it was a no-brainer and they even fucked that up.

2centsworth
07-10-2008, 10:41 PM
It all falls on George Hill and Mahimi. IF those two pan out, and then RC will get a raise. If they don't pan out, RC will be goners.

ducks
07-10-2008, 10:41 PM
who is the worse attention whore Aggie Hoopsfan or sequa?

SequSpur
07-10-2008, 10:42 PM
It all falls on George Hill and Mahimi. IF those two pan out, and then RC will get a raise. If they don't pan out, RC will be goners.

Exactly, but I am willing to bet that Hill is decent and Mahinmi is a waste of fucking time.....

Marcus Bryant
07-10-2008, 10:43 PM

Thanks to Pop putting him in the doghouse. Lest we forget who drafted Beno.

Since Holt didn't want to pay the lux tax.

So what? Spurs fans bitch a bit too much about that insignificant deal.

A gamble using a low 1st round pick on a player with lottery level talent. Oh no.

So what? Spurs fans hang on the nuts of older players far longer than Pop does.

Nah, actually your complaints are pretty fucking stupid.

Aggie Hoopsfan

I'm amazed you didn't turn this into a Manu bashing thread.

So you think R.C. is doing a good job?

Question.

SequSpur

how do you make it through the day?

ducks
07-10-2008, 10:44 PM
I'm amazed you didn't turn this into a Manu bashing thread.

So you think R.C. is doing a good job?

Question.

manu not being healthy cost the spurs the title not rc

SequSpur
07-10-2008, 10:44 PM
Brent Barry is cool, but as I said before, dude wasn't getting minutes, so let him go...shit..

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-10-2008, 10:45 PM

If we didn't sign Bonner to that deal, then Holt wouldn't have had to worry about the lux tax and we could have signed Scola.

Good to see your back to being your condescending self as usual...

2centsworth
07-10-2008, 10:46 PM
Thanks to Pop putting him in the doghouse. Lest we forget who drafted Beno.

A gamble using a low 1st round pick on a player with lottery level talent. Oh no.

So what? Spurs fans hang on the nuts of older players far longer than Pop does.

Nah, actually your complaints are pretty fucking stupid.

you're a good publicist. nevertheless, if george hill and mahimi are flops, will you think the same? What will be the excuse then?

SequSpur
07-10-2008, 10:47 PM
If we didn't sign Bonner to that deal, then Holt wouldn't have had to worry about the lux tax and we could have signed Scola.

damn... that's a good one... i've been saying this all along.

Aggie Hoopsfan

Manu not being healthy cost them a chance to be in the Finals.

And us having a SG rotation of 36 year old Brent Barry, 35 year old Michael Finley, and Manu (whom can only play limited minutes) is what hosed us when Manu went down.

Whose job is it to give us some serviceable depth?

2centsworth

how does a player, who in your words sucks, cost the spurs a title?

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-10-2008, 10:48 PM

Parker could go 2-100 with 400 turnovers to play the Spurs out of a playoff series and ducks would still blame it on Manu.

ducks
07-10-2008, 10:49 PM
what other front office is doing a better job
gasol was handed to the lakers last year
boston did a good offseason last year
after 15 years old terrible ball
lakers were not great tell they got gasol

hornets put together a team
but it is not proven they can stay healthy

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-10-2008, 10:50 PM
what other front office is doing a better job
gasol was handed to the lakers last year
boston did a good offseason last year
after 15 years old terrible ball
lakers were not great tell they got gasol

hornets put together a team
but it is not proven they can stay healthy

So now you've gone to the 'other teams have sucky front offices so it's okay if ours sucks too' argument.

Awesome.

ducks

the big three needed to score 70 again
manu 7 did not get it done

never said he sucked
he just sucks playing more then 30 minutes a game
but gets paid like he plays 40 minutes a game

Marcus Bryant

Incorrect. The Spurs couldn't deal Bonner's rights to move Butler's contract and avoid the lux tax. Further, had they indeed let Bonner walk and signed Scola, then they would have faced the very lux tax liability they sought to eliminate with the actual trade.

Don't be stupid.

ducks
07-10-2008, 10:52 PM
So now you've gone to the 'other teams have sucky front offices so it's okay if ours sucks too' argument.

Awesome.

trying to find out if nba front office is doing a good job to you
or the internet gm (you ) that has 20-20 vision after the fact is always better then any one getting paid to scout the talent and pick the players they think will work for spurs

2centsworth
07-10-2008, 10:54 PM
Incorrect. The Spurs couldn't deal Bonner's rights to move Butler's contract and avoid the lux tax. Further, had they indeed let Bonner walk and signed Scola, then they would have faced the very lux tax liability they sought to eliminate with the actual trade.

please explain how bonner and scola's contracts are the same? Are you saying they were only concerned with getting rid of the remaining year on Butler's deal? Couldn't that contract have been mitigated with no signing verious scrubs? Also, why the hell did RC sign Butler in the first place? Does he not bear responsibility for that dumbass move?

Marcus Bryant
07-10-2008, 10:54 PM
you're a good publicist. nevertheless, if george hill and mahimi are flops, will you think the same? What will be the excuse then?

Ifs and buts. What's the excuse for you whining about dumb shit on here?

ducks
07-10-2008, 10:55 PM
Manu not being healthy cost them a chance to be in the Finals.

And us having a SG rotation of 36 year old Brent Barry, 35 year old Michael Finley, and Manu (whom can only play limited minutes) is what hosed us when Manu went down.

Whose job is it to give us some serviceable depth?

the year before they won a title
did you think they were to old then
QUESTION

2centsworth
07-10-2008, 10:56 PM
or the internet gm (you ) that has 20-20 vision after the fact is always better then any one getting paid to scout the talent and pick the players they think will work for spurs

hindsight is how we know if anyone has done a good job dumb dumb.

2centsworth
07-10-2008, 10:56 PM
Ifs and buts. What's the excuse for you whining about dumb shit on here?

:lmao don't be a punk.

2centsworth
07-10-2008, 10:57 PM
the big three needed to score 70 again
manu 7 did not get it done

never said he sucked
he just sucks playing more then 30 minutes a game
but gets paid like he plays 40 minutes a game

i thought players got paid by peformance and not by minutes played?

Marcus Bryant
07-10-2008, 10:58 PM
please explain how bonner and scola's contracts are the same? Are you saying they were only concerned with getting rid of the remaining year on Butler's deal? Couldn't that contract have been mitigated with no signing verious scrubs? Also, why the hell did RC sign Butler in the first place? Does he not bear responsibility for that dumbass move?

Am I saying that RC has to please a finicky coach and an owner who's unwilling to pay the luxury tax? Yes.

Marcus Bryant
07-10-2008, 10:58 PM
don't be a punk.

Don't be stupid.

2centsworth
07-10-2008, 11:00 PM
Don't be stupid.

internet toughguy :lol. don't want to answer questions then fine, but you're acting like a puss tonight.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-10-2008, 11:00 PM

Hey genius, go back 2-3 summers ago, we were talking about the need to get younger on the perimeter then too. It's been the same shit three years running now, and all we got was RC and Pop saying that we won a title last year and there was no need to revamp the team.

Stupid.

2centsworth
07-10-2008, 11:01 PM
Am I saying that RC has to please a finicky coach and an owner who's unwilling to pay the luxury tax? Yes. OK, if that's the case why do we have garbage like Butler pushing that threshold?

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-10-2008, 11:02 PM
the year before they won a title
did you think they were to old then
QUESTION

Great, so we've had a couple of years pass, the old guys get a couple of years older, and they got exposed on the perimeter this past season.

So basically the same shit we've been saying was going to happen for three years now has happened twice in three years. How many years are we supposed to wait on the front office to get a clue?

If we dump Finley I will give him a little bit of a break, but I have a bad feeling that waste of space will be back.

ducks
I guess spurs front office knew more then you knew when they won it all with the old guys huh

Marcus Bryant
internet toughguy :lol. don't want to answer questions then fine, but you're acting like a puss tonight.

And you're acting stupid tonight, internet 20/20 hindsight GM.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-10-2008, 11:03 PM
I guess spurs front office knew more then you knew when they won it all with the old guys huh

I guess you think they can count on scrub teams like Golden State to upset the teams built to beat them like Dallas every year huh.

Marcus Bryant
07-10-2008, 11:03 PM
OK, if that's the case why do we have garbage like Butler pushing that threshold?

Because they dealt Nesterovic (a Pop fave) and had to find a replacement using the MLE back in '06.

2centsworth
07-10-2008, 11:04 PM
Because they dealt Nesterovic (a Pop fave) and had to find a replacement using the MLE back in '06.

ok, so a good GM signs butler and elson?

Marcus Bryant
07-10-2008, 11:05 PM
ok, so a good GM signs butler and elson?

A good GM doesn't give Nazr Mohammed a long term contract.

2centsworth
07-10-2008, 11:09 PM
A good GM doesn't give Nazr Mohammed a long term contract.

correct, but a good GM goes with Udonis Haslem as a stop gap.

ElNono
07-10-2008, 11:11 PM
Spurs didn't want Scola, period. Pop wasn't upset that we screwed up with him, he was upset that we handed him over to a division rival. In hindsight, we screwed up. But if you look back, the Lakers didn't have Gasol, the Suns didn't have Shaq, and nobody knew how good NO would turn out to be. We also just won a championship, and other than the Suns series, we went through the West relatively easily. And FWIW, we could have signed Scola. This team has been over the lux cap, even if slightly, before. And we could have packaged Bonner and Udrih mid-season in a firesale (or even Scola if he wasn't working for us), and get back under the cap.

SequSpur
07-10-2008, 11:16 PM
The Spurs traded Scola cuz they thought he wasn't going to sign. So they got something in return from Houston, but they got hosed cuz the next day Scola signed with Houston and came over here to play.

The Spurs clearly fucked this up. Clearly.

nil.ball
07-10-2008, 11:19 PM
Rockets owner Les Alexander would like to tip in few million bucks. Thanks RC, well done. Enjoy the vacation house we bought you last summer? Oh, don't mention it. Love ya.

Marcus Bryant
07-10-2008, 11:20 PM
The Spurs traded Scola cuz they thought he wasn't going to sign. So they got something in return from Houston, but they got hosed cuz the next day Scola signed with Houston and came over here to play.

They knew Scola was going to sign.

Marcus Bryant
07-10-2008, 11:20 PM
Rockets owner Les Alexander would like to tip in few million bucks. Thanks RC, well done. Enjoy the vacation house we bought you last summer? Oh, don't mention it. Love ya.

Les would probably like to make it out of the first round one time this century.

ElNono
07-10-2008, 11:27 PM

No way. Scola was ready to sign not just last year but even 2 seasons ago. The Spurs just didn't want him. I don't know if it was a money issue, a personal issue, or just bad talent assesment.

wisnub
07-10-2008, 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by Aggie Hoopsfan View Post

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, everyone keep praising him for his secret move and silence...but more and more each day his popularity declined. I was wondering if Presti could do a better job...or maybe we should hire Bush instead? We might as well sending the whole team to try out in Iraq this time

Tully365
07-10-2008, 11:37 PM

Awesome.

Every off season, our FO is competing against 29 other FOs. So when we target one guy and don't get him, it's extreme to use that as "proof" that our FO sucks. The plan for this year was to let a bunch of old-guy contracts expire, and to bring in youth and athleticism to replace them. It was a good plan. Had the unlikely Splitter change-of-heart not occurred, we'd be entering next year with Hill/Mason/Splitter and maybe Hairston/Gist-- that would've been an A+ off season... IMHO, Splitter was a great draft pick and losing him the way we did is no more the FOs fault than it would've been if he was hit by a car or struck by lightning. It was bad luck, not bad management...

spurman20
07-10-2008, 11:40 PM
No way. Scola was ready to sign not just last year but even 2 seasons ago. The Spurs just didn't want him. I don't know if it was a money issue, a personal issue, or just bad talent assesment.

He wanted to much money.....was asking for a long term deal with 5 mil as a starting point...thats a bit high to me....when yao is back his numbers will go down big time.....I think his game would have not been a great complement to duncan.......Spurs like to play high low with thier bigs and scola cant shoot from outside 10ft

Marcus Bryant
07-10-2008, 11:42 PM
Every off season, our FO is competing against 29 other FOs. So when we target one guy and don't get him, it's extreme to use that as "proof" that our FO sucks. The plan for this year was to let a bunch of old-guy contracts expire, and to bring in youth and athleticism to replace them. It was a good plan. Had the unlikely Splitter change-of-heart not occurred, we'd be entering next year with Hill/Mason/Splitter and maybe Hairston/Gist-- that would've been an A+ off season... IMHO, Splitter was a great draft pick and losing him the way we did is no more the FOs fault than it would've been if he was hit by a car or struck by lightning. It was bad luck, not bad management...

Somehow in a free agent market in which DeSagana Diop and Mickael Pietrus receive full MLE contracts (yes, 5 years, $33 mil or so), the Spurs are supposed to bring in a star with their MLE.

And they tried this summer. But, of course, things had to fall just right in free agency for the Spurs to even have a real shot at Maggette.

Fans want the team to get younger, but the moment the team starts signing younger players and jettisoning the older role players then Spurs fans piss their pants.

Tully365
07-10-2008, 11:43 PM
It's too easy to criticize in hindsight. In hindsight, Houston shouldn't have picked Ralph Sampson, because he had an injury shortened career. Boston shouldn't have picked Len Bias. Orlando shouldn't have tried to pair a young T-Mac with Grant Hill, a great star in his prime... all of those moves were great moves that just didn't have luck on their side.

wildbill2u
07-10-2008, 11:45 PM
Yeah, I figured people would add on. I didn't mean for my list to be exhaustive :lol

Everybody is wrong. These trades, marginal player acquisitions or draft strategies are only symptoms and markers of the real reason he will get a raise. Under his direction the Spurs have been under the Luxury Tax limit.

The Spurs just got a windfall of almost $4,000,000 from the teams that were over the luxury tax limit and Buford will probably get a bonus out of that.

If you made your employer almost $4,000,000 in excess profits, while keeping the team competitive into the playoffs, wouldn't you deserve a raise as well.

Solid D
07-10-2008, 11:46 PM
As long as we're piling on...

* Personally watched Marcus Williams practice in Arizona more than once and hand-picked him in the 2007 NBA draft. How's that workin' out?

:smokin

Tully365
07-10-2008, 11:46 PM
Somehow in a free agent market in which DeSagana Diop and Mickael Pietrus receive full MLE contracts (yes, 5 years, $33 mil or so), the Spurs are supposed to bring in a star with their MLE.

And they tried this summer. But, of course, things had to fall just right in free agency for the Spurs to even have a real shot at Maggette.

Fans want the team to get younger, but the moment the team starts signing younger players and jettisoning the older role players then Spurs fans piss their pants.

Exactly! If the Spurs got Samuel Dalembert this summer, some fans would complain that he's no Dwight Howard.

DANILO DRASKOVIC
07-10-2008, 11:54 PM
I dont know if you can blame RC for Splitter
Splitter might have pulled a Fran Vasquez and lied is saying he was going to leave and latter backed out
We dont know all the details

we can do without barry, arent we too old?

Tully365
07-11-2008, 12:06 AM
What about the good stuff:

1. Duncan has said many times that he seriously considered signing with Orlando in 2000. It was closer to his home, the beach community was similar to his environment growing up, Grant Hill was a great superstar entering his prime. The Spurs convinced him to stay, and the rest is history.

2. Drafting Tony and Manu with low draft picks. name another backcourt with two all-stars chosen late first round and late second round....

3. Getting the completely unheralded Bruce Bowen to sign for practically nothing, and using him wisely as he becomes one of the top 3 perimeter defenders in the entire league.

Finding ways to make mediocre centers work within the system to help the Spurs win championships. Rasho played beside Garnett and didn't win a title, but when he played with Duncan, he did. Same for Nazr, Elson, Oberto...

Signing Brent Barry, one of the most efficient and accurate shooters in the NBA.

I'll stop there. You get what I'm saying.

All brilliant moves.

Marcus Bryant
07-11-2008, 12:11 AM
2. Drafting Tony and Manu with low draft picks. name another backcourt with two all-stars chosen late first round and late second round....

That was key. But, of course, the 4 titles were simply due to drafting Duncan. Forget about actually filling out the rest of the roster and persuading him to re-sign and extend 3 times.

T Park
07-11-2008, 12:16 AM
That was key. But, of course, the 4 titles were simply due to drafting Duncan. Forget about actually filling out the rest of the roster and persuading him to re-sign and extend 3 times.

Total luck I'm sure.

honestfool84
07-11-2008, 12:46 AM
you fans complaining really are spoiled.

y'all praise the FO when we win, but when we bow out early, y'all are quick to look for a person to blame.

CHILL OUT.

how many other teams in the league can say that they have, NOT ONE, but FOUR FREAKING NBA CHAMPIONSHIPS?? and that is that all but the '99 ring had buford at the helm of the FO.

Brutalis
07-11-2008, 12:48 AM
The thought of RC putting together a team after TD is gone, scares me to death. We will be a .500 ball team for years.

Vito Corleone
07-11-2008, 01:16 AM
Some of the people RC is responsible for finding

Sarunas Marciulionis
Mitch Richmond
Tim Hardaway
Latrell Spreewell
Marc Jackson

Thats what he did before he came to San Antonio

Marcus Bryant
07-11-2008, 01:19 AM
Some of the people RC is responsible for finding

Sarunas Marciulionis
Mitch Richmond
Tim Hardaway
Latrell Spreewell
Marc Jackson

Thats what he did before he came to San Antonio

I believe you have him confused with a former GS exec who joined the Spurs later on (forgot his name).

timvp
07-11-2008, 01:26 AM
I believe you have him confused with a former GS exec who joined the Spurs later on (forgot his name).
Sam Schuler.

Marcus Bryant
07-11-2008, 01:26 AM
Yeah, that's him.

angelbelow
07-11-2008, 01:31 AM
and the panic continues.

sprrs
07-11-2008, 02:23 AM
I can defend the sub-par free agencies. There wasn't much talent available that actually wanted to sign with the Spurs for what Holt would allow to spend. But what about the scouting? Manu and Tony are his only notable accomplishments to date. Splitter could arguably add to that if he ever comes over, but who else did he draft that had any value for us?

homer
07-11-2008, 02:31 AM

Are you seriously trying to say that Buford made all those decisions on his own? That would be a good reason for him to be fired, not consulting Pop or Holt or anyone else. Or, are you trying to add to the already thousands of Aggie jokes about their( Aggies) intelligence. I can almost guarantee you that Pop has more to do with any of the front office decisions than R.C. does. Buford just basically carries out the the concencus opinion. Should Pop be fired? :nope
We'd all agree that there have been, what turned out to be bad moves and good moves. You want to blame them all on Buford. That's just not right.
These guys that make those decisions, thought they were making the right ones at that particular time and under those particular circumstances.

DPG21920
07-11-2008, 02:43 AM
I hate how people on here act like the Spurs F.O. has never made a mistake. They have and it is o.k.. They have still done a fantastic job, but it is o.k. to criticize the bad moves, that is what keeps people honest. No one is perfect and hind sight is 20-20, but people always jump on others for criticizing the F.O., they do make mistakes.

rascal
07-11-2008, 04:30 AM

Keep being in denial that the Lakers were the better team.

rascal
07-11-2008, 04:37 AM

1. Duncan has said many times that he seriously considered signing with Orlando in 2000. It was closer to his home, the beach community was similar to his environment growing up, Grant Hill was a great superstar entering his prime. The Spurs convinced him to stay, and the rest is history.

3. Getting the completely unheralded Bruce Bowen to sign for practically nothing, and using him wisely as he becomes one of the top 3 perimeter defenders in the entire league.

Finding ways to make mediocre centers work within the system to help the Spurs win championships. Rasho played beside Garnett and didn't win a title, but when he played with Duncan, he did. Same for Nazr, Elson, Oberto...

Signing Brent Barry, one of the most efficient and accurate shooters in the NBA.

I'll stop there. You get what I'm saying.

All brilliant moves. Thats a really short list if you list all the bad moves they have made. Or even worse non moves or lack of moves.

kobyz
07-11-2008, 04:48 AM
the truth is that since 2001 R.C. Buford made a lot of bad moves

rascal
07-11-2008, 05:13 AM
How about not getting Sprewell when they had a chance. I believe they would have won more titles with Duncan Robinson and Sprewell in the early 2000s. They should have gotten Spree. NY got Spree at low cost value. Its the non ballsy safe non moves that this fo always decides on.

Tree hugger
07-11-2008, 05:47 AM
Are you seriously trying to say that Buford made all those decisions on his own? That would be a good reason for him to be fired, not consulting Pop or Holt or anyone else. Or, are you trying to add to the already thousands of Aggie jokes about their( Aggies) intelligence. I can almost guarantee you that Pop has more to do with any of the front office decisions than R.C. does. Buford just basically carries out the the concencus opinion. Should Pop be fired? :nope
We'd all agree that there have been, what turned out to be bad moves and good moves. You want to blame them all on Buford. That's just not right.
These guys that make those decisions, thought they were making the right ones at that particular time and under those particular circumstances.

And I actually thought I was the only tree hugger in here.
:rolleyes

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-11-2008, 08:04 AM
He's been GM since 2001. He's made shrewd decisions that have led to 3 rings. He's also got a bunch of things wrong, AS HAS EVERY OTHER GM IN THE NBA. It's a very hit-and-miss job, let's face it.

This is very much the benefit of hindsight - we all wanted Beno gone at the time he was traded, no-one could've seen the $ plunge coming (the reason Splitter stayed in Europe), at the time the Bonner contract made sense (it's only since he busted in his second season here that we regret that one), plus your speculation. I'll concede that none of us will ever understand the Scola decision on basketball terms, but it wasn't a basketball decision - that one came from the ownership who didn't want to pay lux tax.

Give the man a break!

waly.mg
07-11-2008, 08:15 AM
Don't forget ..............signing Rasho.

Do you want somebody who must to kill RC?

waly.mg
07-11-2008, 08:20 AM

the truth is that since 2001 R.C. Buford made a lot of bad moves

Wait, Manu signed with the Spurs in 2002, the truth is since manu´s sign, or the 2002

The real fact is: We have the Best PF of the History, with TD, we won with D-Rob and Without him, with Manu and Tony and Without both.

Then, the Spurs won 4 Rings tanks to Tim Duncan, not thanks to RC or Pop

rascal
07-11-2008, 08:38 AM
He's been GM since 2001. He's made shrewd decisions that have led to 3 rings. He's also got a bunch of things wrong, AS HAS EVERY OTHER GM IN THE NBA. It's a very hit-and-miss job, let's face it.

This is very much the benefit of hindsight - we all wanted Beno gone at the time he was traded, no-one could've seen the $ plunge coming (the reason Splitter stayed in Europe), at the time the Bonner contract made sense (it's only since he busted in his second season here that we regret that one), plus your speculation. I'll concede that none of us will ever understand the Scola decision on basketball terms, but it wasn't a basketball decision - that one came from the ownership who didn't want to pay lux tax.

Give the man a break!

The Bonner contract never made sense to me. Getting Bonner in the first place never made any sense to me.

mrspurs
07-11-2008, 08:47 AM
If Buford made these kind of decisions for any other team he would probably be fired or that team would be shitty. Lucky for RC, Duncan, Parker, Ginobili have kept this guy his job.

agreed, and with some luck in the draft might i add....rc would have been fired already somewhere else....

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-11-2008, 09:27 AM

No I don't think he made them on his own.

But any time you call out Holt, and in particular Pop, as being in any way liable for some of our decisions around here, you get bashed down by the resident Pop lovers.

IMO Pop and Holt deserve just as much blame for our off-season failures as R.C., they just for whatever reason seem to be bullet proof around here (Pop moreso than Holt).

SequSpur
07-11-2008, 09:31 AM
The Bonner contract never made sense to me. Getting Bonner in the first place never made any sense to me.

I understand getting a player... but when said player fucking sucks, why do you give him a better longer deal?

Shit...it's like teams are afraid to cut loose a box of shit.

Oh, Gee!!
07-11-2008, 09:43 AM
why would we give him a raise? R.C.'s done a horrible job the past two offseasons. stupid idea, OP.

picnroll
07-11-2008, 09:48 AM
* Trade Beno at his all-time lowest value .
Not sure you can lay that on Buford. Actually Beno's gotten full MLE which is pretty damn good for a 28 pick. Issue is more player development and that is probably more on Beno than anyone else.

That was probably a combination of Pop saying "Get Butler's ass out of here" which he reportedly said and Holt saying get that paycheck out of here. Weren't many options. Again drafting Scola to begin with showed good talent evaluation.

Wonder how much Pop had to do with wanting Bonner. He is a minor bust for the salary but show me a team that's biggest bust is smaller than Bonner.

Unless Buford is missing his calling as a hedge fund manager he wouldn't know the Euro was going to go bananas and oil through the roof so that the Russian mafia could give away money to players.

If they are sinking thatg much in Mason keeping Barry is redundant and there are bigger needs. If the money nets Najera or scares teams away from making a Thomas offer because they know Spurs are comfortably under the luxury tax ceiling thern it's not a bad deal. There are bigger needs than Barry with the money Spurs have left to spend.

Given draft position Spurs have done pretty well with Splitter, Beno, Mahinmi, Scola, Sanikidze, Williams as their choices over the past few years. Given draft position/talent they are in the top eschelon.

This year will be interesitng. Interview with Mason he said Pop didn't see him work out so let's lay that pick squarely on RC's shoulders. let's see how Hill, Mason, Gist pan out compared to the ST favorites like Chalmers, Douglas-Roberts, Walker.

ducks
07-11-2008, 09:52 AM
chalmers and hill worked out together in sa
so hill outplyaed chalmers

picnroll
07-11-2008, 10:08 AM
chalmers and hill worked out together in sa
so hill outplyaed chalmers

I know. I posed this question at 1:00 PM yesterday and it was answered in the video interview by Hill himself posted later that day. To me that was key because as I re-call there were comments to the effect that it wasn't even close the disparity of how well Hill did against the guys he was working out against. If he was containing Chalmers and Taylor on defense and doing well against Chalmers when he was on offense he's going to be making some pundits here look pretty silly.

oligarchy
07-11-2008, 10:13 AM
I know. I posed this question at 1:00 PM yesterday and it was answered in the video interview by Hill himself posted later that day. To me that was key because as I re-call there were comments to the effect that it wasn't even close the disparity of how well Hill did against the guys he was working out against. If he was containing Chalmers and Taylor on defense and doing well against Chalmers when he was on offense he's going to be making some pundits here look pretty silly.

That's what you would hope, but some players simply don't do workouts very well. I really hope it's the case that he was just a better player. :hat

picnroll
07-11-2008, 10:17 AM
That's what you would hope, but some players simply don't do workouts very well. I really hope it's the case that he was just a better player. :hat

True but Chalmers is a good one on one defender. If Chalmers was having trouble handling Hill :hat.

tmtcsc
07-11-2008, 10:29 AM
As long as we add quality support players to our big 3, we will contend for titles. This year we are going to add:

George Hill
Roger Mason Jr.
Ian Mahinmi
(1 more ?)

If these 4 guys and the rest of our bench can give us solid Defense and about 30 points collectively, we will be fine. Udoka and Thomas will be better after having some time in our system.

As for RC as a GM, I'm ok with what he's done. Every year he is stuck picking late in the draft and is expected to do wonders. Sure, he's missed a few good players in the draft and there are some really questionable moves (Scola, Barry) but Manu and Tony certainly trump the bad stuff.

He was able to trade Brent for Kurt Thomas AND get Brent back for a playoff push. Hell, he was able to get Brent to sign with us in the first place.

All the people he gets slammed for getting have rings and the ones he didn't dont.

Josh Howard: No Rings
Barbosa: No Rings
Scola: No Rings

Rasho, Finley, Elson, Butler, Udrih, Barry : All of them have Rings.

Horry was a great pick up too. Why no credit for that ? Lakers fans wanted him gone after 2003 just like Spurs fans want him gone now.

The only bigger name exceptions are Hedo, Terry Porter, Derek Anderson, Stoudamire and Nick Van Exel. Nick the Sick is Pop's fault for continuing to play him when he obviously sucked out loud.

No one in this forum has put as much time into scouting and evaluating potential players as our FO has. Geesh, give the guy a break. We win f'ing titles here every other year it seems.

I'll remember this year as the year we lost against a shitty Lakers team and got by a really talented Hornets team. I expected us to blow out the Suns and even though we won the series 4-1, the games were pretty close. The Suns sucked and I thought we would blow them out. When we didn't and Manu was limping around, I thought the Hornets really had us in a bad spot. It's remarkable that we beat them on their floor in a game 7.

Manu's injury was too much to overcome against the Lakers. And fuck all the talk about Bynum. If Manu's healthy, Bynum is a non-factor and is probably fouling out of games.
Gasol is a pussy and I have no concern with us facing the Lakers next year.

Our biggest headache will come from the Hornets, Jazz and MAYBE the Rockets. The Rockets are big flirts who crap out in the 1st round and can't keep healthy. Maybe they should limit McGrady and Yao's minutes :rolleyes.

tp2021
07-11-2008, 10:33 AM
why would we give him a raise? R.C.'s done a horrible job the past two offseasons. stupid idea, OP.

are you understanding?

angelbelow
07-11-2008, 11:39 AM
I understand getting a player... but when said player fucking sucks, why do you give him a better longer deal?

Shit...it's like teams are afraid to cut loose a box of shit.

how can you expect every player on our roster to be superstars or super role players? how can you expect everyone that we sign will be superstars or super role players? how can you expect us to be perfect in an imperfect world?

3 million a year REALLY isnt that big of a deal. if every fucking spurs move was a home run that lead to a guaranteed championship every year, no one would be watching.

Marcus Bryant
07-11-2008, 11:58 AM
Thats a really short list if you list all the bad moves they have made. Or even worse non moves or lack of moves.

:lol Spurs fans are fucking stupid.

ducks
07-11-2008, 12:04 PM
rascal wants vc on the spurs

Tully365
07-11-2008, 12:36 PM
Thats a really short list if you list all the bad moves they have made. Or even worse non moves or lack of moves.

The problem is you criticize certain moves simply based on what you think about the player, rather than on the unchangeable circumstances. For example, right now the maximum the Spurs can offer any free agent is about 2 mil/year. So I'm sure if they sign a serviceable player in the next week, you will immediately say, "that guy sucks." And naturally, at that price, they aren't going to get an all-star, but if he's worth 2mil/yr or has the potential to be a 3mil/year player then it's a good move. I think you confuse "good move" with "exciting sexy glamorous move." You're like a kid whose parents won't buy him an airplane and a baby elephant for his 10th birthday that concludes, "I have terrible parents."

The FO of the Spurs exists in reality, not in the realm of sports fantasy, where people come up with trades like "Bonner, Oberto, 1st rd pick + cash for Dwight Howard". There's a huge difference between wanting Maggette and getting Maggette. It's like wanting to date Jessica Alba or Uma Thurman. There's a lot of competition and lots of extenuating circumstances. I don't think you take that into account.

baseline bum
07-11-2008, 12:46 PM
How about not getting Sprewell when they had a chance. I believe they would have won more titles with Duncan Robinson and Sprewell in the early 2000s. They should have gotten Spree. NY got Spree at low cost value. Its the non ballsy safe non moves that this fo always decides on.

Our '98 deal for Spree fell apart when he choked the coach. Of course the Spurs couldn't make that same Perdue/Elliott for Spree deal when Sprewell was reinstated in 99 due to Sean's health. The Spurs knew there was no way he'd pass a physical with that failing kidney.

ducks
07-11-2008, 12:47 PM
like jamstone posted spurs have 3 stars
trying to add a 4 star almost is impossible
players have egos and want to contribute
that is why spurs get role players instead

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-11-2008, 01:17 PM

You suck at reading comprehension.

beachwood
07-11-2008, 02:31 PM

It hurt to read those lines. How? Why? Surely you jest.

Sadly I know it all really did happen.

spurster
07-11-2008, 03:01 PM
I think I found where the whiners are in our "nation of whiners".

T Park
07-11-2008, 03:05 PM
I'd love to know who should replace them right now.

All i see is bitching and no answers. As per spurstalk usual.

TheMadHatter
07-11-2008, 03:20 PM
The Spurs are doing all they can with the limited flexibility they have.

The real problem was letting Scola go for nothing and not being able to bring Splitter over. Also, it appears Udrih has really blossomed as a PG.....he would have been a better option at backup PG than Jacque Vaughan. Those three players would have kept the Spurs at the top of the heap. Now, there really isn't much they can do other than sign some decent role players with the MLE and get some late 1st rounders in the draft and pray they pan out.

It's incredibly impossible to keep a championship core going for much longer than 3-4 years. The Spurs have pretty much stayed in contention for a decade now, that's an incredible feat. The ride must come to an end at some point though, and I think next season we will begin to see that.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-11-2008, 03:29 PM
I'd love to know who should replace them right now.

All i see is bitching and no answers. As per spurstalk usual.

I'd take either Presti or Pritchard over Buford.

All I see is you defending the front office like one of them is your daddy. As per Tpark usual.

ducks
07-11-2008, 03:37 PM
I see you throwing the front office under the bus as usually Aggie Hoopsfan

picnroll
07-11-2008, 03:38 PM
I'd take Paul Allen, his $40 billion or so and his willingness to shell out money for picks and ultimately likely to sign and retain players regardles of the luxury tax over Holt.

ducks
07-11-2008, 03:54 PM
I'd take Paul Allen, his $40 billion or so and his willingness to shell out money for picks and ultimately likely to sign and retain players regardles of the luxury tax over Holt.

when did they win a title:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lm ao:lmao:lmao

picnroll
07-11-2008, 03:56 PM
when did they win a title:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lm ao:lmao:lmao
When they got Tim Duncan in the draft. :sleep

spurman20
07-11-2008, 03:59 PM
Buford has been Ok with what holt has given him to work with....These other guys for the Spurs Fo office have owners willing to shell out big time to make a better team.....Holt will not.....and never will.......so that ties his hands a bit......but I would have liked to see us get more athletic.....thats an area we are lacking and something the FO seems to think is unimportant

kobyz
07-11-2008, 04:01 PM
Fuck Holt!! he so miser

ducks
07-11-2008, 04:04 PM
When they got Tim Duncan in the draft. :sleep

phil jackson also has never won anything withou t an mvp canidate either:downspin:

DPG21920
07-11-2008, 04:07 PM
All the young players the Spurs have (Ian, Hill, Gist and Hairston) are athletic.

DPG21920
07-11-2008, 04:08 PM
Our front office has done a spectacular job. Have they made mistakes? Of course. But the good far outweighs the bad. AggieHoopsFan is a newb...

ChumpDumper
07-11-2008, 04:08 PM
I'd take Paul Allen, his $40 billion or so and his willingness to shell out money for picks and ultimately likely to sign and retain players regardles of the luxury tax over Holt.They sucked so long, pretty much all they are going to have are rookie contracts after next season.

ChumpDumper
07-11-2008, 04:10 PM
I'd take either Presti or Pritchard over Buford.I'd have to see each one work under the same conditions as Buford has first.

DPG21920
07-11-2008, 04:12 PM
Two extremist:

Spurs F.O. apologist___________________________________Spurs F.O. hater

TPark_____________________________________________ _____Aggie

Actual Spurs F.O. lies closer to TPark...

Not a perfect F.O., but close to it.

picnroll
07-11-2008, 04:46 PM
They sucked so long, pretty much all they are going to have are rookie contracts after next season.

But eventually if a group of them pan out I doubt Allen will hold himselve to the luxury tax line, or anywhere close to it to retain the talent. To some degree

ChumpDumper
07-11-2008, 04:50 PM
But eventually if a group of them pan out I doubt Allen will hold himselve to the luxury tax line, or anywhere close to it to retain the talent. To some degreeI'm not sure anymore. He's lost so much money on the team and the arena, he's actually starting to care about both.

T Park
07-11-2008, 04:50 PM
I'd take either Presti or Pritchard over Buford.

All I see is you defending the front office like one of them is your daddy. As per Tpark usual.

I haven't defended the moves one bit.

You have your head up your ass assuming things as per dumbfuck usual.

Dex
07-11-2008, 04:56 PM
i like basketball.

ducks
07-11-2008, 05:53 PM
i like pussy

Marcus Bryant
07-11-2008, 05:55 PM
i like pussy

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-11-2008, 05:58 PM
I see you throwing the front office under the bus as usually Aggie Hoopsfan

I see you're attacking the poster because the basketball discussion has passed you long by.

So you think R.C. and Pop are doing a great job?

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-11-2008, 05:58 PM
Our front office has done a spectacular job. Have they made mistakes? Of course. But the good far outweighs the bad. AggieHoopsFan is a newb...

If I'm a newb then you're smart.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-11-2008, 05:59 PM
Two extremist:

Spurs F.O. apologist___________________________________Spurs F.O. hater

TPark_____________________________________________ _____Aggie

Actual Spurs F.O. lies closer to TPark...

Not a perfect F.O., but close to it.

Says the rookie poster who had a meltdown when we signed Roger Mason, Jr.

DPG21920
07-11-2008, 06:03 PM
If I'm a newb then you're smart.

I was making fun of you for saying that earlier...the use of the word newb = massive tool and the use of smilies = little girl

Are we really going down the smart road again? It is really presumptuous of you Aggie (who's school is the equivalent of a blond joke), to assume you know any thing about my intellect based on forum chats.

DPG21920
07-11-2008, 06:06 PM
Says the rookie poster who had a meltdown when we signed Roger Mason, Jr.

Please show me my meltdown, if you can show me a post where I panicked I will gladly shut up...

In all my post I said: He was a stop-loss. He will keep us from sliding but will not propel us. I am happy with the signing, especially from a financial stand point. I would have been just as happy with Finley, but he will help. No meltdown, you just envisioned that between your break from playing Halo.

Provide proof to back up you moronic comments about me, please, something we can all see that is irrefutable.

DPG21920
07-11-2008, 06:06 PM
I see you're attacking the poster because the basketball discussion has passed you long by.

Yes. Next.

DPG21920
07-11-2008, 06:09 PM
You are the one who attacks posters (you incriminated yourself with Roger Mason comments) so, if you can not take it, do not dish it my friend of all friends.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-11-2008, 06:13 PM
I was making fun of you for saying that earlier...the use of the word newb = massive tool and the use of smilies = little girl

Are we really going down the smart road again? It is really presumptuous of you Aggie (who's school is the equivalent of a blond joke), to assume you know any thing about my intellect based on forum chats.

Oooh, the 'you're an Aggie so you must be dumb' smack. And you're lecturing me about the 'smart road'?

Give me a fucking break. No one's brought consistently weaker takes over the last week than you, from whining about Roger Mason to going postal about the possibility that Kurt Thomas signs some mythical max contract with someone.

It's pretty fucking ignorant for you to think assume anything about my intellect based on stupid stereotypes about my university, but you seem all too happy to hike up your skirt and do so.

manufor3
07-11-2008, 06:17 PM

Actually it was D-Rob

mardigan
07-11-2008, 06:19 PM
I cant believe some people still try and use passing on Josh Howard as ammo.

DPG21920
07-11-2008, 06:22 PM
Oooh, the 'you're an Aggie so you must be dumb' smack. And you're lecturing me about the 'smart road'?

Give me a fucking break. No one's brought consistently weaker takes over the last week than you, from whining about Roger Mason to going postal about the possibility that Kurt Thomas signs some mythical max contract with someone.

It's pretty fucking ignorant for you to think assume anything about my intellect based on stupid stereotypes about my university, but you seem all too happy to hike up your skirt and do so.

Relax, my comments about your school were clearly jokes and not to be taken seriously. Your comments about me, were intended to be rude. A&M is obviously a good school, anyone in the U.S. knows that.

Once again, I implore you to provide proof of my "weak takes".

1) I never melted down about Mason
2) Never said KT would get a max contract (said he could get the full MLE though). I said I was worried because he is an UFA and nothing else. The money does not worry me.

So PLEASE, provide proof about your accusations. If not, move on and quit making up bullshit and shut your MAN PLEASER.

DPG21920
07-11-2008, 06:23 PM
People besides me have been coming at you, so obviously they think your takes on the issues are "weak".

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-11-2008, 06:28 PM
Please show me my meltdown, if you can show me a post where I panicked I will gladly shut up...

In all my post I said: He was a stop-loss. He will keep us from sliding but will not propel us. I am happy with the signing, especially from a financial stand point. I would have been just as happy with Finley, but he will help. No meltdown, you just envisioned that between your break from playing Halo.

Provide proof to back up you moronic comments about me, please, something we can all see that is irrefutable.

Sorry, I've got better things to do with my time than go back through 27 pages to copy and paste your whining.

Moronic comments? After your two pages of fretting about the Spurs possibly, in some warped world, being willing to match an offer to Thomas for 5 million a year but not 6 million a year, you don't have room to talk.

I am so sick of idiot rookie posters like you who get your damn panties in a bunch over hypotheticals. It's day 3 of free agency. Chill out.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-11-2008, 06:28 PM
Yes. Next.

Uh, I was asking ducks.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-11-2008, 06:30 PM
People besides me have been coming at you, so obviously they think your takes on the issues are "weak".

Yeah, a couple of long time posters that usually disagree with me. And then you've got ducks who is the resident Tony Parker homer and responds to damn near everything because I'm a Manu fan. That doesn't make your whining valid.

DPG21920
07-11-2008, 06:33 PM
Sorry, I've got better things to do with my time than go back through 27 pages to copy and paste your whining.

Moronic comments? After your two pages of fretting about the Spurs possibly, in some warped world, being willing to match an offer to Thomas for 5 million a year but not 6 million a year, you don't have room to talk.

I am so sick of idiot rookie posters like you who get your damn panties in a bunch over hypotheticals. It's day 3 of free agency. Chill out.

You are not to lazy, you are too wrong. I never melted down and in fact I will go back to the threads and post my first 3 comments on the subjects you mentioned. You can not find a meltdown or me freaking out about offers. You will find that I said the Spurs would be in trouble if he got a large offer BECAUSE HE MIGHT NOT GIVE THEM A CHANCE TO MATCH BC HE IS A UFA.

Oh, the "rookie poster" line. I would rather be a balling rookie than a scrub veteran. I am Beasley, you are Horry. Does that make you better?

You keep making accusations about my wild, rookie freakouts, but when I ask you simply to take 5 minutes out of Halo time to back it up, you beat around the bush, like your scared to eat pussy so you eat around the tush...

DPG21920
07-11-2008, 06:36 PM
Yeah, a couple of long time posters that usually disagree with me. And then you've got ducks who is the resident Tony Parker homer and responds to damn near everything because I'm a Manu fan. That doesn't make your whining valid.

My whinning, please point it out with FACTS. You will get no where with me because you can not argue based on facts. That is the good thing about arguing with guys like you. I do not have to prove I am right in order to win, I have to prove you are wrong. In statistics, that is called the Null Hypothesis.

Talk about the kettle calling the pot black, isn't this a thread started by YOU COMPRISED OF A WHINING TOPIC?????

DPG21920
07-11-2008, 06:40 PM
Here is my second post about Kurt Thomas:

DPG21920
Believe.

Position: Pass-First Guard
Team: San Antonio Spurs
vBookie Cash: $500

Default Re: Rocky Mountain News: Spurs "moved up" for Najera; Diawara
Ya, but he is UFA, so it is his choice, I am getting a little nervous about the situation to be honest. This just seems like something is off...if Kurt really wanted "x" amount of dollars, the Spurs could of said ok and just signed him. Which means one of two things: he is serious about playing elsewhere in search of a ring or he asked for too much money and the Spurs are trying to negotiate. Either way, it makes me uneasy.

Very first thing I mentioned, was not that he would get a big offer like you said I did, but what I said, he is a UFA and that makes me nervous.

DPG21920
07-11-2008, 06:43 PM
My very next comment, you will see a trend start to form...I am not concerned with him getting big money (although I do mention he could get an full MLE offer that would be a lot more than the Spurs want to pay), I am concerned only with the UFA part, which is consistent with what I said, not your accusations.

DPG21920
Believe.

Originally Posted by Marcus Bryant View Post

What it will take to keep him. The Spurs dealt for him, he didn't disappoint, and he's been someone they've liked for a long while. Besides, Holt Cat just got a check for $3 mil+ from the NBA.

That does not help the cap situation in any way and he will not overpay (by a large amount if it comes to that). Plus, it is out of the Spurs hands, that is what makes me nervous.

ducks
07-11-2008, 06:44 PM

you attacked t-park
before I called you out

DPG21920
07-11-2008, 06:44 PM
As I promised, this is the last of my first 3 post about the KT issue and once again, it aligns with what I have been saying and is exactly the opposite of what you said about me....

DPG21920
Believe.

What I meant was that 3 million does not officially mean you can offer more money. I know the cap is not a concern (to a certain degree) but it is still food for thought.

You can clearly see through all these posts, I am not worried about the money, or as you put it "some dream land where he can get a max deal", I am only worried about the UFA status.

So now I will move on the Mason comments you accused me of....Please feel free at any time to interject.

DPG21920
07-11-2008, 06:53 PM
Here is my 1st post about Mason, when you compare it with your first three (which I will post shortly) you will clearly see, you are the one who had a meltdown...

DPG21920
Believe.

Default Re: Spurs Sign Roger Mason Jr.
Mason does not do dick besides shoot and handle the ball ok. He does not rebound, he is not athletic so he can not create for himself, does not dish the ball that well and is not a good defender...this is a terrible mistake of a signing, but it is not costing the Spurs much, I would much rather of had Finley back. He is a poor mans Finley.

All I did was state what he could not do and make the argument that Finley would be just as good (which is why you ATTACKED me) and then said it was ok because we did not overpay.

DPG21920
07-11-2008, 06:56 PM
Here is my second comment on Roger Mason, keeping in line with the KT issue and this one, all my comments start from the first one I made to the third, in a row...

DPG21920
Believe.

Let me rephrase, depending on what the Spurs want from him it could be a bad fit. If they want him to play Finley's role and nothing more, than it is a good signing with regards to keeping us at the level we were at last year. It does not elevate us, but it allows us to maintain for a low cost...

DPG21920
07-11-2008, 07:01 PM
Here is my last and promised 3rd comment in a row about the Mason signing, this is the post where I bring up the Finley issue, but also say that Mason is ok...

DPG21920
Believe.

Originally Posted by Buddy Holly View Post

He has better numbers than Finley of now, yet he's a poor man's Finley? WTF?

When you look at what Finley has done over the course of his ENTIRE career, yes, a poor mans Finley. Finley in the clutch as well is ice cold, he has hit many big PLAYOFF shots, Mason has not. I am indifferent with the move as long as they are not expecting him to shoulder too big a load, especially defensively.

I will now post your first 3 comments and we will see who "melted down"...

DPG21920
07-11-2008, 07:02 PM
Your first comment on Mason....starts off well

Aggie Hoopsfan
Free Throw Coach

Position: Dominant Center
Dynasty League 1: 48-34 (3rd in SW Division)
vBookie Cash: $25
Aggie Hoopsfan earned this Spur by being an original member of SpursTalk.com.

Good find. Wonder what the details are.

DPG21920
07-11-2008, 07:03 PM
Next post...Whats this, feelings starting to change a little?

Aggie Hoopsfan
Free Throw Coach

Good signing but I'm going to be pissed if we passed over Kelenna for this guy.

DPG21920
07-11-2008, 07:04 PM
Third comment...Oh no, getting angrier....

Aggie Hoopsfan
Free Throw Coach

Of course it does make you wonder... this guy is in the same mold as our draft pick from IUPIWERIUI. Combo guard... I thought Pop said Hill was going to be a contributor?

If this is for the LLE then I'm sad because that means Barry is gone. If it's for a chunk of the MLE and that closes the door on other options (Smith, Azubuike) then I'm going to be pissed.

DPG21920
07-11-2008, 07:07 PM
Uh ohhhhhhhh, meltdown started, with a cute little smiley to illustrate...

Aggie Hoopsfan
Free Throw Coach

According to two league sources, the Spurs have reached an agreement with free-agent guard Roger Mason Jr. that would pay him $7.5 million over two years.

Sucked up most of the MLE. Fucking awesome

:pctoss

DPG21920
07-11-2008, 07:08 PM
Well there you have it Aggiefan...looks like you had it backwards. You melted down, not me. Your were wrong in everyone of your accusations against me and I used facts, not propaganda to back it up.

Next.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-11-2008, 07:24 PM
Well there you have it Aggiefan...looks like you had it backwards. You melted down, not me. Your were wrong in everyone of your accusations against me and I used facts, not propaganda to back it up.

Next.

:lol Seriously. Pull your panties out of your ass crack. That wasn't a meltdown by me. You're too new to see me actually blow up about the Spurs.

Yeah, I wanted Kelenna. Since the season ended I've been consistent in saying he'd be a good fit here.

That said, if Mason can reproduce what he did as a starter in Washington, I'll be happy with it. If Kelenna signs like a 2.5 million dollar deal somewhere, it will piss me off about it. Or if we bring back Finley, because he's done.

You really need to get a life, and stop taking everything posted here so seriously. I didn't mean to make you cry or anything, get over it. The last several posts by you in this thread are pathetic. "Boo hoo, he called me out, I'll prove him wrong by taking everything he said literally!"

Seriously, if I wanted to I could go run and copy all your fucking whining about Kurt Thomas getting a mythical 10 million dollar deal or whatever stupid crap it was, and how we would let him walk just so we could use our precious LLE and remainder of the MLE to sign some inactive list fodder (and let me tell you, that meltdown of yours was classic!).

I'll leave you to the rest of your Friday evening to peruse 27 page threads to find random posts because you have your panties in a bunch about something. Just be sure that when mom calls you up from the basement for dinner you remember to brush your teeth afterward.

Have fun :toast

DPG21920
07-11-2008, 07:51 PM
:lol Seriously. Pull your panties out of your ass crack. That wasn't a meltdown by me. You're too new to see me actually blow up about the Spurs.

Yeah, I wanted Kelenna. Since the season ended I've been consistent in saying he'd be a good fit here.

That said, if Mason can reproduce what he did as a starter in Washington, I'll be happy with it. If Kelenna signs like a 2.5 million dollar deal somewhere, it will piss me off about it. Or if we bring back Finley, because he's done.

You really need to get a life, and stop taking everything posted here so seriously. I didn't mean to make you cry or anything, get over it. The last several posts by you in this thread are pathetic. "Boo hoo, he called me out, I'll prove him wrong by taking everything he said literally!"

Seriously, if I wanted to I could go run and copy all your fucking whining about Kurt Thomas getting a mythical 10 million dollar deal or whatever stupid crap it was, and how we would let him walk just so we could use our precious LLE and remainder of the MLE to sign some inactive list fodder (and let me tell you, that meltdown of yours was classic!).

I'll leave you to the rest of your Friday evening to peruse 27 page threads to find random posts because you have your panties in a bunch about something. Just be sure that when mom calls you up from the basement for dinner you remember to brush your teeth afterward.

Have fun :toast

Are you serious...after all the work I just did to prove you wrong, you go against it with the same false accusations? You might be worse than I thought. Please post one, just one comment, not even multiple about me whining about KT. You will not find it, once again if you read the simple post that I did the work of finding, I make no mention of being worried about a big money deal. No 10 million dollar mentions, none of it. Never said use the LLE or MLE, I said goal # 1 is to get KT.

I am going out with my GIRLFRIEND, not that you would know anything about that. I live on my own, in Dallas, away from my parents, pursuing my education and playing sports. I just utterly destroyed you with facts, posted it for all to see and then you come back with this weak shit. GTFO. If you considered what I said in my post meltdowns, what does that say about your post (which you claimed I have not been around long enough to know when you are really mad) that get way more pissed than mine? You are a JOKE OF A HUMAN...

DPG21920
07-11-2008, 07:55 PM
Pricks like you, elitist like you, that are always attacking other posters, rookie or not, ruin the experience. Yes I take what you say seriously, because it gets old watching you constantly talk shit and attack everyone. Then when I ask you for facts, you say you do not have time and you have a life. Well, I do the research, prove you wrong and you still are here. I guess you do not have a life. When you can argue with facts and without attacking people, then you will be relevant. Until then, your just another dick that can not back up anything he says and no one will respect your opinions.

DPG21920
07-11-2008, 07:59 PM
I am not mad at ya though, just annoyed with some people on here. I will have a shot, a brew in your honor tonight.

DPG21920
07-11-2008, 08:15 PM
My whinning, please point it out with FACTS. You will get no where with me because you can not argue based on facts. That is the good thing about arguing with guys like you. I do not have to prove I am right in order to win, I have to prove you are wrong. In statistics, that is called the Null Hypothesis.

Talk about the kettle calling the pot black, isn't this a thread started by YOU COMPRISED OF A WHINING TOPIC?????

Brodels
07-11-2008, 09:19 PM
You mean you have a girlfriend AND you are pursuing an education AND you play sports? Damn impressive.

I am going out with my GIRLFRIEND, not that you would know anything about that. I live on my own, in Dallas, away from my parents, pursuing my education and playing sports. I just utterly destroyed you with facts, posted it for all to see and then you come back with this weak shit. GTFO. If you considered what I said in my post meltdowns, what does that say about your post (which you claimed I have not been around long enough to know when you are really mad) that get way more pissed than mine? You are a JOKE OF A HUMAN...

coopdogg3
07-11-2008, 09:30 PM
Do video games count as sports?

tlongII
07-11-2008, 11:03 PM
Picking George Hill instead of Darrell Arthur was dumb. REAL dumb.

oligarchy
07-11-2008, 11:34 PM
Picking George Hill instead of Darrell Arthur was dumb. REAL dumb.

Your Dad not wearing a condom was dumb. REAL dumb.

spurman20
07-12-2008, 12:16 AM
D Authur was is and always will be a bummmmm......Joe Smith the second!!

DPG21920
07-12-2008, 02:41 AM
Do video games count as sports?

Nope, soccer counts though....
I am not upset at all with our # 26 pick, even if others turn out to be better, hind site = 20/20.

mystargtr34
07-12-2008, 04:28 AM

:lmao shit

nil.ball
07-12-2008, 04:59 AM

you let him screwed you without a condom, now that's real dumb.